Page 1749 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 7491249164916991739174717481749175017511759179918492249 ... LastLast
Results 17,481 to 17,490 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by rusty_jones View Post
    sector11--- the cpu bars that I was talking about where from VinDSL conky script. They where colored gradient bars.They were also under memory, root, home, swap. I haven't been able to find any referenceof it at all.

Rusty
    well... those bars are generated by a lua script
    it should have been posted with the conkyrc you copied

where did you get your code from anyway?

go back to the post you found the conkyrc and read everything
    there should be a script called bargraph_small.lua

copy that script (get ALL of it), paste it into a blank text document and save it somewhere as bargraph_small.lua (or whatever, as long as it ends in .lua)

remember where you saved it
    (open it up and read the top part so you know what it does and how it does it, its a good bet that you will have to make some positioning adjustments once you have the script up and running)

once you have done this in the conkyrc there should have been some lines that look like this

Code:
    ####
    ## Load Lua for bargraphs (required)
    ## Set the path to your script here.
    #
    lua_load ~/.conky/bargraph_small.lua
    lua_draw_hook_post main_bars
    that is where the conkyrc is calling the script
    in the above example the lua script is saves in /home/username in a hidden folder called .conky
    you can either emulate this location, or change the line to point to where you saved it

BUT before you go through all that, just ask yourself if you really need those fancy bars right now... because
    Code:
    ${cpubar cpu0}
    is a whole lot easier
    Last edited by mrpeachy; May 9th, 2011 at 03:40 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by uRock View Post
    Please stay on topic and play nice or don't play at all.
    Absolutely sir. hahahahaha. we shall. just added some interest to our days.
    I'm a super power user

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

almost done with my htpc conky. just gotta set up mythtv when I move into my new place and hopefully (fingers crossed) I will actually be able to get it set up.

and just for kicks a screenie of my laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by nasubzna View Post

good good studay , day day up ! ha
    Office 2007 "switch"
    and why do these guys post here. Dont they know a majority of us use linux
    Last edited by djyoung4; May 9th, 2011 at 09:55 AM.
    I'm a super power user

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by djyoung4 View Post
    [...] and why do these guys post here. Dont they know a majority of us use linux
    Heh! Probably a bot... not a person.

i wonder what triggers them.

Conky is a human endeavor.
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    BUT before you go through all that, just ask yourself if you really need those fancy bars right now... because
    Code:
    ${cpubar cpu0}
    is a whole lot easier
    Answered by the master!

Beans

Code:
    Code:

${cpubar cpu0}

is a whole lot easier

It's not about easier it's about how you want it to look.

Beans

Code:
    Conky: llua_load: cannot open /home/stanley/.conky/bargraph_small.lua: Not a directory
    Conky: can't parse X color ''
    Conky: can't parse X color ''
    Conky: one or more $endif's are missing
    Conky: forked to background, pid is 17029
    stanley@Silver-flake ~ $ 
    Conky: desktop window (1e000a5) is subwindow of root window (15a)
    Conky: window type - override
    Conky: drawing to created window (0x1400001)
    Conky: drawing to double buffer
    Conky: llua_do_call: function conky_main_bars execution failed: attempt to call a nil value
    stanley@Silver-flake ~ $ Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/share/conkyforecast/conkyForecast.py", line 1700, in <module>
        main()
      File "/usr/share/conkyforecast/conkyForecast.py", line 1697, in main
        forecastinfo.writeOutput()
      File "/usr/share/conkyforecast/conkyForecast.py", line 1473, in writeOutput
        output = self.getDatasetOutput(self.options.location, self.options.datatype, self.options.startday, self.options.endday, self.options.night, self.options.shortweekday, self.options.imperial, self.options.beaufort, self.options.metrespersecond, self.options.hideunits, self.options.hidedegreesymbol, self.options.spaces, self.options.minuteshide, self.options.centeredwidth)
      File "/usr/share/conkyforecast/conkyForecast.py", line 1309, in getDatasetOutput
        output += self.getDatatypeFromSet(location, datatype, self.forecast_data[location].day[daynumber], shortweekday, imperial, beaufort, metrespersecond, tempunit, speedunit, distanceunit, pressureunit, minuteshide, centeredwidth)
    IndexError: list index out of range
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/share/conkyforecast/conkyForecast.py", line 1700, in <module>
        main()
      File "/usr/share/conkyforecast/conkyForecast.py", line 1697, in main
        forecastinfo.writeOutput()
      File "/usr/share/conkyforecast/conkyForecast.py", line 1473, in writeOutput
        output = self.getDatasetOutput(self.options.location, self.options.datatype, self.options.startday, self.options.endday, self.options.night, self.options.shortweekday, self.options.imperial, self.options.beaufort, self.options.metrespersecond, self.options.hideunits, self.options.hidedegreesymbol, self.options.spaces, self.options.minuteshide, self.options.centeredwidth)
      File "/usr/share/conkyforecast/conkyForecast.py", line 1309, in getDatasetOutput
        output += self.getDatatypeFromSet(location, datatype, self.forecast_data[location].day[daynumber], shortweekday, imperial, beaufort, metrespersecond, tempunit, speedunit, distanceunit, pressureunit, minuteshide, centeredwidth)
    IndexError: list index out of range
    Conky: llua_do_call: function conky_main_bars execution failed: attempt to call a nil value
    Conky: llua_do_call: function co

Can someone explain to me what is going on in this conky script. I'd like to find out what is happening behind the scene of this conky script.

ust

Beans

Started using conky not even a week ago. I love it, couldn't live without it anymore.

Using conky mainly to:
    - monitor my internet activity (transfer, speed, ping, total transfer),
    - monitor CPU/RAM activity,
    - monitor disks usage (volume, I/O),
    - get e-mail notifications,
    - see the current playing info with album cover (I haven't even noticed before how nice many covers are),
    - see some logs.

The clock is minimalistic. Also I don't need weather reports in conky (wondering why these are so popular).

The music player is quodlibet (Quod Libet; it's unbelievably good where it comes to managing large music libraries, I recommend it; if you already have a perfect player, at least check Ex Falso - a great app for editing music files tags).

Obviously I used pieces oc 'code' from many other conkyrc examples posted by users on the web. Nothing but font selection is my design (Lithos Pro is a commercial font I own; all the rest are free fonts). Also I used 'sed' and alike quite a few times to fiddle with what conky displays.

To fetch the e-mails I use someone's gmail.pl script downloaded from the web, slightly modified. I was told by perl coders that the coding of this script is ancient and extremely bad (even laughable), but the script still works for its purpose.

Screenshot:

Conkyrc:

Code:
    background no
    update_interval 3
    override_utf8_locale yes
    use_xft yes
    xftalpha 0.8
    double_buffer yes
    net_avg_samples 2
    top_cpu_separate yes 
    own_window yes
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    own_window_argb_visual yes
    own_window_argb_value 122
    alignment top_left
    minimum_width 270 
    maximum_width 270 
    minimum_height 940
    default_color grey72
    default_outline_color grey72
    default_shade_color black
    color1 ddaa00 # istotne wyroznienia
    color2 708090
    color3 aa8800
    color4 775500
    color5 442200
    imlib_cache_size 0
    draw_outline no # amplifies text if yes
    draw_borders no
    border_width 0
    uppercase no
    top_name_width 20
    gap_x 0 #270
    gap_y 0 #145
    xftfont LithosPro:size=8
    TEXT
    #######################################################################################
    ########## General system info
    ${font SuperHighway:size=22}${color1}_${time %H:%M}__________${pre_exec whoami}u___________${color}${font}
    ${voffset 2}${offset -1}#
    ${font OpenLogos:size=14}${color1}u${color}${font}#
    ${offset 7}${color2}zalogowany od:${color} ${uptime}
    ${font StyleBats:size=12}A ${font}${color2}CPU1:${color} ${cpu cpu1}%, ${color1}${hwmon temp 1}°C${color}#
    ${alignr}${cpubar cpu1 8,60 }${cpugraph cpu1 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E -t}
    ${font StyleBats:size=12}A ${font}${color2}CPU2:${color} ${cpu cpu2}%, ${color1}${hwmon temp 2}°C${color}#
    ${alignr}${cpubar cpu2 8,60 }${cpugraph cpu2 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E -t}
    ${font StyleBats:size=12}g ${font}${color2}RAM:${color}   ${color1}${memperc}%${color}, ${memmax}#
    ${alignr}${membar 8,60 }${memgraph 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E -t}
    ${font StyleBats:size=12}j ${font}${color2}SWAP:${color} ${swapperc}%#
    ${alignr}${swapbar 8,120 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${font StyleBats:size=12}Q ${font}${color2}${nodename}: ${sysname} (${machine}), ${kernel}${color}
    ${offset -1}${font StyleBats:size=12}c${font} ${color2}${pre_exec xrandr | grep '*' | sed -e 's/*+//' -e 's/^\s*//g' -e 's/\s*$//g' -e 's/\s\s*/, /g' -e 's/\,\ \([0-9]*\)\.[0-9]/ px, \1 Hz/'}; ${freq_g 1}+${freq_g 2} GHz @${color}
    #
    #
    #
    #######################################################################################
    ########## Processes / TOP output
    ${color1}${stippled_hr}${color}
    #
    ${voffset 2}#
    ${color2}Procesów:${color} ${running_processes}${color2}/${color}${processes}#
    ${alignr}${color2}${exec tail /proc/loadavg}${color}
    ${voffset 1}${color2}${goto 154}PID${goto 202}CPU${alignr}MEM${color}
    ${voffset -1}${font StyleBats:size=12}A${font} ${color1}${top name 1}${goto 140}${top pid 1}${alignr 6}${top cpu 1}%${alignr}${top mem 1}%${color}
    ${top name 2}${goto 140}${top pid 2}${alignr 6}${top cpu 2}%${alignr}${top mem 2}%
    ${color2}${top name 3}${goto 140}${top pid 3}${alignr 6}${top cpu 3}%${alignr}${top mem 3}%${color}
    ${color2}${top name 4}${goto 140}${top pid 4}${alignr 6}${top cpu 4}%${alignr}${top mem 4}%${color}
    ${color2}${top name 5}${goto 140}${top pid 5}${alignr 6}${top cpu 5}%${alignr}${top mem 5}%${color}
    #
    ${font StyleBats:size=12}g${font} ${color1}${top_mem name 1}${goto 140}${top_mem pid 1}${alignr 6}${top_mem cpu 1}%${alignr}${top_mem mem 1}%${color}
    ${top_mem name 2}${goto 140}${top_mem pid 2}${alignr 6}${top_mem cpu 2}%${alignr}${top_mem mem 2}%
    ${color2}${top_mem name 3}${goto 140}${top_mem pid 3}${alignr 6}${top_mem cpu 3}%${alignr}${top_mem mem 3}%${font}${color}
    ${color2}${top_mem name 4}${goto 140}${top_mem pid 4}${alignr 6}${top_mem cpu 4}%${alignr}${top_mem mem 4}%${font}${color}
    ${color2}${top_mem name 5}${goto 140}${top_mem pid 5}${alignr 6}${top_mem cpu 5}%${alignr}${top_mem mem 5}%${font}${color}
    #
    # 
    #
    ########## Hard drives, free space, I/O
    #
    ${voffset 2}#
    ${color2}ubayd:${goto 70}${fs_size /}${color}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /}%  ${fs_bar 4,120 /}
    ${color2}home:${goto 70}${fs_size /home}${color}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home}%  ${fs_bar 4,120 /home}
    ${color2}dane:${goto 70} ${fs_size /home/dane}${color}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home/dane}%  ${fs_bar 4,120 /home/dane}
    ${color2}sejf:${goto 70}${fs_size /home/abd/abd}${color}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home/abd/abd}%  ${fs_bar 4,120 /home/abd/abd}
    ${color2}m:${goto 70}${fs_size /home/abd/m_}${color}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home/abd/m_}%  ${fs_bar 4,120 /home/abd/m_}
    ${color2}kompost:${goto 70}${fs_size /home/kompost}${color}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home/kompost}%  ${fs_bar 4,120 /home/kompost}
    ${color2}smietnik:${goto 70}${fs_size /home/smietnik}${color}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home/smietnik}%  ${fs_bar 4,120 /home/smietnik}
    ${color2}winda:${goto 70} ${fs_size /home/winda}${color}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home/winda}%  ${fs_bar 4,120 /home/winda}
    #
    ${voffset 2}#
    ${color2}/dev/sda - C:${goto 133}I/O${alignr}/dev/sdb - /${color}
    ${voffset 2}#
    ${diskiograph /dev/sda 8,130 F57900 FCAF3E -t}${alignr}${diskiograph /dev/sdb 8,130 F57900 FCAF3E -t}
    #
    #
    #
    ########## Network data, current speed and recent upload/download
    #
    ${voffset 2}#
    ${color2}${alignr}${gw_iface}, IP: ${addr}, brama: ${gw_ip}${alignr}${color}
    ${voffset 4}# Lithos
    # ${voffset 0}# Ubuntu
    ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=12}S${font} ${downspeed}/s${goto 100}#
    ${voffset -5}# Lithos
    # ${voffset -3}# Ubuntu
    ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=12}r${font} #
    ${totaldown} ${alignr}${downspeedgraph 9,90 F57900 FCAF3E -t}
    ${voffset 4}# Lithos
    # ${voffset 5}# Ubuntu
    ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=12}M${font} ${upspeed}/s${goto 100}#
    ${voffset -5}# Lithos
    # ${voffset -3}# Ubuntu
    ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=12}v${font} #
    ${totalup} ${alignr}${upspeedgraph 9,90 F57900 FCAF3E -t}
    #
    #
    #
    ########## Total upload/download in periods
    ${voffset 2}#
    ${color2}#
    ${goto 63}Dzisiaj#
    ${goto 119}Wczoraj#
    ${goto 175}Tydzie-Bń#
    ${alignr}Miesi±c#goto 233
    ${color}
    #
    ${color2}Pobrane:${color}#
    ${goto 63}${execi 60 vnstat | grep "today" | awk '{print $2, $3}' | sed "s:\.\(.\).\(.*\).$:.\1\2:"}#
    ${goto 119}${execi 3600 vnstat | grep "yesterday" | awk '{print $2, $3}' | sed "s:\.\(.\).\(.*\).$:.\1\2:"}#
    ${goto 175}${execi 3600 vnstat -w | grep "last 7 days" | awk '{print $4, $5}' | sed "s:\.\(.\).\(.*\).$:.\1\2:"}#
    ${alignr}${execi 3600 vnstat -m | grep "`date +"%b '%y"`" | awk '{print $3, $4}' | sed "s:\.\(.\).\(.*\).$:.\1\2:"}
    #
    ${color2}Wysłane:${color}#
    ${goto 63}${execi 60 vnstat | grep "today" | awk '{print $5, $6}' | sed "s:\.\(.\).\(.*\).$:.\1\2:"}#
    ${goto 119}${execi 3600 vnstat | grep "yesterday" | awk '{print $5, $6}' | sed "s:\.\(.\).\(.*\).$:.\1\2:"}#
    ${goto 175}${execi 3600 vnstat -w | grep "last 7 days" | awk '{print $7, $8}' | sed "s:\.\(.\).\(.*\).$:.\1\2:"}#
    ${alignr}${execi 3600 vnstat -m | grep "`date +"%b '%y"`" | awk '{print $6, $7}' | sed "s:\.\(.\).\(.*\).$:.\1\2:"}
    #
    ${color2}Razem:${color}#
    ${goto 63}${execi 60 vnstat | grep "today" | awk '{print $8, $9}' | sed "s:\.\(.\).\(.*\).$:.\1\2:"}#
    ${goto 119}${execi 3600 vnstat | grep "yesterday" | awk '{print $8, $9}' | sed "s:\.\(.\).\(.*\).$:.\1\2:"}#
    ${goto 175}${execi 3600 vnstat -w | grep "last 7 days" | awk '{print $10, $11}' | sed "s:\.\(.\).\(.*\).$:.\1\2:"}#
    ${alignr}${execi 3600 vnstat -m | grep "`date +"%b '%y"`" | awk '{print $9, $10}' | sed "s:\.\(.\).\(.*\).$:.\1\2:"}
    #
    #
    #
    ########## Ports & services monitoring
    ${voffset 2}#
    ${color2}Wychodz±ce:${color} ${color}${tcp_portmon 32768 61000 count}${color}${alignr}${color2}Port docelowy${color}
    ${tcp_portmon 32768 61000 rhost 0} ${alignr} ${tcp_portmon 32768 61000 rservice 0}
    ${tcp_portmon 32768 61000 rhost 1} ${alignr} ${tcp_portmon 32768 61000 rservice 1}
    ${tcp_portmon 32768 61000 rhost 2} ${alignr} ${tcp_portmon 32768 61000 rservice 2}
    ${tcp_portmon 32768 61000 rhost 3} ${alignr} ${tcp_portmon 32768 61000 rservice 3}
    #
    ${color2}Przychodz±ce:${color} ${color}${tcp_portmon 1 32767 count}${color}${alignr}${color2}Port lokalny${color}
    ${tcp_portmon 1 32767 rhost 0}${alignr}${tcp_portmon 1 32767 lservice 0}
    ${tcp_portmon 1 32767 rhost 1} ${alignr} ${tcp_portmon 1 32767 lservice 1}
    #
    #
    #
    ########## Various tailing services (logs & ping)
    ${color2}/var/log/messages${color} ${color1}${stippled_hr}${color}
    ${execi 30 tail -n3 /var/log/messages | sed -e "s/^\w*\s*[0-9]*\s*//" | fold -w42}
    #
    ${color2}~/ping-log${color} ${color1}${stippled_hr}${color}
    ${voffset 2}#
    ${alignr}${exec tail -n8 /home/abd/ping-log | sed -e "/^[^6]/d" -e 's:^.*[^0-9]\([0-9][0-9]*\.*[0-9]\)\ ms$:\1 :' | tr -d "\n"}
    #
    #
    #
    ####################################################################################
    ####### Mail
    ${color2}Poczta${color} ${color1}${stippled_hr}${color}
    ${voffset -9}${font Martin Vogel's Symbols:size=16}B${font} ${color2}G:${color} ${color1}${texeci 300 perl ~/scripts/gmail.pl n}${color}${color2};${color} #
    ${color 1}${execi 60 perl ~/scripts/gmail.pl s}${color}
    # ${color2}Temat:${color} ${execi 300 ~/scripts/gmail.pl s | tail -n2 | tr -d '\n' | sed -e "s/^From:\ \(.*\)\"\(.*\)\"$/\1:\ \2/"}
    #
    #
    #
    ########## Music player info for Quod Libet: http://code.google.com/p/quodlibet/
    ${if_existing /home/abd/.quodlibet/current}#
    ${voffset -2}${color1}${stippled_hr}${color}
    # Fertigo Pro
    ${color1}${font :size=11}${exec quodlibet --print-playing "<title>"}${font}${color}
    ${color3}${font :size=10}${voffset 4}${exec quodlibet --print-playing "<artist|<artist>|<date~album>>"}${font}${color}
    ${offset 22}${voffset 3}${color4}${exec quodlibet --print-playing "<artist|<date~album>>"}
    ${offset 22}Czas: ${exec quodlibet --print-playing "<~length|<~length>>" | sed -e "s/$/ s/" -e "s/:\([0-9]*\ s\)$/ min \1/" -e "s/:\(.*min.*\)$/ godz. \1/"}#
    ${alignr}Gło¶no¶ć: ${exec quodlibet --status | sed -e 2d -e "s/^.*\ .*\ \(.\)\.\(.\{2\}\).*/\1\2%/" -e "s/^0*//"}
    ${offset 22}${exec cat /home/abd/.quodlibet/current | sed -n -e "/^~#rating/s/^.*\([0-9]\)\.\([0-9]\)\([0-9]\).*$/Ocena: \1\2,\3/p" | sed -e "s/\ 0*/\ /" -e "s/,0$//"}${goto 120}${exec quodlibet --print-playing "<~#playcount|Razy: <~#playcount>>"}${alignr}${exec quodlibet --print-playing "<~format|<~format>, ><~#bitrate|~<~#bitrate>>"}${color}
    # ${offset 22}${exec quodlibet --print-playing "<~#rating|Ocena: <~#rating>|->"}${goto 120}${exec quodlibet --print-playing "<~#playcount|Razy: <~#playcount>>"}${alignr}${exec quodlibet --print-playing "<~format|<~format>, ><~#bitrate|~<~#bitrate>>"}${color}
    ${voffset -38}${color3}${font Sonora:size=27}&${font}${color}
    ${offset 22}${voffset 5}${color4}${exec quodlibet --print-playing "<~people|<~people>>" | fold -w35}${color}${endif}
    ${image /home/abd/.quodlibet/current.cover -p 70,900 -s 130x130}
    Last edited by Abdus; May 9th, 2011 at 04:32 PM. Reason: typoes

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by djyoung4 View Post
    almost done with my htpc conky. just gotta set up mythtv when I move into my new place and hopefully (fingers crossed) I will actually be able to get it set up.
    OH my, you have almost as busy a desktop as I have, I didn't think anyone else did that.

That's 10 conkys, various bash scripts , 2 LUA scripts by mrpeachy, with conkyForecast and conkyEmail by kaivalagi in action. I see some errors in there that need fixing but haven't had time.

It doesn't fire up that way though, it starts up with 10 different conkys:

My bash scripts are by others, I can't write a decent bash script if I had to, I have almost no idea how awk, sed, or any of those things work within a bash script, Crinos512 and mobilediesel (alpabetical order) are my bash gurus today although many of them done by others right here in the thread.

LUA is not my friend as mrpeachy can attest, I am constantly asking him, "What did I do wrong now?" or "How do I start it?" Slowly I am editing some to meet my needs, but only editing. And lets not forget wlourf as well, I'm sure he thinks I'm way out there in left field sometimes.

90% of what you see was learned here, in this thread, with the help of others, I'm just giving it back folks. I'm not a computer/Linux geek, if there was a scale
    Code:
    noob <------------------------> geek
    I'd be about here:
    Code:
    noob <---|---------------------> geek
    mrpeachy's post about his first conky put a real smile on my face. It was definitely nicer than my first conky:

Now if I can go from that to what I have today, trust me, anyone can! I think I had 3 months Linux experience when I did that, I can remember, I have a bad memory and that's why I have a ~/Conky/Tips-Tricks-info
    directory with 5 sub-directories and 67 text files to back me up. Believe me when I tell you I consult them daily.

I am not a guru, nor a geek, I simply pass on what other have given to me.

And, yup, I've been known to grab someones conky and fix it for them. If a person gets frustrated they may well do one of two things:
    1. make more mistakes
    2. drop it

You want a conky? This is the place to get help.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by rusty_jones View Post
    Can someone explain to me what is going on in this conky script. I'd like to find out what is happening behind the scene of this conky script.
    Hi Rusty ...

Your first clue:
    Code:
    Conky: llua_load: cannot open /home/stanley/.conky/bargraph_small.lua: Not a directory
    Is the file "bargraph_small.lua" in the hidden directory "/home/stanley/.conky"

it also shows up here:
    Code:
    That's a start regarding the LUA script.

Then I see you are faving a problem with conkyForecast. Have you ever had conkyForecast working?

Please post the results of:
    conky --version
    conkyForecast --version, and
    conkyForecast --verbose

Code:
      13:11 ~
             $ conky --version
    Conky 1.8.0 compiled Tue Apr  6 23:19:18 UTC 2010 for Linux 2.6.32.11-dsa-amd64 (x86_64)

Compiled in features:

System config file: /etc/conky/conky.conf
    Package library path: /usr/lib/conky

X11:
      * Xdamage extension
      * XDBE (double buffer extension)
      * Xft
      * ARGB visual

Music detection:
      * MPD
      * MOC

General:
      * math
      * hddtemp
      * portmon
      * Curl
      * RSS
      * Weather (METAR)
      * Weather (XOAP)
      * wireless
      * support for IBM/Lenovo notebooks
      * nvidia
      * eve-online
      * config-output
      * Imlib2
      * ALSA mixer support
      * apcupsd
      * iostats
      * ncurses
      * Lua

Lua bindings:
       * Cairo
       * Imlib2

$ conkyForecast --version
    conkyForecast v.2.20

$ conkyForecast --verbose
    *** INITIAL OPTIONS:
        config: ~/.conkyForecast.config
        datatype: HT
        start day: None
        end day: None
        spaces: 1
        template: None
        locale: None
        imperial: False
        beaufort: False
        metrespersecond: False
        night: False
        shortweekday: False
        hideunits: False
        hidedegreesymbol: False
        minuteshide: None
        centeredwidth: None
        refetch: False
        verbose: True
        errorlogfile: None
        infologfile: None
    *** CONFIG OPTIONS:
        CACHE_FOLDERPATH: /home/sector11/Conky/cache/
        CONNECTION_TIMEOUT: 5
        EXPIRY_MINUTES: 30
        TIME_FORMAT: %H:%M
        DATE_FORMAT: %Y-%m-%d
        LOCALE: en
        XOAP_PARTNER_ID: WARNING HIDE THESE
        XOAP_LICENCE_KEY: WARNING HIDE THESE
        DEFAULT_LOCATION: ARBA0009
        MAXIMUM_DAYS_FORECAST: 9
        BASE_XOAP_URL: http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/<LOCATION>?cc=*&dayf=10&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=<XOAP_PARTNER_ID>&key=<XOAP_LICENCE_KEY>&unit=m
    INFO: Locale set to en
    INFO: Not using a proxy as none is defined
    INFO: Loading cache file /home/sector11/Conky/cache/.conkyForecast-ARBA0009.cache
    13°C

$
    AND a copy of your ~/.conkyForecast.config

Code:
    #=============================================#
    # EXPERT SETTINGS, NOT REQUIRED TO BE ALTERED #
    #=============================================#
    #BASE_XOAP_URL = http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/<LOCATION>?cc=*&dayf=5&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=<XOAP_PARTNER_ID>&key=<XOAP_LICENCE_KEY>&unit=m
    BASE_XOAP_URL = http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/<LOCATION>?cc=*&dayf=10&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=<XOAP_PARTNER_ID>&key=<XOAP_LICENCE_KEY>&unit=m
    MAXIMUM_DAYS_FORECAST = 9

#===============================================#
    # USER SETTINGS, EDIT BASED ON DOCUMENTED SETUP #
    #===============================================#
    CACHE_FOLDERPATH = /home/sector11/Conky/cache/
    CONNECTION_TIMEOUT = 5
    EXPIRY_MINUTES = 30
    TIME_FORMAT = %H:%M
    DATE_FORMAT = %Y-%m-%d
    LOCALE = en
    XOAP_PARTNER_ID = WARNING HIDE THESE
    XOAP_LICENCE_KEY = WARNING HIDE THESE
    DEFAULT_LOCATION = ARBA0009
    AUTO_NIGHT = True
    PROXY_HOST = 
    PROXY_PORT = 8080
    PROXY_USERNAME = 
    PROXY_PASSWORD =
    WARNING: you "may" find your ID and KEY in this line:
    Code:
    BASE_XOAP_URL = http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/<LOCATION>?cc=*&dayf=10&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=<XOAP_PARTNER_ID>&key=<XOAP_LICENCE_KEY>&unit=m
    ... if you do HIDE them!

Also, with an older version of conkyForecast your config file may look like this:

Code:
    # config settings for conkyForecast.py
    CACHE_FOLDERPATH = /home/sector11/Conky/cache/
    CONNECTION_TIMEOUT = 5
    EXPIRY_MINUTES = 30
    DATE_FORMAT = %Y-%m-%d
    LOCALE = en
    DEFAULT_LOCATION = ARBA0009
    MAXIMUM_DAYS_FORECAST = 9
    AUTO_NIGHT = True
    #BASE_XOAP_URL = http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/<LOCATION>?cc=*&dayf=5&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=<XOAP_PARTNER_ID>&key=<XOAP_LICENCE_KEY>&unit=m
    PROXY_HOST = 
    PROXY_PORT = 8080
    PROXY_USERNAME = 
    PROXY_PASSWORD =
    OR even older yet with no DEFAULT_LOCATION=

Code:
    # config settings for conkyForecast.py
    CACHE_FOLDERPATH = /tmp/
    CONNECTION_TIMEOUT = 5
    EXPIRY_MINUTES = 30
    DATE_FORMAT = %Y-%m-%d
    LOCALE = 
    MAXIMUM_DAYS_FORECAST = 4
    AUTO_NIGHT = False
    BASE_XOAP_URL = http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/<LOCATION>?cc=*&dayf=5&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=<XOAP_PARTNER_ID>&key=<XOAP_LICENCE_KEY>&unit=m
    #BASE_XOAP_URL = http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/<LOCATION>?cc=*&dayf=10&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=<XOAP_PARTNER_ID>&key=<XOAP_LICENCE_KEY>&unit=m
    PROXY_HOST = 
    PROXY_PORT = 8080
    PROXY_USERNAME = 
    PROXY_PASSWORD =
    It doesn't matter what you have but it helps us yo help you.
    Last edited by Sector11; May 9th, 2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Adding info...

Page 1749 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 7491249164916991739174717481749175017511759179918492249 ... LastLast