Page 1994 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 994149418941944198419921993199419951996200420442094 ... LastLast
Results 19,931 to 19,940 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    I get the same thing, Here is the output of sensors:
    Code:
    cavsfan@cavsfan-MS-7529:~$ sensors
    coretemp-isa-0000
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    Core 0:       +40.0°C  (high = +76.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
    Core 1:       +40.0°C  (high = +76.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
    Core 2:       +39.0°C  (high = +76.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)
    Core 3:       +39.0°C  (high = +76.0°C, crit = +100.0°C)

f71882fg-isa-0a00
    Adapter: ISA adapter
    +3.3V:        +3.36 V  
    in1:          +1.12 V  (max =  +2.04 V)
    in2:          +0.92 V  
    in3:          +0.76 V  
    in4:          +0.98 V  
    in5:          +1.11 V  
    in6:          +0.91 V  
    3VSB:         +3.36 V  
    Vbat:         +3.31 V  
    fan1:        2400 RPM
    fan2:        2255 RPM
    fan3:        2793 RPM
    fan4:           0 RPM  ALARM
    temp1:        +32.0°C  (high = +85.0°C, hyst = +81.0°C)
                           (crit = +100.0°C, hyst = +96.0°C)  sensor = transistor
    temp2:        +35.0°C  (high = +85.0°C, hyst = +81.0°C)
                           (crit = +95.0°C, hyst = +91.0°C)  sensor = thermistor
    temp3:        +32.0°C  (high = +70.0°C, hyst = +68.0°C)
                           (crit = +85.0°C, hyst = +83.0°C)  sensor = transistor
    I've looked in /sys/bus/platform/devices/ and there is only coretemp.0 just as before.
    I looked in /sys/class/hwmon/ and all there is is 2 folders hwmon0 and hwmon1.
    There is a lot of stuff in those 2 folders but, I don't know what to do with them.
    I also do not get how these files equate to this in conky:
    Code:
    CPU Core 1 Temp: $alignr${platform coretemp.0 temp 1}°F
    CPU Core 2 Temp: $alignr${platform coretemp.1 temp 1}°F
    CPU Core 3 Temp: $alignr${platform coretemp.2 temp 1}°F
    CPU Core 4 Temp: $alignr${platform coretemp.3 temp 1}°F
    If I could understand how it gets the temp from the file maybe I would be able to figure this out.
    I'll save you some time here, again. Ignore the "Platform" calls. See the Sensors output? Replace the ${platform etc.} calls with this:

Code:
    CPU Core 1 Temp: $alignr${execi 600 sensors -f | grep 'Core 0' | awk '{print $3}'}
    CPU Core 2 Temp: $alignr${execi 600 sensors -f | grep 'Core 1' | awk '{print $3}'}
    CPU Core 3 Temp: $alignr${execi 600 sensors -f | grep 'Core 2' | awk '{print $3}'}
    CPU Core 4 Temp: $alignr${execi 600 sensors -f | grep 'Core 3' | awk '{print $3}'}
    I'll explain what I just did later, and I know it's in Celsius, but you see the little -f there? That switches the output to Fahrenheit when you make these particular calls. If it's not outputting the temperatures with the F next to them, we'll just have to modify the awk section a little to get it to fit.

Luckily the 4 core temps are the only thing that is missing.
    Thankfully the wallpaper from my login isn't bleeding through to my desktop but, I have just left the wallpaper default for now.
    Here is what it looks like:

Oh and here is the entire conky:
    Code:
    alignment top_right
    background no
    border_width 0
    cpu_avg_samples 2
    default_color white
    default_outline_color black
    default_shade_color black
    double_buffer yes
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders yes
    draw_outline no
    draw_shades yes
    use_xft yes
    xftfont terminus:size=10
    gap_x 10
    gap_y 50
    #maximum_width 320
    maximum_width 400
    minimum_size 300 100
    net_avg_samples 2
    no_buffers yes
    out_to_console no
    out_to_stderr no
    extra_newline no
    own_window yes
    own_window_class Conky
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type override
    stippled_borders 0
    update_interval 1.0
    uppercase no
    use_spacer none
    show_graph_scale no
    show_graph_range no
    text_buffer_size 5120
    temperature_unit        fahrenheit
    TEXT
    ${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}SYSTEM $hr
    ${font}$sysname $kernel $alignr $machine
    #Host: $alignr $nodename
    CPU Core 1 Temp: $alignr${platform coretemp.0 temp 1}°F
    CPU Core 2 Temp: $alignr${platform coretemp.1 temp 1}°F
    CPU Core 3 Temp: $alignr${platform coretemp.2 temp 1}°F
    CPU Core 4 Temp: $alignr${platform coretemp.3 temp 1}°F
    ${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}nVidia GPU $hr
    ${font Terminus:size=10}GPU Temperature   : $alignr$color${execi 10 nvidia-settings -q GPUCoreTemp | awk '{if (NR==2) {print ($4*9)/5+32}}'} °F
    #CPU Fan Speed $alignr${hwmon 1 fan 1} RPM
    #${font Terminus:size=10}GPU Fan Speed       :  $alignr$color${execi 10 nvidia-smi -a | grep Fan} %
    #${font Terminus:size=10}GPU Fan Speed       : $alignr$color${execi 10 nvidia-settings -q GPUCoreTemp} %
    ${font Terminus:size=10}GPU Driver Version : $alignr$color${execi 10 nvidia-settings -t -q NvidiaDriverVersion}
    #${color}GPU Mem: $alignr${color} ${execpi 10 nvidia-settings -q VideoRam | grep  "Attr" | cut -c38-43}Bytes

${color white}${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}PROCESSORS $hr
    ${font Terminus:size=10}CPU1: ${cpu cpu1}% ${cpubar cpu1}
    CPU2: ${cpu cpu2}% ${cpubar cpu2}
    CPU3: ${cpu cpu3}% ${cpubar cpu3}
    CPU4: ${cpu cpu4}% ${cpubar cpu4}

${color pink}${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}MEMORY 
    ${font}RAM ${alignc}     $mem/$memmax  $alignr $memperc%
    ${membar}${color orange}
    ${font Terminus:bold:size=10}${color Tan1}DISKS ${color orange}${hr 2}
    $font${color orange}/ $alignc ${fs_used /} / ${fs_size /} $alignr ${fs_free_perc /}%
    ${fs_bar /}
    /HD $alignc ${fs_used /media/1CFC7A8DFC7A60C6} / ${fs_size /media/1CFC7A8DFC7A60C6} $alignr ${fs_free_perc /media/1CFC7A8DFC7A60C6}%
    ${fs_bar /media/1CFC7A8DFC7A60C6}
    /Fantom $alignc ${fs_used /media/Fantom} / ${fs_size /media/Fantom} $alignr ${fs_free_perc /media/Fantom}%
    ${fs_bar /media/Fantom}
    ${color green}${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}TOP PROCESSES $hr
    ${top name 1}$alignr${top cpu 1}%
    ${top name 2}$alignr${top cpu 2}%
    ${top name 3}$alignr${top cpu 3}%
    ${top name 4}$alignr${top cpu 4}%

${color yellow}NETWORK $hr
    #External IP: $alignr ${execi 3600 wget -O - http://whatismyip.org/ | tail}
    D/L: ${downspeed eth0}/s $alignr ${totaldown eth0}
    U/L: ${upspeed eth0}/s $alignr ${totalup eth0}

#${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -l USFL0447 --imperial --errorlog=/tmp/conky_forecast.log --template=/home/cavsfan/weather.template --infologfile=/home/cavsfan/cfInfo.log --errorlogfile=/home/cavsfan/cfError.log}
    ${color white}${font Terminus:style=bold:size=10}${time %I:%M%p}${alignr}${time %a %b/%d/%y}
    The Weather used to be at the bottom until Weather dot com cancelled all of us that were using that method.
    That will be next after I get the CPU temperatures.
    Thanks for your help!
    I would never be able to figure this stuff out on my own that's for sure!
    There's a link to a new weather method in my sig. Pick out the "New" link at the end of the bottom line and go get yourself a script or two. Explanations and help in getting it running are there.

