Page 1913 of 2284 FirstFirst ... 913141318131863190319111912191319141915192319632013 ... LastLast
Results 19,121 to 19,130 of 22833

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    That's because you can't. Routers don't track that kind of thing. If you had a computer there instead of a Router, and it attached to an in-area wired Hub or Wireless Card to share it's internet connection with your home network, a program or item such as VNSTAT could be running on that particular interface and track that data. Then it would be as simple as sharing the folder that The Program/VNSTAT is storing it's data in with the rest of the network, and using CAT to read the log in real time across the network.

But, Routers can't do that. They're over-simplified connection-sharers in the home market. They don't run additional apps.
    It's late but you're wrong... at least at some point.

For example on my router I can install rtorrent, samba, SQL and WWW server (if I add some RAM to it and usb hard drive).
    But I changed it's software to OpenWRT.

Some other routers that can't incorporate OpenWRT can do something other - SNMP. It tracks router traffic and you could get it to your computer by MRTG.

So check your router against SNMP compatibility (and menu settings).

Quote Originally Posted by akernan View Post
    I'm trying to learn lua. How can I get lua too display a non-numeric variable from conky?

This line displays a number nicely.

I get (null) from this line.
    It is because it is as it says - it have no value at the time and LUA can't process variables with no value.
    You must check whatever it have value before processing it and either don't process it or set it's value to something, like "no mpd" or something:
    Code:
    mpd_album = conky_parse(${mpd_album}); if not mpd_album then mpd_album = "There is no album title!" end; cairo_show_text (cr, mpd_album)
    And for God's sake, in the future, put a script code inside code tag not quote.
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hallo all, I'm new to Conky, and (although it's annoying) I've got a sort of set idea in my head of what I want it to look like. Now, I know that it's not like that, and that I need to work hard to get it all looking find and dandy, but where do I go to start? All I've found is about 999 pages and threads with either ready made config files that say they teach you "how to customize conky" when really they're just saying how to install a theme.

Where do I go, how do I start? I have Eclipse IDE installed as I write a bit of python. Can I use Eclipse to edit conky stuff?

Thanks for your time!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by mang0 View Post
    Hallo all, I'm new to Conky, and (although it's annoying) I've got a sort of set idea in my head of what I want it to look like. Now, I know that it's not like that, and that I need to work hard to get it all looking find and dandy, but where do I go to start? All I've found is about 999 pages and threads with either ready made config files that say they teach you "how to customize conky" when really they're just saying how to install a theme.

Where do I go, how do I start? I have Eclipse IDE installed as I write a bit of python. Can I use Eclipse to edit conky stuff?

Thanks for your time!
    Besides this forum this is where I go when I need an answer.

http://conky.pitstop.free.fr/wiki/in...itle=Main_Page
    Eee Pc 1215N notebook-12in Screen-Ubnutu 12.10
    Dual core 1.8 Atom
    2 gig DDR3
    Nvidia Ion(Yes it works,even have HDMI out working)

Beans

....and this guide should get you going.
    HOW TO: A Beginners Guide to Setting up Conky

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mang0 View Post

Thanks for your time!
    You'll want a link to this thread (Oh, look, you're here already.) and these two pages:

Conky Environment Variables (Above the TEXT Object)
    Conky Objects (Below the TEXT Object, AKA everything to be displayed.)

It's going to sound strange, but the easiest, fastest way to get yourself going is to find someone's "Data Dump Post" somewhere in this thread, and steal their code. If you copy it somewhere and open those two links in a browser at the same time, reading what all of the objects do in the links, while looking at how that person has used them, you can figure out quite quickly how it all will work for you. There's a VinDSL Howto I wrote, but that is just how to copy his code and get it working. Ultimately, just copy someone's code, read what all the objects do, and then, using your Python knowledge, move the code around, add or subtract as you need it, use the ${offset}, ${goto}, and ${voffset} objects to move things to the places you want them, and have fun with it until it does what you want it to do.

If, at any point, you want something more advanced, LUA is something you can add to your Conky setup, and lessons/mentoring in that is something you will have to undertake. dk75, mrpeachy, and wlorf here in this thread tend to be the best at it. No offence to other LUA people, just... those three tend to stick out in my mind as the ones who either A ) explain themselves the best, and/or B ) enjoy helping people get LUA running the most. If I'm wrong about that, I meant no offence.

And, @dk75... You pretty obviously don't have a normal consumer Router. The average one won't have those features. Although some do have the SNMP protocol, there's no guarantee. By the sounds of the guy in question, he has one of those cheaper home wireless routers that are easy to set up, but not incredibly versatile. YOU might be good with setting up your router, I have little to no doubt you're a very good tech in general, but HE sounded more like someone who is stuck behind a network configuration he couldn't change. One of those consumer routers between his ISP and his home computers is more than likely something he can't install anything on. He may have one feature or another, but I believe he is stuck with the features he has.

But, thank you for at least revealing that there is a program for Linux that can monitor SNMP. Was not aware it existed. There's so much out there, who can know all of it? Makes your head spin sometimes, y'know?

Beans
    Hidden!

My present router is TP-Link TP-WR1043ND (OpenWRT mod), my previous one was Linksys WAG200G (SNMP only).

But I've found a lot of routers at eBay with SNMP with price ranges from $7 (used one), through $45 for new to $800 for CISCO ;P
    With brand ranges from CISCO throught Apple, Linksys, OVISLINK, AirLive, TP-Link, Pentagram, D-Link, Netgear, Zyxel, Zalip, Huawei, Level-One, Tenda, Cradlepoint, TRENDnet, Brocade Foundry, Asus, Buffalo, Billion, HP, Top Global, 3COM, EnGenius, ORiNOCO, SMC, many of which I've never heard of before (since I always stick to higher brand from big names than I can afford).

So, check it out whenever your router is SNMP ready.
    Last edited by dk75; January 26th, 2012 at 09:59 AM.
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

Beans
    Hidden!

Man. I vanish for a few years, come back, and this thread's still alive and kicking. Nice.
    Want me to punchisize your face, For free??

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
    Man. I vanish for a few years, come back, and this thread's still alive and kicking. Nice.
    Are you still a dude???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Nice one, thankyou for all the replies, I'll take a look at all the links and stuff.

Beans
    Hidden!

Haven't changed a damn thing. Glad to be back on Linux. I always go for simplicity and utility, and I noticed that most conky configs are going to be covered up by windows, and me personally I always have my browser maximized, so I smushed together my Tint2 config and conky into one goliath of a config that lets me do and see everything right up top.

The three bars say, respectively, "Mem" "Home" and "Root". As the bar fills, the black text becomes visible. I just reinstalled Arch last night so there's nothing interesting to see.

Code:
    alignment top_left
    border_margin 5
    border_width 1
    default_color aaaaaa
    double_buffer yes
    draw_borders no
    draw_outline no
    draw_shades no
    gap_x 5
    gap_y -7
    maximum_width 700
    #max_user_text 1000
    text_buffer_size 1000
    no_buffers yes
    override_utf8_locale yes
    own_window_colour dddddd
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,skip_taskbar,skip_pager,sticky
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window yes
    stippled_borders 0
    update_interval 5
    uppercase no
    #use_spacer yes
    use_xft yes
    xftfont LiberationMono-Regular:size=8
    lua_load ~/scripts/draw_bg.lua
    lua_draw_hook_pre draw_bg
    temperature_unit fahrenheit

TEXT
    ${voffset 10}${font OpenLogos:pixelsize=24}A${font}${voffset -16}${offset 3}${color dddddd}${time %I:%M}$color ${time %a, %b %d} ${color} | CPU: ${color dddddd}$cpu %$color | ${color dddddd}${voffset 1}${membar 8,75}${offset -75}${color 222222}Mem${color dddddd}${offset 55}${color}  | ${color dddddd}${fs_bar 8,75 /home}${offset -75}${color 222222}Home${color dddddd}${offset 55}${color} | ${color dddddd}${fs_bar 8,75 /}${offset -75}${color 222222}Root${color dddddd}${offset 55} ${color}| ${color}Battery: ${color dddddd}${battery_short BAT1} ${color}
    $color${offset 25}Arch:${color dddddd} ${texeci 3600 perl ~/.conkyscripts/list_upgradable.pl} ${color}update(s) available | Weather: ${color dddddd}${weather http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/observations/metar/stations/ KJST weather}, ${weather http://weather.noaa.gov/pub/data/observations/metar/stations/ KJST temperature}
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Want me to punchisize your face, For free??

Page 1913 of 2284 FirstFirst ... 913141318131863190319111912191319141915192319632013 ... LastLast