Page 2071 of 2284 FirstFirst ... 1071157119712021206120692070207120722073208121212171 ... LastLast
Results 20,701 to 20,710 of 22835

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

  1. #20701
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beans
    242

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Please, I am new to this thread so a couple of 'noob' questions (sorry if they've already been covered.)

    - I have downloaded the packages, how do I actually run conky?
    - How do I edit the conky file?

    Thanks anyway.

  2. #20702
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Under a rock
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by XiaolinDraconis View Post
    Conky: llua_do_call: function conky_weather execution failed: /home/xiaolin/v9000/v9000.lua:982: attempt to call field '?' (a nil value)

    no clue what i did wrong, i thought i just changed a cyan.png line that wasn't commented out
    line 982 in v9000
    Code:
    _G.weather_script()
    it looks like you have done something to the weather script so that v9000 no longer recognizes it

    i would go back to the archive and get the s11template.lua again

    dont do anything drastic
    just put -- in front of the lines that contain the image calls like this

    Code:
    -- line
    -- image({x=205,y=5,w=1,h=260,file="/home/sector11/Conky/images/cyan-1.png"})

  3. #20703
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Beans
    185
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by MogBug View Post
    Please, I am new to this thread so a couple of 'noob' questions (sorry if they've already been covered.)

    - I have downloaded the packages, how do I actually run conky?
    - How do I edit the conky file?

    Thanks anyway.
    Maybe you could post the files you have so we can tell what you need to do as there are several versions and styles of Conky.

    As far as editing them so you can have things just the way you like. Geany is a really good tool for doing this.

    I'm a linux newb myself, but have been help beyond my expectations by the members here. Once they latch onto a problem, they don't like to let go until it is solved.

    As a newb it was all pretty hard to fathom, but with their help I got my conky lua looking way cool.
    Last edited by AndyOpie150; October 3rd, 2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: fix typo

  4. #20704
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Beans
    7

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    line 982 in v9000
    Code:
    _G.weather_script()
    it looks like you have done something to the weather script so that v9000 no longer recognizes it

    i would go back to the archive and get the s11template.lua again

    dont do anything drastic
    just put -- in front of the lines that contain the image calls like this

    Code:
    -- line
    -- image({x=205,y=5,w=1,h=260,file="/home/sector11/Conky/images/cyan-1.png"})
    Thanks for the tip about -- I will definitely make more backups, and not edit as much. I'll be back in a couple of days, hopefully with weather implemented in the revised NightDrive.

  5. #20705
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SR11 Cockpit
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by XiaolinDraconis View Post
    Thanks for the tip about -- I will definitely make more backups, and not edit as much. I'll be back in a couple of days, hopefully with weather implemented in the revised NightDrive.
    Hi XiaolinDraconis

    If you want to continue using those "lines" here's the archive. They are simply 1x1pixel images of different colours. I use them for two purposes.

    1. When using an image with transparent backgrounds you can't see the edges to judge exactly where the image might be. Example - weather images:

    1. the sun sits dead centre of the image,
    2. thunderstorms go from top to bottom but not the full width
    3. fog sits near the bottom of the image.


    So I test with these set to the weather image size to see the limits:


    2. then I use them for lines as you have seen in the script you are using, both horizontal and vertical.

    Then just edit the lines in the LUA script to match where you put them:
    Code:
    image({x=205,y=5,w=1,h=260,file="/home/USERNAME/PATH/TO_IMAGE/cyan-1.png"})
    Enjoy!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Sector11; October 4th, 2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: added info

  6. #20706
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Beans
    2,802
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Data dump coming soon...






    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

  7. #20707
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Beans
    1

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Manuel318 View Post
    Here is a simple conky , thank's to sector11 and mr peachy's....
    Question: Could you show the script for your conky's?

    I'm more interested in the weather conky you have (at least until arclance's conkyWeather is capable of being re-sized fairly easy).

    I spend more time on computer than I do watching the TV.
    I travel by city bus right now so weather info is extremely important down here in Central Florida.

    Thanks

    arclance: Is there a way to just have the weather radar, apart from the rest of of your conkyWeather. Same size as in your conkyWeather?
    Last edited by AndyOpie150; 2 Days Ago at 11:47 AM..
    AndyOpie150 is offline Report Post Reply With Quote
    Here is the weather template.........
    Attached Files Attached Files

  8. #20708
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beans
    242

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by AndyOpie150 View Post
    Maybe you could post the files you have so we can tell what you need to do as there are several versions and styles of Conky.

    As far as editing them so you can have things just the way you like. Geany is a really good tool for doing this.

    I'm a linux newb myself, but have been help beyond my expectations by the members here. Once they latch onto a problem, they don't like to let go until it is solved.

    As a newb it was all pretty hard to fathom, but with their help I got my conky lua looking way cool.
    Hi AndyOpie150,
    Thanks for the attention. I do not want to do anything fancy with Conky, I just want my CPU temp and load, case temp and RAM load, fan speed etc. i.e. something like CPUZ (CPU ID) in Windows but for Ubuntu. I also have an idea about building an Arduino USB module with lights/dials to indicate CPU temp (for the purpose of overclocking the CPU.) Any hints and tips gratefully recieved.

    P.S. Please see my other thread here
    Last edited by CJ_Hudson; October 6th, 2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: P.S.; typo

  9. #20709
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Detachment 7
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Wink Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Cross between VinDSL and v9000 conky. On the left is the music and lyrics of current playing song, with album cover and controls below that! My favorite look so far. I'm quite sure the 'addiction' will consume me again in a couple of hours and I'll be 'compelled' to change it again!!!
    Beware conky addiction....

    Jed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    | [I]Running 'VSIDO' | My blog |

  10. #20710
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    SR11 Cockpit
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Jedcurtis View Post
    Beware conky addiction....

    Jed
    For conky addicts there is a One Step Program:
    We admitted we were powerless over conky, and LOVE IT!
    You're in good company Jed! And your conky is SUPER!

    Can you post the code and scripts for that please.

Page 2071 of 2284 FirstFirst ... 1071157119712021206120692070207120722073208121212171 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •