Page 1800 of 2274 FirstFirst ... 800130017001750179017981799180018011802181018501900 ... LastLast
Results 17,991 to 18,000 of 22732

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

@wildmanne39
    your welcome
    and i wouldnt expect conkyForecast to install with conky
    although im not up to date on my conky packages

just install it seperately

Basic Install

Method 1: Using apt

1) Add the repository to your OS install:
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:conky-companions/ppa
    * Note if you are running 9.10 or below then refer to the PPA link at the end of this post for help on installing from the ppa, good guidance can be found on the launchpad site
    2) Now that is done simply run the following to update your repo cache and install the script:

Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install conkyforecast
    Last edited by mrpeachy; June 5th, 2011 at 03:45 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    @wildmanne39
    your welcome
    and i wouldnt expect conkyForecast to install with conky
    although im not up to date on my conky packages

just install it seperately

Basic Install

Method 1: Using apt

1) Add the repository to your OS install:
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:conky-companions/ppa
    * Note if you are running 9.10 or below then refer to the PPA link at the end of this post for help on installing from the ppa, good guidance can be found on the launchpad site
    2) Now that is done simply run the following to update your repo cache and install the script:

Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install conkyforecast
    Hi, I got it installed I had to get creative, the ppa is for natty and since I am putting it on oneiric it would not install from the ppa, with out some work. Thanks mrpeachy, greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    Hi, I got it installed I had to get creative, the ppa is for natty and since I am putting it on oneiric it would not install from the ppa, with out some work. Thanks mrpeachy, greatly appreciated.
    Glad you got it working
    maybe you could give a short write up of what you did to get it running in case anyone else has similar issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Finally took the time to tackle this from scratch. Learning a lot. Thanks for the kick in the *** for trying to copy a data dump.

Anyways, what I'm trying to do now is three short vertical CPU bars but I'm wary of getting into Lua before I really get the hang of the basics. Is there a way to turn a bar vertical in your conkyrc without opening Pandora's Box? I thought I'd read a discussion about it but I never did find out what came of it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by chungle View Post
    Finally took the time to tackle this from scratch. Learning a lot. Thanks for the kick in the *** for trying to copy a data dump.

Anyways, what I'm trying to do now is three short vertical CPU bars but I'm wary of getting into Lua before I really get the hang of the basics. Is there a way to turn a bar vertical in your conkyrc without opening Pandora's Box? I thought I'd read a discussion about it but I never did find out what came of it.
    i dont think there is a way
    but then again it seems that often when i got and look through the conky objects there are new ones popping up...

lua would be how you do that, but i've been experimenting with writing lua scripts that are set via the conkyrc... it would be quite simple to do a bar script that emulates native conky bars... and have everything setup through the conkyrc

no requirement to edit the lua script itself

Beans
    Distro

i dont think there is a way
    but then again it seems that often when i got and look through the conky objects there are new ones popping up...

lua would be how you do that, but i've been experimenting with writing lua scripts that are set via the conkyrc... it would be quite simple to do a bar script that emulates native conky bars... and have everything setup through the conkyrc

no requirement to edit the lua script itself
    It's a shame that there isn't a way to simply rotate it.

I think, though, I'll save that for the time being. What I'm trying to do tonight is have my network information change when I switch between wireless and ethernet cards. I don't want to have one idle and waste space; I'd like them to only show when active.

For my network, I use this:

Code:
    ${font Enlighten:bold:size=16}NETWORK ${hr 2}
    ${if_existing /proc/net/route wlan0}${font Ubuntu:bold:size=9}Wireless
    ${font Ubuntu:normal:size=9}IP address: $alignr ${addr wlan0}
    SSID: $alignr ${wireless_essid wlan0}
    Speed: $alignr ${wireless_bitrate wlan0}
    Connection quality: $alignr ${wireless_link_qual_perc wlan0}%
    Inbound ${downspeed wlan0} kb/s $alignr Total: ${totaldown wlan0}
    Outbound ${upspeed wlan0} kb/s $alignr Total: ${totalup wlan0}

${if_existing /proc/net/route eth1} ${font Ubuntu:italic:size=9} $alignc Ethernet
    ${font Ubuntu:normal:size=9}IP address: $alignr ${addr eth1}
    Inbound: ${downspeed eth1} kb/s $alignr Total: ${totaldown eth1}
    Outbound: ${upspeed eth1} kb/s $alignr Total: ${totalup eth1}
    ${endif}
    I can't remember where I picked up the "if" bit, but I was under the impression that it would display that section ONLY when there was activity. I guessed wrong. Or did I do something wrong?

Edit: I just caught the Eth1 mistake. I've changed it but still not what I want it to do.
    Last edited by chungle; June 5th, 2011 at 07:35 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

It's a shame that there isn't a way to simply rotate it.

I think, though, I'll save that for the time being. What I'm trying to do tonight is have my network information change when I switch between wireless and ethernet cards.

For my network, I use this:

Code:
    ${font Enlighten:bold:size=16}NETWORK ${hr 2}
    ${if_existing /proc/net/route wlan0}${font Ubuntu:bold:size=9}Wireless
    ${font Ubuntu:normal:size=9}IP address: $alignr ${addr wlan0}
    SSID: $alignr ${wireless_essid wlan0}
    Speed: $alignr ${wireless_bitrate wlan0}
    Connection quality: $alignr ${wireless_link_qual_perc wlan0}%
    Inbound ${downspeed wlan0} kb/s $alignr Total: ${totaldown wlan0}
    Outbound ${upspeed wlan0} kb/s $alignr Total: ${totalup wlan0}

${if_existing /proc/net/route eth1} ${font Ubuntu:italic:size=9} $alignc Ethernet
    ${font Ubuntu:normal:size=9}IP address: $alignr ${addr eth1}
    Inbound: ${downspeed eth1} kb/s $alignr Total: ${totaldown eth1}
    Outbound: ${upspeed eth1} kb/s $alignr Total: ${totalup eth1}
    ${endif}
    I can't remember where I picked up the "if" bit, but I was under the impression that it would display that section ONLY when there was activity. I guessed wrong. Or did I do something wrong?
    every if needs an endif
    you have 2 if's and only 1 endif
    i think you need an ${else} in there, maybe at the start of the second section, before the second if... then add an ${endif} to the end

or try just adding an ${endif} to the end of the first section

ive found there can often be more than one way to get if statements running

Beans
    Distro

every if needs an endif
    you have 2 if's and only 1 endif
    i think you need an ${else} in there, maybe at the start of the second section, before the second if... then add an ${endif} to the end

or try just adding an ${endif} to the end of the first section

ive found there can often be more than one way to get if statements running
    That was it. I forgot an endif. I should know better.. it's no different than <> </> but I suppose the simplest mistakes are the ones we overlook most often.

Thank you, sir. This gives me a bit more confidence on tonight's attempt at a battery monitor. Will post when I figure it out (or have had enough of bashing my head against the coffee table).

Beans
    Distro

That was it. I forgot an endif. I should know better.. it's no different than <> </> but I suppose the simplest mistakes are the ones we overlook most often.

Thank you, sir. This gives me a bit more confidence on tonight's attempt at a battery monitor. Will post when I figure it out (or have had enough of bashing my head against the coffee table).
    And I'm thinking it should be something like this:

Code:
    ${if_existing /proc/acpi/battery/bat0/state} ${else} ${battery_bar bat0} ${endif}
    But I don't know where to go from here. More specifically, how to make it visible only when unplugged. I saw a script that uses ac_state to display whether or not you are plugged in, but is it possible to use that to show or hide a battery bar?

Eventually I'm going to figure out how to tie in keystroke commands to show or hide specific conky features, but for now I'm determined to learn how to make them automatic.

Beans
    Hidden!

@ chungle
    unfortunately i dont have a battery with which to test out the battery commands
    there is also if_match

where you compare the result of a variable to a given setting, and then based on if the condition is true or not you can activate/deactivate parts of the conky

Page 1800 of 2274 FirstFirst ... 800130017001750179017981799180018011802181018501900 ... LastLast