Page 1681 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 6811181158116311671167916801681168216831691173117812181 ... LastLast
Results 16,801 to 16,810 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

i've been playing with curves and gradients in lua recently and have been working on a cpu display in a similar vein to Crinos512's (although not quite as polished as his yet ) but anyway, i thought i would post it

each of the 3 blobs is a core

i still need to make the curves more dynamic so they blend together better as they move
    ill post a clip in a minute or so

well... here is a very jerky clip made using recordmydesktop
    http://blip.tv/file/4949352

what utility did you use to record your clip Crinos512?
    Last edited by mrpeachy; March 29th, 2011 at 07:48 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chungle View Post
    I wasn't asking for somebody to come in and fix it for me. I was asking for this -- a push in the right direction. Thank you. And as I stated in my post, I was using his script to get an idea of how to use Lua as I couldn't get it to work despite hours of trying to write my own followed by hours of trying to get his to work. All the information I've found online for learning this kind of stuff generally assumes you have a background or, at the very least, a solid foundation in scripting/programming. I don't even have a background in Linux -- I've been using it for a couple weeks.

Anyways, thanks for the resources. That's what I was asking for, not a hand to hold. I know I'm doing this ***-backwards but everything I know I've learned from fighting my way out of the thick of it.
    You misunderstand. I'm not angry with you. Just frustrated that someone, AGAIN, decided to copy VinDSL's script as a whole and it came back to bite them for doing so. For people to help you here in this thread, being that we're addicted to Conky ourselves, we have to help with a code snipit here and there. When you have a question, we have to ask you questions back to find out where you're going with it and so we can tailor our responses to you. We all do it that way. These days, VinDSL's scripts make that conversation VERY difficult. You said you had trouble with the spacing and with getting things metric. They're right in the script. Big marquee comments, and there's even a few instructions put in there to guide you. But y'know what? Even if you follow them, knowing what a comment looks like versus code, we still get people like you. New to Linux, not coders in the slightest. VinDSL is a programmer, and sometimes forgets that complete blank slates like yourself are also fans of his work. He's a really nice guy, and I find him to be rather funny too. But when it comes to these scripts, every couple days someone pops up having copied it all and gone blank on how to make it suit their personal needs. It's frustrating. Many of us, myself included, WANT to help you. But we sound like complete unfeeling monsters every time we have to bring you up to speed to get you going. It's really best, for now, that you DON'T try everything VinDSL has done. You need to work toward it. You need to do it by hand, and learn your way toward an understanding. Trial and error. Conky is really very easy as programming goes. Since it's just a bunch of objects on a page, it's more like old HTML than other languages. Lua is an actual language, and Conky can make use of it, but Conky itself isn't Lua. They're just friends basically. But you'd know that better if you had started slower, asked questions when you were first trying and failing, you'd have learned the basics, had the little utilities you need, and known a lot of these links for yourself already. Then, when you tried VinDSL's script, you'd be okay asking for help on bits of it, and you'd be comfortable with the rest of us.

I know I sounded kinda rude in my first response to you. I was frustrated with the whole thing. Not your doing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Greetings!

My main machine has been running Ubuntu 10.10 for several months now and a few weeks ago I discovered Conky. I have had a great time playing with Conky, Lua and the shell to get system vitals onto my desktop, so in the spirit of Conky, attached herewith are my files with a screenshot. Sorry for the length of the post.

Conky is divided into four sections (clock, calendar, sysmon and weather) so that I could have different update intervals and window locations. Major parts of most scripts were liberated from other sources and to their creators I am grateful. But many parts are unique and may act as a resource for others.

The clock started as a ring with text and I combined that with the hands function. Hands can be modified in size and made to move proportionately if desired. The negative start value is what begins the hands on the other side of center. The UTC hour hand was included just for fun but now I use it a lot.

Since I often want to know days and dates in the current month as well as into the next few weeks, the calendar is a bit different in that the current date is always in the week displayed at the middle row with weeks floating upward as time goes by. The code is a bit inelegant but all of it is there to manage colors and names of months in ways that change with the line involved. It all seems to work as intended well past the end of time in December of next year. The update interval is set to 2000. I tried to make it longer but it caused some kind of error loop even though the calendar would seemingly display just fine.

The system monitor section keeps track of temperature, resources and network/storage. The rings can be set to change color when things warm up to make them more noticeable. When not catering to my whims, the cores are searching for ET or folding proteins so they are always near 100%. This means I have little need to know about processes since the top several are always the same.

The weather section is fairly simple and lightweight, I believe, for what it displays. I was looking for just a bit more chat than an icon and temperature and could look out the window to get accurate current info. The data source I finally chose is from Wunderground. The icons are ConkyWeather font and a bit of a shell script and Lua pulls it together. The data source format is not formalized so every now and then the text may get out of alignment but it seems to work fine almost all of the time. This variability also leads to the length of the display changing to accommodate greater or lesser data. Go to Wunderground.com, enter your location, click the v button in the menu area to the right and copy the link to the iCal file. Put this in the conky_weather.sh wget statement. You will also need the ConkyWeather.ttf font in your ~/.fonts/ folder. The weather stuff is in its own folder under .conky, so change the path if needed.

My Conky is not fancy like so many of the incredible examples displayed here but it has its charm in a functional sort of way. I seldom see my full desktop so I just have a simple dark gradient and the light text works fine. I have 1200 pixels to work with so one may need to squeeze things up a bit or cut out part of the weather to make it all fit. Finally, these things have worked only from days to weeks. There may be obscure bugs as there always are, so I apologize if you discover them. Thank you to everyone contributing vast insight and experience in this forum but especially to slk, londonali, teo and tirabassi, who were my primary sources. (The screenshot shows the Conky area in two parts to get the whole thing into the image limits at full resolution.)

startstopconky.sh (startup script)
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    # click to start, click to stop

if pidof conky | grep [0-9] > /dev/null 
    then
       exec killall conky
    else

conky -c ~/.conky/conkyrc_clock &
       conky -c ~/.conky/conkyrc_calendar &
       conky -c ~/.conky/conkyrc_sysmon &
       conky -c ~/.conky/weather/conkyrc_weather

# test conkys
       #sleep 3
       #conky -c ~/.conky/sandbox/conkyrc_clock &

exit
    fi
    conyrc_clock
    Code:
    #==============================================================================
    #                                 conkyrc_clock
    #
    #  by mjjohanson based on work from SLK
    #

background yes
    update_interval 1

cpu_avg_samples 2
    net_avg_samples 2
    temperature_unit celsius

double_buffer yes
    no_buffers yes
    text_buffer_size 2048

gap_x 10
    gap_y 30
    minimum_size 220 200
    maximum_width 228

own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorate,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager,below
    border_inner_margin 0
    border_outer_margin 0
    alignment tr

draw_shades no
    draw_outline no
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders no

override_utf8_locale yes
    use_xft yes
    xftfont ubuntu:size=8
    xftalpha 0.5
    uppercase 20

default_color FFFFFF
    color1 DDDDDD
    color2 AAAAAA
    color3 888888
    color4 666666
    color5 444444

lua_load ~/.conky/conky_clock.lua
    lua_draw_hook_post main

TEXT
    #${voffset 48}
    #${color3}${font ubuntu:size=22}${alignc}${time %e}
    #${color2}${font ubuntu:size=12}${voffset -12}$alignc${time %B}
    #${color5}${font ubuntu:size=22}${voffset -2}$alignc${time %Y}
    #${color1}${font ubuntu:size=10}${voffset -38}$alignc${time %A}
    conky_clock.lua
    Code:
    --==============================================================================
    --                                 conky_clock.lua
    --
    --  by mjjohanson based on work from SLK and londonali
    --
    --==============================================================================

require 'cairo'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --                                                                    clock DATA
    -- HOURS
    clock_h = {
        {
        name='time',                   arg='%H',                    max_value=12,
        x=114,                         y=110,
        graph_radius=72,
        graph_thickness=3,
        graph_unit_angle=30,           graph_unit_thickness=30,
        graph_bg_colour=0xffffff,      graph_bg_alpha=0.0,
        graph_fg_colour=0xFFFFFF,      graph_fg_alpha=0.3,
        txt_radius=48,
        txt_weight=1,                  txt_size=14.0,
        txt_fg_colour=0xFFFFFF,        txt_fg_alpha=0.6,
        graduation_radius=72,
        graduation_thickness=6,        graduation_mark_thickness=2,
        graduation_unit_angle=30,
        graduation_fg_colour=0xFFFFFF, graduation_fg_alpha=0.3,
        hand_start=-10,                hand_end=40,
        hand_thickness=6,              hand_line_cap=1,
        hand_colour=0xffffff,          hand_alpha=0.4,
        hand_proportion='hours',
        },
    }
    -- MINUTES
    clock_m = {
        {
        name='time',                   arg='%M',                    max_value=60,
        graph_radius=78,
        graph_thickness=2,
        graph_unit_angle=6,            graph_unit_thickness=5,
        graph_bg_colour=0xffffff,      graph_bg_alpha=0.1,
        txt_radius=90,
        txt_weight=0,                  txt_size=12.0,
        txt_fg_colour=0xFFFFFF,        txt_fg_alpha=0.6,
        graduation_radius=78,
        graduation_thickness=0,        graduation_mark_thickness=2,
        graduation_fg_colour=0xFFFFFF, graduation_fg_alpha=0.8,
        hand_start=-10,                hand_end=76,
        hand_thickness=3,              hand_line_cap=2,
        hand_proportion='minutes',
        },
    }
    -- SECONDS
    clock_s = {
        {
        name='time',                   arg='%S',                    max_value=60,
        graph_radius=66,
        graph_thickness=2,
        graph_unit_angle=6,            graph_unit_thickness=1,
        txt_radius=59,
        txt_weight=1,                  txt_size=11.0,
        txt_fg_colour=0xFFFFFF,        txt_fg_alpha=0.3,
        graduation_radius=0,
        graduation_thickness=0,        graduation_mark_thickness=0,
        graduation_unit_angle=0,
        graduation_fg_colour=0xFFFFFF, graduation_fg_alpha=0.0,
        hand_start=-20,                hand_end=50,
        hand_thickness=1,              hand_line_cap=2,
        hand_proportion='',
        },
    }
    -- UTC HOURS
    clock_u = {
        {
        name='utime',                  arg='%H',                    max_value=12,
        graph_radius=36,
        graph_thickness=1,
        graph_unit_angle=30,           graph_unit_thickness=30,
        txt_radius=42,
        txt_weight=1,                  txt_size=12.0,
        txt_fg_colour=0xaaddaa,        txt_fg_alpha=0.6,
        graduation_radius=72,
        graduation_thickness=0,        graduation_mark_thickness=0,
        hand_start=0,                  hand_end=30,
        hand_thickness=6,              hand_line_cap=1,
        hand_colour=0xaaffaa,          hand_alpha=0.3,
        hand_proportion='hours',
        },
    }

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --                                                                 rgb_to_r_g_b
    -- converts color in hexa to decimal
    --
    function rgb_to_r_g_b(colour, alpha)
        return ((colour / 0x10000) % 0x100) / 255., ((colour / 0x100) % 0x100) / 255., (colour % 0x100) / 255., alpha
    end

--                                                            angle_to_position
    -- convert degree to rad and rotate (0 degree is top/north)
    --
    function angle_to_position(start_angle, current_angle)
        local pos = current_angle + start_angle
        return ( ( pos * (2 * math.pi / 360) ) - (math.pi / 2) )
    end

--                                                              draw_clock_ring
    -- displays clock
    --
    function draw_clock_ring(display, data, value)
        local max_value = data['max_value']
        local x, y = data['x'], data['y']
        local graph_radius = data['graph_radius']
        local graph_thickness, graph_unit_thickness = data['graph_thickness'], data['graph_unit_thickness']
        local graph_unit_angle = data['graph_unit_angle']
        local graph_bg_colour, graph_bg_alpha = data['graph_bg_colour'], data['graph_bg_alpha']
        local graph_fg_colour, graph_fg_alpha = data['graph_fg_colour'], data['graph_fg_alpha']

-- background ring
        cairo_arc(display, x, y, graph_radius, 0, 2 * math.pi)
        cairo_set_source_rgba(display, rgb_to_r_g_b(graph_bg_colour, graph_bg_alpha))
        cairo_set_line_width(display, graph_thickness)
        cairo_stroke(display)

