Page 2011 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1011151119111961200120092010201120122013202120612111 ... LastLast
Results 20,101 to 20,110 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

davesbrain what Weather script is that???

Beans

It's a modified '1e' with radar and edited images for the forecast section. Mine are cropped to a more square aspect ratio.

http://crunchbanglinux.org/forums/to...nwsweathercom/

Beans

Oh...I've tried and tried, but I can't get the album art to show up. The other info like Artist, album name, title, etc..works fine. But that .album thing just will not work. (unless it's something dumb on my part). Conky v1.90, Ubuntu v10.04-4, Rhythmbox v0.12.8

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by davesbrain View Post
    Oh...I've tried and tried, but I can't get the album art to show up. The other info like Artist, album name, title, etc..works fine. But that .album thing just will not work. (unless it's something dumb on my part). Conky v1.90, Ubuntu v10.04-4, Rhythmbox v0.12.8
    As always... post your code... ALL of it. Conky, Weather scripts, Lua scripts, you name it. Sometimes it's a matter of you accidentally deleting or adding a character you didn't realise was important. Never, Never assume we can get your code elsewhere.

Get into this habit. If any part of your code is broken, post all of it in this thread so we can see it, as it is currently working (or not in these cases.) Never assume we "Just Know" what is wrong.

This also is a good idea for those times when one person or another is haunting the thread, isn't usually around, and just happens to know how to fix your code. They can passively flip through the thread, see your code there, and read that you're having a problem. It's easier for them and for all of the rest of us to help you if you post it as it currently sits on your system. It assists us in assisting you get it running faster.

Never talk about a problem you're having with your code without posting all of it. If you don't have access to it at the time of posting? Don't post. Wait until you have a chance to post the entire thing, and that will increase your chances of having it resolved. This chance goes up exponentially the longer you can have your fingers on the code itself and this thread at the same time. Checking in from another location just slows everyone down when you're having a problem. If it's just a community check-in to see how we're doing? THAT can be done from anywhere. But, when you're having a problem, have your code ready to work on. It's better for you and your sanity that way.

Beans

Question regarding weather scripts. I'm using TeoBigusGeekus' script #1E. I've noticed that I need to execute the 'acc_usa_images' script FIRST in order to populate that directory with current info 'before' launching the conky that uses it. I'm referring to those Tod_ton, curr_cond files etc. If I don't do that first, conky uses the old data from last time. Is there a way of executing the acc_usa_images from my conky starter script so it can do it's thing before conky starts and begins pulling its data from those files?

simple starter script:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash

sleep 1
    conky -c /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/newconkyrc &

exit 0
    the acc_usa_images script:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash

#function: test_image_day
    test_image_day () {
        case $1 in
             su)
               echo 1su
             ;;
             msu)
               echo 2msu
             ;;
             psu)
               echo 3psu
             ;;
             ic)
               echo 4ic
             ;;
             h)
               echo 5h
             ;;
             mc)
               echo 6mc
             ;;
             c)
               echo 7c
             ;;
             d)
               echo 8d
             ;;
             f)
               echo 9f
             ;;
             s)
               echo 10s
             ;;
             mcs)
               echo 11mcs
             ;;
             psus)
               echo 12psus
             ;;
             t)
               echo 13t
             ;;
             mct)
               echo 14mct
             ;;
             psut)
               echo 15psut
             ;;
             r)
               echo 16r
             ;;
             fl)
               echo 17fl
             ;;
             mcfl)
               echo 18mcfl
             ;;
             psfl)
               echo 19psfl
             ;;
             sn)
               echo 20sn
             ;;
             mcsn)
               echo 21mcsn
             ;;
             i)
               echo 22i
             ;;
             sl)
               echo 23sl
             ;;
             fr)
               echo 24fr
             ;;
             rsn)
               echo 25rsn
             ;;
             w)
               echo 26w
             ;;
             ho)
               echo 27ho
             ;;
             co)
               echo 28co
             ;;
             cl)
               echo 29cl 
             ;;
             mcl)
               echo 31mcl
             ;;
             pc)
               echo 32pc 
             ;;
             pcs)
               echo 36pcs
             ;;
             pct)
               echo 38pct 
             ;;
            esac
    } 

#function: test_image_night
    test_image_night () {
        case $1 in
    		 su)
               echo 1su
             ;;
             msu)
               echo 2msu
             ;;
             psu)
               echo 3psu
             ;;
             c)
               echo 7c
             ;;
             d)
               echo 8d
             ;;
             f)
               echo 9f
             ;;
             s)
               echo 10s
             ;;
             psus)
               echo 12psus
             ;;
             t)
               echo 13t
             ;;
             psut)
               echo 15psut
             ;;
             r)
               echo 16r
             ;;
             fl)
               echo 17fl
             ;;
             psfl)
               echo 19psfl
             ;;
             sn)
               echo 20sn
             ;;
             i)
               echo 22i
             ;;
             sl)
               echo 23sl
             ;;
             fr)
               echo 24fr
             ;;
             rsn)
               echo 25rsn
             ;;
             ho)
               echo 27ho
             ;;
             co)
               echo 28co
             ;;
             cl)
               echo 29cl 
             ;;
             w)
               echo 30w
             ;;
             mcl)
               echo 31mcl
             ;;
             pc)
               echo 32pc 
             ;;
             ic)
               echo 33ic
             ;;
             h)
               echo 34h
             ;;
             mc)
               echo 35mc 
             ;;
             pcs)
               echo 36pcs
             ;;
             mcs)
               echo 37mcs 
             ;;
             pct)
               echo 38pct 
             ;;
             mct)
               echo 39mct 
             ;;
             mcfl)
               echo 40mcfl 
             ;;
             mcsn)
               echo 41mcsn 
             ;;
            esac
    }

#put your Accuweather address here
    address="http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/denver-co/80203/weather-forecast/347810?unit=f"
    #http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/midway-oh/43151/weather-forecast/2214620"

loc_id=$(echo $address|sed 's/\/weather-forecast.*$//'|sed 's/^.*\///')
    last_number=$(echo $address|sed 's/^.*\///')

kill -STOP $(pidof conky)
    killall wget

curr_addr="$(echo $address|sed 's/weather-forecast.*$//')"current-weather/"$loc_id"us?day=1
    wget -O /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond_raw "$curr_addr"

addr1="$(echo $address|sed 's/weather-forecast.*$//')"daily-weather-forecast/"$last_number"
    wget -O /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton_raw "$addr1"

addr2="$addr1"?day=6
    wget -O /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days_raw "$addr2"

if [[ -s /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond_raw ]]; then

#current conditions
    	sed -i '/detail-now/,/Moonrise/!d' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond_raw
    	egrep -i '"cond"|Humidity|Pressure|Cloud Cover|UV Index|Dew Point|Amount of Precipitation|Visibility|AM|PM|mph|icons-wind|detail-tab-panel|icon i-' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond_raw > /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond
    	sed -i -e 's/^.*icon i-//g' -e 's/^.*tab-panel //g' -e 's/^.*start">//g' -e 's/^.*finish">//g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond
    	sed -i 's/^.*<li>//g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond
    	sed -i -e 's/<strong>//g' -e 's/<\/strong>//g' -e 's/<\/li>//g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond
    	sed -i -e '1d' -e 's/^.*center;">//g' -e 's/^.*icons-wind\///g' -e 's/\.gif.*$//g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond
    	sed -i -e 's/^.*"cond">//g' -e 's/temp">/\n/g' -e 's/realfeel">/\n/g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond
    	sed -i -e 's/">.*$//g' -e 's/<\/span>.*$//g' -e 's/<span>.*$//g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond
    	sed -i -e 's/&deg;//g' -e 's/&nbsp;//g' -e 's/RealFeel&reg; //g' -e 's/<\/div>.*$//g' -e '15d' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond
    	sed -i -e 's/Humidity: //g' -e 's/Pressure: //g' -e 's/Cloud Cover: //g' -e 's/UV Index: //g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond
    	sed -i -e 's/Dew Point: //g' -e 's/Amount of Precipitation(1 Hr): //g' -e 's/Visibility: //g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond
    	sed -i 's/ i-alarm.*$//g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond
    	time=$(sed -n 1p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond)
    	image=$(sed -n 2p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond)
    	if [[ $time == day ]]; then
    	    sed -i 2s/$image/$(test_image_day $image)/ /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond
    	elif [[ $time == night ]]; then
    	    sed -i 2s/$image/$(test_image_night $image)/ /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond
    	fi
    	cp /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/Forecast_Images/$(sed -n 2p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond).png /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/cc.png

fi

if [[ -s /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton_raw ]]; then

#today - tonight - first 4 days
    	sed -i '/current first/,/<h4>Night<\/h4>/!d' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton_raw 
    	egrep -i 'h3|"cond"|temp|icon i-|RealFeel' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton_raw > /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton
    	sed -i -e 's/^.*"#">//' -e 's/<\/a>.*$//' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton
    	now=$(sed -n 1p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton)
    	if [[ $now == Tonight || $now == Overnight ]]; then
    		sed -i '1s/night/night\n/' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton
    	fi
    	sed -i -e 's/^.*icon i-//g' -e 's/^.*"cond">//g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton
    	sed -i -e '1,21s/^.*"temp">//g' -e 's/^.*"">//g' -e 's/Lo<\/span> /\n/' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton
    	sed -i -e '27s/<span>&deg;/\n/' -e 's/<\/a>.*$//g' -e 's/"><.*$//g' -e 's/<\/span><\/span> <span class="realfeel">RealFeel&reg; //g' -e 's/^[ ,\t]*//g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton
    	sed -i -e 's/^ *//g' -e '22s/<span>&deg;/\n/' -e 's/<span>.*$//g' -e 's/<\/span>.*"temp">/\n/' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton
    	sed -i -e 's/<\/span>.*$//g' -e 's/&deg;.*$//g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton
    	sed -i -e 's/Tomorrow/TOM./' -e 's/Monday/MON/' -e 's/Tuesday/TUES/' -e 's/Wednesday/WED/' -e 's/Thursday/THURS/' -e 's/Friday/FRI/' -e 's/Saturday/SAT/' -e 's/Sunday/SUN/' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton
    	sed -i 's/ i-alarm.*$//g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton
    	for (( i=7; i<=22; i+=5 ))
    	  do
    	      image_raw=$(sed -n "${i}"p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton)
    	      sed -i ${i}s/$image_raw/$(test_image_day $image_raw)/ /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton
    	      cp /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/Forecast_Images/$(sed -n ${i}p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton).png /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/$i.png
    	  done
    	image_raw=$(sed -n 26p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton)
    	sed -i 26s/$image_raw/$(test_image_day $image_raw)/ /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton
    	cp /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/Forecast_Images/$(sed -n 26p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton).png /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/today.png
    	image_raw=$(sed -n 30p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton)
    	sed -i 30s/$image_raw/$(test_image_night $image_raw)/ /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton
    	cp /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/Forecast_Images/$(sed -n 30p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton).png /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tonight.png

fi

if [[ -s /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days_raw ]]; then

#last days
    	sed -i '/day=6/,/<h4>Night<\/h4>/!d' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days_raw 
    	egrep -i 'h3|"cond"|temp|icon i-|RealFeel' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days_raw > /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days
    	sed -i -e 's/^.*icon i-//g' -e 's/^.*"cond">//g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days
    	sed -i -e '1,21s/^.*"temp">//g' -e 's/^.*"#">//g' -e 's/Lo<\/span> /\n/' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days
    	sed -i -e '27s/<span>&deg;/\n/' -e 's/<\/a>.*$//g' -e 's/"><.*$//g' -e 's/<\/span><\/span> <span class="realfeel">RealFeel&reg; //g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days
    	sed -i -e 's/^ *//g' -e '22s/<span>&deg;/\n/' -e 's/<span>.*$//g' -e 's/<\/span>.*"temp">/\n/' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days
    	sed -i -e 's/<\/span>.*$//g' -e 's/&deg;.*$//g' -e 's/^[ ,\t]*//g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days
    	sed -i -e 's/Monday/MON/' -e 's/Tuesday/TUES/' -e 's/Wednesday/WED/' -e 's/Thursday/THURS/' -e 's/Friday/FRI/' -e 's/Saturday/SAT/' -e 's/Sunday/SUN/' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days
    	sed -i 's/ i-alarm.*$//g' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days
    	for (( i=2; i<=22; i+=5 ))
    	  do
    	      image_raw=$(sed -n "${i}"p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days)
    	      sed -i ${i}s/$image_raw/$(test_image_day $image_raw)/ /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days
    	      cp /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/Forecast_Images/$(sed -n ${i}p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days).png /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/N$i.png
    	  done

fi

if [[ -s /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton_raw && -s /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days_raw ]]; then

#messages - messages_curr
    	sed -n 27p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton > /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages_curr
    	sed -n 31p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton >> /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages_curr
    	sed -n 8p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton > /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages_raw
    	sed -n 13p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton >> /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages_raw
    	sed -n 18p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton >> /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages_raw
    	sed -n 23p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton >> /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages_raw
    	sed -n 3p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days >> /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages_raw
    	sed -n 8p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days >> /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages_raw
    	sed -n 13p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days >> /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages_raw
    	sed -n 18p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days >> /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages_raw
    	sed -n 23p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/last_days >> /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages_raw
    	for (( i=1; i<=4; i++))
    		do
    			no=$(sed -n ${i}p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages_curr|wc -c)
    			if (( no<=31 )); then
    				sed -i $i"s/$/\n/" /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages_curr
    				i=$((i+1))
    			elif (( no>31 )); then
    				sed -i $i"s/^\(.\{31\}\)/\1\n/" /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages_curr
    				i=$((i+1))
    			fi
    		done
    	cat /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages_raw| cut -c -40 > /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages
    	for (( i=1; i<=18; i++))
    		do
    			no=$(sed -n ${i}p /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages|wc -c)
    			if (( no<=21 )); then
    				sed -i $i"s/$/\n/" /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages
    				i=$((i+1))
    			elif (( no>21 )); then
    				sed -i $i"s/^\(.\{21\}\)/\1\n/" /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/messages
    				i=$((i+1))
    			fi
    		done

fi

kill -CONT $(pidof conky)
    and the conky:
    Code:
    ####
    ## Use XFT? Required to Force UTF8 (see below).
    #
    use_xft yes
    xftfont LiberationSans:size=8.85
    xftalpha 0.7
    text_buffer_size 2048

####
    ## Force UTF8? Requires XFT (see above).
    ## Displays degree symbol, instead of °, etc.
    #
    override_utf8_locale yes

####
    ## Update interval in seconds.
    #
    update_interval 2
    #music_player_interval 1
    ####
    ## This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
    ## Set to zero to run forever.
    #
    total_run_times 0

####
    ## Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)?
    #
    own_window yes
    own_window_transparent no
    own_window_type override
    #own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    #own_window_title conky

####
    ## Use double buffering? Reduces flicker.
    #
    double_buffer yes

####
    ## Draw shades?
    #
    draw_shades yes
    default_shade_color 292421
    draw_outline no
    draw_graph_borders no

