Page 1600 of 2325 FirstFirst ... 6001100150015501590159815991600160116021610165017002100 ... LastLast
Results 15,991 to 16,000 of 23243

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

  1. #15991
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    195

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by duanedesign View Post
    I think we could build a really nice resource if we had a thread that was just .conkyrc files and screenshots. When I think of a .conkyrc and screenshot thread I think of something like this. The posts are formatted consistently helping you browse the screenshots and quickly reference the .conkyrc files and the discussions are kept to a minimum. A great reference for users looking to build/modify their conky setup. I think I counted aprox. 10 posts out of 110 in this thread that actually had a screenshot and a .conkyrc file in them.

    respectfully,
    duanedesign
    Respectfully, that's true until you realize we, for the most part, have always talked about the changing Conky issues and how they interact with our scripts, in the "Old" thread as well. 1.8.1 had problems with executable scripts, and we discussed, at length, the ways different screenshots showed proof of it. When one of us was just flat out confused *Raises Hand* then we hashed it out step by step. If others want help, in the case of Conky and it's friendly Python and LUA/Cairo scripts, they need to see the long steps and see we interact with eachother in a warm and inviting way. Conky doesn't convert well to a static reference, since it changes so rapidly over time. The addition and use of the scripts and the Grep/Awk work that we've been using in our .conkyrc files is not something we can just put on display and say "This is the code, this is the screenshot, I'm gonna shut up now." As mrpeachy or VinDSL how many times we've had to spend dozens of posts asking them how they did something, you'll see what I mean.

    Having a gallery of recent Screenshots and the accompanying scripts would be nice, but without seeing how we all interact as a little community surrounding Conky wouldn't serve any good to anyone. You can end up high and dry with Conky when you don't know how to program. Conky is a program that not only Programmers use, so having a welcoming community around it supports it's wide use.

  2. #15992
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Beans
    413

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    sorry guy's I missed that whole section of the thread where someone replied to my question about making countdown that cycles over.

    The Code looks great
    Code:
    #/bin/bash
    
    #################################################################################
    # This is a script that count down from STARTDAY by COUNTDAYS day number	#
    # --										#
    # Usage:									#
    # payday-count.sh 2011-01-3 14							#
    # means "first payday at 3 January 2011" and it will repeat every 14 days	#
    #################################################################################
    
    printf -v _TEMP "%s %s" $(date -d "$1" +%y%t%j)
    i=0; for x in $_TEMP; do START[$i]=$(echo $[10#$x]); let $[i++]; done
    COUNTDAYS=$(echo $[10#$2])
    printf -v _TEMP "%s %s" $(date +%y%t%j)
    i=0; for x in $_TEMP; do TODAY[$i]=$(echo $[10#$x]); let $[i++]; done
    printf "%02d" "$[((((((${TODAY[0]}-${START[0]})*365)+${TODAY[1]}-${START[1]})/COUNTDAYS)+1)*COUNTDAYS)-(((${TODAY[0]}-${START[0]})*365)+${TODAY[1]}-${START[1]})]"
    exit 0
    But I'm still very newbish with conky and am having trouble getting it to display? could someone dumb it down slightly?

  3. #15993
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by duanedesign View Post
    I think we could build a really nice resource if we had a thread that was just .conkyrc files and screenshots. When I think of a .conkyrc and screenshot thread I think of something like this. The posts are formatted consistently helping you browse the screenshots and quickly reference the .conkyrc files and the discussions are kept to a minimum. A great reference for users looking to build/modify their conky setup. I think I counted aprox. 10 posts out of 110 in this thread that actually had a screenshot and a .conkyrc file in them.

    respectfully,
    duanedesign
    That's because the #! Forums have two conky threads:
    1. My Conky Config - as you pointed out, and
    2. Conky Help

    that help keep things sorted out. It's still a bit mixed up though, but it is a better way of doing things.

    This thread, the "offspring of the MEGA thread by the same name, started in 2006, was originally a request for help. And the OP never came back!

    However over the years it grew to be the place everyone, from all distos, came for conky "help" as well as to display what they had/could do with conky.

    This new thread is young enough that with a bit of work by Ubuntu staff it could be split into two:

    1. Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots
      • and keep it for screenshots and the files that created it (bash, LUA etc files as well & links to K's conkyName.py scripts if needed)
      • multiple conkyrc files and scripts can be archived and attached as well, if the person chooses to.
    2. Conky - Help and HowTo's
      • pretty self explanatory I think.


    All of the above is just my 2¢ worth!

  4. #15994
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    52°38'41.6"N/1°19'43.6"E
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Why not rename this thread to be a Conky Help thread, and any worthy setups can go into a new thread with an appropriate title?
    I doubt it would take very long to sort out and wouldn't need the moderators help would it? Just the help of the OP of the thread to edit the title right?

  5. #15995
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Under a rock
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    I should read the posts above i guess

    Like sector11 and others here, I post in the #! conky threads , there is indeed a separate screenshot/config and conky help threads, but still the config side isn't restricted to just

    - here's the screenshot

    - here's the code

    i wouldn't want a thread that was restrictive like that

    i liked the old thread just fine, sometimes you would log on and there were 5 pages of new posts that were mostly "help me!" 's
    sometimes its tricky to know what should go where

    EDIT - i would also say that perhaps the #! thread is small enough to be self regulating, while the conky thread here is significantly more active and would need intervention more often in terms of which post belongs where
    Last edited by mrpeachy; February 13th, 2011 at 12:44 AM.

  6. #15996
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    QLD, Australia
    Beans
    495
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Hi, I seem to have an issue with my conky loading at startup. When I loggin and conky starts up it always seem to put its self above all other windows and stays there. The only way to correct this is to run;
    Code:
    killall conky
    to kill it, then;
    Code:
    conky
    to start it again. I find my self doing this every time I boot which I find tedious and frustrating.

    Here is my conky (modified from Vindsl)
    Code:
    ##################################
    ## VinDSL | rev. 10-12-30 20:45 ##
    ##    Modified by Jonny87 2011   ##
    ##################################
    
    ####
    ## Use XFT? Required to Force UTF8 (see below).
    #
    use_xft yes
    xftfont LiberationSans:size=8.85
    xftalpha 0.7
    text_buffer_size 2048
    
    ####
    ## Force UTF8? Requires XFT (see above).
    ## Displays degree symbol, instead of °, etc.
    #
    override_utf8_locale yes
    
    ####
    ## Update interval in seconds.
    #
    update_interval 1.5
    
    ####
    ## This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
    ## Set to zero to run forever.
    #
    total_run_times 0
    
    ####
    ## Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)?
    #
    own_window yes
    own_window_colour eeeeee
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    
    ####
    ## Use double buffering? Reduces flicker.
    #
    double_buffer yes
    
    ####
    ## Draw shades?
    #
    draw_shades no
    
    ####
    ## Draw outlines?
    #
    draw_outline no
    
    ####
    ## Draw borders around text?
    #
    draw_borders no
    
    ####
    ## Draw borders around graphs?
    #
    draw_graph_borders no
    
    ####
    ## Print text to stdout?
    ## Print text in console?
    #
    out_to_ncurses no
    out_to_console no
    
    ####
    ## Text alignment.
    #
    alignment top_right
    
    ####
    ## Minimum size of text area.
    #
    minimum_size 235 0
    
    ####
    ## Gap between text and screen borders.
    #
    gap_x 20
    gap_y 20
    
    ####
    ## Shorten MiB/GiB to M/G in stats.
    #
    short_units yes
    
    ####
    ## Pad % symbol spacing after numbers.
    #
    pad_percents 0
    
    ####
    ## Pad spacing between text and borders.
    #
    border_inner_margin 4
    
    ####
    ## Limit the length of names in "Top Processes".
    #
    top_name_width 10
    
    ####
    ## Subtract file system -/+buffers/cache from used memory?
    ## Set to yes, to produce meaningful physical memory stats.
    #
    no_buffers yes
    
    ####
    ## Set to yes, if you want all text to be in UPPERCASE.
    #
    uppercase no
    
    ####
    ## Number of cpu samples to average.
    ## Set to 1 to disable averaging.
    #
    cpu_avg_samples 2
    
    ####
    ## Number of net samples to average.
    ## Set to 1 to disable averaging.
    #
    net_avg_samples 2
    
    ####
    ## Add spaces to keep things from moving around?
    ## Only affects certain objects.
    #
    use_spacer right
    
    ####
    ## My colors (suit yourself).
    #
    color0 White
    color1 Ivory
    color2 Ivory2
    color3 Ivory3
    color4 Tan1
    color5 Tan2
    color6 white
    color7 AntiqueWhite4
    color8 DarkSlateGray
    color9 Black
    
    ####
    ## Load Lua for shading (optional).
    ## Set the path to your script here.
    #
    lua_load ~/.conky/draw_bg.lua
    lua_draw_hook_pre draw_bg
    
    ####
    ## Installed fonts (required).
    #
    # ConkyWeather (Stanko Metodiev)
    # ConkyWindNESW (Stanko Metodiev)
    # Cut Outs for 3D FX (Fonts & Things)
    # Liberation Mono (Ascender Corp)
    # Liberation Sans (Ascender Corp)
    # Moon Phases (Curtis Clark)
    # OpenLogos (Icoma)
    # PizzaDude Bullets (Jakob Fischer)
    # Radio Space (Iconian Fonts)
    # StyleBats (Vinterstille)
    # Ubuntu (Canonical Ltd)
    # Ubuntu Title Bold (Paulo Silva)
    # Weather (Jonathan Macagba)
    # WenQuanYi Micro Hei (Google Corp)
    
    TEXT
    ##################
    ##     LOGO     ##
    ##################
    ${voffset -33}${font OpenLogos:size=103}${color2}v${font}${voffset -76}${goto 178}${font UbuntuTitleBold:size=20}${color4}10.10${font}
    ##################
    ##    SYSTEM    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 20}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}SYSTEM${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font OpenLogos:size=10}${color2}u${voffset -4}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${sysname}${offset 5}${kernel}${alignr}${machine}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}A${voffset -1}${font}${color6}${offset 5}Intel${offset 3}P4${offset 3}Extreme${offset 3}Edition${alignr}${freq_g cpu0}${offset 1}GHz
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}q${voffset -1}${font}${color6}${offset 5}Uptime${alignr}${uptime}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}o${voffset -1}${font}${color6}${offset 5}File${offset 3}System${alignr}${fs_type}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}b${voffset -1}${font}${color6}${offset 5}Updates${alignr}${execi 5 aptitude search "~U" | wc -l | tail} 
    ##################
    ##  PROCESSORS  ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}PROCESSORS${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 2}CPU1${offset 5}${cpu cpu1}%${color7}${alignr 2}${if_match ${cpu}<=50}${color green}${else}${if_match ${cpu}<=70}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${cpu}>70}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${cpubar 4,153 cpu1}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 2}CPU2${offset 5}${cpu cpu2}%${color7}${alignr 2}${if_match ${cpu}<=50}${color green}${else}${if_match ${cpu}<=70}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${cpu}>70}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${cpubar 4,153 cpu2}
    ##################
    ##    MEMORY    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}MEMORY${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}l${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 3}RAM${goto 97}${mem}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${memmax}${alignr}${memperc}%
    ${color7}${alignr 2}${if_match ${memperc}<=50}${color green}${else}${if_match ${memperc}<=70}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${memperc}>70}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${membar 4,230}
    ##################
    ##     HDD      ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 2}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}HDD${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}ROOT${goto 95}${fs_used /}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /}${alignr}${offset -5}${fs_free /}${offset 5}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /}<=60}${color green}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /}<=85}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /}>85}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${fs_free_perc /}%
    ${color7}${alignr 2}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /}<=60}${color green}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /}<=85}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /}>85}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${fs_bar 4,230 /}
    
    ${voffset 1}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}HOME${goto 95}${fs_used /home}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /home}${alignr}${offset -5}${fs_free /home}${offset 5}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /home}<=60}${color green}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /home}<=85}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /home}>85}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${fs_free_perc /home}%
    ${color7}${alignr 2}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /home}<=60}${color green}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /home}<=85}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /home}>85}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${fs_bar 4,230 /home}
    
    ${voffset 1}${if_mounted /media/Library}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}LIBRARY${goto 95}${fs_used /media/Library}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /media/Library}${alignr}${offset -5}${fs_free /media/Library}${offset 5}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/Library}<=60}${color green}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/Library}<=85}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/Library}>85}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${fs_free_perc /media/Library}%
    ${color7}${alignr 2}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/Library}<=60}${color green}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/Library}<=85}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/Library}>85}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${fs_bar 4,230 /media/Library}${endif}
    
    ${voffset 1}${if_mounted /media/External\ Backups}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}LIBRARY${goto 95}${fs_used /media/External\ Backups}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /media/External\ Backups}${alignr}${offset -5}${fs_free /media/External\ Backups}${offset 5}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/External\ Backups}<=60}${color green}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/External\ Backups}<=85}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/External\ Backups}>85}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${fs_free_perc /media/External\ Backups}%
    ${color7}${alignr 2}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/External\ Backups}<=60}${color green}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/External\ Backups}<=85}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/External\ Backups}>85}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${fs_bar 4,230 /media/External\ Backups}${endif}
    ##################
    # TOP PROCESSES ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 3}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}TOP PROCESSES${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 1}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 1}${alignr}${top_mem mem 1}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 2}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 2}${alignr}${top_mem mem 2}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 3}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 3}${alignr}${top_mem mem 3}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 4}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 4}${alignr}${top_mem mem 4}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 5}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 5}${alignr}${top_mem mem 5}%
    ##################
    ##   NETWORK    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}NETWORK${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color2}a${font}${color6}${offset 5}Private${offset 3}IP${alignr}${addr eth0}
    ${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color2}a${font}${color6}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${alignr}${execi 1800 wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/[^[:digit:]\|.]//g'}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color2}T${font}${color6}${offset 5}Down${alignr}${downspeed eth0}
    ${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color2}N${font}${color6}${offset 5}Up${alignr}${upspeed eth0}
    ${voffset -15}
    ${execi 5 vnstat -u -i eth0}
    ${font}${color6}${goto 75}Down${color6}${goto 145}Up${color6}${goto 212}Total
    ${font}${color6}Yesterday: ${color6}${goto 75}${execi 1 vnstat -i eth0 | grep "yesterday" | awk '{print $2 $3}'}${color6}${goto 145}${execi 10 vnstat -i eth0 | grep "yesterday" | awk '{print $5 $6}'}${color6}${goto 212}${execi 10 vnstat -i eth0 | grep "yesterday" | awk '{print $8 $9}'}
        ${color6}${offset 10}Today: ${color6}${goto 75}${execi 10 vnstat -i eth0 | grep "today" | awk '{print $2 $3}'}${color6}${goto 145}${execi 1 vnstat -i eth0 | grep "today" | awk '{print $5 $6}'}${color6}${goto 212}${execi 1 vnstat -i eth0 | grep "today" | awk '{print $8 $9}'}
         ${color6}${offset 10}Week: ${color6}${goto 75}${execi 10 vnstat -w -i eth0 | grep "current week" | awk '{print $3 $4}'}${color6}${goto 145}${execi 10 vnstat -w -i eth0 | grep "current week" | awk '{print $6 $7}'}${color6}${goto 212}${execi 10 vnstat -w -i eth0 | grep "current week" | awk '{print $9 $10}'}
        ${color6}${offset 10}Month: ${color6}${goto 75}${execi 10 vnstat -m -i eth0 | grep "`date +"%b '%y"`" | awk '{print $3 $4}'}${color6}${goto 145}${execi 10 vnstat -m -i eth0 | grep "`date +"%b '%y"`" | awk '{print $6 $7}'}${color6}${goto 212}${execi 10 vnstat -m -i eth0 | grep "`date +"%b '%y"`" | awk '{print $9 $10}'}${font}
    ##################
    ##   WEATHER    ##
    ##################
    #${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}WEATHER${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    #${voffset 0}${goto 59}${font Weather:size=38}${color2}y${font}${voffset -33}${offset 14}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast --imperial --location=NZXX0069}${font}
    #${voffset 0}${font Ubuntu:size=24}${color4}${alignc}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=CT}${font}
    #${voffset 15}${goto 20}${font ConkyWindNESW:style=Bold:size=38}${color2}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=BS}${font}${voffset -40}#${goto 95}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=45}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=WF}${font}${voffset -36}${goto 185}${font MoonPhases:size=30}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=MF}${font}
    #${voffset 6}${goto 28}${font}${color6}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=WS | sed -e 's/calm'/'\$\{offset 2}Calm/g' -e 's/mph'/'\$\{offset 2}mph/g'}${goto 89}Feels like ${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=LT --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=MP | sed -e 's/First.*'/'\$\{goto 185}First Qtr/g' -e 's/Last.*'/'\$\{goto 185}Last Qtr/g' -e 's/New.*'/'\$\{goto 190}New/g' -e 's/Full.*'/'\$\{goto 194}Full/g' -e 's/Waning.*'/'\$\{goto 185}Waning/g' -e 's/Waxing.*'/'\$\{goto 185}Waxing/g'}
    #${voffset 10}${goto 35}${font}${color6}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=DW --startday=1 --shortweekday}${goto 89}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=DW --startday=2 --shortweekday}${goto 142}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=DW --startday=3 --shortweekday}${goto 196}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=DW --startday=4 --shortweekday}
    #${voffset 0}${goto 25}${font ConkyWeather:size=32}${color2}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=WF --startday=1 --endday=4 --spaces=1}${font}
    #${voffset 0}${goto 25}${font}${color6}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${offset 4}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 79}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${offset 4}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 133}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${offset 4}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 187}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${offset 4}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}
    ##################
    ##     TIME     ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}TIME${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 3}${if_match ${time %l}<=9}${voffset -4}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${alignc 7}${time %l:%M%p}${font}${else}${if_match ${time %l}>=10}${voffset -4}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${alignc -1}${time %l:%M%p}${font}${endif}${endif}
    ${voffset 0}${font LiberationSans:bold:size=10}${color4}${alignc}${offset 30}DAD${offset -30}${voffset 15}${tztime Australia/Queensland %H:%M}${color3}${offset 12}|${voffset -15}${offset -4}|${offset 10}${color4}Hoggad${offset -40}${voffset 15}${tztime America/Rainy_River %H:%M}${font}
    ##################
    ##   CALENDAR   ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}DATE${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 18}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color3}${alignc 77}${time %A}${font}
    ${voffset -3}${font LiberationMono:size=22}${color4}${alignc 77}${time %d}${font}
    ${voffset -1}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color3}${alignc 77}${time %B}${font}
    ${voffset -3}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color3}${alignc 77}${time %Y}${font}
    ${voffset -79}${font CutOutsFor3DFX:size=64}${color3}${alignc 115}2${font}
    ${voffset -69}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color3}${execpi 1800 VinDSL_Cal_4= cal | sed '1d' | sed s/^/"\$\{offset 97"\}/ | sed '/^ *$/d' | sed 's/\<'"$(date +%-d)"'\>/${color4}&${color3}/'}${font}
    ##################
    ##   Notice    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}Notices${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}
    ${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color yellow}
    I also have it starting with a delay script to try and avoid compiz drawing shadows etc but I'm not sure if its doing the trick.