-- arc of value
        local val = (value % max_value)
        local i = 1
        while i <= val do
            cairo_arc(display, x, y, graph_radius,(  ((graph_unit_angle * i) - graph_unit_thickness)*(2*math.pi/360)  )-(math.pi/2),((graph_unit_angle * i) * (2*math.pi/360))-(math.pi/2))
            cairo_set_source_rgba(display,rgb_to_r_g_b(graph_fg_colour,graph_fg_alpha))
            cairo_stroke(display)
            i = i + 1
        end
        local angle = (graph_unit_angle * i) - graph_unit_thickness

-- graduations marks
        local graduation_radius = data['graduation_radius']
        local graduation_thickness, graduation_mark_thickness = data['graduation_thickness'], data['graduation_mark_thickness']
        local graduation_unit_angle = data['graduation_unit_angle']
        local graduation_fg_colour, graduation_fg_alpha = data['graduation_fg_colour'], data['graduation_fg_alpha']
        if graduation_radius > 0 and graduation_thickness > 0 and graduation_unit_angle > 0 then
            local nb_graduation = 360 / graduation_unit_angle
            local i = 1
            while i <= nb_graduation do
                cairo_set_line_width(display, graduation_thickness)
                cairo_arc(display, x, y, graduation_radius, (((graduation_unit_angle * i)-(graduation_mark_thickness/2))*(2*math.pi/360))-(math.pi/2),(((graduation_unit_angle * i)+(graduation_mark_thickness/2))*(2*math.pi/360))-(math.pi/2))
                cairo_set_source_rgba(display,rgb_to_r_g_b(graduation_fg_colour,graduation_fg_alpha))
                cairo_stroke(display)
                i = i + 1
            end
        end

-- text
        local txt_radius = data['txt_radius']
        local txt_weight, txt_size = data['txt_weight'], data['txt_size']
        local txt_fg_colour, txt_fg_alpha = data['txt_fg_colour'], data['txt_fg_alpha']
        local movex = txt_radius * (math.cos((angle * 2 * math.pi / 360)-(math.pi/2)))
        local movey = txt_radius * (math.sin((angle * 2 * math.pi / 360)-(math.pi/2)))
        cairo_select_font_face (display, "ubuntu", CAIRO_FONT_SLANT_NORMAL, txt_weight);
        cairo_set_font_size (display, txt_size);
        cairo_set_source_rgba (display, rgb_to_r_g_b(txt_fg_colour, txt_fg_alpha));
        cairo_move_to (display, x + movex - (txt_size / 2), y + movey + 3);
        cairo_show_text (display, value);
        cairo_stroke (display);

-- hands
        local hand_start, hand_end = data['hand_start'], data['hand_end']
        local hand_thickness = data['hand_thickness']
        local hand_colour, hand_alpha = data['hand_colour'], data['hand_alpha']
        local hand_line_cap = data['hand_line_cap']
        local hand_proportion = data['hand_proportion']
        if hand_proportion == 'hours' then
            value = value + (tonumber(conky_parse('${time %M}') / 60))
        end
        if hand_proportion == 'minutes' then
            value = value + (tonumber(conky_parse('${time %S}') / 60))
        end
        local xs = x + (hand_start * math.sin(2*math.pi*value/max_value))
        local ys = y - (hand_start * math.cos(2*math.pi*value/max_value))
        local xe = x + (hand_end * math.sin(2*math.pi*value/max_value))
        local ye = y - (hand_end * math.cos(2*math.pi*value/max_value))
        cairo_move_to (display, xs, ys);
        cairo_line_to (display, xe, ye);
        cairo_set_line_width(display, hand_thickness);
        cairo_set_line_cap(display, hand_line_cap);
        cairo_set_source_rgba(display,rgb_to_r_g_b(hand_colour, hand_alpha));
        cairo_stroke(display);    

end

--                                                               go_clock_rings
    -- loads data and displays clock
    --
    function go_clock_rings(display)
        local function load_clock_rings(display, data)
            local str, value = '', 0
            str = string.format('${%s %s}',data['name'], data['arg'])
            str = conky_parse(str)
            value = tonumber(str)
            draw_clock_ring(display, data, value)
        end

for i in pairs(clock_h) do
            load_clock_rings(display, clock_h[i])
        end
        for i in pairs(clock_m) do
            load_clock_rings(display, clock_m[i])
        end
        for i in pairs(clock_s) do
            load_clock_rings(display, clock_s[i])
        end
        for i in pairs(clock_u) do
            load_clock_rings(display, clock_u[i])
        end
    end

--                                                                         MAIN
    function conky_main()
        if conky_window == nil then 
            return
        end

local cs = cairo_xlib_surface_create(conky_window.display, conky_window.drawable, conky_window.visual, conky_window.width, conky_window.height)
        local display = cairo_create(cs)

local updates = conky_parse('${updates}')
        update_num = tonumber(updates)

if update_num > 5 then
            go_clock_rings(display)
        end

end
    conkyrc_calendar
    Code:
    #                                 conkyrc_calendar
    #
    # by mjjohanson based on work by Tirabassi
    #

background yes
    update_interval 2000

double_buffer yes
    no_buffers yes
    text_buffer_size 2048

gap_x 48
    gap_y 240
    minimum_size 180 40
    maximum_width 180

own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    border_inner_margin 1
    border_outer_margin 1
    alignment tr

draw_shades no
    draw_outline no
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders no

override_utf8_locale yes
    use_xft yes
    xftfont monospace:size=8

xftalpha 0.5
    uppercase 20

default_color 505050 #days
    color1 bbbbbb #current month
    color2 00732A #today
    color3 888888 #heading
    color4 666666
    color5 444444

lua_load ~/.conky/conky_calendar.lua

TEXT
    ${lua_parse calendar}
    conky_calendar.lua
    Code:
    -- calendar ====================================================================

-- Conky calendar
    --
    -- By mjjohanson based on work by Cesare Tirabassi and others

--[[ calendar is arrayed thus in a block of nine lines with the current date
         in the fifth line

current day is 13 March
                    S  M  T  W  T  F  S
          February 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
                   20 21 22 23 24 25 26
             March 27 28  1  2  3  4  5 (current month in separate color)
                    6  7  8  9 10 11 12
           |March| 13 14|15|16 17 18 19 (March and 15 are highlighted)
                   20 21 22 23 24 25 26
             April 27 28 29 30 31  1  2
                    3  4  5  6  7  8  9
                   10 11 12 13 14 15 16 (previous and next month in separate color)

The month appears in the left column when the first day of the month
          is in the line.
    ]]

-- Return a calendar for display
    function conky_calendar()

if conky_window == nil then return end

-- Some useful arrays
          local day_per_month = { 31, 28, 31, 30, 31, 30, 31, 31, 30, 31, 30, 31 }
          local name_of_month = { "  January ", " February ", "    March ", "    April ",
                            "      May ", "     June ", "     July ", "   August ",
                            "September ", "  October ", " November ", " December ", "  January " }

-- Retrieve current date information
          local dtable = os.date("*t")
          local to_year = dtable.year
          local to_month = dtable.month
          local to_day = dtable.day
          local to_wday = dtable.wday

-- Adjust number of days for February if it is a leap year
          if (to_year % 4 == 0) and (to_year % 100 ~= 0) or (to_year % 400 == 0) then
             day_per_month[2] = day_per_month[2] + 1
          end

-- Determine start date (upper left)
          local day = to_day - to_wday - 27
          local month = to_month
          if day < 1 then
             month = to_month - 1
             if month == 0 then month = 12 end
             day = day_per_month[month] + day
          end
          if day < 1 then
             month = to_month - 2
             if month == 0 then month = 12 end
             day = day_per_month[month] + day
          end

-- Format and print header
          local calendar = "\n     ${color2}" .. to_year .. " ${color3}Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa${color}\n" 

-- Build first four weeks
          for i = 1, 4, 1 do
             if i == 1 then
                if day <= day_per_month[month] - 6 then 
                   if day == 1 then
                      if month == to_month then 
                         calendar = calendar .. "${color1}" .. name_of_month[month]
                      else
                         calendar = calendar .. "${color}" .. name_of_month[month]
                      end
                   else
                      else
                      end
                   end
                else
                   if name_of_month[month + 1] == name_of_month[to_month] then
                      calendar = calendar .. "${color1}" .. name_of_month[month + 1] .. "${color}"
                   else
                      calendar = calendar .. name_of_month[month + 1]
                   end
                end
             else
                   if day == 1 then
                      else
                      end
                   else
                      calendar = calendar .. "          "
                   end
                else
                   calendar = calendar .. "${color1}" .. name_of_month[month + 1] .. "${color}"
                end
             end
             for j = 1, 7, 1 do
                if day < 10 then
                  calendar = calendar .. " "
                end
                calendar = calendar .. day .. " "
                day = day + 1
                if day > day_per_month[month] then
                   day = 1
                   month = month + 1
                   if month > 12 then month = 1 end
                   if month == to_month then calendar = calendar .. "${color1}" end
                end
             end
             calendar = calendar .. "\n"
          end

-- Build current week
             calendar = calendar ..  "${color2}".. name_of_month[to_month] .. "${color}"
             if month == to_month then calendar = calendar .. "${color1}" end
             for j = 1, 7, 1 do
                if day < 10 then
                  calendar = calendar .. " "
                end
                if day == to_day then
                   calendar = calendar .. "${color2}"
                   calendar = calendar .. "${color1}"
                   else
                end
                day = day + 1
                   day = 1
                   month = month + 1
                      calendar = calendar .. "${color1}" 
                   else
                      calendar = calendar .. "${color}"
                   end
                end
             end         

-- Build last four weeks
          for i = 1, 4, 1 do
                if day == 1 then
                else
                   if i == 1 and day < 7 and month ~= to_month then
                      calendar = calendar .. name_of_month[month]
                   else
                      calendar = calendar .. "          "
                   end
                end
             else
                   calendar = calendar .. "${color}" .. name_of_month[month +1] .. "${color1}"
                else
                   calendar = calendar .. name_of_month[month +1]
                end
             end
             for j = 1, 7, 1 do
                if day < 10 then calendar = calendar .. " " end
                day = day + 1
                   day = 1
                   month = month + 1
                   calendar = calendar .. "${color}"
                end
             end
          end

-- Return the calendar

return calendar

end
    conkyrc_sysmon
    Code:
    #                                 conkyrc_sysmon
    #
    #  by mjjohanson based on work from SLK
    #

background yes
    update_interval 2

cpu_avg_samples 2
    net_avg_samples 2
    temperature_unit celsius

double_buffer yes
    no_buffers yes
    text_buffer_size 2048

gap_x 44
    gap_y 390
    minimum_size 212 240
    maximum_width 212

own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    border_inner_margin 0
    border_outer_margin 0
    alignment tr

draw_shades no
    draw_outline no
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders no

override_utf8_locale yes
    use_xft yes
    xftfont caviar dreams:size=8
    xftalpha 0.5
    uppercase no

default_color FFFFFF
    color1 DDDDDD
    color2 AAAAAA
    color3 888888
    color4 666666

hddtemp_host 127.0.0.1
    hddtemp_port 7634

lua_load ~/.conky/conky_sysmon.lua
    lua_draw_hook_post main

TEXT

${voffset -2}
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=5,weight:bold}${color2}board ${hwmon 0 temp 1}\u00b0C
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=5,weight:bold}${color2}video1 ${nvidia temp}\u00b0C
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=5,weight:bold}${color2}/dev/sda ${lua_parse resolve_hddtemp /dev/sda}\u00b0C

${voffset -12}
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=7,weight:bold}${color}temperature
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=7,weight:normal}${color2}core0${alignr}${hwmon 1 temp 1}\u00b0C
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=7,weight:normal}${color2}core1${alignr}${hwmon 2 temp 1}\u00b0C
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=7,weight:normal}${color2}core2${alignr}${hwmon 3 temp 1}\u00b0C
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=7,weight:normal}${color2}core3${alignr}${hwmon 4 temp 1}\u00b0C

${voffset -12}
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=5,weight:bold}${color2}memory ${mem}
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=5,weight:bold}${color2}cycles ${cpu cpu0}%
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=5,weight:bold}${color2}loadavg 1 min ${loadavg 1}

${voffset -12}
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=7,weight:bold}${color}resources
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=7,weight:normal}${color2}uptime${alignr}${uptime}
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=7,weight:normal}${color2}processes${alignr}${processes}
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=7,weight:normal}${color2}running processes${alignr} ${running_processes}
    #floating space above to resolve single digit bug
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=7,weight:normal}${color2}entropy ${alignr}${entropy_avail}

${voffset -12}
    ${goto 90}${downspeedgraph eth3 30,130 222222 aaaaaa -l}${voffset -39}
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=5,weight:bold}${color2}download ${downspeedf eth3} KiB/s
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=5,weight:bold}${color2}upload ${upspeedf eth3}KiB/s
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=5,weight:bold}${color2}ethernet ${addr eth3}