####
    ## Draw outlines?
    #
    draw_outline no

####
    ## Draw borders around text?
    #
    draw_borders no

####
    ## Print text to stdout?
    ## Print text in console?
    #
    out_to_ncurses no
    out_to_console no

####
    ## Text alignment.
    #
    alignment top_right

####
    ## Minimum size of text area.
    #
    maximum_width 246

####
    ## Gap between text and screen borders.
    #
    gap_x 0
    gap_y 24

####
    ## Shorten MiB/GiB to M/G in stats.
    #
    short_units yes

####
    ## Pad % symbol spacing after numbers.
    #
    pad_percents 0

####
    ## Pad spacing between text and borders.
    #
    border_inner_margin 4

####
    ## Limit the length of names in "Top Processes".
    #
    top_name_width 10

####
    ## Subtract file system -/+buffers/cache from used memory?
    ## Set to yes, to produce meaningful physical memory stats.
    #
    no_buffers yes

####
    ## Set to yes, if you want all text to be in UPPERCASE.
    #
    uppercase no

####
    ## Number of cpu samples to average.
    ## Set to 1 to disable averaging.
    #
    cpu_avg_samples 2

####
    ## Number of net samples to average.
    ## Set to 1 to disable averaging.
    #
    net_avg_samples 2

####
    ## My colors (suit yourself)
    #
    color0 White            #FFFFFF
    color1 Ivory            #FFFFF0
    color2 Ivory2           #EEEEE0
    color3 Ivory3           #CDCDC1
    color4 Tan1             #FFA54F
    color5 Tan2             #EE9A49
    color6 Gray             #7E7E7E
    color7 AntiqueWhite4    #8B8378
    color8 DimGray          #696969
    color9 Tomato           #FF6347

####
    ## Load Lua for shading (optional).
    ## Set the path to your script here.
    #

lua_load /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/bargraph_small.lua
    lua_draw_hook_post main_bars

lua_load /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Radar/radartest.lua
    lua_draw_hook_pre radar

TEXT
    ####     LOGO     ####
    ${voffset -33}${font OpenLogos:size=100}${color0}v${voffset -67}${font Arial:bold:size=18}${color5}${pre_exec cat /etc/*release | grep 'RELEASE' | awk -F'=' '{print $2}'}${font}
    ####     TIME     ####
    ${voffset 20}${font Arial:bold:size=8.75}${color4}TIME&DATE${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 1}${if_match ${time %l}<=9}${voffset -4}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${alignc 7}${time %l:%M%p}${font}${else}${if_match ${time %l}>=10}${voffset -4}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${alignc -1}${time %l:%M%p}${font}${endif}${endif}
    ####   CALENDAR   ####
    ${voffset 18}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color1}${alignc 75}${time %A}${font}
    ${voffset -3}${if_match ${time %e}<=9}${font LiberationMono:size=22}${color4}${alignc 83}${time %e}${font}${else}${if_match ${time %e}>=10}${font LiberationMono:size=22}${color9}${alignc 75}${time %e}${font}${endif}${endif}
    ${voffset -1}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color1}${alignc 75}${time %B}${font}
    ${voffset -3}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color1}${alignc 73}${time %Y}${font}
    ${voffset -80}${font LiberationMono:size=9}${color1}${execpi 60 VinDSL_Cal_5=`date +%-d`; cal | sed '1d' | sed s/^/"\$\{offset 90"\}/ | sed '/^ *$/d' | sed 's/\<'"$VinDSL_Cal_5"'\>/${color9}&${color3}/'}${font}
    ${voffset -100}${font CutOutsFor3DFX:size=64}${color8}${alignc 110}2${font}
    ####    SYSTEM    ####
    ${voffset 18}${font Arial:bold:size=8.75}${color4}SYSTEM${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font OpenLogos:size=10}${color2}u${voffset -4}${font}${color1}${offset 5}${sysname}${offset 5}${kernel}${alignr}${machine}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}q${voffset -1}${font}${color1}${offset 5}Uptime${alignr}${uptime}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}o${voffset -1}${font}${color1}${offset 5}File${offset 3}System${alignr}${fs_type}
    ####  PROCESSORS  ####
    ${voffset 4}${font Arial:bold:size=8.75}${color4}PROCESSORS${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=14}${color2}A${voffset -7}${font}${color1}${offset 5}AMD${offset 3}Athlon64 ${cpu cpu1}%${alignr}${freq_g cpu0}${offset 1}GHz
    ${voffset 8}${goto 10}${font Weather:size=16}${color0}y ${font}${voffset -7}${goto 25}CPU Temp:${hwmon temp 1}ºC
    ####    MEMORY    ####
    ${voffset 6}${font Arial:bold:size=8.75}${color4}MEMORY${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=14}${color2}k${voffset -6}${font}${color1}${offset 3}RAM${goto 97}${mem}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${memmax}${alignr}${memperc}%
    ####     HDD      ####
    ${voffset 6}${font Arial:bold:size=8.75}${color4}HDD${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=14}${color2}x${voffset -6}${font}${color1}${offset 4}LINUX${goto 95}${fs_used /}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /}${alignr}${fs_used_perc /}%