Now, what I did up above was I just nabbed the information for the temperatures for the 4 cores from Sensors. Sometimes, just sometimes, what something used to be called on the platform isn't there anymore. So, the folders are empty. If you were looking for something a little more random, say, "temp1" and you didn't know what "temp1" is measuring? You go looking into the HWMON folder to see if there are any sensors there that you recognize. HWMON tends to line up with Sensors from top to bottom. With a few exceptions. Such as you only finding coretemp.0, obviously that only means Core 0 Temperature. It's only the weird stuff you need to compare back and forth. For the core temperatures, AKA processor core temperatures, this is unnecessary because what they measure is plain as the nose on your face in Sensors. I've been talking you through converting to using the Sensors CLI in an execi call rather than the Platform system calls in Conky. Since THOSE move depending on the Kernel? Go around them and get your data from Sensors.

And, yes, this is me acting like a jerk and trying to give you an understanding of the process instead of just spitting out a result for you and leaving you to fix it yourself. I'm sorry, I've spent a lot of time in the Tech Support industry, I have no interest in having to treat you like you're dumb. If you THINK you're dumb? I'll verbally smack you upside the head. Deal with it.
    Last edited by 42dorian; May 31st, 2012 at 12:10 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    Code:
    CPU Core 1 Temp: $alignr${execi 600 sensors -f | grep 'Core 0' | awk '{print $3}'}
    CPU Core 2 Temp: $alignr${execi 600 sensors -f | grep 'Core 1' | awk '{print $3}'}
    CPU Core 3 Temp: $alignr${execi 600 sensors -f | grep 'Core 2' | awk '{print $3}'}
    CPU Core 4 Temp: $alignr${execi 600 sensors -f | grep 'Core 3' | awk '{print $3}'}
    There's a link to a new weather method in my sig. Pick out the "New" link at the end of the bottom line and go get yourself a script or two. Explanations and help in getting it running are there.

Now, what I did up above was I just nabbed the information for the temperatures for the 4 cores from Sensors. Sometimes, just sometimes, what something used to be called on the platform isn't there anymore. So, the folders are empty. If you were looking for something a little more random, say, "temp1" and you didn't know what "temp1" is measuring? You go looking into the HWMON folder to see if there are any sensors there that you recognize. HWMON tends to line up with Sensors from top to bottom. With a few exceptions. Such as you only finding coretemp.0, obviously that only means Core 0 Temperature. It's only the weird stuff you need to compare back and forth. For the core temperatures, AKA processor core temperatures, this is unnecessary because what they measure is plain as the nose on your face in Sensors. I've been talking you through converting to using the Sensors CLI in an execi call rather than the Platform system calls in Conky. Since THOSE move depending on the Kernel? Go around them and get your data from Sensors.

And, yes, this is me acting like a jerk and trying to give you an understanding of the process instead of just spitting out a result for you and leaving you to fix it yourself. I'm sorry, I've spent a lot of time in the Tech Support industry, I have no interest in having to treat you like you're dumb. If you THINK you're dumb? I'll verbally smack you upside the head. Deal with it.
    You are good! It worked like a charm! My wife works in customer support and she hates dealing with dummies too!
    I have always been good with computers but, this conky is like speaking in another language.
    One question: using the above works great but, there is a + sign to the left of the temperature. E.g. +104.8 F, can you tell me what I need to do to get rid of the plus sign?
    It's never going to be negative so it doesn't belong there.
    But, instead of asking you to do it, I am asking what it is that pulls in the + sign so I can fix it myself or at least a hint.
    Also, thanks for the pointer on fixing the weather! I will do that as I have time.
    Thank you very much!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I don't know what it is about conky that makes me feel dumber than a rock but, it does!
    My Crunchbag Statler conky is back to where it was on this post:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...ostcount=19779

It is exactly the same black, 4 inches high, etc/
    Even though I just copied the files from my Lucid Home where they work well.
    I installed all of the fonts too and have the text lua.

