Page 1504 of 2294 FirstFirst ... 5041004140414541494150215031504150515061514155416042004 ... LastLast
Results 15,031 to 15,040 of 22939

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

  1. #15031
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by dmillerct View Post
    Eh, not sure. Your config worked for me well enough. See attached.
    it will work if you save .conkyrc without re lgoin.
    (in my case)

    I will edit something on .conkyrc then save. then the conky will restart then it will not overlap. but when i try logout then login it will overlap. so i need to save the .conkyrc to refresh it. then it will not overlap.


    im not sure why happen this.
    squeeze it and release it =)

  2. #15032
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Connecticut, U.S.
    Beans
    105
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by c00lwaterz View Post
    it will work if you save .conkyrc without re lgoin.
    (in my case)

    I will edit something on .conkyrc then save. then the conky will restart then it will not overlap. but when i try logout then login it will overlap. so i need to save the .conkyrc to refresh it. then it will not overlap.


    im not sure why happen this.
    Usually adding the delay to make sure X fully loads resolves this issue but if you added a 50 second delay, that should be more than enough time. Unless you are running on a beater.
    Registered Ubuntu User #29430

  3. #15033
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Heh! Poor baby!

    Here ya go. Fresh off the press...


    (Click image for full-size view)



    Sleep tight!
    the weather is not working for me. i can't find conkyweather or conky weather in google.

    The calendar and time is not visible. so i just put comment sign on weather then the calendar and time appear below. how to fix this?

    thanks
    squeeze it and release it =)

  4. #15034
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by dmillerct View Post
    Usually adding the delay to make sure X fully loads resolves this issue but if you added a 50 second delay, that should be more than enough time. Unless you are running on a beater.
    what do you mean running on beater. i don't know why it is like that.so i need to open .conkyrc and save so it will refresh and it will not overlap. hehe
    squeeze it and release it =)

  5. #15035
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Beans
    0

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    I am having an issue with my conky getting cut off. My screen resolution is 1366x768 can anyone suggest how to fix it? Or is there a way to move everything up to the top of the screen?

    Code:
    ####
    ## Use XFT? Required to Force UTF8 (see below).
    #
    use_xft yes
    xftfont LiberationSans:size=9
    xftalpha 0.1
    text_buffer_size 2048
    
    ####
    ## Force UTF8? Requires XFT (see above).
    ## Displays degree symbol, instead of °, etc.
    #
    override_utf8_locale yes
    
    ####
    ## Update interval in seconds.
    #
    update_interval .5
    
    ####
    ## This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
    ## Set to zero to run forever.
    #
    total_run_times 0
    
    ####
    ## Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)?
    #
    own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    
    ####
    ## Use double buffering? Reduces flicker.
    #
    double_buffer yes
    
    ####
    ## Draw shades?
    #
    draw_shades no
    
    ####
    ## Draw outlines?
    #
    draw_outline no
    
    ####
    ## Draw borders around text?
    #
    draw_borders no
    
    ####
    ## Draw borders around graphs?
    #
    draw_graph_borders no
    
    ####
    ## Print text to stdout?
    ## Print text in console?
    #
    out_to_console no
    out_to_ncurses no
    
    ####
    ## Text alignment.
    #
    alignment top_right
    
    ####
    ## Minimum size of text area.
    #
    minimum_size 235 0
    
    ####
    ## Specify width and height for bars.
    #
    default_bar_size 0 4
    
    ####
    ## Gap between text and screen borders.
    #
    gap_x 18
    gap_y 28
    
    ####
    ## Shorten MiB/GiB to M/G in stats.
    #
    short_units yes
    
    ####
    ## Pad % symbol spacing after numbers.
    #
    pad_percents 0
    
    ####
    ## Limit the length of names in "Top Processes".
    #
    top_name_width 10
    
    ####
    ## Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
    #
    no_buffers no
    
    ####
    ## Set to yes, if you want all text to be in UPPERCASE.
    #
    uppercase no
    
    ####
    ## Number of cpu samples to average.
    ## Set to 1 to disable averaging.
    #
    cpu_avg_samples 1
    
    ####
    ## Number of net samples to average.
    ## Set to 1 to disable averaging.
    #
    net_avg_samples 1
    
    ####
    ## Add spaces to keep things from moving around?
    ## Only affects certain objects.
    #
    use_spacer right
    
    ####
    ## My colors.
    #
    color0 White
    color1 Ivory
    color2 Ivory2
    color3 Ivory3
    color4 Tan1
    color5 Tan2
    color6 Gray
    color7 AntiqueWhite4
    color8 DarkSlateGray
    color9 Black
    
    TEXT
    
    ##################
    ##    SYSTEM    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 10}${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color4}SYSTEM ${color8} ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font OpenLogos:size=10}${color2}u${voffset -4}${font}${color6} ${sysname} ${kernel} ${alignr} ${machine}
    #${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}A${voffset -1}${font}${color6} AMD Extreme Edition ${alignr}${freq_g cpu0} GHz
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}q${voffset -1}${font}${color6} Uptime ${alignr}${uptime}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}o${voffset -1}${font}${color6} File System ${alignr}${fs_type}
    ##################
    ##  PROCESSORS  ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 5}${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color4}PROCESSORS ${color8}${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font}${color6} CPU1  ${cpu cpu1}%${color7}${alignc 35}${cpubar cpu1}
    #${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font}${color6} CPU2  ${cpu cpu2}%${color7}${alignc 35}${cpubar cpu2}
    ##################
    ##    MEMORY    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 3}${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color4}MEMORY ${color8}${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}l${voffset -2}${font}${color6} RAM ${goto 95}${mem}/ ${memmax}${alignr}${memperc}%
    ${color7}${membar}
    ##################
    ##     HDD      ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 3}${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color4}HDD ${color8}${hr 2}
    #${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font}${color6} ROOT ${goto 95}${fs_used /} / ${fs_size /}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /}%
    #${color7}${fs_bar /}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font}${color6} HOME ${goto 95}${fs_used /home}/ ${fs_size /home}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home}%
    ${color7}${fs_bar /home}
    #${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}4${voffset -2}${font}${color6} SWAP ${goto 95}${swap} / ${swapmax}${alignr}${swapperc}%
    #${color7}${swapbar}
    ##################
    # TOP PROCESSES ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 3}${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color4}TOP PROCESSES ${color8}${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6} ${top_mem name 1}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 1}${alignr}${top_mem mem 1}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6} ${top_mem name 2}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 2}${alignr}${top_mem mem 2}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6} ${top_mem name 3}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 3}${alignr}${top_mem mem 3}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6} ${top_mem name 4}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 4}${alignr}${top_mem mem 4}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6} ${top_mem name 5}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 5}${alignr}${top_mem mem 5}%
    ##################
    ##   WEATHER    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 5}${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color4}WEATHER ${color8}${hr 2}
    ${goto 65}${font Weather:size=40}${color1}y${voffset -8}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3} ${execpi 600 conkyForecast --imperial --location=USIN0093}
    ${voffset -20}${font Arial:size=20}${color4}${alignc}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --datatype=CT}
    ${goto 70}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=40}${color2}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --datatype=WF}${goto 140}${font ConkyWindNESW:style=Bold:size=40}${color2}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --datatype=BS}
    ${voffset -28}${goto 60}${font}${color2}Feels like ${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --imperial --datatype=LT --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 150}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --imperial --datatype=WS}
    ${voffset 7}${goto 53}${font}${color2}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --datatype=DW --startday=1 --shortweekday}${goto 119}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --datatype=DW --startday=2 --shortweekday}${goto 182}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --datatype=DW --startday=3 --shortweekday}
    ${goto 43}${font}${color2}${font ConkyWeather:size=32}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --datatype=WF --startday=1 --endday=3 --spaces=2}
    ${voffset -30}${goto 41}${font}${color2}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 107}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 172}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}
    ##################
    ##   NETWORK    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 5}${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color4}NETWORK ${color8}${hr 2}
    ${if_existing /proc/net/route wlan0}
    ${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}O${font}   Up: ${upspeed wlan0} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph wlan0 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}U${font}   Down: ${downspeed wlan0} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph wlan0 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}N${font}   Upload: ${alignr}${totalup wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}T${font}   Download: ${alignr}${totaldown wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}Z${font}   Signal: ${wireless_link_qual wlan0}% ${alignr}${wireless_link_bar 8,60 wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font}   Local Ip: ${alignr}${addr wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}b${font}   Public Ip: ${alignr}${execi 600 wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/[^[:digit:]\|.]//g'}
    ${else}
    ${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}
    ${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}O${font}   Up: ${upspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth0 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}U${font}   Down: ${downspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph eth0 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}N${font}   Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}T${font}   Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font}   Local Ip: ${alignr}${addr eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}b${font}   Public Ip: ${alignr}${execi 600 wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/[^[:digit:]\|.]//g'}
    #${endif}
    ${else}
    ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}4${font}   Network Unavailable
    ${endif}
    Thanks for the help
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #15036
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Beans
    176
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by ondrovic View Post
    I am having an issue with my conky getting cut off. My screen resolution is 1366x768 can anyone suggest how to fix it? Or is there a way to move everything up to the top of the screen?

    Code:
    ####
    ## Use XFT? Required to Force UTF8 (see below).
    #
    use_xft yes
    xftfont LiberationSans:size=9
    xftalpha 0.1
    text_buffer_size 2048
    
    ####
    ## Force UTF8? Requires XFT (see above).
    ## Displays degree symbol, instead of °, etc.
    #
    override_utf8_locale yes
    
    ####
    ## Update interval in seconds.
    #
    update_interval .5
    
    ####
    ## This is the number of times Conky will update before quitting.
    ## Set to zero to run forever.
    #
    total_run_times 0
    
    ####
    ## Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)?
    #
    own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    
    ####
    ## Use double buffering? Reduces flicker.
    #
    double_buffer yes
    
    ####
    ## Draw shades?
    #
    draw_shades no
    
    ####
    ## Draw outlines?
    #
    draw_outline no
    
    ####
    ## Draw borders around text?
    #
    draw_borders no
    
    ####
    ## Draw borders around graphs?
    #
    draw_graph_borders no
    
    ####
    ## Print text to stdout?
    ## Print text in console?
    #
    out_to_console no
    out_to_ncurses no
    
    ####
    ## Text alignment.
    #
    alignment top_right
    
    ####
    ## Minimum size of text area.
    #
    minimum_size 235 0
    
    ####
    ## Specify width and height for bars.
    #
    default_bar_size 0 4
    
    ####
    ## Gap between text and screen borders.
    #
    gap_x 18
    gap_y 28
    
    ####
    ## Shorten MiB/GiB to M/G in stats.
    #
    short_units yes
    
    ####
    ## Pad % symbol spacing after numbers.
    #
    pad_percents 0
    
    ####
    ## Limit the length of names in "Top Processes".
    #
    top_name_width 10
    
    ####
    ## Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
    #
    no_buffers no
    
    ####
    ## Set to yes, if you want all text to be in UPPERCASE.
    #
    uppercase no
    
    ####
    ## Number of cpu samples to average.
    ## Set to 1 to disable averaging.
    #
    cpu_avg_samples 1
    
    ####
    ## Number of net samples to average.
    ## Set to 1 to disable averaging.
    #
    net_avg_samples 1
    
    ####
    ## Add spaces to keep things from moving around?
    ## Only affects certain objects.
    #
    use_spacer right
    
    ####
    ## My colors.
    #
    color0 White
    color1 Ivory
    color2 Ivory2
    color3 Ivory3
    color4 Tan1
    color5 Tan2
    color6 Gray
    color7 AntiqueWhite4
    color8 DarkSlateGray
    color9 Black
    
    TEXT
    
    ##################
    ##    SYSTEM    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 10}${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color4}SYSTEM ${color8} ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font OpenLogos:size=10}${color2}u${voffset -4}${font}${color6} ${sysname} ${kernel} ${alignr} ${machine}
    #${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}A${voffset -1}${font}${color6} AMD Extreme Edition ${alignr}${freq_g cpu0} GHz
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}q${voffset -1}${font}${color6} Uptime ${alignr}${uptime}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}o${voffset -1}${font}${color6} File System ${alignr}${fs_type}
    ##################
    ##  PROCESSORS  ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 5}${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color4}PROCESSORS ${color8}${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font}${color6} CPU1  ${cpu cpu1}%${color7}${alignc 35}${cpubar cpu1}
    #${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font}${color6} CPU2  ${cpu cpu2}%${color7}${alignc 35}${cpubar cpu2}
    ##################
    ##    MEMORY    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 3}${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color4}MEMORY ${color8}${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}l${voffset -2}${font}${color6} RAM ${goto 95}${mem}/ ${memmax}${alignr}${memperc}%
    ${color7}${membar}
    ##################
    ##     HDD      ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 3}${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color4}HDD ${color8}${hr 2}
    #${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font}${color6} ROOT ${goto 95}${fs_used /} / ${fs_size /}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /}%
    #${color7}${fs_bar /}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}x${voffset -2}${font}${color6} HOME ${goto 95}${fs_used /home}/ ${fs_size /home}${alignr}${fs_free_perc /home}%
    ${color7}${fs_bar /home}
    #${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}4${voffset -2}${font}${color6} SWAP ${goto 95}${swap} / ${swapmax}${alignr}${swapperc}%
    #${color7}${swapbar}
    ##################
    # TOP PROCESSES ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 3}${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color4}TOP PROCESSES ${color8}${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6} ${top_mem name 1}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 1}${alignr}${top_mem mem 1}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6} ${top_mem name 2}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 2}${alignr}${top_mem mem 2}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6} ${top_mem name 3}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 3}${alignr}${top_mem mem 3}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6} ${top_mem name 4}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 4}${alignr}${top_mem mem 4}%
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color1}h${voffset -3}${font}${color6} ${top_mem name 5}${goto 115}${top_mem mem_res 5}${alignr}${top_mem mem 5}%
    ##################
    ##   WEATHER    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 5}${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color4}WEATHER ${color8}${hr 2}
    ${goto 65}${font Weather:size=40}${color1}y${voffset -8}${font RadioSpace:size=32}${color3} ${execpi 600 conkyForecast --imperial --location=USIN0093}
    ${voffset -20}${font Arial:size=20}${color4}${alignc}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --datatype=CT}
    ${goto 70}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=40}${color2}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --datatype=WF}${goto 140}${font ConkyWindNESW:style=Bold:size=40}${color2}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --datatype=BS}
    ${voffset -28}${goto 60}${font}${color2}Feels like ${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --imperial --datatype=LT --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 150}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --imperial --datatype=WS}
    ${voffset 7}${goto 53}${font}${color2}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --datatype=DW --startday=1 --shortweekday}${goto 119}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --datatype=DW --startday=2 --shortweekday}${goto 182}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --datatype=DW --startday=3 --shortweekday}
    ${goto 43}${font}${color2}${font ConkyWeather:size=32}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --datatype=WF --startday=1 --endday=3 --spaces=2}
    ${voffset -30}${goto 41}${font}${color2}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=1 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 107}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=2 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}${goto 172}${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --imperial --datatype=HT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}/${execi 600 conkyForecast --location=USIN0093 --imperial --datatype=LT --startday=3 --hideunits --centeredwidth=4 -iu}
    ##################
    ##   NETWORK    ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 5}${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color4}NETWORK ${color8}${hr 2}
    ${if_existing /proc/net/route wlan0}
    ${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}O${font}   Up: ${upspeed wlan0} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph wlan0 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}U${font}   Down: ${downspeed wlan0} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph wlan0 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}N${font}   Upload: ${alignr}${totalup wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}T${font}   Download: ${alignr}${totaldown wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}Z${font}   Signal: ${wireless_link_qual wlan0}% ${alignr}${wireless_link_bar 8,60 wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font}   Local Ip: ${alignr}${addr wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}b${font}   Public Ip: ${alignr}${execi 600 wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/[^[:digit:]\|.]//g'}
    ${else}
    ${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}
    ${voffset -6}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}O${font}   Up: ${upspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth0 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}U${font}   Down: ${downspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph eth0 8,60 F57900 FCAF3E}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}N${font}   Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}T${font}   Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}a${font}   Local Ip: ${alignr}${addr eth0}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}b${font}   Public Ip: ${alignr}${execi 600 wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/[^[:digit:]\|.]//g'}
    #${endif}
    ${else}
    ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=14}4${font}   Network Unavailable
    ${endif}
    Thanks for the help
    Do you have a (transparent) panel in the bottom of your screen?

    I see "gap_y 28", you could make it smaller, or throw some output away, or use a smaller fontsize, eg. change "xftfont LiberationSans:size=9" to "xftfont LiberationSans:size=8" or even 7... and modify every ${font ...} accordingly...