${voffset -12}
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=7,weight:bold}${color}network/storage
    ${goto 90}${diskiograph 30,130 222222 aaaaaa}${voffset -42}
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=7,weight:normal}${color2} /home${alignr}${fs_used /home} of ${fs_size /home}
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=7,weight:normal}${color2} /${alignr}${fs_used /} of ${fs_size /}
    ${goto 90}${font Ubuntu:size=7,weight:normal}${color2} /var${alignr}${fs_used /var} of ${fs_size /var}
    conky_sysmon.lua
    Code:
    --                                 conky_sysmon.lua
    --
    -- by mjjohanson based on work from SLK and londonali

require 'cairo'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --                                                                    gauge DATA
    gauge = {
    {
        name='hwmon',                  arg='0 temp 1',              max_value=60,
        x=85,                          y=68,
        graph_radius=34,
        graph_thickness=6,
        graph_start_angle=180,
        graph_unit_angle=3.0,          graph_unit_thickness=3.0,
        graph_fg_colour=0xFFFFFF,      graph_fg_alpha=0.5,
        gradient_display=1,
        hand_fg_colour=0xEF5A29,       hand_fg_alpha=0.0,
        txt_radius=40,
        txt_weight=0,                  txt_size=8.0,
        txt_fg_colour=0xFFFFFF,        txt_fg_alpha=0.0,
        graduation_radius=28,
        graduation_thickness=0,        graduation_mark_thickness=1,
        graduation_unit_angle=27,
        caption='',
        caption_weight=1,              caption_size=8.0,
        caption_fg_colour=0xFFFFFF,    caption_fg_alpha=0.3,
    },
    {
        name='nvidia',                 arg='temp',                  max_value=80,
        graph_radius=26,
        graph_thickness=6,
        graph_start_angle=180,
        graph_unit_angle=2.25,          graph_unit_thickness=2.25,
        gradient_display=1,
        txt_radius=24,
        graduation_radius=28,
        caption='',
    },
    {
        name='hddtemp',                arg='/dev/sda',              max_value=60,
        graph_radius=18,
        graph_thickness=6,
        graph_start_angle=180,
        graph_unit_angle=3.0,          graph_unit_thickness=3.0,
        gradient_display=1,
        txt_radius=10,
        graduation_radius=28,
        caption='',
    },
    {
        name='memperc',                arg='',                      max_value=100,
        x=85,                          y=168,
        graph_radius=34,
        graph_thickness=6,
        graph_start_angle=180,
        graph_unit_angle=1.8,          graph_unit_thickness=1.8,
        gradient_display=1,
        txt_radius=40,
        graduation_radius=34,
        graduation_thickness=6,        graduation_mark_thickness=2,
        graduation_unit_angle=15,
        graduation_fg_colour=0xFFFFFF, graduation_fg_alpha=0.5,
        caption='',
    },
    {
        name='cpu',                    arg='cpu0',                  max_value=100,
        graph_radius=26,
        graph_thickness=6,
        graph_start_angle=180,
        graph_unit_angle=1.8,          graph_unit_thickness=1.8,
        gradient_display=0,
        txt_radius=18,
        graduation_radius=23,
        caption='',
    },
    {
        name='loadavg',                arg='1',                     max_value=18,
        graph_radius=18,
        graph_thickness=6,
        graph_start_angle=180,
        graph_unit_angle=10,           graph_unit_thickness=10,
        gradient_display=1,
        txt_radius=10,
        graduation_radius=23,
        caption='',
    },
    {
        name='downspeedf',             arg='eth3',                  max_value=400,
        x=85,                          y=268,
        graph_radius=34,
        graph_thickness=6,
        graph_start_angle=180,
        graph_unit_angle=0.45,         graph_unit_thickness=0.45,
        gradient_display=0,
        txt_radius=10,
        graduation_radius=23,
        caption='',
    },
    {
        name='upspeedf',               arg='eth3',                   max_value=40,
        x=85,                          y=268,
        graph_radius=26,
        graph_thickness=6,
        graph_start_angle=180,
        graph_unit_angle=4.5,           graph_unit_thickness=4.5,
        gradient_display=0,
        txt_radius=10,
        graduation_radius=23,
        caption='',
    }
    }

--                                                                 rgb_to_r_g_b
    -- converts color in hexa to decimal
    --
    function rgb_to_r_g_b(colour, alpha)
        return ((colour / 0x10000) % 0x100) / 255., ((colour / 0x100) % 0x100) / 255., (colour % 0x100) / 255., alpha
    end

--                                                            angle_to_position
    -- convert degree to rad and rotate (0 degree is top/north)
    --
    function angle_to_position(start_angle, current_angle)
        local pos = current_angle + start_angle
        return ( ( pos * (2 * math.pi / 360) ) - (math.pi / 2) )
    end

--                                                              draw_gauge_ring
    -- displays gauges
    --
    function draw_gauge_ring(display, data, value)
        local max_value = data['max_value']
        local x, y = data['x'], data['y']
        local graph_radius = data['graph_radius']
        local graph_thickness, graph_unit_thickness = data['graph_thickness'], data['graph_unit_thickness']
        local graph_start_angle = data['graph_start_angle']
        local graph_unit_angle = data['graph_unit_angle']
        local graph_bg_colour, graph_bg_alpha = data['graph_bg_colour'], data['graph_bg_alpha']
        local graph_fg_colour, graph_fg_alpha = data['graph_fg_colour'], data['graph_fg_alpha']
        local gradient = data['gradient_display']
        local hand_fg_colour, hand_fg_alpha = data['hand_fg_colour'], data['hand_fg_alpha']
        local graph_end_angle = (max_value * graph_unit_angle) % 360

-- background ring
        cairo_arc(display, x, y, graph_radius, angle_to_position(graph_start_angle, 0), angle_to_position(graph_start_angle, graph_end_angle))
        cairo_set_source_rgba(display, rgb_to_r_g_b(graph_bg_colour, graph_bg_alpha))
        cairo_stroke(display)