    Can any one help with this?
    Ubuntu 12.04
    “To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up your Windows
    box, you just need to work on it”.
    TrinhamTechnologies.com.au

  7. #15997
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Beans
    147
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny87 View Post
    Hi, I seem to have an issue with my conky loading at startup. When I loggin and conky starts up it always seem to put its self above all other windows and stays there. The only way to correct this is to run;
    Code:
    killall conky
    to kill it, then;
    Code:
    conky
    to start it again. I find my self doing this every time I boot which I find tedious and frustrating.

    Here is my conky (modified from Vindsl)
    Code:
    ##################################
    ## VinDSL | rev. 10-12-30 20:45 ##
    ##    Modified by Jonny87 2011   ##
    ##################################
    
    ####
    ## Use XFT? Required to Force UTF8 (see below).
    #
    use_xft yes
    xftfont LiberationSans:size=8.85
    xftalpha 0.7
    text_buffer_size 2048
    
    ####
    ## Force UTF8? Requires XFT (see above).
    ## Displays degree symbol, instead of °, etc.
    #
    override_utf8_locale yes
    
    ####
    ## Update interval in seconds.
    #
    update_interval 1.5
    
    ####
    ## This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
    ## Set to zero to run forever.
    #
    total_run_times 0
    
    ####
    ## Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)?
    #
    own_window yes
    own_window_colour eeeeee
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    
    ####
    ## Use double buffering? Reduces flicker.
    #
    double_buffer yes
    
    ####
    ## Draw shades?
    #
    draw_shades no
    
    ####
    ## Draw outlines?
    #
    draw_outline no
    
    ####
    ## Draw borders around text?
    #
    draw_borders no
    
    ####
    ## Draw borders around graphs?
    #
    draw_graph_borders no
    
    ####
    ## Print text to stdout?
    ## Print text in console?
    #
    out_to_ncurses no
    out_to_console no
    
    ####
    ## Text alignment.
    #
    alignment top_right
    
    ####
    ## Minimum size of text area.
    #
    minimum_size 235 0
    
    ####
    ## Gap between text and screen borders.
    #
    gap_x 20
    gap_y 20
    
    ####
    ## Shorten MiB/GiB to M/G in stats.
    #
    short_units yes
    
    ####
    ## Pad % symbol spacing after numbers.
    #
    pad_percents 0
    
    ####
    ## Pad spacing between text and borders.
    #
    border_inner_margin 4
    
    ####
    ## Limit the length of names in "Top Processes".
    #
    top_name_width 10
    
    ####
    ## Subtract file system -/+buffers/cache from used memory?
    ## Set to yes, to produce meaningful physical memory stats.
    #
    no_buffers yes
    
    ####
    ## Set to yes, if you want all text to be in UPPERCASE.
    #
    uppercase no
    
    ####
    ## Number of cpu samples to average.
    ## Set to 1 to disable averaging.
    #
    cpu_avg_samples 2
    
    ####
    ## Number of net samples to average.
    ## Set to 1 to disable averaging.
    #
    net_avg_samples 2
    
    ####
    ## Add spaces to keep things from moving around?
    ## Only affects certain objects.
    #
    use_spacer right
    
    ####
    ## My colors (suit yourself).
    #
    color0 White
    color1 Ivory
    color2 Ivory2
    color3 Ivory3
    color4 Tan1
    color5 Tan2
    color6 white
    color7 AntiqueWhite4
    color8 DarkSlateGray
    color9 Black
    
    ####
    ## Load Lua for shading (optional).
    ## Set the path to your script here.
    #
    lua_load ~/.conky/draw_bg.lua
    lua_draw_hook_pre draw_bg
    
    ####
    ## Installed fonts (required).
    #
    # ConkyWeather (Stanko Metodiev)
    # ConkyWindNESW (Stanko Metodiev)
    # Cut Outs for 3D FX (Fonts & Things)
    # Liberation Mono (Ascender Corp)
    # Liberation Sans (Ascender Corp)
    # Moon Phases (Curtis Clark)
    # OpenLogos (Icoma)
    # PizzaDude Bullets (Jakob Fischer)
    # Radio Space (Iconian Fonts)
    # StyleBats (Vinterstille)
    # Ubuntu (Canonical Ltd)
    # Ubuntu Title Bold (Paulo Silva)
    # Weather (Jonathan Macagba)
    # WenQuanYi Micro Hei (Google Corp)
    
    TEXT
    ##################
    ##     LOGO     ##
    ##################
    ${voffset -33}${font OpenLogos:size=103}${color2}v${font}${voffset -76}${goto 178}${font UbuntuTitleBold:size=20}${color4}10.10${font}
    ##################
    ##    SYSTEM    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 20}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}SYSTEM${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font OpenLogos:size=10}${color2}u${voffset -4}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${sysname}${offset 5}${kernel}${alignr}${machine}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}A${voffset -1}${font}${color6}${offset 5}Intel${offset 3}P4${offset 3}Extreme${offset 3}Edition${alignr}${freq_g cpu0}${offset 1}GHz
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}q${voffset -1}${font}${color6}${offset 5}Uptime${alignr}${uptime}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}o${voffset -1}${font}${color6}${offset 5}File${offset 3}System${alignr}${fs_type}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}b${voffset -1}${font}${color6}${offset 5}Updates${alignr}${execi 5 aptitude search "~U" | wc -l | tail} 
    ##################
    ##  PROCESSORS  ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}PROCESSORS${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 2}CPU1${offset 5}${cpu cpu1}%${color7}${alignr 2}${if_match ${cpu}<=50}${color green}${else}${if_match ${cpu}<=70}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${cpu}>70}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${cpubar 4,153 cpu1}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 2}CPU2${offset 5}${cpu cpu2}%${color7}${alignr 2}${if_match ${cpu}<=50}${color green}${else}${if_match ${cpu}<=70}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${cpu}>70}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${cpubar 4,153 cpu2}
    ##################
    ##    MEMORY    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}MEMORY${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}l${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 3}RAM${goto 97}${mem}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${memmax}${alignr}${memperc}%
    ${color7}${alignr 2}${if_match ${memperc}<=50}${color green}${else}${if_match ${memperc}<=70}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${memperc}>70}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${membar 4,230}
    ##################
    ##     HDD      ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 2}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}HDD${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}ROOT${goto 95}${fs_used /}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /}${alignr}${offset -5}${fs_free /}${offset 5}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /}<=60}${color green}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /}<=85}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /}>85}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${fs_free_perc /}%
    ${color7}${alignr 2}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /}<=60}${color green}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /}<=85}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /}>85}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${fs_bar 4,230 /}
    
    ${voffset 1}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}HOME${goto 95}${fs_used /home}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /home}${alignr}${offset -5}${fs_free /home}${offset 5}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /home}<=60}${color green}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /home}<=85}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /home}>85}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${fs_free_perc /home}%
    ${color7}${alignr 2}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /home}<=60}${color green}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /home}<=85}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /home}>85}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${fs_bar 4,230 /home}
    
    ${voffset 1}${if_mounted /media/Library}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}LIBRARY${goto 95}${fs_used /media/Library}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /media/Library}${alignr}${offset -5}${fs_free /media/Library}${offset 5}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/Library}<=60}${color green}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/Library}<=85}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/Library}>85}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${fs_free_perc /media/Library}%
    ${color7}${alignr 2}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/Library}<=60}${color green}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/Library}<=85}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/Library}>85}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${fs_bar 4,230 /media/Library}${endif}
    
    ${voffset 1}${if_mounted /media/External\ Backups}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font}${color6}${offset 4}LIBRARY${goto 95}${fs_used /media/External\ Backups}${goto 133}/${offset 5}${fs_size /media/External\ Backups}${alignr}${offset -5}${fs_free /media/External\ Backups}${offset 5}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/External\ Backups}<=60}${color green}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/External\ Backups}<=85}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/External\ Backups}>85}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${fs_free_perc /media/External\ Backups}%
    ${color7}${alignr 2}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/External\ Backups}<=60}${color green}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/External\ Backups}<=85}${color orange}${else}${if_match ${fs_used_perc /media/External\ Backups}>85}${color red}${endif}${endif}${endif}${fs_bar 4,230 /media/External\ Backups}${endif}
    ##################
    # TOP PROCESSES ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 3}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}TOP PROCESSES${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 1}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 1}${alignr}${top_mem mem 1}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 2}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 2}${alignr}${top_mem mem 2}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 3}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 3}${alignr}${top_mem mem 3}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 4}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 4}${alignr}${top_mem mem 4}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6}${offset 5}${top_mem name 5}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 5}${alignr}${top_mem mem 5}%
    ##################
    ##   NETWORK    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}NETWORK${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color2}a${font}${color6}${offset 5}Private${offset 3}IP${alignr}${addr eth0}
    ${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color2}a${font}${color6}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${alignr}${execi 1800 wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/[^[:digit:]\|.]//g'}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color2}T${font}${color6}${offset 5}Down${alignr}${downspeed eth0}
    ${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=10}${color2}N${font}${color6}${offset 5}Up${alignr}${upspeed eth0}
    ${voffset -15}
    ${execi 5 vnstat -u -i eth0}
    ${font}${color6}${goto 75}Down${color6}${goto 145}Up${color6}${goto 212}Total
    ${font}${color6}Yesterday: ${color6}${goto 75}${execi 1 vnstat -i eth0 | grep "yesterday" | awk '{print $2 $3}'}${color6}${goto 145}${execi 10 vnstat -i eth0 | grep "yesterday" | awk '{print $5 $6}'}${color6}${goto 212}${execi 10 vnstat -i eth0 | grep "yesterday" | awk '{print $8 $9}'}
        ${color6}${offset 10}Today: ${color6}${goto 75}${execi 10 vnstat -i eth0 | grep "today" | awk '{print $2 $3}'}${color6}${goto 145}${execi 1 vnstat -i eth0 | grep "today" | awk '{print $5 $6}'}${color6}${goto 212}${execi 1 vnstat -i eth0 | grep "today" | awk '{print $8 $9}'}
         ${color6}${offset 10}Week: ${color6}${goto 75}${execi 10 vnstat -w -i eth0 | grep "current week" | awk '{print $3 $4}'}${color6}${goto 145}${execi 10 vnstat -w -i eth0 | grep "current week" | awk '{print $6 $7}'}${color6}${goto 212}${execi 10 vnstat -w -i eth0 | grep "current week" | awk '{print $9 $10}'}
        ${color6}${offset 10}Month: ${color6}${goto 75}${execi 10 vnstat -m -i eth0 | grep "`date +"%b '%y"`" | awk '{print $3 $4}'}${color6}${goto 145}${execi 10 vnstat -m -i eth0 | grep "`date +"%b '%y"`" | awk '{print $6 $7}'}${color6}${goto 212}${execi 10 vnstat -m -i eth0 | grep "`date +"%b '%y"`" | awk '{print $9 $10}'}${font}
    ##################
    ##   WEATHER    ##
    ##################
    #${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}WEATHER${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    #${voffset 0}${goto 59}${font Weather:size=38}${color2}y${font}${voffset -33}${offset 14}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast --imperial --location=NZXX0069}${font}
    #${voffset 0}${font Ubuntu:size=24}${color4}${alignc}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=CT}${font}
    #${voffset 15}${goto 20}${font ConkyWindNESW:style=Bold:size=38}${color2}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=BS}${font}${voffset -40}#${goto 95}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=45}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=WF}${font}${voffset -36}${goto 185}${font MoonPhases:size=30}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=MF}${font}
    #${voffset 6}${goto 28}${font}${color6}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=WS | sed -e 's/calm'/'\$\{offset 2}Calm/g' -e 's/mph'/'\$\{offset 2}mph/g'}${goto 89}Feels like ${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=LT --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${execpi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=MP | sed -e 's/First.*'/'\$\{goto 185}First Qtr/g' -e 's/Last.*'/'\$\{goto 185}Last Qtr/g' -e 's/New.*'/'\$\{goto 190}New/g' -e 's/Full.*'/'\$\{goto 194}Full/g' -e 's/Waning.*'/'\$\{goto 185}Waning/g' -e 's/Waxing.*'/'\$\{goto 185}Waxing/g'}
    #${voffset 10}${goto 35}${font}${color6}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=DW --startday=1 --shortweekday}${goto 89}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=DW --startday=2 --shortweekday}${goto 142}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=DW --startday=3 --shortweekday}${goto 196}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=DW --startday=4 --shortweekday}
    #${voffset 0}${goto 25}${font ConkyWeather:size=32}${color2}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --datatype=WF --startday=1 --endday=4 --spaces=1}${font}
    #${voffset 0}${goto 25}${font}${color6}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${offset 4}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 79}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${offset 4}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 133}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${offset 4}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 187}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${offset 4}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=NZXX0069 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=4 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}
    ##################
    ##     TIME     ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}TIME${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 3}${if_match ${time %l}<=9}${voffset -4}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${alignc 7}${time %l:%M%p}${font}${else}${if_match ${time %l}>=10}${voffset -4}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${alignc -1}${time %l:%M%p}${font}${endif}${endif}
    ${voffset 0}${font LiberationSans:bold:size=10}${color4}${alignc}${offset 30}DAD${offset -30}${voffset 15}${tztime Australia/Queensland %H:%M}${color3}${offset 12}|${voffset -15}${offset -4}|${offset 10}${color4}Hoggad${offset -40}${voffset 15}${tztime America/Rainy_River %H:%M}${font}
    ##################
    ##   CALENDAR   ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}DATE${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 18}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color3}${alignc 77}${time %A}${font}
    ${voffset -3}${font LiberationMono:size=22}${color4}${alignc 77}${time %d}${font}
    ${voffset -1}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color3}${alignc 77}${time %B}${font}
    ${voffset -3}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color3}${alignc 77}${time %Y}${font}
    ${voffset -79}${font CutOutsFor3DFX:size=64}${color3}${alignc 115}2${font}
    ${voffset -69}${font LiberationMono:size=8}${color3}${execpi 1800 VinDSL_Cal_4= cal | sed '1d' | sed s/^/"\$\{offset 97"\}/ | sed '/^ *$/d' | sed 's/\<'"$(date +%-d)"'\>/${color4}&${color3}/'}${font}
    ##################
    ##   Notice    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 6}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color4}Notices${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}
    ${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=10}${color yellow}
    I also have it starting with a delay script to try and avoid compiz drawing shadows etc but I'm not sure if its doing the trick.

    Can any one help with this?
    Start your session with a script. Call it .conky-startup.sh
    Put the following into it:

    PHP Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    sleep 30 && conky  
    Make it executable and have it run every time you start your system.

    Mike

  8. #15998
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    I should read the posts above i guess

    Like sector11 and others here, I post in the #! conky threads , there is indeed a separate screenshot/config and conky help threads, but still the config side isn't restricted to just

    - here's the screenshot

    - here's the code

    i wouldn't want a thread that was restrictive like that

    i liked the old thread just fine, sometimes you would log on and there were 5 pages of new posts that were mostly "help me!" 's
    sometimes its tricky to know what should go where

    EDIT - i would also say that perhaps the #! thread is small enough to be self regulating, while the conky thread here is significantly more active and would need intervention more often in terms of which post belongs where
    +1 That's why I put the "It's still a bit mixed up though" in there.

  9. #15999
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelGld View Post
    Start your session with a script. Call it .conky-startup.sh
    Put the following into it:

    PHP Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    sleep 30 && conky  
    Make it executable and have it run every time you start your system.

    Mike
    Yes and a start/stop conky script work as well. (hit the [fold] link to move the menu)

  10. #16000
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Beans
    195

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    The way I solved the "Load On Startup" problems was I bound all my Conky configurations to keystrokes instead (xbindkeys). That way, when I started up and knew everything was loaded in order, I'd just hit some keys and my Conky would appear, in order, no conflicts, no stress. And it's just as easy to "killall" when I want to run something that resizes the screen, like some older games I play from time to time. Whenever they'd come back to the desktop, Conky and anything that was formatted to the larger desktop would be out of place. Binding killall conky to some keys lets me turn it off in a heartbeat and turn it back on when I'm done.

    Just an idea in case you have too much trouble with your configurations.

Page 1600 of 2325 FirstFirst ... 6001100150015501590159815991600160116021610165017002100 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •