Page 2047 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1047154719471997203720452046204720482049205720972147 ... LastLast
Results 20,461 to 20,470 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    A couple of things...
    Can not help with Ubuntu problems, you're talking Unity 2d and Unity right? Sorry, I hope some Ubuntu users come along and help you with that.

However 'maybe' some of this will help a little.

Since you use:
    Code:
      use_xft yes
      xftalpha 0.9
    this might be better:
    Code:
      xftfont Ubuntu:bold:size=11
    This next change will eliminate some problems as well, for others, not all but enough, it did for me with the ° symbol for the temp:
    Code:
      override_utf8_locale yes
    Here's something else that might make your conky a little more adaptable. I have 8 USB ports but only 3 USB devices I can plug in. A happy coincidence. Now since you did say:
    However, I couldn't get an accurate bar graph to work for these drives anymore (since I no longer specify code for each individual preassigned drive name as I did before). Its not a big deal, but it would be nice if I had that option.
    Your lines:
    Code:
    ${if_existing  /dev/sdb1}
    ${color6}${exec df -h | grep 'sdb1' | cut -c46-55}${color}:${color8}${alignr}${exec df -H | grep 'sdb1' | cut -c23-27}${color} / ${color8}${exec df -h | grep 'sdb1' | cut -c17-20}${else}${endif}${if_existing  /dev/sdc1}
    ${color6}${exec df -h | grep 'sdc1' | cut -c46-55}${color}:${color8}${alignr}${exec df -H | grep 'sdc1' | cut -c23-27}${color} / ${color8}${exec df -h | grep 'sdc1' | cut -c17-20}${else}${endif}${if_existing  /dev/sdd1}
    ${color6}${exec df -h | grep 'sdd1' | cut -c46-55}${color}:${color8}${alignr}${exec df -H | grep 'sdd1' | cut -c23-27}${color} / ${color8}${exec df -h | grep 'sdd1' | cut -c17-20}${else}${endif}${color}
    Did nothing here for me, I see:
    Code:
        :              /
    when I plug things in.

Looking at: df -H I see mount points...
    Code:
      01 Sep 12 | 17:26:33 ~
             $ df -H
    Filesystem                                              Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sdb1                                               2.0G   63M  1.9G   4% /media/vsido
    /dev/sdc1                                               247G   51G  184G  22% /media/disk
    /dev/sdd1                                                16G  369M   15G   3% /media/16

01 Sep 12 | 17:31:29 ~
             $
    I trimmed some fat ... but notice those last three, they have a mount points on the right.

So I thought, why not use
    Code:
    ${if_mounted mount_point}
    no 'exec', no grep, no cuts. And you get your bars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke-StarWars
    Use the mount point Dawg
    I did:
    Code:
    ${color7}Root${color}: ${alignr}${color8}${fs_used /}${color} / ${color8}${fs_size /}
    ${color2}${fs_bar 10 /}${color}
    ${color7}Home${color}: ${alignr}${color8}${fs_used /home}${color} / ${color8}${fs_size /home}
    ${color2}${fs_bar 10 /home}${color}${if_mounted /media/disk}
    ${color6}250${color}:${alignr}${color8}${fs_used /media/disk}${color} / ${color8}${fs_size /media/disk}
    ${color2}${fs_bar 10 /media/disk}${color}${else}${endif}${if_mounted /media/16}
    ${color6}16${color}:${alignr}${color8}${fs_used /media/16}${color} / ${color8}${fs_size /media/16}
    ${color2}${fs_bar 10 /media/16}${color}${else}${endif}${if_mounted /media/vsido}
    ${color6}VO${color}:${alignr}${color8}${fs_used /media/vsido}${color} / ${color8}${fs_size /media/vsido}
    ${color2}${fs_bar 10 /media/vsido}${color}${else}${endif}
    # TEXT code block 3: END
    BTW, I don't have 'wlan' and no webdings font here: I like it, you have a nice little conky going there.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

So I thought, why not use
    Code:
    ${if_mounted mount_point}
    no 'exec', no grep, no cuts. And you get your bars.

Yes that was how I did it originally, the "problem" is that you have to program the name of your USB drive into the conky script. And if you were to put in a friends USB drive, it would have a different name and the mount wouldn't work with out adjusting the script. I was going for a more universal solution.

The only way around that is to exec df and print the displays for sdb1, sdb2, and sdc3 if present.

However it appears my cut points do not work on your system as they do on mine. I expect my code would give you the correct output if the cut points were adjusted accordingly.

yours...
    Code:
    Filesystem                                              Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sdb1                                               2.0G   63M  1.9G   4% /media/vsido
    /dev/sdc1                                               247G   51G  184G  22% /media/disk
    /dev/sdd1                                                16G  369M   15G   3% /media/16
    mine...
    Code:
    Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/sda6        37G  8.7G   26G  26% /
    udev            1.5G  4.1k  1.5G   1% /dev
    tmpfs           581M  873k  580M   1% /run
    none            5.3M     0  5.3M   0% /run/lock
    none            1.5G  2.7M  1.5G   1% /run/shm
    /dev/sda5       496M  140M  332M  30% /boot
    /dev/sda7        90G  6.5G   79G   8% /home
    /dev/sdb1        17G  439M   16G   3% /media/USB20FD
    It appears my df output is much more compact than yours, only blank spaces got cut on your system and that is why the output was empty on your system.

I will look at the other proposed fixes you suggested and let you know how they work. Thanks a lot for looking at it and testing it out, it's appreciated.

This next change will eliminate some problems as well, for others, not all but enough, it did for me with the ° symbol for the temp:
    Code:
    Code:
      override_utf8_locale yes
    How do you do the degree symbol???
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; September 1st, 2012 at 11:41 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

It appears my df output is much more compact than yours, only blank spaces got cut on your system and that is why the output was empty on your system.

I will look at the other proposed fixes you suggested and let you know how they work. Thanks a lot for looking at it and testing it out, it's appreciated.

How do you do the degree symbol???
    You're welcome.

Yes because I have this (remember I said I trimmed the fat) and you cannot be sure other systems will not have something similar.

Code:
      01 Sep 12 | 20:28:03 ~
             $ df -h
    rootfs                                                  9.3G  6.6G  2.3G  75% /
    udev                                                     10M     0   10M   0% /dev
    tmpfs                                                   598M  428K  598M   1% /run
    /dev/disk/by-uuid/62874c9e-7f1b-4204-a273-f0699e31c62c  9.3G  6.6G  2.3G  75% /
    tmpfs                                                   5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
    tmpfs                                                   2.0G     0  2.0G   0% /run/shm
    /dev/sda5                                               117G   40G   71G  36% /media/5
    /dev/sda7                                                14G  4.2G  9.2G  32% /home
    /dev/sda8                                                67G  1.1G   62G   2% /media/8

01 Sep 12 | 20:28:29 ~
             $
    So while your system works for you as it is, and would work for me IF I went through "| cut -c xx-xx" points and modified them. Which I did for the first one ... took too long!

It is easier to do a df -h get the "mount points" and use those. Easy enough to explain that in well commented conky, which you have. And you have the added bonus it's now lighter on resources (no 'exec' commands).

The degree symbol is part of my 'latam' keyboard - to the left of the 1 with a [shift]

The one key gives me:

alone: |
    [shift] °
    [Alt Gr] ¬

[Alt Gr] being the right [Alt] key

My keyboard really does this:

Free Image Hosting by imgbox.com

So I can do things like: Just my 2¢ here but E=MC² and not E=MC½

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

It is easier to do a df -h get the "mount points" and use those. Easy enough to explain that in well commented conky, which you have. And you have the added bonus it's now lighter on resources (no 'exec' commands).
    Yes most assuredly its easier to modify the mount points like you described and like what I did in my first attempt. But on my system I want to be able to plug in any random USB drive from anywhere and have it pop up with the name and the space with out ever touching the conky code again.