    More expensive solutions include buying a 30inch HD-1080p enabled monitor, but you won't probably go that far for a conky would you?
    Last edited by El_Belgicano; December 1st, 2010 at 06:31 PM.
    El Belgicano
    -----------------
    Laptop: 5 years old Asus M6N (ATI9600/9700 graphics, 512Mb RAM, Intel Mobile 1.66GHz, 60Gb HDD) running 10.04-Lucid Lynx pretty nicely.

  7. #15037
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I'm lost ... HELP!
    Beans
    1,014
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by ondrovic View Post
    I am having an issue with my conky getting cut off. My screen resolution is 1366x768 can anyone suggest how to fix it? Or is there a way to move everything up to the top of the screen?

    [code...

    Thanks for the help
    You have 2 options.
    1. Remove stuff you don't really care about so that the conky is short enough to fit.
    2. Cut the conky in 2 and put 1 on the left and the other on the right side of the desktop.


    To cut it in 2, just make two copies and name one .conkyrc.left and the other .conkyrc.right Then just start deleting stuff below the TEXT line that you will keep in the conky on the other side. Also change the line alignment top_right to alignment top_left for the left conky.

    Finally start them with
    Code:
    conky -d -c ~/.conkyrc.left
    conky -d -c ~/.conkyrc.right
    Edit:

    Hmmm, yeah, you heave 4 options
    1. Remove stuff you don't really care about so that the conky is short enough to fit.
    2. Cut the conky in 2 and put 1 on the left and the other on the right side of the desktop.
    3. Use a smaller font
    4. Get a bigger monitor

    Last edited by miegiel; December 1st, 2010 at 06:43 PM.

  8. #15038
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Beans
    0

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by El_Belgicano View Post
    Do you have a (transparent) panel in the bottom of your screen?

    I see "gap_y 28", you could make it smaller, or throw some output away, or use a smaller fontsize, eg. change "xftfont LiberationSans:size=9" to "xftfont LiberationSans:size=8" or even 7... and modify every ${font ...} accordingly...

    More expensive solutions include buying a 30inch HD-1080p enabled monitor, but you won't probably go that far for a conky would you?
    Thanks for the info. I don't have a transparent panel at the bottom of my screen and I changed the font to
    xftfont LiberationSans:size=7

    but the information is still cut off wonder why
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #15039
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Belgium
    Beans
    176
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by ondrovic View Post
    Thanks for the info. I don't have a transparent panel at the bottom of my screen and I changed the font to
    xftfont LiberationSans:size=7

    but the information is still cut off wonder why
    OK, I think I got it this time... There are so many of them I still don't understand why I didn't see them: try putting some empty lines at the bottom of the conkyrc... that should do it...

    PS: I am talking about the ${voffset (positive)} you are using...
    El Belgicano
    -----------------
    Laptop: 5 years old Asus M6N (ATI9600/9700 graphics, 512Mb RAM, Intel Mobile 1.66GHz, 60Gb HDD) running 10.04-Lucid Lynx pretty nicely.

  10. #15040
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Beans
    2,827
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by stinkeye View Post
    @ VinDSL,
    Nice conky, slight problem with the calendar day highlighting.
    Today is the 1st but it seems to highlight other number ones.
    I noticed that last night, when the calendar rolled over to 1 December. Sorry about that...

    LoL! That's the problem with SED/AWK/CUT. Sometimes you get unexpected results...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh1n1g4m1 View Post
    can you post you calendar script?

    post the script so we can see if someting out of place.
    I had to come up with new calendar code. Basically, I got rid of the awk print calls, and tweaked the seds.

    I'll post the new code, here.

    Code:
    ##################
    ##   CALENDAR   ##
    ##################
    ${voffset 5}${font WenQuanYiMicroHei:bold:size=8.75}${color4}DATE${offset 8}${color8}${hr 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font LiberationSansBold:size=9.6}${color4}${alignc 5}${execpi 60 VinDSL_Cal= date +'%B${offset 6}%Y'}
    ${voffset 3}${font LiberationMono:size=9.5}${color3}${execpi 60 VinDSL_Cal= cal | sed '1d' | sed s/^/"\$\{offset 37"\}/ | sed '/^ *$/d' | sed 's/\<'"$(date +%-d)"'\>/${color4}&${color3}/'}

    Seems to be working fine, now...
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Page 1504 of 2294 FirstFirst ... 5041004140414541494150215031504150515061514155416042004 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •