Page 1660 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 6601160156016101650165816591660166116621670171017602160 ... LastLast
Results 16,591 to 16,600 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    Okay, well, as I said pretty clearly, as long as the image is 72DPI, it will work. Don't go with anything else. It causes problems when you do. Like, the image not showing at all kind of problems. Stick to 72DPI.
    Thanks, have questions no more. 72DPI period!

You started out copying a difficult Conky. That's bad. Starting with the default Conky is best, and just editing the code to toy with it. You actually did the opposite of what you intended. As dumb as it might sound, start with the Conky Wiki. Look at the environment variables pages and the conky objects page. Start there, not someone's Conky.
    I don't know if this script is too hard for newb like me but as you can see from the screenshot I can managed to make it work. But, I had a minor issue with the font (that solved with changed it to another font). So it was not about hope someone else fixed it for me but I just asked if some fonts have common issue in conky.

Yes, of course I did some read before jumped in to any script. The Wiki, conkys blog, conky-pitsop, and some other threads before I started copying and modifying someone's script. But well, it is impossible to master everything in few days.

YOU didn't clutter up anything. VinDSL, and I say this with much love for the guy (He really is a great guy, not lying here), changed his format to something very experimental a few weeks ago and now every other day there's 3 or 4 questions about it "Not Working" for the person. Never the same thing twice, but all resulting from them copying his Conky setup. The guy needs a disclaimer on his posts. "Don't copy this unless you know what you're doing already."

I use funky fonts and a lot of data on mine, so I don't need such a disclaimer. Most people just run screaming from mine. HE, on the other hand, is very popular, and should really put some disclaimers for new users in place. Starting simpler than that, something you don't see is complete. That's where you should start. Not a full blown Conky setup like his or mine. To get to where you are trying to go, you gotta start from scratch, or close to it. BIG rookie mistake going straight for VinDSL's script.

Before his changeover to the complex setup, we'd get one shy new person out of the blue saying "Hey, my system has this instead, how do I change that?" Or "I see this, can I add this section to it?" And all was well. Now we're getting stuff like yours. "Hey, this is broken. What did I do wrong?" Or, much worse, "Anyone willing to fix this for me? I copied it from VinDSL and I don't know what to do." It's kinda frustrating when you want them to start from scratch so they know what they did. It was so much easier to understand before VinDSL did his switchover. He's experimenting with formatting to accommodate the troubled Conky 1.8.1 installs, and he's also toying with more than one version of Linux. So his script is a little experimental. Not good for a beginner.

It's also why I write so much. I'm trying to explain to any new person who stumbles on this exchange of troubleshooting that this is probably their problem too. They aimed too high on the ladder, thinking upside-down as I used to call it. They were expecting one thing to be true, when the opposite was. "I'm not ready to start from scratch" actually is the opposite of true. "I'm not ready to blindly copy someone else's Conky setup" is what is true.
    Thanks but your suggestion is uncommon. The common one is to start from using somebody's script, modify it, and then start to make it ourself. And my personal opinion, that is more logical and easier path to walk on.

So my problem here is not because I use a complex script but because it is vinDSL's. sigh... I posted here in the wrong time... and wrote the wrong name...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by karmila View Post
    Thanks, have questions no more. 72DPI period!

I don't know if this script is too hard for newb like me but as you can see from the screenshot I can managed to make it work. But, I had a minor issue with the font (that solved with changed it to another font). So it was not about hope someone else fixed it for me but I just asked if some fonts have common issue in conky.

Yes, of course I did some read before jumped in to any script. The Wiki, conkys blog, conky-pitsop, and some other threads before I started copying and modifying someone's script. But well, it is impossible to master everything in few days.

Thanks but your suggestion is uncommon. The common one is to start from using somebody's script, modify it, and then start to make it ourself. And my personal opinion, that is more logical and easier path to walk on.

So my problem here is not because I use a complex script but because it is vinDSL's. sigh... I posted here in the wrong time... and wrote the wrong name...
    Yes yes, it is logical to start with someone else's and break it down. But, not VinDSL's. In starting simpler than that, one that doesn't have everything you want, it forces you to learn. By all means, copy someone else's work. Mine is relatively well laid out and easy to copy chunks of (even though the amount of code I have can freak some people out). Sector11, who just spoke up a post ago, has masses of Conky code to nab from. VinDSL's on the other hand, is so neat and tidy that everyone wants his. By all means, ASPIRE to that. But, when starting out, start with someone else's, and learn from it before stepping it up to VinDSL's. There was a time, only a few weeks ago, when doing what you did would've got you a pat on the back from the rest of us. Now it's much wiser to go with someone else's Conky and try, for yourself, to emulate VinDSL's Conky.

You say you were at various other places like Conky Pitstop. Well, you were in the right place to get plenty of other source code. And you did a lot of reading on the Conky Wiki. But I don't mean you didn't read anything before starting. I mean that you should try, for yourself, to look at the reference they have to see what all the objects are in any given Conky. Most new people slip up in the use of the "${goto}" and "${voffset}" commands. That used to be the most severe problem we had advice for. And had you looked further at how other people have their weather sections, you would've seen your answer with those flags I showed you. Not your fault, it's just been a lot more necessary to look at these things since Vin went and got experimental on all of us. His layout and spacing changes based on what sections you have commented out. Not just one chunk or another, his entire spacing is effected by what does or does not show up. With a heartbeat anyone who has been at this a while sees where his spacing changes effect the rest of Conky. Was a time before he was experimenting when this wasn't as necessary. Those same slight differences effect things like the degree symbol or the unit of temperature that kaivalagi's weather script uses.

Now, @Sector11, yes, indeed other DPI levels "Work" with Conky. But not in every situation. The safest, easiest response, is to keep to 72DPI, since that works on all flavours of window manager, including compiz and XFCE4's compositor, and several versions of Linux, be it K/X/L/Ubuntu, Crunchbang, Mint, Puppy, Whatever. I'd rather keep to 72 DPI than interrogate every person who ever has a problem with images, trying to find out they tried Compiz and the image isn't showing up because Conky in Compiz doesn't like 96DPI images for some unknown reason.

Again. LOTS of text to read because some newer people may need to learn from this experience. Not that I'm mad about it, just that it would solve a lot of problems if VinDSL didn't have his experiment going.

Beans

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    wget -q http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/realtime/eit_304/512/latest.jpg -O /home/me/john/sun.jpg
    is it possible to get this script to auto crop out a bit of the borders of this pic?
    just want to get right of the text at the lower left, but would prefer to cut alot of the black around the borders out as well.
    Is there a command that does that?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Arminius View Post
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    wget -q http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/data/realtime/eit_304/512/latest.jpg -O /home/me/john/sun.jpg
    is it possible to get this script to auto crop out a bit of the borders of this pic?
    just want to get right of the text at the lower left, but would prefer to cut alot of the black around the borders out as well.
    Is there a command that does that?
    You could install graphicmagick from the repositories and then add a gm command to the script to crop it.

