Page 2041 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1041154119411991203120392040204120422043205120912141 ... LastLast
Results 20,401 to 20,410 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Altered the USB output so that it disappears when USB drive is ejected. Now I have it just how I want it (at least for the next 20min).

USB mounted:

USB ejected:

Code:

Code:
    ############################################################################################
    #                                                                                          #
    #  .conkyrc (version 1.01)                                                                 #
    #  A clean, simple, yet useful configuration code for conky                                #
    #                                                                                          #
    #  Written by Petro Dawg (aka Greg):                                                       #
    #  Last updated on 8/26/12                                                                 #
    #  Based on source code from http://lonelymachines.org/2012/08/16/simple-conky-config/     #
    #    > This version has been significately modified to meet my needs and reorganized to    #
    #      add clarity for anyone wanting to modify the code further to meet their own needs.  # 
    #  Displays the following PC information on the Desktop within an embedded window:         #
    #    > CPU temp                                                                            #
    #    > CPU operating speed                                                                 #
    #    > Individual core usage                                                               #
    #    > Top 4 processes using CPU resources                                                 #
    #    > Total RAM                                                                           #
    #    > Active RAM amount                                                                   #
    #    > Top 4 processes using RAM resources                                                 #
    #    > Root folder size and memory used                                                    #
    #    > Home folder size and memory used                                                    #
    #    > USB drive size and memory used                                                      #
    #    > IP Address                                                                          #
    #    > Download speed and data Received                                                    #
    #    > Upload speed and data Sent                                                          #
    #  Requires installation of:                                                               #
    #    > conky (available in software center)                                                #
    #    > lm-sensors (available in software center)                                           #
    #  Additional information and resources:                                                   #
    #    > To run conky at startup, create an empty file in your home folder, name it          #
    #      ".conky-startup.sh" and copy the following 2 lines in it:                           #
    #           !/bin/bash                                                                     #
    #           sleep 15 && conky ;                                                            #
    #      Add the path to the .conky-startup.sh file within Startup Applications.             #
    #    > http://conky.sourceforge.net/                                                       #
    #    > http://www.graphviz.org/doc/info/colors.html                                        #
    #    > http://www.december.com/html/spec/colorhex.html                                     #
    #  Upate Log:                                                                              #
    #    > Version 1.01 (8/26/12)                                                              #
    #      - USB output will disappear from Conky when USB drive is ejected                    #
    ############################################################################################ 

#conky performance settings
      use_xft yes
      xftalpha 0.9
      update_interval 3.0
      total_run_times 0
      cpu_avg_samples 4
      no_buffers no
      double_buffer yes
      override_utf8_locale no

#overall position of conky window
      alignment top_right
      gap_x 12
      gap_y 35
      minimum_size 180 5
      maximum_width 180

#overall appearance of conky window
      own_window yes
      own_window_type normal
      own_window_transparent yes
      own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
      draw_borders no

#default text apperance
      font Ubuntu:bold:size=11
      default_color khaki1
      draw_shades yes
      draw_outline yes
      default_shade_color white
      default_outline_color black
      uppercase no

#border around graphs
      draw_graph_borders yes

#color I assigned to graphical output features (bars/graphs)
      color2 grey  

#colors I assigned to items in top processes display
      color3 orangered
      color4 orange
      color5 yellow
      color6 olivedrab1

#  The code below 'TEXT' will control what is displayed by conky:                          #
    #   -> In the interest of clarity, the system outputs are divided into four related groups #
    #      (i.e. all code related to the CPU is in one grouping of adjacent lines while code   #
    #      related to RAM is in another grouping of adjacent lines).  Each group is hereafter  #
    #      refered to as a 'TEXT code block'.                                                  #
    #   -> To best fit your screen, adjust the overall vertical length of the display by       #
    #      adding or deleting empty lines either before or after the TEXT code blocks below.   #
    TEXT

# TEXT code block 1: START 
    #  The first TEXT code block displays CPU information                                      #
    #   -> Temperature displayed is the PCI Adapter temp1 output on same line as 'high' output #
    #   -> Requires the installation of lm-sensors to work:  sudo apt-get lm-sensors           #
    #   -> After installation run:  sensors-detect      (answer yes to all)                    #
    #   -> Run 'sensors' in terminal to determine which line needs grep & which columns        #
    #      needs to be cut.                                                                    #
    #   -> Replace:  ${cpubar cpu1 10} with ${cpugraph cpu1 FFFF00 FF0000} to change to graph  #
    #      output of CPU1 usage.                                                               #
    #   -> 'FFFF00' and 'FF0000' are HEX color codes and can be replaced with whatever colors  #
    #      you like.  Goto www.graphviz.org/doc/info/colors.html for color information (hold   #
    #      mouse over color to see HEX code for that color).                                   #
    #   -> Add outputs for more cores by adding the following lines below the 'cpu2' lines:    #
    #           Core '#': ${alignr}${cpu cpu'#'}%                                              #
    #           ${color2}${cpubar cpu'#' 10}${color}                                           #
    #      (repeat for each additional core up to the total number of cores in the system)     #      
    #      (replace each '#' with the number of the core (i.e. 3 or 4))                        #
    #   -> If you have a single core simply delete the 2 lines containing 'cpu2'               #
    CPU Temp: $alignr${exec sensors | grep 'high' | cut -c16-19}C${color}
    CPU Speed: ${alignr}${freq}MHz
    Core 1: ${alignr}${cpu cpu1}%
    ${color2}${cpubar cpu1 10}${color}
    Core 2: ${alignr}${cpu cpu2}%
    ${color2}${cpubar cpu2 10}${color}
    ${font Ubuntu:size=10}${color3}${top name 1}$alignr${top cpu 1}
    ${color4}${top name 2}$alignr${top cpu 2}
    ${color5}${top name 3}$alignr${top cpu 3}
    ${color6}${top name 4}$alignr${top cpu 4}${font}${color}
    # TEXT code block 1: END

# TEXT code block 2: START
    #  Second TEXT code block displays RAM information:                                        #
    #   -> Replace ${membar 10} with ${memgraph FFFF00 FF0000} to change to graph output of    #
    #      RAM usage. (I did not find this very useful as RAM usage is usually fairly steady   #
    #      on my sytem.)                                                                       #
    RAM Total: ${alignr}$memmax
    Active: ${alignr}$mem ($memperc%)
    ${color2}${membar 10}${color}
    ${font Ubuntu:size=10}${color3}${top_mem name 1}$alignr${top_mem mem 1}
    ${color4}${top_mem name 2}$alignr${top_mem mem 2}
    ${color5}${top_mem name 3}$alignr${top_mem mem 3}
    ${color6}${top_mem name 4}$alignr${top_mem mem 4}${font}${color}
    # TEXT code block 2: END

# TEXT code block 3: START
    #  Third TEXT code block displays Filesystem information:                                  #
    #   -> The USB information is specific to the USB drive I most commonly use on my computer #
    #      (USB20FD).  Make sure to replace 'USB20FD' with the name of the USB drive used.     #
    Root: ${alignr}${fs_used /} / ${fs_size /}
    ${color2}${fs_bar 10 /}${color}
    Home: ${alignr}${fs_used /home} / ${fs_size /home}
    ${color2}${fs_bar 10 /home}${color}
    ${if_existing  /media/USB20FD}USB: ${alignr}${fs_used /media/USB20FD} / ${fs_size /media/USB20FD}
    ${color2}${fs_bar 10 /media/USB20FD}${color} ${else}
    ${endif}
    # TEXT code block 3: END

# TEXT code block 4: START
    #  Fourth TEXT code block displays Network information:                                    #
    #   -> A graphical output of download information can be displayed by adding the following #
    #      line of code between the line starting with 'Down' and the line begining with       #
    #      'Up':                                                                               #
    #      ${color2}${downspeedgraph wlan0 FFFF00 FF0000}${color}                              #
    #   -> A graphical output of upload information can be displayed by adding the following   #
    #      line of code between after the line begining with 'Up':                             #
    #      ${color2}${upspeedgraph wlan0 FFFF00 FF0000}${color}                                #
    #   -> 'FFFF00' and 'FF0000' are HEX color codes and can be replaced with whatever colors  #
    #      you like.  Goto www.graphviz.org/doc/info/colors.html for color information (hold   #
    #      mouse over color to see HEX code for that color).                                   # 
    IP Address: ${alignr}${addr wlan0}
    Down: ${downspeed wlan0}/s ${alignr}${totaldown wlan0}
    Up: ${upspeed wlan0}/s ${alignr}${totalup wlan0}
    # TEXT code block 4: END
    Last edited by Petro Dawg; August 27th, 2012 at 04:25 AM. Reason: There was an unintentional space before the 'U' in USB. Space deleted, should line up perfectly now.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    In that case I have one of the best forgetters there ever was. I'm also a master in wealth avoidance.

Also, didn't know they released FF7 for PS2. I have 1 - 12 (except 11 as I have no time for MMORPG). Two copies of FF7, one for PS1 and one for PC. I've recently got the PC version installed (with patches) on my WIN7 partition, so I get to do some retro gaming again. I'm thinking about getting FF3 for my phone, but I have better things to spend $15 on ATM.

Update: reading through conky variables documentation and already tweaking again. That didn't take long, did it?
    WOW!!!!!!!! I said a month, looks like it took just over that in hours not days. YUP! You're hooked!

I don't 'game' on the PC and Windows has been gone for 5 years now. In fact the last BSOD W2K gave me told me the HD was dead. A 6 month old Western Digital that 24 hours later was happily running Ubuntu 7.04 and today sits in my mother-in-laws old Compaq Presario running SliTaz Linix in with 256 MB RAM. Dead my MS-behind!

We sold our PS-I complete with games, to get our PS-II, that was a HUGE mistake. FF-13 is out (MS Windows - [to be] ported to PS-III) and FF-14 is out - another MMORPG (I hate those too).

BTW; Love that "master at wealth avoidance" seems to be a disease I have too, just didn't know the name.

Take a look at Conky PitStop in my sig.

And to get things back on topic, my daily conkys on Desktop 1:

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Can any one tell me why the conky on the right keeps getting a white background after I login and open say terminal or Firefox.
    It is transparent at first but, if I open anything it gets the white background.

Here is an example:

If I open the home directory and click on show hidden files like I am going to edit the file, it always fixes itself, goes back to transparent and I never have another problem with it for that session.
    It does this on Precise and Quantal both.
    I am on Quantal and do not have an Nvidia driver just have the nouveau driver.
    Always has worked great on Lucid.

Every time I login into either Ubuntu it does this.

Here is the conky for it:
    Code:
    alignment top_right
    background no
    border_width 0
    cpu_avg_samples 2
    default_color white
    default_outline_color black
    default_shade_color black
    double_buffer yes
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders yes
    draw_outline no
    draw_shades yes
    use_xft yes
    xftfont terminus:size=10
    gap_x 10
    gap_y 50
    #maximum_width 320
    maximum_width 400
    minimum_size 300 100
    net_avg_samples 2
    no_buffers yes
    out_to_console no
    out_to_stderr no
    extra_newline no
    own_window yes
    own_window_class Conky
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    stippled_borders 0
    update_interval 1.0
    uppercase no
    use_spacer none
    show_graph_scale no
    show_graph_range no
    text_buffer_size 5120
    temperature_unit        fahrenheit
    TEXT
    ${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}SYSTEM $hr
    ${font}$sysname $kernel $alignr $machine
    #Host: $alignr $nodename
    CPU Core 1 Temp: $alignr${execi 600 sensors -f | grep 'Core 0' | awk '{print $3}' | cut -c2-9}
    CPU Core 2 Temp: $alignr${execi 600 sensors -f | grep 'Core 1' | awk '{print $3}' | cut -c2-9}
    CPU Core 3 Temp: $alignr${execi 600 sensors -f | grep 'Core 2' | awk '{print $3}' | cut -c2-9}
    CPU Core 4 Temp: $alignr${execi 600 sensors -f | grep 'Core 3' | awk '{print $3}' | cut -c2-9}
    ${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}nVidia GPU $hr
    ${font Terminus:size=10}GPU Temperature   : $alignr$color${execi 10 nvidia-settings -q GPUCoreTemp | awk '{if (NR==2) {print ($4*9)/5+32}}'} °F
    #CPU Fan Speed $alignr${hwmon 1 fan 1} RPM
    #${font Terminus:size=10}GPU Fan Speed       :  $alignr$color${execi 10 nvidia-smi -a | grep Fan} %
    #${font Terminus:size=10}GPU Fan Speed       : $alignr$color${execi 10 nvidia-settings -q GPUCoreTemp} %
    ${font Terminus:size=10}GPU Driver Version : $alignr$color${execi 10 nvidia-settings -t -q NvidiaDriverVersion}
    #${color}GPU Mem: $alignr${color} ${execpi 10 nvidia-settings -q VideoRam | grep  "Attr" | cut -c38-43}Bytes

${color white}${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}PROCESSORS $hr
    ${font Terminus:size=10}CPU1: ${cpu cpu1}% ${cpubar cpu1}
    CPU2: ${cpu cpu2}% ${cpubar cpu2}
    CPU3: ${cpu cpu3}% ${cpubar cpu3}
    CPU4: ${cpu cpu4}% ${cpubar cpu4}

${color pink}${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}MEMORY 
    ${font}RAM ${alignc}     $mem/$memmax  $alignr $memperc%
    ${membar}${color orange}
    ${font Terminus:bold:size=10}${color Tan1}DISKS ${color orange}${hr 2}
    $font${color orange}/ $alignc ${fs_used /} / ${fs_size /} $alignr ${fs_free_perc /}%
    ${fs_bar /}
    /HD $alignc ${fs_used /media/1CFC7A8DFC7A60C6} / ${fs_size /media/1CFC7A8DFC7A60C6} $alignr ${fs_free_perc /media/1CFC7A8DFC7A60C6}%
    ${fs_bar /media/1CFC7A8DFC7A60C6}
    /Fantom $alignc ${fs_used /media/Fantom} / ${fs_size /media/Fantom} $alignr ${fs_free_perc /media/Fantom}%
    ${fs_bar /media/Fantom}
    ${color green}${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}TOP PROCESSES $hr
    ${top name 1}$alignr${top cpu 1}%
    ${top name 2}$alignr${top cpu 2}%
    ${top name 3}$alignr${top cpu 3}%
    ${top name 4}$alignr${top cpu 4}%

${color yellow}NETWORK $hr
    #External IP: $alignr ${execi 3600 wget -O - http://whatismyip.org/ | tail}
    D/L: ${downspeed eth0}/s $alignr ${totaldown eth0}
    U/L: ${upspeed eth0}/s $alignr ${totalup eth0}

#${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -l USFL0447 --imperial --errorlog=/tmp/conky_forecast.log --template=/home/cavsfan/weather.template --infologfile=/home/cavsfan/cfInfo.log --errorlogfile=/home/cavsfan/cfError.log}
    ${color white}${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}${time %I:%M%p}${alignr}${time %a %b/%d/%y}
    Thanks for anyone who can solve this mystery.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Can any one tell me why the conky on the right keeps getting a white background after I login and open say terminal or Firefox.
    It is transparent at first but, if I open anything it gets the white background.

Thanks for anyone who can solve this mystery.
    Wild thing,
    you make my conky zing ...

That's the weirdest thing I've seen.
    And to be honest NOT a clue.

But we gotta try right ... so lets start with this change:
    Code:
    background no
    to
    Code:
    background yes
    and see what that does.

run it through the loops until your sure it works or "Oops! White!

If that does nothing try this change:
    Code:
    own_window_type override
    to
    Code:
    own_window_type normal
    override eliminates most of the own_window_hints

X'ing fingers.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    Thanks. I tried to just include stuff that was actually important to my computer's performance. I also wanted to limit what I included so I could use the bold outlined text that was easy to read against many different backgrounds. To add more, I would have to make the text smaller or the box bigger which would be, as you put it, "cluttered".

Unity was the first Linux environment I ever tried (less than a year ago) so I just got used to it. I've tried KDE and Gnome and I just like Unity better. I think its just a matter of what you are most used to and the level of customizing you want. I actually grown to like Unity2D the most, because it is extremely friendly to my laptop's resources and has nearly the same functionality as the 3D version.

I'm just amazed that after spending most of my computing life solely on Windows, when I now use a Windows a computer (which I should be used to), I can't stand it at all. Its like trying to return to dial up internet after having experienced high speed internet.
    My first experience with Linux was red hat back in 2003....

When I use windows it all seems so........ childish? So locked down and limited with what you can do. In linux you can do anything you want and have 50 ways to do any one thing. It's yours to make your own.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    That is a very good analogy! We have FF 7, 9, 10, 10-2 and 12. Love them!
    I love that log Cabin!

My dream home is a log cabin, which is Odd because I Work and make my money in technology and would build a uber home data center in my cabin, in the woods...

The only thing holding me back is money and availability of high speed Internet in the sticks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by joe0121 View Post
    I love that log Cabin!

My dream home is a log cabin, which is Odd because I Work and make my money in technology and would build a uber home data center in my cabin, in the woods...

The only thing holding me back is money and availability of high speed Internet in the sticks.
    Technology is nice - to a point! But "nothing" (IMHO) beats good quality log cabin type construction! The are limits though.

This is beyond a "fixer-upper"!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    everything there is done in a lua script run through conky (using the output of conky variables). It does seem to be quite a learning curve going from conkyrc code to lua scripts.

not many people have progressed further than a few ring meters and such which is a pity
    but certainly not an impossible task by any means to learn how to code
    Hahahahahahaha its difficult to learn if you have never programmed before. I'm trying to slightly change that
    I'm a super power user

Beans
    Hidden!

Special thanks to "mrpeachy" and "Sector11", also all the posts here, and all the ones on crunchbanglinux.org's web site. I guess I got the 'conky' fever too!

So here's my screenshot after a night of working to get it perfect. (At least for me)

To achieve this is really pretty simple, just follow the directions in the Readme for the v9000 stuff.
    Once you look through the file you should be able to get yours up and running. If I did it, then anyone could...

You can get the v9000 stuff here

Oh yeah, I'm running conky 1.9.1...

Obviously remove the .txt extension from the conkyrc file I uploaded! Good Luck...

Jed
    p.s. I think I deserve like at least 15 beans for getting this done! hehe
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jedcurtis; August 28th, 2012 at 11:10 AM. Reason: removed attached picture

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    Wild thing,
    you make my conky zing ...

That's the weirdest thing I've seen.
    And to be honest NOT a clue.

But we gotta try right ... so lets start with this change:
    Code:
    background no
    to
    Code:
    background yes
    and see what that does.

run it through the loops until your sure it works or "Oops! White!

If that does nothing try this change:
    Code:
    own_window_type override
    to
    Code:
    own_window_type normal
    override eliminates most of the own_window_hints

X'ing fingers.
    Thank you Sector11!
    The 2nd one fixed it!

As you can imagine that was annoying as heck!
    I do believe I am good to go now thanks a lot!

Page 2041 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1041154119411991203120392040204120422043205120912141 ... LastLast