And yes the exec and grep stuff is harder on resources, but I already run so light it doesn't make a much of an impact. However, I realize others may want a lighter conky script. So perhaps making my script portable will become a secondary goal for me. As I'm logged on XFCE now and my conky looks terrible

Is there a way to have conky (or some other process) count spaces to, lets say, "Size" on the first line containing the word "Filesystem", store that number as an integer, and then use that number again on another grep and cut command????

That's what really needs to be done to make my method portable.

Thanks for the tip on the "latam" keyboard.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I told you I would let you know what worked....

this might be better:

Code:
    xftfont Ubuntu:bold:size=11

Code:
    override_utf8_locale yes
    I made the changes and logged into unity and the flash while clicking problem seems to be fixed now. Thanks.

I did notice something else. The RAM memory bar indication is about 15% higher than my system resource monitor output. Any idea why conky is so much higher than system monitor?
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; September 2nd, 2012 at 02:41 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Yes most assuredly its easier to modify the mount points like you described and like what I did in my first attempt. But on my system I want to be able to plug in any random USB drive from anywhere and have it pop up with the name and the space with out ever touching the conky code again.

And yes the exec and grep stuff is harder on resources, but I already run so light it doesn't make a much of an impact. However, I realize others may want a lighter conky script. So perhaps making my script portable will become a secondary goal for me. As I'm logged on XFCE now and my conky looks terrible
    Conky is becoming a very "desktop" orientated program these days.

What desktop do you use?
    What window manager?
    What composite manager?

Finicky is a good word.

Is there a way to have conky (or some other process) count spaces to, lets say, "Size" on the first line containing the word "Filesystem", store that number as an integer, and then use that number again on another grep and cut command????

That's what really needs to be done to make my method portable.
    No dout it can be by someone like dk75, arclance, mobilediesel, Crinos512, TeoGigusGeekus or anyone else versed in bash scripts let alone mrpeachy, wlourf or others with LUA knowledge. Bet even kaivalagi could do it with python. But not me! I just use the stuff they write.

Thanks for the tip on the "latam" keyboard.
    I thought about it, and yes your conky should work like you want with one of my USB's plugged in. I think I'll go though the exercise again since my "cuts" are different - it's just a matter of figuring them out. And get your method working here, maybe I'll do that in my Xfce session and see how good/bad it looks here. And you're right, it's light enough.

I have OB and Xfce sessions here. I shall return!

Beans

what y'all think of this one? everything auto-updates. the thing in the lower right corner of song art is spectrum analyzer screenlet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by scottr99 View Post
    what y'all think of this one? everything auto-updates. the thing in the lower right corner of song art is spectrum analyzer screenlet.
    Nice, but it would be helpful if you posted codes so the newbies like me can learn something

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    Conky is becoming a very "desktop" orientated program these days.

What desktop do you use?
    What window manager?
    What composite manager?

No dout it can be by someone like dk75, arclance, mobilediesel, Crinos512, TeoGigusGeekus or anyone else versed in bash scripts let alone mrpeachy, wlourf or others with LUA knowledge. Bet even kaivalagi could do it with python. But not me! I just use the stuff they write.
    I typically use Unity2D desktop and compiz window manager and I haven't clue what a composite manager even is (yet).

I'm already thinking about having a start up script count lines/columns in 'df' and then edit the conky.rc accordingly before starting it up. Unfortunately I'm an engineer, not a programmer, so it'll probably take a while for me to figure it out.

Beans

Nice, but it would be helpful if you posted codes so the newbies like me can learn something
    I hear you, and thanks. This is a compilation of various Python scripts, so dumping them all in here all at once would be a bit overwhelming I think. I'd prefer to address a specific thing at a time. If you have something specific you like let me know and I'll post on that.

Page 2047 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1047154719471997203720452046204720482049205720972147 ... LastLast