See http://www.graphicsmagick.org/convert.html

Here is what it says about cropping:

crop <width>x<height>{+-}<x>{+-}<y>{%}

preferred size and location of the cropped image
    Thank you,
    GG -----------

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by ddnev45 View Post
    Looks like the wallpaper issue with KDE.

Use to be that you needed to use feh to set the wallpaper after KDE starts up - see post 11705, as well as the rest on this page..

I'm not sure if that is still the current, most efficient way to have a transparent conky window with KDE, you may be better off using the ARGB settings in conky.
    Yea thanks everything that I've found keeps pointing to "feh" but I've tried it and it still doesn't seem to work. Is there something else that I'm missing? The only other thing I can think of is that my conky is using lua to draw the background, is there a possible conflict there?
    Ubuntu 16.04 / Linux 18
    “To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up your Windows
    box, you just need to work on it”.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny87 View Post
    Yea thanks everything that I've found keeps pointing to "feh" but I've tried it and it still doesn't seem to work. Is there something else that I'm missing? The only other thing I can think of is that my conky is using lua to draw the background, is there a possible conflict there?
    Possibly, but I don't use KDE so I can't be sure. Go ahead and try it without using lua to draw the background and let us know how it goes.

Post the conkyrc too, maybe something simple a KDE user will spot.
    The mark of an honest man ... is that he means what he says and knows what he means.
    A.R.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: March 2011 Data Dump

Your draw_bg.lua says that you killed the memory leak. Awesome! I'll look over it and see if I can spot the changes. Great news for this script!!!
    Thinkpad T430, Intel i5-3320M (Ivy), 8GB RAM, Intel HD 4000, 500GB HDD: Xubuntu 20.04 LTS 64bit

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: March 2011 Data Dump

My comment was for this post... Again, awesome news!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    17-MAR-2011 UPDATE
    Ubuntu 10.10 / Conky 1.8.1 / Lua / Gnome (Click to expand)

Ubuntu 11.04 / Conky 1.8.0 / Lua / Unity (Click to expand)

~/home/username/.conkyrc
    Code:
    ##################################
    ## VinDSL | rev. 11-03-17 00:39 ##
    ##     March Madness Series     ##

## ¡PLEASE READ THE FINE PRINT! ##

####
    ## Development Platforms (optional)
    #
    #  Ubuntu 10.10 'Maverick Meerkat'
    #  Ubuntu 11.04 'Natty Narwhal'

####
    ## Prerequisites (required)
    #
    #  conky-all 1.8.0 or 1.8.1
    #  conkyForecast 2.16 or newer 
    #  Weather.com XML Data Feed (XOAP)
    #  UTF-8 Compatible Text Editor

####
    ## Installed fonts (required)
    #
    #  ConkyWeather (Stanko Metodiev)
    #  ConkyWindNESW (Stanko Metodiev)
    #  Cut Outs for 3D FX (Fonts & Things)
    #  Droid Font Family (Google Android SDK)
    #  Moon Phases (Curtis Clark)
    #  OpenLogos (Icoma)
    #  PizzaDude Bullets (Jakob Fischer)
    #  Radio Space (Iconian Fonts)
    #  StyleBats (Vinterstille)
    #  Ubuntu Font Family (Canonical Ltd)
    #  Ubuntu Title Bold (Paulo Silva)
    #  Weather (Jonathan Macagba)

####
    ## Use XFT? Required to Force UTF8 (see below)
    #
    use_xft yes
    xftfont DroidSans:size=8.75
    xftalpha 0.1
    text_buffer_size 2048

####
    ## Force UTF8? Requires XFT (see above)
    ## Displays degree symbol, instead of °, etc.
    #
    override_utf8_locale yes

####
    ## Daemonize Conky, aka 'fork to background'.
    #
    background yes

####
    ## Update interval in seconds.
    #
    update_interval 1.5

####
    ## This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
    ## Set to zero to run forever.
    #
    total_run_times 0

####
    ## Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)?
    #
    own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes

####
    ## Force images to redraw when they change.
    #
    imlib_cache_size 0

####
    ## Use double buffering? Reduces flicker.
    #
    double_buffer yes

####
    ## Draw shades?
    #
    draw_shades no

####
    ## Draw outlines?
    #
    draw_outline no

####
    ## Draw borders around text?
    #
    draw_borders no

####
    ## Draw borders around graphs?
    #
    draw_graph_borders no

####
    ## Print text to stdout?
    ## Print text in console?
    #
    out_to_ncurses no
    out_to_console no

####
    ## Text alignment.
    #
    alignment top_right

####
    ## Minimum size of text area.
    #
    minimum_size 240 0

####
    ## Gap between text and screen borders.
    #
    gap_x 8
    gap_y 31

####
    ## Shorten MiB/GiB to M/G in stats.
    #
    short_units yes

####
    ## Pad % symbol spacing after numbers.
    #
    pad_percents 0

####
    ## Pad spacing between text and borders.
    #
    border_inner_margin 4

####
    ## Limit the length of names in "Top Processes".
    #
    top_name_width 10

####
    ## Subtract file system -/+buffers/cache from used memory?
    ## Set to yes, to produce meaningful physical memory stats.
    #
    no_buffers yes

####
    ## Set to yes, if you want all text to be in UPPERCASE.
    #
    uppercase no

####
    ## Number of cpu samples to average.
    ## Set to 1 to disable averaging.
    #
    cpu_avg_samples 2

####
    ## Number of net samples to average.
    ## Set to 1 to disable averaging.
    #
    net_avg_samples 2

####
    ## Add spaces to keep things from moving around?
    ## Only affects certain objects.
    #
    use_spacer right

####
    ## My colors (suit yourself)
    #
    color0 White
    color1 Ivory
    color2 Ivory2
    color3 Ivory3
    color4 Tan1
    color5 Tan2
    color6 Gray
    color7 AntiqueWhite4
    color8 DarkSlateGray
    color9 Black

#####
    ## Load Lua for shading (optional)
    ## Set the path to your script here.
    #
    lua_load ~/.conky/draw_bg.lua
    lua_draw_hook_pre draw_bg

####
    ## Load Lua for bargraphs (required)
    ## Set the path to your script here.
    #
    lua_load ~/.conky/bargraph_small.lua
    lua_draw_hook_post main_bars

TEXT
    ##             LOGO             ##
    ####
    ## Uncomment the following for Ubuntu 10.10 (variable)
    #  ${voffset -33}${font OpenLogos:size=103}${color2}v${font}${voffset -76}${goto 178}${font UbuntuTitleBold:size=19.6}${color4}${pre_exec lsb_release -r -s}${font}
    ####
    ## Uncomment the following for Ubuntu 11.04 (hard-coded)
    ${voffset -33}${font OpenLogos:size=103}${color2}v${font}${voffset -76}${goto 178}${font UbuntuTitleBold:size=19.6}${color4}${offset 1}1${offset 5}1${offset 2}.04${font}
    ##            SYSTEM            ##
    ${voffset 20}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.25}${color4}SYSTEM${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font OpenLogos:size=10}${color2}u${voffset -4}${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}${sysname}${offset 5}${kernel}${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.45}${machine}${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}A${voffset -1}${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Intel${offset 3}P4${offset 3}Extreme${offset 3}Edition${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${freq_g cpu0}${offset 1}GHz${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}q${voffset -1}${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}System${offset 3}Uptime${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.4}${uptime_short}${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}o${voffset -1}${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}File${offset 3}System${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.5}${fs_type}${font}
    ##          PROCESSORS          ##
    ${voffset 6}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}PROCESSORS${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color3}${offset 2}CPU1${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${cpu cpu1}%${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color3}${offset 2}CPU2${offset 5}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${cpu cpu2}%${font}
    ##            MEMORY            ##
    ${voffset 6}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}MEMORY${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}l${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 3}RAM${goto 97}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${mem}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${memmax}${alignr}${memperc}%${font}
    ##             HDD              ##
    ${voffset 16}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}HDD${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 5}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 4}ROOT${goto 95}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${fs_used /}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /}%${font}
    ${voffset 15}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 4}HOME${goto 95}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${fs_used /home}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /home}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home}%${font}
    ${voffset 15}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}4${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.3}${color3}${offset 4}SWAP${goto 95}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${swap}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${swapmax}${alignr}${swapperc}%${font}
    ##         TOP PROCESSES        ##
    ${voffset 16}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}TOP PROCESSES${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:size=8.75}${color3}${offset 5}${top_mem name 1}${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${top_mem mem_res 1}${alignr}${top_mem mem 1}%${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:size=8.75}${color3}${offset 5}${top_mem name 2}${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${top_mem mem_res 2}${alignr}${top_mem mem 2}%${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:size=8.75}${color3}${offset 5}${top_mem name 3}${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${top_mem mem_res 3}${alignr}${top_mem mem 3}%${font}
    ${voffset 2}${if_running rhythmbox}${voffset -16}${else}${if_running banshee}${voffset -16}${else}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:size=8.75}${color3}${offset 5}${top_mem name 4}${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${top_mem mem_res 4}${alignr}${top_mem mem 4}%${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:size=8.75}${color3}${offset 5}${top_mem name 5}${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${top_mem mem_res 5}${alignr}${top_mem mem 5}%${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font DroidSans:size=8.75}${color3}${offset 5}${top_mem name 6}${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${top_mem mem_res 6}${alignr}${top_mem mem 6}%${endif}${endif}${font}
    ##           NETWORK            ##
    ${voffset 6}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}NETWORK${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.5}${color3}${offset 5}Private${offset 3}IP${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${addr eth0}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.5}${color3}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${execi 1800 wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/[^[:digit:]\|.]//g'}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}T${font DroidSans:size=8.5}${color3}${offset 5}Down${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${downspeed eth0}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}N${font DroidSans:size=8.5}${color3}${offset 5}Up${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${upspeed eth0}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}T${font DroidSans:size=8.5}${color3}${offset 5}Downloaded${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${totaldown eth0}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}N${font DroidSans:size=8.5}${color3}${offset 5}Uploaded${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${totalup eth0}${font}
    ##            WEATHER           ##
    ${voffset 6}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}WEATHER${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${goto 59}${font Weather:size=38}${color2}y${font}${voffset -33}${offset 14}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d HT -i}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font Ubuntu:size=24}${color4}${alignc}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d CT}${font}
    ${voffset 10}${goto 20}${font ConkyWindNESW:size=41}${color3}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d BS}${font}${voffset -40}${goto 98}${font ConkyWeather:size=45}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d WF}${font}${voffset -39}${goto 188}${font MoonPhases:size=32}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d MF}${font}
    ${voffset 6}${goto 28}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8.45}${color4}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d WS -i| sed -e 's/calm'/'\$\{offset 2}Calm/g' -e 's/mph'/'\$\{offset 2}mph/g'}${goto 88}Feels like ${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d LT -ui}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast -d MP| sed -e 's/First.*'/'\$\{goto 182}First Qtr/g' -e 's/Last.*'/'\$\{goto 184}Last Qtr/g' -e 's/New.*'/'\$\{goto 195}New/g' -e 's/Full.*'/'\$\{goto 195}Full/g' -e 's/Waning.*'/'\$\{goto 187}Waning/g' -e 's/Waxing.*'/'\$\{goto 187}Waxing/g'}${font}
    ${voffset 9}${goto 36}${font DroidSansMono:bold:size=8.35}${color3}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d DW -s 1 -w}${goto 89}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d DW -s 2 -w}${goto 143}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d DW -s 3 -w}${goto 197}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d DW -s 4 -w}${font}
    ${voffset 2}${goto 25}${font ConkyWeather:size=32}${color3}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d WF -s 1 -e 4 -S 1}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${goto 25}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.5}${color4}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d HT -s 1 -ui}${offset 2}/${offset 2}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d LT -s 1 -ui}${goto 79}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d HT -s 2 -ui}${offset 2}/${offset 2}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d LT -s 2 -ui}${goto 133}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d HT -s 3 -ui}${offset 2}/${offset 2}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d LT -s 3 -ui}${goto 187}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d HT -s 4 -ui}${offset 2}/${offset 2}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d LT -s 4 -ui}${font}
    ##             TIME             ##
    ${voffset 6}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}TIME${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset -4}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${if_match ${time %l}<=9}${alignc 7}${time %l:%M%p}${else}${if_match ${time %l}>=10}${alignc -1}${time %l:%M%p}${endif}${endif}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=6.85}${color4}${alignc 2}Sunrise${offset 1}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d SR}${color3}${offset 2}|${offset 2}${color4}Sunset${offset 1}${execi 1800 conkyForecast -d SS}${font}
    ##           CALENDAR           ##
    ${voffset 4}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}DATE${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 16}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color3}${alignc 60}${time %A}${font}
    ${voffset -4}${if_match ${time %e}<=9}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=18}${color5}${alignc 65}${time %e}${font}${else}${if_match ${time %e}>=10}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=18}${color5}${alignc 60}${time %e}${endif}${endif}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color3}${alignc 60}${time %B}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.6}${color3}${alignc 60}${time %Y}${font}
    ####
    ## Uncomment the following for Conky 1.8.0
    ${voffset -75}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color3}${execpi 60 VinDSL_Cal_8=`date +%-d`; cal -h | sed -e '1d' -e s/^/"\$\{offset 100"\}/ -e 's/\<'"$VinDSL_Cal_8"'\>/${color4}&${color3}/'}${font}
    ####
    ## Uncomment the following for Conky 1.8.1
    #  ${voffset -75}${offset 100}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color3}${execpi 60 VinDSL_Cal_8=`date +%-d`; cal -h | sed -e '1d' -e 's/\<'"$VinDSL_Cal_8"'\>/${color4}&${color3}/'}${font}
    ####
    ${voffset -99}${font CutOutsFor3DFX:size=67}${color8}${alignc 99}2${font}
    ##          RHYTHMBOX           ##
    ${if_running rhythmbox}${voffset 22}${font DroidSans:bold:size=7.75}${color4}RHYTHMBOX${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 10}${font DroidSans:size=8.25}${color3}${alignc}${if_match "${execpi 2 expr length "`/usr/bin/rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %tt | head -n 1`"}" >= "45"}${scroll 40 5* ${execi 2 rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %tt --no-start}}${font}${else}${execi 2 rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format %tt --no-start}${endif}${endif}${font}
    ##    BANSHEE (Experimental)    ##
    ${if_running banshee}${voffset 10}${font DroidSans:bold:size=7.75}${color4}BANSHEE${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${voffset 22}${endif}${font}
    ${if_running banshee}${if_match "${execi 5 banshee --query-current-state --no-present}"!="idle"}${voffset -13}${font DroidSans:size=8.25}${color3}${alignc}${if_match "${execpi 10 expr length "`banshee --query-title --no-present | cut -f2- -d" "`"}" >= "45"}${scroll 40 5* ${execi 10 banshee --query-title --no-present | cut -f2- -d" "}}${font}${else}${execi 10 banshee --query-title --no-present | cut -f2- -d" "}${endif}${endif}${endif}${font}
    ~/home/username/.conky/draw_bg.lua
    Code:
    --[[    Background by londonali1010 (2009)
        VinDSL Background Hack (2010-2011)

This script draws a background to the Conky window. It covers the whole of the Conky window, but you can specify rounded corners, if you wish.

To call this script in Conky, use (assuming you have saved this script to ~/scripts/):
        lua_load ~/scripts/draw_bg.lua
        lua_draw_hook_pre draw_bg

Changelog:
        + v3.0    VinDSL Hack (01.28.2011) Killed memory leak.
        + v2.4    VinDSL Hack (01.25.2011) Declared all variables in local.
        + v2.3    VinDSL Hack (12.31.2010) Added shading example(s).
        + v2.2    VinDSL Hack (12.30.2010) Cleaned up the code a bit.
        + v2.1    VinDSL Hack (12.24.2010) Added cairo destroy function(s).
        + v2.0    VinDSL Hack (12.21.2010) Added height adjustment variable.
        + v1.0    Original release (07.10.2009)

]]

--------------START OF PARAMETERS ------------
    -- Change these settings to affect your background:

-- "corner_r" is the radius, in pixels, of the rounded corners. If you don't want rounded corners, use 0.

local corner_r = 50

-- Set the colour and transparency (alpha) of your background (0.00 - 0.99).

--    (Light Shading Example)
    --    local bg_colour = 0x4d4d4d
    --    local bg_alpha = 0.50

--    (Medium Shading Example)
    --    local bg_colour = 0x222222

--    (Dark Shading Example)
    --    local bg_colour = 0x000000

local bg_colour = 0x222222
        local bg_alpha = 0.20

-- Tweaks the height of your background, in pixels. If you don't need to adjust the height, use 0.

--    (Default Setting)
    --    local vindsl_hack_height = 0

local vindsl_hack_height = -228
    ---------------END OF PARAMETERS -------------

require 'cairo'
    local    cs, cr = nil

local function rgb_to_r_g_b(colour,alpha)
        return ((colour / 0x10000) % 0x100) / 255., ((colour / 0x100) % 0x100) / 255., (colour % 0x100) / 255., alpha
        end

function conky_draw_bg()
        if conky_window == nil then return end
        if cs == nil then cairo_surface_destroy(cs) end
        if cr == nil then cairo_destroy(cr) end
        local w = conky_window.width
        local h = conky_window.height
        local v = vindsl_hack_height
        local cs = cairo_xlib_surface_create(conky_window.display, conky_window.drawable, conky_window.visual, conky_window.width, conky_window.height)
        local cr = cairo_create(cs)

cairo_move_to(cr,corner_r,0)
        cairo_line_to(cr,w-corner_r,0)
        cairo_curve_to(cr,w,0,w,0,w,corner_r)
        cairo_line_to(cr,w,h+v-corner_r)
        cairo_curve_to(cr,w,h+v,w,h+v,w-corner_r,h+v)
        cairo_line_to(cr,corner_r,h+v)
        cairo_curve_to(cr,0,h+v,0,h+v,0,h+v-corner_r)
        cairo_line_to(cr,0,corner_r)
        cairo_curve_to(cr,0,0,0,0,corner_r,0)
        cairo_close_path(cr)

cairo_set_source_rgba(cr,rgb_to_r_g_b(bg_colour,bg_alpha))
        cairo_fill(cr)

cairo_surface_destroy(cs)
        cairo_destroy(cr)
        end
    ~/home/username/.conky/bargraph_small.lua
    Code:
    --[[ BARGRAPH WIDGET
        v2.1 by wlourf (07 Jan. 2011)
        this widget draws a bargraph with different effects 
        http://u-scripts.blogspot.com/2010/07/bargraph-widget.html

To call the script in a conky, use, before TEXT
        lua_load /path/to/the/script/bargraph.lua
        lua_draw_hook_pre main_rings
    and add one line (blank or not) after TEXT

Parameters are :
    3 parameters are mandatory
    name    - the name of the conky variable to display, for example for {$cpu cpu0}, just write name="cpu"
    arg        - the argument of the above variable, for example for {$cpu cpu0}, just write arg="cpu0"
              arg can be a numerical value if name=""
    max        - the maximum value the above variable can reach, for example, for {$cpu cpu0}, just write max=100

Optional parameters:
    x,y        - coordinates of the starting point of the bar, default = middle of the conky window
    cap        - end of cap line, ossibles values are r,b,s (for round, butt, square), default="b"
              http://www.cairographics.org/samples/set_line_cap/
    angle    - angle of rotation of the bar in degress, default = 0 (i.e. a vertical bar)
              set to 90 for an horizontal bar
    skew_x    - skew bar around x axis, default = 0
    skew_y    - skew bar around y axis, default = 0
    blocks  - number of blocks to display for a bar (values >0) , default= 10
    height    - height of a block, default=10 pixels
    width    - width of a block, default=20 pixels
    space    - space between 2 blocks, default=2 pixels
    angle_bar    - this angle is used to draw a bar on a circular way (ok, this is no more a bar !) default=0
    radius        - for cicular bars, internal radius, default=0
                  with radius, parameter width has no more effect.

