Page 1850 of 2300 FirstFirst ... 850135017501800184018481849185018511852186019001950 ... LastLast
Results 18,491 to 18,500 of 22993

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

  1. #18491
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere down the road
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    @martadinata, we have the same error on a weather section hmm let me see what i can do with this.

  2. #18492
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    4

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by martadinata View Post
    Conky: llua_do_call: function conky_main execution failed: /usr/share/conkycolors/scripts/conkySLS.lua:26: assertion failed!

    on archlinux
    What options did u choose, i'm trying here on arch and everything seens to be right.

    btw, i'm using conky-lua-old package.

  3. #18493
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Beans
    4

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Script Warlock View Post
    @martadinata, we have the same error on a weather section hmm let me see what i can do with this.
    Found the problem with sls mode when u dont have all configs done:
    Install lm-sensor and configure it and configure .conkyForecast.config file.

    sudo sensors-detect #answering Yes (default) to all questions, even that last one that defaults to No

    For a working weather script you NEED to define, in a user specific config file, a partner id and registration code for the weather.com xoap service. For this purpose copy .conkyForecast.config in /usr/share/conkycolors folder to your home and setup as required.

  4. #18494
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Somewhere down the road
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    finally its working after some ticlink on locations and conkyforcast config... cool conky big thanks helmuthdu

  5. #18495
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Beans
    940

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    My conky.

    Still working on it.

    Code:
    background yes
    use_xft yes
    xftfont Sans:size=8
    xftalpha 1
    update_interval 1.0
    total_run_times 0
    own_window yes
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type desktop
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    double_buffer yes
    minimum_size 200 200
    maximum_width 200
    draw_shades yes
    draw_outline no
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders yes
    default_color white
    default_shade_color black
    default_outline_color white
    alignment top_right
    gap_x 12
    gap_y 12
    no_buffers yes
    uppercase no
    cpu_avg_samples 2
    override_utf8_locale no
    
    TEXT
    ${font sans-serif:bold:size=8}SYSTEM ${hr 2}
    ${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}$sysname $kernel $alignr $machine
    Host:$alignr$nodename
    Uptime:$alignr$uptime
    File System: $alignr${fs_type}
    
    ${font sans-serif:bold:size=8}PROCESSORS ${hr 2}
    ${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}${cpugraph cpu1}
    ${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}${cpugraph cpu2}
    CPU1: ${cpu cpu1}% 
    CPU2: ${cpu cpu2}% 
    
    ${font sans-serif:bold:size=8}MEMORY ${hr 2}
    ${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}RAM $alignc $mem / $memmax $alignr $memperc%
    $membar
    
    ${font sans-serif:bold:size=8}DISKS ${hr 2}
    ${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}/ $alignc ${fs_used /} / ${fs_size /} $alignr ${fs_used_perc /}%
    ${fs_bar /}
    ${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}/home $alignc ${fs_used /home} / ${fs_size /home} $alignr ${fs_used_perc /home}%
    ${fs_bar /home}
    SWAP $alignc ${swap} / ${swapmax} $alignr ${swapperc}%
    ${swapbar}
    
    ${font sans-serif:bold:size=8}TOP PROCESSES ${hr 2}
    ${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}${top_mem name 1}${alignr}${top mem 1} %
    ${top_mem name 2}${alignr}${top mem 2} %
    $font${top_mem name 3}${alignr}${top mem 3} %
    $font${top_mem name 4}${alignr}${top mem 4} %
    $font${top_mem name 5}${alignr}${top mem 5} %
    
    ${font sans-serif:bold:size=8}NETWORK ${hr 2}
    ${font sans-serif:normal:size=8}IP address: $alignr ${addr wlan0}
    ESSID: $alignr ${wireless_essid wlan0}
    Connection quality: $alignr ${wireless_link_qual_perc wlan0}%
    ${downspeedgraph wlan0}
    DLS:${downspeed wlan0} kb/s $alignr total: ${totaldown wlan0}
    ${upspeedgraph wlan0}
    ULS:${upspeed wlan0} kb/s $alignr total: ${totalup wlan0}
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #18496
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    .je
    Beans
    15
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    I'm looking for advice setting up Conky for the first time. Pretty much all the configurations I come across are way more complex than I need. I want some simple half-circles along the bottom of my screen like the mockup attached.

    Can I do this with Conky alone? I've tried this several times and I'm just stumped. I don't even know how to alter the basic layout from bars to rings, for example. Is there a simple guide somewhere, or do I need to spend hours and hours on this? The documentation assumes that I know more than I actually do, so I'm totally confused. So far I have tried copy & pasting some example .conkyrc files but I am still nowhere near my desired setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  7. #18497
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Beans
    940

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by tiznom View Post
    I'm looking for advice setting up Conky for the first time. Pretty much all the configurations I come across are way more complex than I need. I want some simple half-circles along the bottom of my screen like the mockup attached.

    Can I do this with Conky alone? I've tried this several times and I'm just stumped. I don't even know how to alter the basic layout from bars to rings, for example. Is there a simple guide somewhere, or do I need to spend hours and hours on this? The documentation assumes that I know more than I actually do, so I'm totally confused. So far I have tried copy & pasting some example .conkyrc files but I am still nowhere near my desired setup.
    I think these might help you a bit with the rings thing:

    http://londonali1010.deviantart.com/...onky-141961783

    http://clanlordus89.deviantart.com/a...tion-192930609

  8. #18498
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    .je
    Beans
    15
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Thanks for the quick reply. It looks like I need to install 'Lua' or figure that out too. My head hurts, I think I'll try this again tomorrow. This is really way past my skill level but I'm going to try it anyway.

  9. #18499
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Buenavista, ADN, Phils
    Beans
    283

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Is there a way to test your LUA/Cairo scripts before implementing the Conky data.

    I was wanting to play around with LUA and have it render some Cairo stuff on the screen to get ideas of what I want before I tear down my Conky setup but I have been on LUAs website and from what I understand I tried to run some scripts but I get this error:

    Code:
    exodist@Aurora:~$ lua -l rings.lua
    lua: module 'rings.lua' not found:
    	no field package.preload['rings.lua']
    	no file './rings/lua.lua'
    	no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/rings/lua.lua'
    	no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/rings/lua/init.lua'
    	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/rings/lua.lua'
    	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/rings/lua/init.lua'
    	no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/rings/lua.lua'
    	no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/rings/lua/init.lua'
    	no file './rings/lua.so'
    	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/rings/lua.so'
    	no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/rings/lua.so'
    	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'
    	no file './rings.so'
    	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/rings.so'
    	no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/rings.so'
    	no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'
    stack traceback:
    	[C]: ?
    	[C]: ?
    exodist@Aurora:~$
    Looks like it wasnt installed correctly or something. But its from the repositories.

    Edit: Looks like -l is for librarys. But using the regular lua - ring.lua it doesnt show anything obviously but still would like to know if their is a way to play with it before adding conky stuff.
    Last edited by Bandit; August 11th, 2011 at 06:53 PM.
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 830 Series SSD, Intel HD4000 iGPU, 2x Samsung Series3 LED Monitors.
    Photography Homepage: exodistphotography.blogspot.com
    Linux User: 380654

  10. #18500
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Under a rock
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Is there a way to test your LUA/Cairo scripts before implementing the Conky data.

    I was wanting to play around with LUA and have it render some Cairo stuff on the screen to get ideas of what I want before I tear down my Conky setup but I have been on LUAs website and from what I understand I tried to run some scripts but I get this error:

    Code:
    exodist@Aurora:~$ lua -l rings.lua
    lua: module 'rings.lua' not found:
        no field package.preload['rings.lua']
        no file './rings/lua.lua'
        no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/rings/lua.lua'
        no file '/usr/local/share/lua/5.1/rings/lua/init.lua'
        no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/rings/lua.lua'
        no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/rings/lua/init.lua'
        no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/rings/lua.lua'
        no file '/usr/share/lua/5.1/rings/lua/init.lua'
        no file './rings/lua.so'
        no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/rings/lua.so'
        no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/rings/lua.so'
        no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'
        no file './rings.so'
        no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/rings.so'
        no file '/usr/lib/lua/5.1/rings.so'
        no file '/usr/local/lib/lua/5.1/loadall.so'
    stack traceback:
        [C]: ?
        [C]: ?
    exodist@Aurora:~$
    Looks like it wasnt installed correctly or something. But its from the repositories.

    Edit: Looks like -l is for librarys. But using the regular lua - ring.lua it doesnt show anything obviously but still would like to know if their is a way to play with it before adding conky stuff.
    you can run some lua scripts independently, just like bash scripts... but you aren't going to see any cairo graphics unless you run the script through conky. The best way to test LUA scripts for conky is to make an alternative conkyrc

    make a file called something like "conky_test" put in all the conky settings (perhaps change the placement if you want it running concurrently with your regular setup) and put in "TEXT" with nothing below it except one empty line, then call your LUA script above the TEXTpart (should look something like this)

    Code:
    lua_load /path to file/filename.lua
    lua_draw_hook_pre lua_main_function
    
    TEXT
    and lauch the conky like so

    Code:
    conky -c ~/path to file/conky_test
    note, to run lua scripts independently i had to install LUA 5.1 from the repos, conky must have some form of lua interpreter built in
    Last edited by mrpeachy; August 12th, 2011 at 02:38 AM.

Page 1850 of 2300 FirstFirst ... 850135017501800184018481849185018511852186019001950 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •