Page 2003 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1003150319031953199320012002200320042005201320532103 ... LastLast
Results 20,021 to 20,030 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by littleport2003 View Post
    Hi guys, here's my current conky, nothing special, but I'm hoping you might be able to help me out with a little problem I'm having.

I'm using a simple script to start both my conky config when I log in which seems to be working fine, both conky start up ok. But for some unknown reason my second conky closes randomly, sometime's it seems to work for hours, sometimes it disappears after just a few minutes, while the first one continues to work fine

Edit- second question: even with "uppercase no" both my conkys are in all caps, any ideas how to change that?
    I'm going to make one suggestion before continuing:

copy your conkys to ~/conky so you don't need root privileges to edit them, and start them:

dual_conky.sh
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash

sleep 2 &&
    conky -d -c ~/conky/conky.conf &
    sleep 2 &&
    conky -d -c ~/conky/conky_2.conf &
    exit
    Hoping that fixes your upper case question as well
    If that doesn't fix things come back.

Question: what city is that in your screenshot?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by djyoung4 View Post
    just gotta do the whole s11vnstat now.

I miss that too. Never could figure out how to get it working again
    O and congrats conkiers on 20000 posts
    Nope, More like a dk75 vnstats.conky now.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    Question: what city is that in your screenshot?
    It took a bit of research, but I've worked out it's Chicago

I'll try your conky suggestions and report back

Beans
    Hidden!

It took a bit of research, but I've worked out it's Chicago

I'll try your conky suggestions and report back
    OK another thing ... you have dual monitors don't you....

I have your conky codes here.
    one:
    Code:
    alignment top_left
    gap_x 8
    gap_y 5
    two:
    Code:
    alignment top_right
    gap_x 1925
    gap_y 5
    try two:
    Code:
    alignment top_middle
    gap_x 0
    gap_y 5
    Works om my tiny little 17" monitor

Chicago - Thank you.

Beans

@Sector11, I've moved my conky files as you suggested, I still need root privileges to edit them though I'm using Lubuntu if that makes a difference?

The random closing issue still continues though, as does the all caps.

Thanks for the suggestion with the alignment, I did what you suggested and it worked well

Beans
    Hidden!

@Sector11, I've moved my conky files as you suggested, I still need root privileges to edit them though I'm using Lubuntu if that makes a difference?

The random closing issue still continues though, as does the all caps.

Thanks for the suggestion with the alignment, I did what you suggested and it worked well
    Well, you need to change the permissions to your account.

Linux file permissions - 1.0

or cheat: use pcmanfm (in the repos) - start it with sudo - right click on the files > permissions > change root to your user name.
    Last edited by Sector11; June 6th, 2012 at 01:45 AM.

Beans

@dk75, I settled with this:

Code:
    #-----Monthly/Daily Bandwidth Usage
    ${font}${color2}NETWORK DATA USE${color6}${hr 1}${color2}
    ${goto 35}${color2}Today${goto 125}Monthly 
    ${color2}${goto 15}U:${goto 30}${color1}${font TransponderAOE:bold:size=12}${execi 60 vnstat -d | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date +%D)'" {print $5}'}${goto 85}${execi 60 vnstat -d | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date +%D)'" {print $6}'}${goto 120}${if_match ${time %e}>=11}${execi 60 vnstat -m | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date +%b..%y)'" {print $6}'}${goto 175}${execi 60 vnstat -m | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date +%b..%y)'" {print $7}'}${else}${execi 60 vnstat -m | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date --date="last month" +%b..%y)'" {print $6}'}${goto 175}${execi 60 vnstat -m | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date --date="last month" +%b..%y)'" {print $7}'}${endif}${color2}${font}
    ${color2}${goto 15}D:${goto 30}${color4}${font TransponderAOE:bold:size=12}${execi 60 vnstat -d | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date +%D)'" {print $2}'}${goto 85}${execi 60 vnstat -d | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date +%D)'" {print $3}'}${goto 120}${if_match ${time %e}>=11}${execi 60 vnstat -m | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date +%b..%y)'" {print $3}'}${goto 175}${execi 60 vnstat -m | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date +%b..%y)'" {print $4}'}${else}${execi 60 vnstat -m | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date --date="last month" +%b..%y)'" {print $3}'}${goto 175}${execi 60 vnstat -m | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date --date="last month" +%b..%y)'" {print $4}'}${endif}${color2}${font}
    ${color2}${goto 15}T:${goto 30}${color5}${font TransponderAOE:bold:size=12}${execi 60 vnstat -d | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date +%D)'" {print $8}'}${goto 85}${execi 60 vnstat -d | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date +%D)'" {print $9}'}${goto 120}${if_match ${time %e}>=11}${execi 60 vnstat -m | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date +%b..%y)'" {print $9}'}${goto 175}${execi 60 vnstat -m | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date +%b..%y)'" {print $10}'}${else}${execi 60 vnstat -m | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date --date="last month" +%b..%y)'" {print $9}'}${goto 175}${execi 60 vnstat -m | awk '$0 ~ "'$(date --date="last month" +%b..%y)'" {print $10}'}${endif}${color2}${font}
    Something that, for now, my brain wraps around. I DID save your solution, all of them. I will wrap my head around them eventually and do a proper update. For now, Conky does the deciding. Until I have reason to become an AWK expert myself, a more... blunt... method does me just fine.

I'll let you know how it works once the 11th/12th roll around and there's actually some data to be read, and there's an actual value for the if statement to check against.

Now, to try to de-scramble my marbles before I hurt myself

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Does some one knows if the wifi signal meter for 12.04 unity
    working with
    Code:
    wireless_link_qual
    In mine conky shows o%
    if you are in hurry you go slow

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

A simple (well, relatively!) layout for Conky. I've wound back on the scripts for this one, just using the basic Conky weather functions. APT updates are shown when available, and hidden when not. Time remaining is shown in the battery bar when charging/discharging.

Ready to install from the tarball (http://fav.me/d52xc4e), see README file for details.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Hey guys,

I've recently discovered Conky and I love how it looks! I want to try to install it, but I'm a bit confused. In the Ubuntu Software Center, it says "Highly configurable system monitor (transitional package)" and it gives versions v1.8.1(default) and v1.9.0(precise-backports). It also says "This is a dummy package to ease transition to the new packaging scheme. It may be removed after upgrade/installation." What does that mean? What new packaging scheme? Dummy package? Which version do I install to my Ubuntu 12.04?

Help a soon to be Conky user out! I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this.
    Question Everything

Page 2003 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1003150319031953199320012002200320042005201320532103 ... LastLast