-- arc of value
        local val = value % (max_value + 1)
        if gradient > 0 then
            if value / max_value > 0.6 then graph_fg_colour = 0xFFFF66 end
            if value / max_value > 0.7 then graph_fg_colour = 0xFFCC33 end
            if value / max_value > 0.8 then graph_fg_colour = 0xFF9900 end
            if value / max_value > 0.9 then graph_fg_colour = 0xFF3300 end
        end
        local start_arc = 0
        local stop_arc = 0
        local i = 1
        while i <= val do
            start_arc = (graph_unit_angle * i) - graph_unit_thickness
            stop_arc = (graph_unit_angle * i)
            cairo_arc(display, x, y, graph_radius, angle_to_position(graph_start_angle, start_arc), angle_to_position(graph_start_angle, stop_arc))
            cairo_set_source_rgba(display, rgb_to_r_g_b(graph_fg_colour, graph_fg_alpha))
            cairo_stroke(display)
            i = i + 1
        end
        local angle = start_arc

-- hand
        start_arc = (graph_unit_angle * val) - (graph_unit_thickness * 2)
        stop_arc = (graph_unit_angle * val)
        cairo_arc(display, x, y, graph_radius, angle_to_position(graph_start_angle, start_arc), angle_to_position(graph_start_angle, stop_arc))
        cairo_set_source_rgba(display, rgb_to_r_g_b(hand_fg_colour, hand_fg_alpha))
        cairo_stroke(display)

-- graduations marks
        local graduation_radius = data['graduation_radius']
        local graduation_thickness, graduation_mark_thickness = data['graduation_thickness'], data['graduation_mark_thickness']
        local graduation_unit_angle = data['graduation_unit_angle']
        local graduation_fg_colour, graduation_fg_alpha = data['graduation_fg_colour'], data['graduation_fg_alpha']
        if graduation_radius > 0 and graduation_thickness > 0 and graduation_unit_angle > 0 then
            local nb_graduation = graph_end_angle / graduation_unit_angle
            local i = 0
            while i < nb_graduation do
                cairo_set_line_width(display, graduation_thickness)
                start_arc = (graduation_unit_angle * i) - (graduation_mark_thickness / 2)
                stop_arc = (graduation_unit_angle * i) + (graduation_mark_thickness / 2)
                cairo_arc(display, x, y, graduation_radius, angle_to_position(graph_start_angle, start_arc), angle_to_position(graph_start_angle, stop_arc))
                cairo_set_source_rgba(display,rgb_to_r_g_b(graduation_fg_colour,graduation_fg_alpha))
                cairo_stroke(display)
                i = i + 1
            end
        end

-- text
        local txt_radius = data['txt_radius']
        local txt_weight, txt_size = data['txt_weight'], data['txt_size']
        local txt_fg_colour, txt_fg_alpha = data['txt_fg_colour'], data['txt_fg_alpha']
        local movex = txt_radius * math.cos(angle_to_position(graph_start_angle, angle))
        local movey = txt_radius * math.sin(angle_to_position(graph_start_angle, angle))
        cairo_select_font_face (display, "ubuntu", CAIRO_FONT_SLANT_NORMAL, txt_weight)
        cairo_set_font_size (display, txt_size)
        cairo_set_source_rgba (display, rgb_to_r_g_b(txt_fg_colour, txt_fg_alpha))
        cairo_move_to (display, x + movex - (txt_size / 2), y + movey + 3)
        cairo_show_text (display, value)
        cairo_stroke (display)

-- caption
        local caption = data['caption']
        local caption_weight, caption_size = data['caption_weight'], data['caption_size']
        local caption_fg_colour, caption_fg_alpha = data['caption_fg_colour'], data['caption_fg_alpha']
        local tox = graph_radius * (math.cos((graph_start_angle * 2 * math.pi / 360)-(math.pi/2)))
        local toy = graph_radius * (math.sin((graph_start_angle * 2 * math.pi / 360)-(math.pi/2)))
        cairo_select_font_face (display, "ubuntu", CAIRO_FONT_SLANT_NORMAL, caption_weight);
        cairo_set_font_size (display, caption_size)
        cairo_set_source_rgba (display, rgb_to_r_g_b(caption_fg_colour, caption_fg_alpha))
        cairo_move_to (display, x + tox + 5, y + toy + 1)
        -- bad hack but not enough time !
        if graph_start_angle < 105 then
            cairo_move_to (display, x + tox - 30, y + toy + 1)
        end
        cairo_show_text (display, caption)
        cairo_stroke (display)
    end

--                                                               go_gauge_rings
    -- loads data and displays gauges
    --
    function go_gauge_rings(display)

local function load_gauge_rings(display, data)
            local str, value = '', 0
            str = string.format('${%s %s}',data['name'], data['arg'])
            str = conky_parse(str)
            if data['name'] == "hddtemp" then
                if str=="N/A" then 
                    str=lasthddtemp
                else
                    lasthddtemp=str
                end
            end    
            value = tonumber(str)
            if value == nil then value = 0 end
            draw_gauge_ring(display, data, value)
        end

for i in pairs(gauge) do
            load_gauge_rings(display, gauge[i])
        end

end

--                                                                         MAIN
    function conky_main()
        if conky_window == nil then 
            return
        end

local cs = cairo_xlib_surface_create(conky_window.display, conky_window.drawable, conky_window.visual, conky_window.width, conky_window.height)
        local display = cairo_create(cs)

go_gauge_rings(display)

end

--                                                              resolve_hddtemp
    -- displays old hddtemp value when new value is N/A
    --
    function conky_resolve_hddtemp(device)
        local str, value = '', 0
        str = string.format('${%s %s}', 'hddtemp', device)
        str = conky_parse(str)
        if str == "N/A" then 
            str = lasthddtemp
        else
            lasthddtemp = str
        end
        value = tonumber(str)
        if value == nil then value = 0 end
        return value

end
    conkyrc_weather (set up for weather folder under .conky)
    Code:
    #                                 conkyrc_weather
    #  
    # by mjjohanson based on work by TeoBigusGeekus
    #

background yes
    update_interval 2000

double_buffer yes
    no_buffers yes
    text_buffer_size 2048

gap_x 44
    gap_y 720
    minimum_size 170 480
    maximum_width 170

own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    border_inner_margin 1
    border_outer_margin 1
    alignment tr

draw_shades no
    draw_outline no
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders no

override_utf8_locale yes
    use_xft yes
    xftfont ubuntu:size=7

xftalpha 0.5
    uppercase 20

default_color cccccc #text
    color1 999999 #lines
    color2 aaaaaa #icons
    color3 888888 
    color4 666666
    color5 444444

lua_load ~/.conky/weather/set_icon.lua

TEXT
    ${exec sh ~/.conky/weather/conky_weather.sh}
    ${color1}${hr 1}${color2}
    ${font conkyweather:size=32}${lua_parse conky_set_icon 3}${color}${font}${voffset -30}${goto 52}${exec sed -n '3p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions | fold -s -w 28}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 52}${exec sed -n '4p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions | fold -s -w 28}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 52}${exec sed -n '5p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions | fold -s -w 28}
    ${voffset 2}   ${exec sed -n '7p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions}
    ${font conkyweather:size=32}${lua_parse conky_set_icon 9}${color}${font}${voffset -30}${goto 52}${exec sed -n '9p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions | fold -s -w 28}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 52}${exec sed -n '10p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions | fold -s -w 28}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 52}${exec sed -n '11p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions | fold -s -w 28}
    ${voffset 2}   ${exec sed -n '13p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions}
    ${font conkyweather:size=32}${lua_parse conky_set_icon 15}${color}${font}${voffset -30}${goto 52}${exec sed -n '15p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions | fold -s -w 28}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 52}${exec sed -n '16p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions | fold -s -w 28}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 52}${exec sed -n '17p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions | fold -s -w 28}
    ${voffset 2}   ${exec sed -n '19p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions}
    ${font conkyweather:size=32}${lua_parse conky_set_icon 21}${color}${font}${voffset -30}${goto 52}${exec sed -n '21p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions | fold -s -w 28}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 52}${exec sed -n '22p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions | fold -s -w 28}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 52}${exec sed -n '23p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions | fold -s -w 28}
    ${voffset 2}   ${exec sed -n '25p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions}
    ${font conkyweather:size=32}${lua_parse conky_set_icon 27}${color}${font}${voffset -30}${goto 52}${exec sed -n '27p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions | fold -s -w 28}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 52}${exec sed -n '28p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions | fold -s -w 28}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 52}${exec sed -n '29p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions | fold -s -w 28}
    ${voffset 2}   ${exec sed -n '31p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions}
    ${color1}${hr 1}${color3}
    ${font ubuntu:size=6}last update ${time %e %B %Y %H:%M}
    conky_weather.sh (set up for weather folder under .conky)
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    # by mjjohanson based on work by TeoBigusGeekus
    wget -O ~/.conky/weather/weather_data http://ical.wunderground.com/auto/ical/MN/Minneapolis.ics?units=english
    grep -E "DESCRIPTION|SUMMARY" <~/.conky/weather/weather_data >~/.conky/weather/descriptions #put description and summary lines in new file
    sed -i 's/.$//' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions #remove line feed from lines
    sed -i 's/^DESCRIPTION://' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions #remove 'description:'
    sed -i 's/^SUMMARY:[[:alpha:] ]*//' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions #remove 'summary:' and up to temp
    sed -i 's/\.\.\./ /' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions #change ellipsis to space
    sed -i 's/ \\n//' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions #remove ' \n'
    sed -i 's/\.//3' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions #remove the third dot at eol or middle if > 3 dots
    sed -i 's/$/\./' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions #add a dot to end of lines if 2 or 3 existing
    sed -i 's/\.//4' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions #remove the fourth dot to set up for next step
    sed -i 's/\./\n/g' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions #change dots to new lines, three lines per day
    sed -i 's/^[ \t]//' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions #remove leading white space
    #sed -i 's/\([0-9]\) mph/\1mph/g' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions #move mph
    sed -i 's/\([0-9]\) percent/\1%/g' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions #change percent
    sed -i 's/\([0-9]\)F/\1\u00b0/g' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions #change F to degree symbol
    sed -i '/mph/!s/\([0-9]\) /\1\u00b0 /g' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions #add degree symbol after temp in lines
    sed -i 's/\([0-9]\)$/\1\u00b0/g' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions #add degree symbol after temp at end of lines
    #sed -i 's/\([0-9]\)mph/\1 mph/g' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions #move mph back
    set_icon.lua (set up for weather folder under .conky)
    Code:
    --                                                                     set_icon
    -- parses weather line and returns letter of weather icon
    --
    function conky_set_icon(line)
       local str = "${exec sed -n \'" .. line .. "\p' ~/.conky/weather/descriptions}"
       local text = string.lower(conky_parse(str))
       if string.find(text, "tonight") then
          if string.find(text, "clear") then return("A")
          elseif string.find(text, "scattered clouds") then return("B")
          elseif string.find(text, "partly cloudy") then return("C")
          elseif string.find(text, "cloudy") then return("D")
          elseif string.find(text, "overcast") then return("D")
          elseif string.find(text, "freezing") then return("O")
          elseif string.find(text, "sleet") then return("O")
          elseif string.find(text, "flurries") then return("O")
          elseif string.find(text, "snow") then return("O")
          elseif string.find(text, "thunderstorms") then return("K")
          elseif string.find(text, "fog") then return("0")
          elseif string.find(text, "haze") then return("0")
          elseif string.find(text, "rain") then return("G")
          elseif string.find(text, "snow") then return("O")
          else
             return("-")
          end  
       else
          if string.find(text, "clear") then return("a")
          elseif string.find(text, "sunny") then return("b")
          elseif string.find(text, "scattered clouds") then return("b")
          elseif string.find(text, "partly cloudy") then return("c")
          elseif string.find(text, "mostly cloudy") then return("d")
          elseif string.find(text, "cloudy") then return("e")
          elseif string.find(text, "overcast") then return("f")
          elseif string.find(text, "chance of rain") then return("g")
          elseif string.find(text, "light rain") then return("g")
          elseif string.find(text, "freezing rain") then return("v")
          elseif string.find(text, "sleet") then return("w")
          elseif string.find(text, "chance of flurries") then return("o")
          elseif string.find(text, "chance of snow") then return("q")
          elseif string.find(text, "chance of thunderstorms") then return("m")
          elseif string.find(text, "thunderstorms") then return("n")
          elseif string.find(text, "fog") then return("0")
          elseif string.find(text, "haze") then return("7")
          elseif string.find(text, "rain") then return("i")
          elseif string.find(text, "snow") then return("r")
          else
             return("-")
          end
       end
    end
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Okay. I'm ready to share my plan for that ink level thing. I've created more LEDs for my Conky! Or, that's the plan. More indicators of ink level. And now I'm stuck, too. Mostly because I've entered an area I need a programmer's experience for.

When you use the ink -p usb command, it results in something looking like this:

Code:
    EPSON Stylus CX9400Fax

Cyan:                         100%
    Magenta:                      100%
    Yellow:                       100%
    Photoblack:                    31%
    I have everything I need except this: A way to get JUST the numbers. I can get the numbers with their percentages, but I can't seem to figure out how to get just the numbers. I need to set up an if_match statement, which I've already got the structure for in place. I need something to actually match up to. if_match doesn't do percentages. I "Vaguely" know I need sed for this, but the help file for that program just did not help me here. Anyone better at this than me is much welcomed to particpate! Here's what I've got so far, and I'll attach one complete set of LEDs (My shorthand for indicator graphic.) so it's easier to understand where I'm going with this.

Code:
    ${if_match ${execi 30 ink -p usb | grep 'Photoblack' | awk '{print 2}'} < "50%"}${image ~/Conky/Icons/LowInkBlackLED.png -p 150,57 -s 20x20}${else}${if_match ${execi 30 ink -p usb | grep 'Photoblack' | awk '{print 2}'} > "50%"}${if_match ${execi 30 ink -p usb | grep 'Photoblack' | awk '{print 2}'} < "60%"}${image ~/Conky/Icons/HalfInkBlackLED.png -p 150,57 -s 20x20}${else}${image ~/Conky/Icons/NormInkBlackLED.png -p 150,57 -s 20x20}${endif}${endif} ${if_match ${execi 30 ink -p usb | grep 'Yellow' | awk '{print 2}'} < "50%"}${image ~/Conky/Icons/LowInkYellowLED.png -p 170,57 -s 20x20}${else}${if_match ${execi 30 ink -p usb | grep 'Yellow' | awk '{print 2}'} > "50%"}${if_match ${execi 30 ink -p usb | grep 'Yellow' | awk '{print 2}'} < "60%"}${image ~/Conky/Icons/HalfInkYellowLED.png -p 170,57 -s 20x20}${else}${image ~/Conky/Icons/NormInkYellowLED.png -p 170,57 -s 20x20}${endif}${endif}${if_match ${execi 30 ink -p usb | grep 'Magenta' | awk '{print 2}'} < "50%"}${image ~/Conky/Icons/LowInkMagentaLED.png -p 190,57 -s 20x20}${else}${if_match ${execi 30 ink -p usb | grep 'Magenta' | awk '{print 2}'} > "50%"}${if_match ${execi 30 ink -p usb | grep 'Magenta' | awk '{print 2}'} < "60%"}${image ~/Conky/Icons/HalfInkMagentaLED.png -p 190,57 -s 20x20}${else}${image ~/Conky/Icons/NormInkMagentaLED.png -p 190,57 -s 20x20}${endif}${endif}${if_match ${execi 30 ink -p usb | grep 'Cyan' | awk '{print 2}'} < "50%"}${image ~/Conky/Icons/LowInkCyanLED.png -p 210,57 -s 20x20}${else}${if_match ${execi 30 ink -p usb | grep 'Cyan' | awk '{print 2}'} > "50%"}${if_match ${execi 30 ink -p usb | grep 'Cyan' | awk '{print 2}'} < "60%"}${image ~/Conky/Icons/HalfInkCyanLED.png -p 210,57 -s 20x20}${else}${image ~/Conky/Icons/NormInkBlackCyan.png -p 210,57 -s 20x20}${endif}${endif}
    And this is the command exec is calling itself in case it's too much of a headache to browse that whole thing.

Code:
    ink -p usb | grep 'Photoblack' | awk '{print 2}'
    Where am I going wrong? How do I strip off that percentage sign on the end so I can compare just the number?

*EDIT* Images attached, there are three of them, and they're small. They actually have the letters B and I in white, surrounded by a coloured square. One Red, One Yellow, and One White. Since it's hard to see against the forum all white background.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 42dorian; March 29th, 2011 at 09:25 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    Code:
    ink -p usb | grep 'Photoblack' | awk '{print 2}'
    try
    Code:
    ink -p usb | grep 'Photoblack' | awk '{print 2}' | sed 's/%//'

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Smile Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Hi MrPeachy and Crinos512 and all !

Nice things you've done here !
    It's very nice for a challenge, but all this moving things on the desktop are quite boring after some time !

Well, I've done it too last year but the post is lost in an other topic : http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=193

And here's the video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeNTK7_20wk

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by wlourf View Post
    Hi MrPeachy and Crinos512 and all !

Nice things you've done here !
    It's very nice for a challenge, but all this moving things on the desktop are quite boring after some time !

you can never have enough things moving

im trying to push the curve envelope a bit further by using multiple instances of curve_to in each curve and having the conky variables affect the curves in many different ways.
    my goal is to have the whole edge of the figure continuous and seamless so you wont be able to tell where one curve ends and the next begins (you can at the moment)

anyway, no conky setup ever stays on my desktop for more than a few days once im done with it

the challenge is indeed the thing!
    Last edited by mrpeachy; March 29th, 2011 at 10:08 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    try
    Code:
    ink -p usb | grep 'Photoblack' | awk '{print 2}' | sed 's/%//'
    Worked great, but now I have to fix the code so that it doesn't kill Conky. I think I have problems with my if statements. I'll get back to you on it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Well it looked like you guys were having all the fun with the printer stuff in conky and I happen to have a tiny bit of desktop space still free...so I thought I'd see if it worked on my system as well.

I just reinstalled everything the other day and actually hadn't printed anything yet, so I was a bit concerned when ink couldn't tell me anything. I checked to make sure I actually could print and I'm happy to say that I can.

While looking for the print test page button I came across this

Looks like I'm out of luck.

It could have been so much worse
    Thank you,
    GG -----------

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyGaijin View Post
    Well it looked like you guys were having all the fun with the printer stuff in conky and I happen to have a tiny bit of desktop space still free...so I thought I'd see if it worked on my system as well.

I just reinstalled everything the other day and actually hadn't printed anything yet, so I was a bit concerned when ink couldn't tell me anything. I checked to make sure I actually could print and I'm happy to say that I can.

While looking for the print test page button I came across this

Looks like I'm out of luck.

It could have been so much worse
    They're unrelated. Try going back and giving yourself group rights to all those other groups mentioned earlier. Then log out, log back in, and try ink again. ink -p usb is the command.

It also depends on how your printer is attached.

Page 1681 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 6811181158116311671167916801681168216831691173117812181 ... LastLast