Colours below are defined into braces {colour in hexadecimal, alpha}
    fg_colour    - colour of a block ON, default= {0x00FF00,1}
    bg_colour    - colour of a block OFF, default = {0x00FF00,0.5}
    alarm        - threshold, values after this threshold will use alarm_colour colour , default=max
    alarm_colour - colour of a block greater than alarm, default=fg_colour
    smooth        - (true or false), create a gradient from fg_colour to bg_colour, default=false 
    mid_colour    - colours to add to gradient, with this syntax {position into the gradient (0 to1), colour hexa, alpha}
                  for example, this table {{0.25,0xff0000,1},{0.5,0x00ff00,1},{0.75,0x0000ff,1}} will add
                  3 colurs to gradient created by fg_colour and alarm_colour, default=no mid_colour
    led_effect    - add LED effects to each block, default=no led_effect
                  if smooth=true, led_effect is not used
                  possibles values : "r","a","e" for radial, parallelel, perdendicular to the bar (just try!)
                  led_effect has to be used with theses colours :
    fg_led        - middle colour of a block ON, default = fg_colour
    bg_led        - middle colour of a block OFF, default = bg_colour
    alarm_led    - middle colour of a block > ALARM,  default = alarm_colour

reflection parameters, not avaimable for circular bars
    reflection_alpha    - add a reflection effect (values from 0 to 1) default = 0 = no reflection
                          other values = starting opacity
    reflection_scale    - scale of the reflection (default = 1 = height of text)
    reflection_length   - length of reflection, define where the opacity will be set to zero
                          calues from 0 to 1, default =1
    reflection            - position of reflection, relative to a vertical bar, default="b"
                          possibles values are : "b","t","l","r" for bottom, top, left, right
    draw_me     - if set to false, text is not drawn (default = true or 1)
                  it can be used with a conky string, if the string returns 1, the text is drawn :
                  example : "${if_empty ${wireless_essid wlan0}}${else}1$endif",

v1.0 (10 Feb. 2010) original release
    v1.1 (13 Feb. 2010) numeric values can be passed instead conky stats with parameters name="", arg = numeric_value    
    v1.2 (28 Feb. 2010) just renamed the widget to bargraph
    v1.3 (03 Mar. 2010) added parameters radius & angle_bar to draw the bar in a circular way
    v2.0 (12 Jul. 2010) rewrite script + add reflection effects and parameters are now set into tables
    v2.1 (07 Jan. 2011) Add draw_me parameter and correct memory leaks, thanks to "Creamy Goodness"

--      This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
    --      it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
    --      the Free Software Foundation version 3 (GPLv3)
    --     
    --      This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    --      but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    --      MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the
    --      GNU General Public License for more details.
    --     
    --      You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
    --      along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
    --      Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston,
    --      MA 02110-1301, USA.        

]]

require 'cairo'

----------------START OF PARAMETERS ----------
    function conky_main_bars()
        local bars_settings={
            {    --[ Graph for CPU1 ]--
                name="cpu",
                arg="cpu1",
                max=100,
                alarm=50,
                alarm_colour={0xFF0000,0.72},
                bg_colour={0xFFFFFF,0.25},
                fg_colour={0x00FF00,0.55},
                mid_colour={{0.45,0xFFFF00,0.70}},
                x=80,y=155,
                blocks=55,
                space=1,
                height=2,width=5,
                angle=90,
                smooth=true
                },
            {    --[ Graph for CPU2 ]--
                name="cpu",
                arg="cpu2",
                max=100,
                alarm=50,
                x=80,y=169,
                blocks=55,
                space=1,
                height=2,width=5,
                angle=90,
                smooth=true
                },
            {    --[ Graph for Memory ]--
                name="memperc",
                arg="",
                max=100,
                alarm=50,
                x=15,y=218,
                blocks=77,
                space=1,
                height=2,width=5,
                angle=90,
                smooth=true
                },
            {    --[ Graph for Root ]--
                            name="fs_used_perc",
                arg="/",
                max=100,
                alarm=50,
                x=15,y=263,
                blocks=77,
                space=1,
                height=2,width=5,
                angle=90,
                smooth=true
                },    
            {    --[ Graph for Home ]--
                name="fs_used_perc",
                arg="/home",
                max=100,
                alarm=50,
                x=15,y=290,
                blocks=77,
                space=1,
                height=2,width=5,
                angle=90,
                smooth=true
                },    
                {    --[ Graph for Swap ]--
                            name="swapperc",
                arg="",
                max=100,
                alarm=50,
                x=15,y=317,
                blocks=77,
                space=1,
                height=2,width=5,
                angle=90,
                smooth=true
                },
             }    
    -----------END OF PARAMETERS--------------

if conky_window == nil then return end

local cs = cairo_xlib_surface_create(conky_window.display, conky_window.drawable, conky_window.visual, conky_window.width, conky_window.height)

cr = cairo_create(cs)    
        --prevent segmentation error when reading cpu state
        if tonumber(conky_parse('${updates}'))>3 then
            for i in pairs(bars_settings) do

draw_multi_bar_graph(bars_settings[i])

end
        end
        cairo_destroy(cr)
        cairo_surface_destroy(cs)
        cr=nil

end

function draw_multi_bar_graph(t)
        cairo_save(cr)
        --check values
        if t.draw_me == true then t.draw_me = nil end
        if t.draw_me ~= nil and conky_parse(tostring(t.draw_me)) ~= "1" then return end    
        if t.name==nil and t.arg==nil then 
            print ("No input values ... use parameters 'name' with 'arg' or only parameter 'arg' ") 
            return
        end
        if t.max==nil then
            print ("No maximum value defined, use 'max'")
            return
        end
        if t.name==nil then t.name="" end
        if t.arg==nil then t.arg="" end

--set default values    
        if t.x == nil        then t.x = conky_window.width/2 end
        if t.y == nil        then t.y = conky_window.height/2 end
        if t.blocks == nil    then t.blocks=10 end
        if t.height == nil    then t.height=10 end
        if t.angle == nil     then t.angle=0 end
        t.angle = t.angle*math.pi/180
        --line cap style
        if t.cap==nil        then t.cap = "b" end
        local cap="b"
        for i,v in ipairs({"s","r","b"}) do 
            if v==t.cap then cap=v end
        end
        local delta=0
        if t.cap=="r" or t.cap=="s" then delta = t.height end
        if cap=="s" then     cap = CAIRO_LINE_CAP_SQUARE
        elseif cap=="r" then
            cap = CAIRO_LINE_CAP_ROUND
        elseif cap=="b" then
            cap = CAIRO_LINE_CAP_BUTT
        end
        --end line cap style
        --if t.led_effect == nil    then t.led_effect="r" end
        if t.width == nil    then t.width=20 end
        if t.space == nil    then t.space=2 end
        if t.radius == nil    then t.radius=0 end
        if t.angle_bar == nil    then t.angle_bar=0 end
        t.angle_bar = t.angle_bar*math.pi/360 --halt angle

--colours
        if t.bg_colour == nil     then t.bg_colour = {0x00FF00,0.5} end
        if #t.bg_colour~=2         then t.bg_colour = {0x00FF00,0.5} end
        if t.fg_colour == nil     then t.fg_colour = {0x00FF00,1} end
        if #t.fg_colour~=2         then t.fg_colour = {0x00FF00,1} end
        if t.alarm_colour == nil     then t.alarm_colour = t.fg_colour end
        if #t.alarm_colour~=2         then t.alarm_colour = t.fg_colour end

if t.mid_colour ~= nil then    
            for i=1, #t.mid_colour do    
                if #t.mid_colour[i]~=3 then 
                    print ("error in mid_color table")
                    t.mid_colour[i]={1,0xFFFFFF,1} 
                end
            end
        end

if t.bg_led ~= nil and #t.bg_led~=2    then t.bg_led = t.bg_colour end
        if t.fg_led ~= nil and #t.fg_led~=2    then t.fg_led = t.fg_colour end
        if t.alarm_led~= nil and #t.alarm_led~=2 then t.alarm_led = t.fg_led end

if t.led_effect~=nil then
            if t.bg_led == nil then t.bg_led = t.bg_colour end
            if t.fg_led == nil     then t.fg_led = t.fg_colour end
            if t.alarm_led == nil  then t.alarm_led = t.fg_led end
        end

if t.alarm==nil then t.alarm = t.max end --0.8*t.max end
        if t.smooth == nil then t.smooth = false end

if t.skew_x == nil then 
            t.skew_x=0 
        else
            t.skew_x = math.pi*t.skew_x/180    
        end
        if t.skew_y == nil then 
            t.skew_y=0
        else
            t.skew_y = math.pi*t.skew_y/180    
        end

if t.reflection_alpha==nil then t.reflection_alpha=0 end
        if t.reflection_length==nil then t.reflection_length=1 end
        if t.reflection_scale==nil then t.reflection_scale=1 end

--end of default values

local function rgb_to_r_g_b(col_a)
            return ((col_a[1] / 0x10000) % 0x100) / 255., ((col_a[1] / 0x100) % 0x100) / 255., (col_a[1] % 0x100) / 255., col_a[2]
        end

--functions used to create patterns

local function create_smooth_linear_gradient(x0,y0,x1,y1)
            local pat = cairo_pattern_create_linear (x0,y0,x1,y1)
            cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba (pat, 0, rgb_to_r_g_b(t.fg_colour))
            cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba (pat, 1, rgb_to_r_g_b(t.alarm_colour))
            if t.mid_colour ~=nil then
                    cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba (pat, t.mid_colour[i][1], rgb_to_r_g_b({t.mid_colour[i][2],t.mid_colour[i][3]}))
                end
            end
            return pat
        end

local function create_smooth_radial_gradient(x0,y0,r0,x1,y1,r1)
            local pat =  cairo_pattern_create_radial (x0,y0,r0,x1,y1,r1)
            cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba (pat, 0, rgb_to_r_g_b(t.fg_colour))
            cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba (pat, 1, rgb_to_r_g_b(t.alarm_colour))
            if t.mid_colour ~=nil then
                    cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba (pat, t.mid_colour[i][1], rgb_to_r_g_b({t.mid_colour[i][2],t.mid_colour[i][3]}))
                end
            end
            return pat
        end

local function create_led_linear_gradient(x0,y0,x1,y1,col_alp,col_led)
            local pat = cairo_pattern_create_linear (x0,y0,x1,y1) ---delta, 0,delta+ t.width,0)
            cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba (pat, 0.0, rgb_to_r_g_b(col_alp))
            cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba (pat, 0.5, rgb_to_r_g_b(col_led))
            cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba (pat, 1.0, rgb_to_r_g_b(col_alp))
            return pat
        end

local function create_led_radial_gradient(x0,y0,r0,x1,y1,r1,col_alp,col_led,mode)
            local pat = cairo_pattern_create_radial (x0,y0,r0,x1,y1,r1)
            if mode==3 then
                cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba (pat, 0, rgb_to_r_g_b(col_alp))                
                cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba (pat, 0.5, rgb_to_r_g_b(col_led))
                cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba (pat, 1, rgb_to_r_g_b(col_alp))                
            else
                cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba (pat, 0, rgb_to_r_g_b(col_led))
                cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba (pat, 1, rgb_to_r_g_b(col_alp))                
            end
            return pat
        end

local function draw_single_bar()
            --this fucntion is used for bars with a single block (blocks=1) but 
            --the drawing is cut in 3 blocks : value/alarm/background
            --not zvzimzblr for circular bar
            local function create_pattern(col_alp,col_led,bg)
                local pat

if not t.smooth then
                    if t.led_effect=="e" then
                        pat = create_led_linear_gradient (-delta, 0,delta+ t.width,0,col_alp,col_led)
                    elseif t.led_effect=="a" then
                        pat = create_led_linear_gradient (t.width/2, 0,t.width/2,-t.height,col_alp,col_led)
                    elseif  t.led_effect=="r" then
                        pat = create_led_radial_gradient (t.width/2, -t.height/2, 0, t.width/2,-t.height/2,t.height/1.5,col_alp,col_led,2)
                    else
                        pat = cairo_pattern_create_rgba  (rgb_to_r_g_b(col_alp))
                    end
                else
                    if bg then
                        pat = cairo_pattern_create_rgba  (rgb_to_r_g_b(t.bg_colour))
                    else
                        pat = create_smooth_linear_gradient(t.width/2, 0, t.width/2,-t.height)
                    end
                end
                return pat
            end

local y1=-t.height*pct/100
            local y2,y3
            if pct>(100*t.alarm/t.max) then 
                y1 = -t.height*t.alarm/100
                y2 = -t.height*pct/100
                if t.smooth then y1=y2 end
            end

if t.angle_bar==0 then

--block for fg value
                local pat = create_pattern(t.fg_colour,t.fg_led,false)
                cairo_set_source(cr,pat)
                cairo_rectangle(cr,0,0,t.width,y1)
                cairo_fill(cr)
                cairo_pattern_destroy(pat)

-- block for alarm value            
                if not t.smooth and y2 ~=nil then 
                    pat = create_pattern(t.alarm_colour,t.alarm_led,false)
                    cairo_set_source(cr,pat)
                    cairo_rectangle(cr,0,y1,t.width,y2-y1)
                    cairo_fill(cr)
                    y3=y2
                else
                    y2,y3=y1,y1
                end
                -- block for bg value
                cairo_rectangle(cr,0,y2,t.width,-t.height-y3)
                pat = create_pattern(t.bg_colour,t.bg_led,true)
                cairo_set_source(cr,pat)
                cairo_fill(cr)
            end        
        end  --end single bar

local function draw_multi_bar()
            --function used for bars with 2 or more blocks
            for pt = 1,t.blocks do 
                --set block y
                local y1 = -(pt-1)*(t.height+t.space)
                local light_on=false

--set colors
                local col_alp = t.bg_colour
                local col_led = t.bg_led
                if pct>=(100/t.blocks) or pct>0 then --ligth on or not the block
                    if pct>=(pcb*(pt-1))  then 
                        light_on = true
                        col_alp = t.fg_colour
                        col_led = t.fg_led
                        if pct>=(100*t.alarm/t.max) and (pcb*pt)>(100*t.alarm/t.max) then 
                            col_alp = t.alarm_colour 
                            col_led = t.alarm_led 
                        end
                    end
                end

--set colors
                --have to try to create gradients outside the loop ?
                local pat 

if not t.smooth then
                    if t.angle_bar==0 then
                        if t.led_effect=="e" then
                            pat = create_led_linear_gradient (-delta, 0,delta+ t.width,0,col_alp,col_led)
                        elseif t.led_effect=="a" then
                            pat = create_led_linear_gradient (t.width/2, -t.height/2+y1,t.width/2,0+t.height/2+y1,col_alp,col_led)                    
                        elseif  t.led_effect=="r" then
                            pat = create_led_radial_gradient (t.width/2, y1, 0, t.width/2,y1,t.width/1.5,col_alp,col_led,2)    
                        else
                        end
                    else
                         if t.led_effect=="a"  then
                             pat = create_led_radial_gradient (0, 0, t.radius+(t.height+t.space)*(pt-1),
                                                             0, 0, t.radius+(t.height+t.space)*(pt),                         
                                                 col_alp,col_led,3)    
                        else
                        end

end
                else

if light_on then
                        if t.angle_bar==0 then
                            pat = create_smooth_linear_gradient(t.width/2, t.height/2, t.width/2,-(t.blocks-0.5)*(t.height+t.space))
                        else
                            pat = create_smooth_radial_gradient(0, 0, (t.height+t.space),  0,0,(t.blocks+1)*(t.height+t.space),2)
                        end
                    else        
                        pat = cairo_pattern_create_rgba  (rgb_to_r_g_b(t.bg_colour))
                    end
                end
                cairo_set_source (cr, pat)

--draw a block
                if t.angle_bar==0 then
                    cairo_move_to(cr,0,y1)
                    cairo_line_to(cr,t.width,y1)
                else        
                    cairo_arc( cr,0,0,
                        t.radius+(t.height+t.space)*(pt)-t.height/2,
                         -t.angle_bar -math.pi/2 ,
                         t.angle_bar -math.pi/2)
                end
                cairo_stroke(cr)
            end    
        end

local function setup_bar_graph()
            --function used to retrieve the value to display and to set the cairo structure
            if t.blocks ~=1 then t.y=t.y-t.height/2 end

local value = 0
            if t.name ~="" then
                value = tonumber(conky_parse(string.format('${%s %s}', t.name, t.arg)))
                --$to_bytes doesn't work when value has a decimal point,
                --https://garage.maemo.org/plugins/ggit/browse.php/?p=monky;a=commitdiff;h=174c256c81a027a2ea406f5f37dc036fac0a524b;hp=d75e2db5ed3fc788fb8514121f67316ac3e5f29f
                --http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3000865&group_id=143975&atid=757310
                --conky bug?
                --value = (conky_parse(string.format('${%s %s}', t.name, t.arg)))
                --if string.match(value,"%w") then
                --    value = conky_parse(string.format('${to_bytes %s}',value))
                --end
            else
                value = tonumber(t.arg)
            end

if value==nil then value =0 end

pct = 100*value/t.max
            pcb = 100/t.blocks

cairo_set_line_width (cr, t.height)
            cairo_set_line_cap  (cr, cap)
            cairo_translate(cr,t.x,t.y)
            cairo_rotate(cr,t.angle)

local matrix0 = cairo_matrix_t:create()
            tolua.takeownership(matrix0)
            cairo_matrix_init (matrix0, 1,t.skew_y,t.skew_x,1,0,0)
            cairo_transform(cr,matrix0)

--call the drawing function for blocks
            if t.blocks==1 and t.angle_bar==0 then
                draw_single_bar()
                if t.reflection=="t" or t.reflection=="b" then cairo_translate(cr,0,-t.height) end
            else
                draw_multi_bar()
            end

--dot for reminder
            --[[
            if t.blocks ~=1 then
                cairo_set_source_rgba(cr,1,0,0,1)
                cairo_arc(cr,0,t.height/2,3,0,2*math.pi)
                cairo_fill(cr)
            else
                cairo_set_source_rgba(cr,1,0,0,1)
                cairo_arc(cr,0,0,3,0,2*math.pi)
                cairo_fill(cr)
            end]]

--call the drawing function for reflection and prepare the mask used        
            if t.reflection_alpha>0 and t.angle_bar==0 then
                local pat2
                local matrix1 = cairo_matrix_t:create()
                tolua.takeownership(matrix1)
                if t.angle_bar==0 then
                    pts={-delta/2,(t.height+t.space)/2,t.width+delta,-(t.height+t.space)*(t.blocks)}
                    if t.reflection=="t" then
                        cairo_matrix_init (matrix1,1,0,0,-t.reflection_scale,0,-(t.height+t.space)*(t.blocks-0.5)*2*(t.reflection_scale+1)/2)
                        pat2 = cairo_pattern_create_linear (t.width/2,-(t.height+t.space)*(t.blocks),t.width/2,(t.height+t.space)/2)
                    elseif t.reflection=="r" then
                        cairo_matrix_init (matrix1,-t.reflection_scale,0,0,1,delta+2*t.width,0)
                        pat2 = cairo_pattern_create_linear (delta/2+t.width,0,-delta/2,0)
                    elseif t.reflection=="l" then
                        cairo_matrix_init (matrix1,-t.reflection_scale,0,0,1,-delta,0)
                        pat2 = cairo_pattern_create_linear (-delta/2,0,delta/2+t.width,-0)
                    else --bottom
                        cairo_matrix_init (matrix1,1,0,0,-1*t.reflection_scale,0,(t.height+t.space)*(t.reflection_scale+1)/2)
                        pat2 = cairo_pattern_create_linear (t.width/2,(t.height+t.space)/2,t.width/2,-(t.height+t.space)*(t.blocks))
                    end
                end
                cairo_transform(cr,matrix1)

if t.blocks==1 and t.angle_bar==0 then
                    draw_single_bar()
                    cairo_translate(cr,0,-t.height/2) 
                else
                    draw_multi_bar()
                end

cairo_set_line_width(cr,0.01)
                cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba (pat2, 0,0,0,0,1-t.reflection_alpha)
                cairo_pattern_add_color_stop_rgba (pat2, t.reflection_length,0,0,0,1)
                if t.angle_bar==0 then
                    cairo_rectangle(cr,pts[1],pts[2],pts[3],pts[4])
                end
                cairo_clip_preserve(cr)
                cairo_set_operator(cr,CAIRO_OPERATOR_CLEAR)
                cairo_stroke(cr)
                cairo_mask(cr,pat2)
                cairo_pattern_destroy(pat2)
                cairo_set_operator(cr,CAIRO_OPERATOR_OVER)

end --reflection
            pct,pcb=nil
        end --setup_bar_graph()

--start here !
        setup_bar_graph()
        cairo_restore(cr)
    end
    ~/home/username/.conkyForecast.config
    Code:
    # Config settings for conkyForecast.py
    #------- START OF PARAMETERS --------
    CACHE_FOLDERPATH = /tmp/
    CONNECTION_TIMEOUT = 5
    EXPIRY_MINUTES = 30
    TIME_FORMAT = %l:%M%p
    DATE_FORMAT = %d %b %Y
    LOCALE = en
    DEFAULT_LOCATION = paste your weather.com LOCATION ID here
    XOAP_PARTNER_ID =  paste your weather.com PARTNER ID here
    XOAP_LICENCE_KEY = paste your weather.com LICENSE KEY here
    MAXIMUM_DAYS_FORECAST = 4
    #-------- END OF PARAMETERS --------
    # WARNING!!! LEAVE THE FOLLOWING LINE UNMOLESTED! DON'T ALTER IT! DON'T EDIT IT! LEAVE IT ALONE! LOCATION/ID/KEY WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE INCLUDED.
    BASE_XOAP_URL = http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/<LOCATION>?cc=*&dayf=5&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=<XOAP_PARTNER_ID>&key=<XOAP_LICENCE_KEY>&unit=m
    ~/home/username/.config/autostart/conky-start-delayed.sh
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    sleep 30 && DISPLAY=:0.0 conky;
    Thinkpad T430, Intel i5-3320M (Ivy), 8GB RAM, Intel HD 4000, 500GB HDD: Xubuntu 20.04 LTS 64bit

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by karmila View Post
    Hi Tom, really nice conky
    Thanks, but I have a question... how is it you figured out my name? I am pretty sure that I never stated it here

Oh and if anyone wants the pre-made Conky setup I'm using, here it is. I'll probably customize it some more to make it more my own (all I really did to it was add in the additional monitors for the extra cores threads acting as cores and slightly modify the Disk section to show my Windows installation as well as Ubuntu) later.
    No longer active here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by 42dorian View Post
    Yes yes, it is logical to start with someone else's and break it down. But, not VinDSL's. In starting simpler than that, one that doesn't have everything you want, it forces you to learn. By all means, copy someone else's work. Mine is relatively well laid out and easy to copy chunks of (even though the amount of code I have can freak some people out). Sector11, who just spoke up a post ago, has masses of Conky code to nab from. VinDSL's on the other hand, is so neat and tidy that everyone wants his. By all means, ASPIRE to that. But, when starting out, start with someone else's, and learn from it before stepping it up to VinDSL's. There was a time, only a few weeks ago, when doing what you did would've got you a pat on the back from the rest of us. Now it's much wiser to go with someone else's Conky and try, for yourself, to emulate VinDSL's Conky.

You say you were at various other places like Conky Pitstop. Well, you were in the right place to get plenty of other source code. And you did a lot of reading on the Conky Wiki. But I don't mean you didn't read anything before starting. I mean that you should try, for yourself, to look at the reference they have to see what all the objects are in any given Conky. Most new people slip up in the use of the "${goto}" and "${voffset}" commands. That used to be the most severe problem we had advice for. And had you looked further at how other people have their weather sections, you would've seen your answer with those flags I showed you. Not your fault, it's just been a lot more necessary to look at these things since Vin went and got experimental on all of us. His layout and spacing changes based on what sections you have commented out. Not just one chunk or another, his entire spacing is effected by what does or does not show up. With a heartbeat anyone who has been at this a while sees where his spacing changes effect the rest of Conky. Was a time before he was experimenting when this wasn't as necessary. Those same slight differences effect things like the degree symbol or the unit of temperature that kaivalagi's weather script uses.

Now, @Sector11, yes, indeed other DPI levels "Work" with Conky. But not in every situation. The safest, easiest response, is to keep to 72DPI, since that works on all flavours of window manager, including compiz and XFCE4's compositor, and several versions of Linux, be it K/X/L/Ubuntu, Crunchbang, Mint, Puppy, Whatever. I'd rather keep to 72 DPI than interrogate every person who ever has a problem with images, trying to find out they tried Compiz and the image isn't showing up because Conky in Compiz doesn't like 96DPI images for some unknown reason.

Again. LOTS of text to read because some newer people may need to learn from this experience. Not that I'm mad about it, just that it would solve a lot of problems if VinDSL didn't have his experiment going.
    Okay man, I got your messages

Greetings

Quote Originally Posted by Quadunit404 View Post
    Thanks, but I have a question... how is it you figured out my name? I am pretty sure that I never stated it here
    No you didn't but your conkyrc did

Page 1660 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 6601160156016101650165816591660166116621670171017602160 ... LastLast