${voffset 1}${font StyleBats:size=14}${color2}x${voffset -6}${font}${color1}${offset 4}WinXP${goto 95}${fs_used /media/1CB8948DB89466D4}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /media/1CB8948DB89466D4}${alignr}${fs_used_perc /media/1CB8948DB89466D4}%

${voffset 1}${font StyleBats:size=14}${color2}x${voffset -6}${font}${color1}${offset 4}NetDisk${goto 95}${fs_used /media/NetDisk}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /media/NetDisk}${alignr}${fs_used_perc /media/NetDisk}%

${voffset 1}${font StyleBats:size=14}${color2}x${voffset -6}${font}${color1}${offset 4}NewVolume${goto 95}${fs_used /media/NewVolume}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /media/NewVolume}${alignr}${fs_used_perc /media/NewVolume}%

#### TOP PROCESSES ####
    ${voffset 1}${font Arial:bold:size=8.75}${color4}TOP PROCESSES${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color1}${offset 5}${top_mem name 1}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 1}${alignr}${top_mem mem 1}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color1}${offset 5}${top_mem name 2}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 2}${alignr}${top_mem mem 2}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color1}${offset 5}${top_mem name 3}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 3}${alignr}${top_mem mem 3}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color1}${offset 5}${top_mem name 4}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 4}${alignr}${top_mem mem 4}%
    ####   NETWORK    ####
    ${voffset 4}${font Arial:bold:size=8.75}${color4}NETWORK${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 6}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=14}${color1}T${font}${color1}${offset 5}${voffset -7}Down${goto 115}${downspeed eth0}
    ${font}${goto 25}${color1}${voffset -2}${offset 5}Downloaded${goto 115}${totaldown eth0}${voffset -15}${downspeedgraph eth0 20,100 ff0000 0000ff}
    ${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=14}${color1}N${font}${color1}${voffset -6}${offset 5}Up${goto 115}${upspeed eth0}
    ${font}${color1}${goto 25}${voffset -2}${offset 5}Uploaded${goto 115}${totalup eth0}${voffset -15}${upspeedgraph eth0 20,100 0000ff ff0000}
    ####   WEATHER    ####
    ${font Arial:bold:size=8.75}${color FFA54F}WEATHER${offset 8}${color 696969}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}

${voffset -15}$color${font Arial:size=10}${execpi 600 sed -n '3p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond}${font}
    ${goto 145}${color FFA54F}TEMP:$color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '4p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond}°F 
    ${goto 145}${color FFA54F}WIND:$color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '6p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond} ${execpi 600 sed -n '14p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond}
    ${goto 145}${color FFA54F}HUM:$color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '7p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond}
    ${goto 145}${color FFA54F}PRESS:$color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '8p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond}
    ${goto 145}${color FFA54F}CLOUD CVR:$color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '9p' /home/davejr/.conky/Weather/Accuweather/curr_cond}
    ${goto 145}${color FFA54F}UV INDEX:$color${alignr 10}${execpi 600 sed -n '10p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond}
    ${goto 145}${color FFA54F}DEW PNT:$color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '11p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond}
    ${goto 145}${color FFA54F}VISIB.:$color${alignr}${execpi 600 sed -n '13p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond}

${voffset 13}${goto 20}${color FFA54F}SUNRISE:$color${goto 80}${execpi 600 sed -n '15p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond}${goto 140}${color FFA54F}SUNSET:$color${goto 195}${execpi 600 sed -n '16p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/curr_cond}
    ${color 696969}${hr 1}
    ${font Arial:size=9}${goto 18}${color FFA54F}${execpi 600 sed -n '6p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton}${goto 83}${execpi 600 sed -n '11p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton}${goto 143}${execpi 600 sed -n '16p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton}$color${goto 208}${font Arial:size=9}${color FFA54F}${execpi 600 sed -n '21p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton}$color

${voffset 5}${font Arial:size=8}${goto 15}H:${execpi 600 sed -n '9p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton}°F${goto 82}H:${execpi 600 sed -n '14p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton}°F${goto 143}H:${execpi 600 sed -n '19p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton}°F${font Arial:size=8}${goto 207}H:${execpi 600 sed -n '24p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton}°F
    ${font Arial:size=8}${goto 15}L:${execpi 600 sed -n '10p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton}°F${goto 82}L:${execpi 600 sed -n '15p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton}°F${goto 143}L:${execpi 600 sed -n '20p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton}°F${font Arial:size=8}${goto 207}L:${execpi 600 sed -n '25p' /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/tod_ton}°F

#${image /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/cc.png -p 15,650 -s 100x100}
    ${image /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/7.png -p 5,815 -s 40x40}
    ${image /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/12.png -p 72,815 -s 40x40}
    ${image /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/17.png -p 133,815 -s 40x40}
    ${image /home/davejr/.conky/MyConkyLatest/Accuweather/22.png -p 197,815 -s 40x40}

Beans

It runs in your Conky script so that it also runs again at certain intervals to keep the data updated. Executing it beforehand will, indeed, populate the text files with the data, but without its presence in the active Conky script, it won't update until the next time you run Conky.

Basically, it's run in Conky because Conky is constantly updating itself, and that lets you pull down new weather data as required.

If you're using any of the recent versions, this is already the optimal way of doing it.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by davesbrain View Post
    I've noticed that I need to execute the 'acc_usa_images' script FIRST in order to populate that directory with current info 'before' launching the conky that uses it.}
    Maybe I missed it, but I don't see where you are calling the script in your conky. For example, in mine it was:

Code:
    ${texeci 500 bash /home/dale/Accuweather_Conky_USA_Images/acc_usa_images}
    I had that at the end of the very first line after "TEXT" in my rc. That way it always populated those files with the new information when I started conky, and refreshed the information every 500 seconds.

Beans

Thank you stylintile. I think that just might be it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Network stats: eth0 OR wlan0 or nothing

I am using a variation of VinDSL's conky script.

I am trying to modify the Network scripting to give me usable stats-- since I am using a laptop, I often am running on wifi only (though there are occasions when I use both).

Anyway, here is the latest attempt at a script, which didn't work out well.

Code:
    {if_up eth0}${totaldown eth0}${else}${totaldown wlan0}${endif}${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${if_up eth0}${downspeed eth0}${else}${downspeed wlan0}${endif}${font}${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}N${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Upload${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${if_up eth0}${totalup eth0}${else}${totalup wlan0}${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${if_up eth0}${upspeed eth0}${else}${upspeed wlan0}${font}$
    So, what am I doing wrong?

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Network stats: eth0 OR wlan0 or nothing

It depends what means "didn't work well" for you.

But I suspect, that "if_up_strictness link" (before "TEXT" part) should help tremendously, since wlan0 could be "powered up" but not working/disconnected (as eth0 to).

Second thought is that eth0 being down don't necessary means wlan0 is up - it's not mandatory.
    So, maybe little more "if's" in that mater?
    like:
    Code:
    ${if_up eth0}${totaldown eth0}${else}${if_up wlan0}${totaldown wlan0}${else}disconnected${endif}${endif}
    Last edited by dk75; June 28th, 2012 at 07:09 PM.
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

Page 2011 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1011151119111961200120092010201120122013202120612111 ... LastLast