Here is my /home/cavsfan/.conky.bartos
    Code:
    # killall conky && conky -c ~/conky/bartos.conky &
    ###  Begin Window Settings  ##################################################
    # Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    own_window yes

# Use the Xdbe extension? (eliminates flicker)
    # It is highly recommended to use own window with this one
    # so double buffer won't be so big.
    double_buffer yes

own_window_type normal #override
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    own_window_class bartos
    own_window_title bartos

### ARGB can be used for real transparency
    ### NOTE that a composite manager is required for real transparency.
    ### This option will not work as desired (in most cases) in conjunction with
    ### own_window_type override
    # own_window_argb_visual yes

### When ARGB visuals are enabled, this use this to modify the alpha value
    ### Use: own_window_type normal
    ### Use: own_window_transparent no
    ### Valid range is 0-255, where 0 is 0% opacity, and 255 is 100% opacity.
    #own_window_argb_value 150

minimum_size 270 680 ## width, height
    maximum_width 270  ## width, usually a good idea to equal minimum width

gap_x 10 ### left &right
    gap_y 20 ### up & down

alignment tl
    ####################################################  End Window Settings  ###
    ###  Font Settings  ##########################################################
    # Use Xft (anti-aliased font and stuff)
    use_xft yes
    xftfont Anonymous Pro:size=8
    #xftfont WenQuanYi Micro Hei Mono:size=8

# Alpha of Xft font. Must be a value at or between 1 and 0 ###
    xftalpha 1
    # Force UTF8? requires XFT ###
    override_utf8_locale yes

draw_shades no #### <<<<<<------------------To see it easier on light screens.
    #default_shade_color black

draw_outline no #### <<<<<<---------------- Amplifies text if yes

uppercase no
    ######################################################  End Font Settings  ###
    ###  Color Settings  #########################################################
    default_shade_color gray

default_color DCDCDC #Gainsboro
    color0 ffe595 #Teo Gold
    color1 Grey        ##icons
    color2 Ivory       ##text
    color3 DarkGrey    ##divider lines
    color4 Orange        ##headings
    color5 bfff80
    color6 00BFFF #DeepSkyBlue
    color7 00FFFF #Cyan #48D1CC #MediumTurquoise
    color8 FFFF00 #Yellow
    color9 FF0000 #Red  #A52A2A #DarkRed
    #####################################################  End Color Settings  ###
    ###  Borders Section  ########################################################
    draw_borders no
    # Stippled borders?
    stippled_borders 0
    # border margins
    border_inner_margin 5
    border_outer_margin 0
    # border width
    border_width 0
    # graph borders
    draw_graph_borders no
    #####################################################  End Borders Secton  ###
    ###  Miscellaneous Section  ##################################################

# Boolean value, if true, Conky will be forked to background when started.
    background no

# Adds spaces around certain objects to stop them from moving other things
    # around, this only helps if you are using a mono font
    # Options: right, left or none
    use_spacer right

# Default and Minimum size is 256 - needs more for single commands that
    # "call" a lot of text IE: bash scripts
    text_buffer_size 256

# Subtract (file system) buffers from used memory?
    no_buffers yes

# change GiB to G and MiB to M
    short_units yes

# Like it says, ot pads the decimals on % values
    # doesn't seem to work since v1.7.1
    pad_percents 2

#   Maximum size of user text buffer, i.e. layout below TEXT line in config file
    #  (default is 16384 bytes)
    # max_user_text 16384

##############################################  End Miscellaneous Section  ###
    ###  LUA Settings  ###########################################################
    ## Above and After TEXT - requires a composite manager or blinks.
    ##
    # lua_load ~/Conky/LUA/draw-bg.lua
    #TEXT
    #${lua conky_draw_bg 10 0 0 0 0 0x000000 0.6}
    #
    ## ${lua conky_draw_bg corner_radius x_position y_position width height color alpha}
    ##
    ## OR Both above TEXT (No composite manager required - no blinking!)
    #
    #lua_load ~/Conky/LUA/draw-bg.lua
    #lua_draw_hook_pre draw_bg 10 0 0 0 0 0x000000 0.5
    #
    #######################################################  End LUA Settings  ###

#digiThe all important - How often conky refreshes.
    # If you have a "Crey" try: 0.2 - smokin' - but watch the CPU useage go UP!
    update_interval 1 # in seconds

# stuff after 'TEXT' will be formatted on screen
    ## Load Lua for shading (optional)
    ## Set the path to your script here.
    #
    lua_load /home/cavsfan/test.lua
    lua_draw_hook_pre draw_lua

TEXT
    ${voffset 3}${font OpenLogos:size=42}${color2}J${font}${voffset -3}${font Sans:size=18}${color4}Crunchbang Statler${font}

${font Sans:bold:size=8.25}${color4}SYSTEM  ${color3}${hr 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font Stylebats:size=10}${color1}j${voffset -1}${font}${color2} ${sysname} ${kernel}${alignr}${machine}
    ${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}q${voffset -1}${font}${color2} System Uptime${alignr}${uptime_short}
    ${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}o${voffset -1}${font}${color2} File System${alignr}${fs_type}
    ${voffset 4}${font Sans:bold:size=8}${color4}PROCESSORS  ${color3}${hr 2}

${goto 22}CPU 1${goto 80}CPU 2${goto 150}CPU 3${goto 220}CPU 4
    ${voffset 145}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}k${voffset -1}${font}${color2}${goto 20}${cpu cpu1}% ${font}${color2}${goto 85}${cpu cpu2}% ${font}${color2}${goto 156}${cpu cpu3}% ${font}${color2}${goto 230}${cpu cpu4}%
    ${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}k${voffset -1}${font}${color2} ${freq_g 1} GHz  ${freq_g 2} GHz  ${freq_g 3} GHz  ${freq_g 4} GHz
    ${voffset 8}${font Sans:bold:size=8.25}${color4}MEMORY  ${color3}${hr 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}l${voffset -2}${font}${color2} RAM${goto 97}${mem}${goto 133}/ ${memmax}${alignr}${memperc}% Used

${font Sans:bold:size=8.25}${color4}HDD  ${color3}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}x${font}${color2} ROOT${goto 95}${fs_used /}${goto 133}/ ${fs_size /}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /}% Free

${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}x${font}${color2} HOME${goto 95}${fs_used /home}${goto 133}/ ${fs_size /home}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home}% Free

${font Sans:bold:size=8.25}${color4}TOP PROCESSES  ${color3}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}l${voffset -1}${font}${color4} RAM${goto 155}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}k${voffset -1}${font}${color4} CPU
    ${voffset 4}${color2}${top_mem name 1}${goto 60}  ${top_mem mem_res 1}${goto 100}${top_mem mem 1}%${goto 155}${top name 1}${goto 210}    ${top cpu 1}%
    ${top_mem name 2}${goto 60}  ${top_mem mem_res 2}${goto 100}${top_mem mem 2}%${goto 155}${top name 2}${goto 210}    ${top cpu 2}%
    ${top_mem name 3}${goto 60}  ${top_mem mem_res 3}${goto 100}${top_mem mem 3}%${goto 155}${top name 3}${goto 210}    ${top cpu 3}%
    ${voffset 4}${font Sans:bold:size=8.25}${color4}NETWORK  ${color3}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${color2}Public IP${alignr}${execi 1800 curl ifconfig.me}
    Private IP${alignr}${addr eth0}${goto 150}
    ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=9.5}${color1}U${font}${color2} Download${goto 103}${totaldown eth0}${goto 150}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color1}T${font}${color2} Down${alignr}${downspeed eth0}
    ${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color1}O${font}${color2} Upload${goto 100} ${totalup eth0}${goto 150}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color1}N${font}${color2} Up${alignr}${upspeed eth0}
    ${font Sans:bold:size=8.25}${color4}UPDATES  ${color3}${hr 2}${font}
    ${color6}Security updates: ${goto 170}${execi 600 /usr/lib/update-notifier/apt-check 2>&1 |cut -d ';' -f 1}
    Normal updates: ${goto 170}${execi 600 /usr/lib/update-notifier/apt-check 2>&1 |cut -d ';' -f 2}${color}
    And /home/cavsfan/test.lua
    Code:
    --[[ this script combines the background drawing lua (originally by londonali1010, modified by VinDSL)
    with a script that emulates only the gradient bars portion of the script by wlourf
    call in conkyrc above TEXT like so
    lua_load /path to file/filename.lua
    lua_draw_hook_pre draw_lua
    ]]
    require 'cairo'
    function conky_draw_lua()
    if conky_window == nil then return end
    local cs = cairo_xlib_surface_create(conky_window.display, conky_window.drawable, conky_window.visual, conky_window.width, conky_window.height)
    cr = cairo_create(cs)
    local updates=tonumber(conky_parse('${updates}'))
    if updates>5 then
    --#########################################################################################################
    --#########################################################################################################
    --background setup -- make sure this comes first-----------
    settings={--CONKY BACKGROUND
    corner_r=50,--corner radius
    bg_color={0x222222,0.9},--color and alpha inside {}
    bg_height=-42,--negative number reduces height of bg
    w=conky_window.width,
    h=conky_window.height,
    };background(settings)
    --end background setup-------------------------------------
    --Line 1 settings
    local a_arg=conky_parse('${cpu}')
    local a_thick=10
    local a_red=0
    local a_green=0
    local a_blue=0
    local a_alpha=1
    local a_start=10
    --line 1 settings end  
    local a_num=tonumber(a_arg)
    --line 1 background

--line 1 title
    cairo_rotate (cr,0*math.pi/180)
    cairo_show_text (cr, "CPU");
    cairo_rotate (cr, -90*math.pi/180)

bar_adjust=-2

--bar setup------------------------------------------------
    settings={--CPU GRAPH CPU1
    number=tonumber(conky_parse("${cpu cpu1}")),--conky object to read
    number_max=100,--max value of conky object
    bar_startx=-300,--x coordinate
    bar_starty=25+bar_adjust,--y coordinate
    divisions=38,--number of blocks
    div_width=2,--horizontal size
    div_height=25,--vertical size
    div_gap=1,--space between bits
    bg_color={0xFFFFFF,0.25},--background color, color and alpha inside {}
    st_color={0x00FF00,1},--start color for gradient, green
    mid_color={0xFFFF00,1},--middle color for gradient, yellow
    end_color={0xFF0000,1},--end color for gradient
    };bars(settings)
    number=tonumber(conky_parse("${cpu cpu2}")),--conky object to read
    bar_starty=90+bar_adjust,--y coordinate
    };bars(settings)
    number=tonumber(conky_parse("${cpu cpu3}")),--conky object to read
    bar_starty=160+bar_adjust,--y coordinate
    };bars(settings)
    number=tonumber(conky_parse("${cpu cpu4}")),--conky object to read
    bar_starty=225+bar_adjust,--y coordinate
    };bars(settings)
    --copy and paste above for new bar-------------------------
    end-- if updates>5
    cairo_destroy(cr)
    cairo_surface_destroy(cs)
    cr=nil
    end-- end main function
    function rgb_to_r_g_b(col_a)
    return ((col_a[1] / 0x10000) % 0x100) / 255., ((col_a[1] / 0x100) % 0x100) / 255., (col_a[1] % 0x100) / 255., col_a[2]
    end
    function bars(t)
    local bar_startx=t.bar_startx
    local bar_starty=t.bar_starty
    local divisions=t.divisions
    local div_width=t.div_width
    local div_height=t.div_height
    local div_gap=t.div_gap
    local br,bg,bb,ba=rgb_to_r_g_b(t.bg_color)
    local sr,sg,sb,sa=rgb_to_r_g_b(t.st_color)
    local mr,mg,mb,ma=rgb_to_r_g_b(t.mid_color)
    local er,eg,eb,ea=rgb_to_r_g_b(t.end_color)
    if t.number==nil then number=0 else number=t.number end
    local number_max=t.number_max
    local number_divs=(number/number_max)*divisions
    cairo_set_line_width (cr,div_width)
    for i=1,divisions do
    if i<(divisions/2) and i<=number_divs then
    colr=((mr-sr)*(i/(divisions/2)))+sr
    colg=((mg-sg)*(i/(divisions/2)))+sg
    colb=((mb-sb)*(i/(divisions/2)))+sb
    cola=((ma-sa)*(i/(divisions/2)))+sa
    elseif i>=(divisions/2) and i<=number_divs then
    colr=((er-mr)*((i-(divisions/2))/(divisions/2)))+mr
    colg=((eg-mg)*((i-(divisions/2))/(divisions/2)))+mg
    colb=((eb-mb)*((i-(divisions/2))/(divisions/2)))+mb
    cola=((ea-ma)*((i-(divisions/2))/(divisions/2)))+ma
    else
    colr=br
    colg=bg
    colb=bb
    cola=ba
    end
    cairo_set_source_rgba (cr,colr,colg,colb,cola)
    cairo_move_to (cr,bar_startx+((div_width+div_gap)*i-1),bar_starty)
    cairo_rel_line_to (cr,0,div_height)
    cairo_stroke (cr)
    end
    end--function bars
    function background(t)
    local corner_r=t.corner_r
    local br,bg,bb,ba=rgb_to_r_g_b(t.bg_color)
    local v=t.bg_height
    local h=t.h
    local w=t.w
    cairo_move_to(cr,corner_r,0)
    cairo_line_to(cr,w-corner_r,0)
    cairo_curve_to(cr,w,0,w,0,w,corner_r)
    cairo_line_to(cr,w,h+v-corner_r)
    cairo_curve_to(cr,w,h+v,w,h+v,w-corner_r,h+v)
    cairo_line_to(cr,corner_r,h+v)
    cairo_curve_to(cr,0,h+v,0,h+v,0,h+v-corner_r)
    cairo_line_to(cr,0,corner_r)
    cairo_curve_to(cr,0,0,0,0,corner_r,0)
    cairo_close_path(cr)
    cairo_set_source_rgba(cr,br,bg,bb,ba)
    cairo_fill(cr)
    end--function background
    The text.lua is untouched by me. I also have Cairo Dock running at startup Open GL.
    One puzzling thing is that test.lua is not hidden like the conkys are.
    This should be a no-brainer but, I tried to fix it and it is just like the Lucid one with the fonts and I made sure I installed all 4 fonts mentioned earlier that fixed it the first time.
    Thanks! I appreciate the help!

Beans

You are good! It worked like a charm! My wife works in customer support and she hates dealing with dummies too!
    I have always been good with computers but, this conky is like speaking in another language.
    One question: using the above works great but, there is a + sign to the left of the temperature. E.g. +104.8 F, can you tell me what I need to do to get rid of the plus sign?
    It's never going to be negative so it doesn't belong there.
    But, instead of asking you to do it, I am asking what it is that pulls in the + sign so I can fix it myself or at least a hint.
    Also, thanks for the pointer on fixing the weather! I will do that as I have time.
    Thank you very much!
    The awk '{print $3} is what pulls (prints) the temperature so you get the "+" as well.

Use the cut command to remove it, change:

Code:
    to something like:

Code:
    CPU Core 1 Temp: $alignr${execi 600 sensors -f | grep 'Core 0' | awk '{print $3}' | cut -c2-5}
    to cut the output to the characters you want (characters 2-5 printed in this example). The man page for cut is pretty complete; take a look at it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by landwell View Post
    The awk '{print $3} is what pulls (prints) the temperature so you get the "+" as well.

Code:
    to something like:

Code:
    CPU Core 1 Temp: $alignr${execi 600 sensors -f | grep 'Core 0' | awk '{print $3}' | cut -c2-5}
    to cut the output to the characters you want (characters 2-5 printed in this example). The man page for cut is pretty complete; take a look at it.
    Also you can clean it up and only use awk like this:
    sensors -f | awk '/Core 0/{print $3}'

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by landwell View Post

Code:
    to something like:

Code:
    Thanks for that tip! I had to change it to cut -c2-9 to get the whole temperature all the way to the F to display.
    I am sure you knew that. I learned something.
    I looked at the MAN page. What I do not understand is +105.8oF is only 8 chars long.
    I see that -c2 starts at position 2 (cutting off the +) but, I don't understand why it has to go to 9 to display the F. I played around with it and that is exactly what it takes.

This is conky. This is me + conky (conky)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by VCoolio View Post
    Also you can clean it up and only use awk like this:
    sensors -f | awk '/Core 0/{print $3}'
    Thanks! I am learning, although slowly...

Beans

Thanks for that tip! I had to change it to cut -c2-9 to get the whole temperature all the way to the F to display.
    I am sure you knew that. I learned something.
    I looked at the MAN page. What I do not understand is +105.8oF is only 8 chars long.
    I see that -c2 starts at position 2 (cutting off the +) but, I don't understand why it has to go to 9 to display the F. I played around with it and that is exactly what it takes.

This is conky. This is me + conky (conky)
    The 9th character is an additional character that sits between the numbers and the degree symbol in the terminal. Run one of the sensor program calls (without the execi or interval, just sensors -f and everything to the end of the call inside the brackets) in a terminal and you'll see it. It looks like a capital A with an accent character above it. In the CLI (Command Line Interface) there are sometimes extra characters that aren't understood by the output program, but Conky and lots of other programs just parse naturally.

Conky is NOT a new language. It's a program that lays stuff out how you want it laid out. It just takes instructions you tell it and places objects where you tell them to be placed. You just need to be familiar with which objects place things (spacing objects like goto, voffset, and offset), which objects make decisions (if structures), and which objects represent something displayed in the Conky output. (Everything else)

When you're talking the exec family of objects, exec, execi, etc, you're calling in an outside program to represent an object. You want the output of the Sensors program, for example. execi calls whatever it is at intervals you specify. Hence the i at the end. The rest of the call says "For this object do that first thing, but now do this next thing (the | symbol starts this) as well, because it is going to do something to the output you give me. I only want something specific out of the output." Hence, you're calling Sensors, every 600 seconds, using the -f flag to indicate the units, then | to also run grep/awk/cut on the output of sensors. In both versions you've been given, you're looking for the Core temperature by searching for "Core 0/1/2/3" and then printing the THIRD entry on the line. Hence "print $3" in there. Since you wanted only the numbers and not the + sign (This is a format from Sensors, which detects whether the temperature is + or - due to high and low temperature limits in your BIOS and elsewhere) so you used Cut to start the output after the + sign and end at the end of the F, and yes, that includes the invisible character between the numbers and degree symbol that Conky just ignores, but the CLI doesn't.

Comes down to thinking like the program you're calling. It's all about placement and calling what you want. It's not a programming language, just self-formatted text.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    The 9th character is an additional character that sits between the numbers and the degree symbol in the terminal. Run one of the sensor program calls (without the execi or interval, just sensors -f and everything to the end of the call inside the brackets) in a terminal and you'll see it. It looks like a capital A with an accent character above it. In the CLI (Command Line Interface) there are sometimes extra characters that aren't understood by the output program, but Conky and lots of other programs just parse naturally.

Conky is NOT a new language. It's a program that lays stuff out how you want it laid out. It just takes instructions you tell it and places objects where you tell them to be placed. You just need to be familiar with which objects place things (spacing objects like goto, voffset, and offset), which objects make decisions (if structures), and which objects represent something displayed in the Conky output. (Everything else)

When you're talking the exec family of objects, exec, execi, etc, you're calling in an outside program to represent an object. You want the output of the Sensors program, for example. execi calls whatever it is at intervals you specify. Hence the i at the end. The rest of the call says "For this object do that first thing, but now do this next thing (the | symbol starts this) as well, because it is going to do something to the output you give me. I only want something specific out of the output." Hence, you're calling Sensors, every 600 seconds, using the -f flag to indicate the units, then | to also run grep/awk/cut on the output of sensors. In both versions you've been given, you're looking for the Core temperature by searching for "Core 0/1/2/3" and then printing the THIRD entry on the line. Hence "print $3" in there. Since you wanted only the numbers and not the + sign (This is a format from Sensors, which detects whether the temperature is + or - due to high and low temperature limits in your BIOS and elsewhere) so you used Cut to start the output after the + sign and end at the end of the F, and yes, that includes the invisible character between the numbers and degree symbol that Conky just ignores, but the CLI doesn't.

Comes down to thinking like the program you're calling. It's all about placement and calling what you want. It's not a programming language, just self-formatted text.
    Thank you for that explanation. That gives me a little more insight into Conky. Although I feel like an infant still.
    I was a senior programmer/analyst at my last job until I got this neurological disorder that prevents my eyes from staying open normally and some other stuff.
    But, I worked on a mainframe and some limited work with linux. So, I know a little about linux. The programs that I wrote, I wrote so that they would never have to be
    "fixed" because they broke for some stupid reason. The only time my programs had to be modified was when data changed or something similar outside of the program changed.
    I say this not for sympathy but, just to explain that I am very knowledgeable with some programming just not this kind.

I think I may have figured out what is wrong with my Crunchbang Statler conky.
    I didn't have luac installed. Let me see if that fixes it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Nope just a black brick.

I have done everything I did in Lucid to get this to be like Barto's Crunchbang Statler conky and still it is like it started out - a black box.
    Thanks for any help or explanation as to what I am missing.

Page 1994 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 994149418941944198419921993199419951996200420442094 ... LastLast