Page 2005 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 1005150519051955199520032004200520062007201520552105 ... LastLast
Results 20,041 to 20,050 of 23120

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

  1. #20041
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Opelika, AL
    Beans
    998
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadius View Post
    I wonder how come it didn't install v1.9.0(precise-backports) from the Ubuntu Software Center. I wonder if it has to do anything with it being a "dummy package" or "transitional package".
    It's because the backports repository is not enabled by default.
    -o)
    /\\
    _\_V
    Message void if penguin is violated...Don't mess with the penguin.

  2. #20042
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    1,076
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by spcwingo View Post
    It's because the backports repository is not enabled by default.
    Ohhh I see! That makes sense! How do you enable it?
    Question Everything

  3. #20043
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Opelika, AL
    Beans
    998
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadius View Post
    Ohhh I see! That makes sense! How do you enable it?
    Please post the output of this command:

    Code:
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    -o)
    /\\
    _\_V
    Message void if penguin is violated...Don't mess with the penguin.

  4. #20044
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    1,076
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by spcwingo View Post
    Please post the output of this command:

    Code:
    cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    Code:
    shadius@shadius-5410US:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    # deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 11.10 _Oneiric Ocelot_ - Release i386 (20111012)]/ oneiric main restricted
    
    # See http://help.ubuntu.com/community/UpgradeNotes for how to upgrade to
    # newer versions of the distribution.
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise main restricted
    deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise main restricted
    
    ## Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the
    ## distribution.
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates main restricted
    deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates main restricted
    
    ## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
    ## team. Also, please note that software in universe WILL NOT receive any
    ## review or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise universe
    deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise universe
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates universe
    deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates universe
    
    ## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu 
    ## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to 
    ## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in 
    ## multiverse WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu
    ## security team.
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise multiverse
    deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise multiverse
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates multiverse
    deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates multiverse
    
    ## N.B. software from this repository may not have been tested as
    ## extensively as that contained in the main release, although it includes
    ## newer versions of some applications which may provide useful features.
    ## Also, please note that software in backports WILL NOT receive any review
    ## or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-backports main restricted universe multiverse
    deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-backports main restricted universe multiverse
    
    deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-security main restricted
    deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-security main restricted
    deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-security universe
    deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-security universe
    deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-security multiverse
    deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-security multiverse
    
    ## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from Canonical's
    ## 'partner' repository.
    ## This software is not part of Ubuntu, but is offered by Canonical and the
    ## respective vendors as a service to Ubuntu users.
    # deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu oneiric partner
    # deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu oneiric partner
    
    ## This software is not part of Ubuntu, but is offered by third-party
    ## developers who want to ship their latest software.
    deb http://extras.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise main
    deb-src http://extras.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise main
    shadius@shadius-5410US:~$
    What exactly am I looking at here? Kinda lost.
    Question Everything

  5. #20045
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Opelika, AL
    Beans
    998
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadius View Post
    Code:
    shadius@shadius-5410US:~$ cat /etc/apt/sources.list
    # deb cdrom:[Ubuntu 11.10 _Oneiric Ocelot_ - Release i386 (20111012)]/ oneiric main restricted
    
    # See http://help.ubuntu.com/community/UpgradeNotes for how to upgrade to
    # newer versions of the distribution.
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise main restricted
    deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise main restricted
    
    ## Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the
    ## distribution.
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates main restricted
    deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates main restricted
    
    ## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
    ## team. Also, please note that software in universe WILL NOT receive any
    ## review or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise universe
    deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise universe
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates universe
    deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates universe
    
    ## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu 
    ## team, and may not be under a free licence. Please satisfy yourself as to 
    ## your rights to use the software. Also, please note that software in 
    ## multiverse WILL NOT receive any review or updates from the Ubuntu
    ## security team.
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise multiverse
    deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise multiverse
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates multiverse
    deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates multiverse
    
    ## N.B. software from this repository may not have been tested as
    ## extensively as that contained in the main release, although it includes
    ## newer versions of some applications which may provide useful features.
    ## Also, please note that software in backports WILL NOT receive any review
    ## or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-backports main restricted universe multiverse
    deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-backports main restricted universe multiverse
    
    deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-security main restricted
    deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-security main restricted
    deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-security universe
    deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-security universe
    deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-security multiverse
    deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise-security multiverse
    
    ## Uncomment the following two lines to add software from Canonical's
    ## 'partner' repository.
    ## This software is not part of Ubuntu, but is offered by Canonical and the
    ## respective vendors as a service to Ubuntu users.
    # deb http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu oneiric partner
    # deb-src http://archive.canonical.com/ubuntu oneiric partner
    
    ## This software is not part of Ubuntu, but is offered by third-party
    ## developers who want to ship their latest software.
    deb http://extras.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise main
    deb-src http://extras.ubuntu.com/ubuntu precise main
    shadius@shadius-5410US:~$
    What exactly am I looking at here? Kinda lost.
    This is the file that tells the software center where to get the packages.

    It looks like the backports repo is enabled because of these lines:

    Code:
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-backports main restricted universe multiverse
    deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-backports main restricted universe multiverse
    So, I don't know exactly why it installed the older version.
    -o)
    /\\
    _\_V
    Message void if penguin is violated...Don't mess with the penguin.

  6. #20046
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    1,076
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by spcwingo View Post
    This is the file that tells the software center where to get the packages.

    It looks like the backports repo is enabled because of these lines:

    Code:
    deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-backports main restricted universe multiverse
    deb-src http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-backports main restricted universe multiverse
    So, I don't know exactly why it installed the older version.
    I also checked the Software Sources in Ubuntu Software Center under the Updates tab, and the box for Unsupported Updates (precise-backports) is checked. Now I'm really at a loss as to why it didn't install v1.9.0(precise-backports).
    Question Everything

  7. #20047
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    195

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadius View Post
    I also checked the Software Sources in Ubuntu Software Center under the Updates tab, and the box for Unsupported Updates (precise-backports) is checked. Now I'm really at a loss as to why it didn't install v1.9.0(precise-backports).
    Because the ACTUAL 1.9.0-2 package isn't IN the backports yet. It didn't activate because the "Transitional Package" isn't the version, it's just a way to not have 1.8.1-6 installed. And, as many things are in Ubuntu, it is a bad thing to do on behalf of the contributors for Ubuntu. 12.04 has all sorts of mistakes in it. Best to go around them rather than wait for them to fix the problems.

    The vincent PPA gets around Ubuntu. It's an alternate source. Once installed, it doesn't matter what Ubuntu said, did, or offered you. A proper source for Conky is installed, no dummy packages, transitions, or coding mis-steps. Problem solved.

  8. #20048
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    1,076
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    Because the ACTUAL 1.9.0-2 package isn't IN the backports yet. It didn't activate because the "Transitional Package" isn't the version, it's just a way to not have 1.8.1-6 installed. And, as many things are in Ubuntu, it is a bad thing to do on behalf of the contributors for Ubuntu. 12.04 has all sorts of mistakes in it. Best to go around them rather than wait for them to fix the problems.

    The vincent PPA gets around Ubuntu. It's an alternate source. Once installed, it doesn't matter what Ubuntu said, did, or offered you. A proper source for Conky is installed, no dummy packages, transitions, or coding mis-steps. Problem solved.
    Indeed, problem solved. Thank you for that method.
    Question Everything

  9. #20049
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    1,076
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Talking Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Well, like the title of the thread says, here's my .conkyrc and screenshot! Still a work in progress. I've got lots to learn! Tips are welcome! I was wondering if it's possible to have both Fahrenheit and Celsius units?

    Code:
    # Conky settings #
    background no
    update_interval 1
    
    cpu_avg_samples 2
    net_avg_samples 2
    
    override_utf8_locale yes
    
    double_buffer yes
    no_buffers yes
    
    text_buffer_size 2048
    #imlib_cache_size 0
    
    temperature_unit fahrenheit
    
    # Window specifications #
    
    own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorate,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager,below
    
    border_inner_margin 0
    border_outer_margin 0
    
    minimum_size 200 250
    maximum_width 200
    
    alignment tr
    gap_x 35
    gap_y 55
    
    # Graphics settings #
    draw_shades no
    draw_outline no
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders no
    
    # Text settings #
    use_xft yes
    xftfont caviar dreams:size=8
    xftalpha 0.5
    
    uppercase no
    
    temperature_unit fahrenheit
    
    
    default_color FFFFFF
    
    # Lua Load  #
    lua_load ~/.lua/scripts/clock_rings.lua
    lua_draw_hook_pre clock_rings
    
    TEXT
    ${voffset 8}${color FF6600}${font caviar dreams:size=16}${time %A}${font}${voffset -8}${alignr 50}${color FFFFFF}${font caviar dreams:size=38}${time %e}${font}
    ${color FFFFFF}${voffset -30}${color FFFFFF}${font caviar dreams:size=18}${time %b}${font}${voffset -3} ${color FFFFFF}${font caviar dreams:size=20}${time %Y}${font}${color FF6600}${hr}
    ${voffset 140}${font caviar dreams:size=10}${alignr}HOME${font}
    ${font caviar dreams:size=12}${color FFFFFF}${alignr}${weather http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/observations/metar/stations/ LQBK temperature temperature 30} °F${font}
    ${image ~/.conky/new-ubuntu-logo.png -p 64,125 -s 70x20}
    
    ${color FFFFFF}${goto 25}${voffset 35}${cpu cpu0}%
    ${color FF6600}${goto 25}CPU
    ${color FFFFFF}${goto 50}${voffset 23}${memperc}%
    ${color FF6600}${goto 50}RAM
    ${color FFFFFF}${goto 75}${voffset 23}${swapperc}%
    ${color FF6600}${goto 75}Swap
    ${color FFFFFF}${goto 100}${voffset 23}${fs_used_perc /}%
    ${color FF6600}${goto 100}Disk
    ${color FFFFFF}${goto 125}${voffset 25}${downspeed eth0}
    ${color FFFFFF}${goto 125}${upspeed eth0}
    ${color FF6600}${goto 125}Net
    
    
    
    ${color FFFFFF}${font caviar dreams:size=8}Uptime: ${uptime_short}
    ${color FFFFFF}${font caviar dreams:size=8}Processes: ${processes}
    ${color FFFFFF}${font caviar dreams:size=8}Running: ${running_processes}
    
    
    ${color FF6600}${font caviar dreams:size=8}${alignr}${nodename}
    ${color FF6600}${font caviar dreams:size=8}${alignr}${pre_exec cat /etc/issue.net}  $machine
    ${color FF6600}${font caviar dreams:size=8}${alignr}Kernel: ${kernel}
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shadius; June 11th, 2012 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Screenshot
    Question Everything

  10. #20050
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    UK
    Beans
    1,220
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    I've managed to create the following conky on my Desktop (attached) - but as you can see the bar graphs are too high. My guess is I've got to edit the /.conky/bargraph_small.lua file - I was hoping to find some settings for the vertical height (something like ${voffset 4})? Is there a setting in /.conky/bargraph_small.lua that will lower all the graphs? I have 4 cpus so I need to add cpu2 and cpu3 so not only do I need to lower all the graphs but to increase the gap between the processor bars and the HDD bars. Any advice appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2005 of 2312 FirstFirst ... 1005150519051955199520032004200520062007201520552105 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •