Page 1111 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1116111011106111011109111011111112111311211161121116112111 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,110 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

any solution for my problem, I did all I needed to have no errors in terminal while running conky, but memory problem still remains... common conky experts... Bruce, someone else... ?

any help would be nice..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by DachaArh View Post
    is there any reason why conky is not reading cpu and mem usage correctly...

I have for Mem :

and conky is reading : 1.02 GB/1.97GB...
    when I go to system monitor it is : 569MB/1.97GB...
    and that is true...

so I can't relly on conky about mem usage...

I tried to kill conky and start again... readings are still not correct, I can put screenshot of conky and system monitor at one.. so you can see that conky is far away from truth on this memory usage...

any surgestions ?
    Only thing I can think is that one is including cache/buffers and one isn't...You can use the $cache and $buffers variables to output the amount of memory in each...Does that make up the difference?

Alternatively, you can try using the
    Code:
    no_buffers yes
    config setting, if you're not already.
    - Samsung R519 Silver - Dual-Boot Windows 7/Ubuntu 9.10 -
    - The Official Conky Blog - Follow conkynews on Twitter -
    - My Launchpad PPA -
    - My blog: My Little Desktop -

Beans
    Distro

no_buffers yes

solved my problem, thank you so very much

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by The Funkbomb View Post
    I had never seen the ${goto foo} command. Oh wow. This offers so much in terms of layout! I'm excited.
    Whoa! That's been in conky for quite a while. Check out Conky Hardcore! in my sig and the Conky Manual.

I touched up your conky just for fun. And it's lying to me, I don't have KK. I have #!

The differences:

Code:
    short_units yes
    pad_percents 2
    # top_name_width 7 # 15 is default
    TEXT
    You had enough space for 15 easy.

And the only other changes:
    Code:
    ${color #FFFFFF}RAM:${goto 60}${color #FF0000}$mem/$memmax - $memperc% ${alignr}${color #FFFFFF}${membar 5,120}
    ${color #FFFFFF}SWP:${goto 60}${color #FF0000}$swap/$swapmax - $swapperc% ${alignr}${color #FFFFFF}${swapbar 5,120}

${color #FFFFFF}Hard Disks:
    ${color #FFFFFF} Root${goto 60}${color #FF0000}${fs_used /}/${fs_size /}${alignr}${color #FFFFFF}${fs_bar 5,120 /}
    ${color #FFFFFF} Home${goto 60}${color #FF0000}${fs_used /home}/${fs_size /home}${alignr}${color #FFFFFF}${fs_bar 5,120 /home}

${color #FFFFFF}CPU Usage${goto 160}PID${goto 220}CPU%${goto 280}MEM%
    ${color #FF0000} ${top name 1}${goto 150}${top pid 1}${goto 220}${top cpu 1}${goto 280}${top mem 1}
    ${color #FFFFFF} ${top name 2}${goto 150}${top pid 2}${goto 220}${top cpu 2}${goto 280}${top mem 2}
    ${color #FFFFFF} ${top name 3}${goto 150}${top pid 3}${goto 220}${top cpu 3}${goto 280}${top mem 3}

${color #FFFFFF}Mem Usage
    ${color #FF0000} ${top_mem name 1}${goto 150}${top_mem pid 1}${goto 220}${top_mem cpu 1}${goto 280}${top_mem mem 1}
    ${color #FFFFFF} ${top_mem name 2}${goto 150}${top_mem pid 2}${goto 220}${top_mem cpu 2}${goto 280}${top_mem mem 2}
    ${color #FFFFFF} ${top_mem name 3}${goto 150}${top_mem pid 3}${goto 220}${top_mem cpu 3}${goto 280}${top_mem mem 3}
    I made all the "bars" 120 wide, lined up the output after:
    RAM, SWP, Root & Home with a ${goto 60}

and of course the other gotos to line up the results below that.

Have a nice day.
    Bruce
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by londonali1010 View Post
    Only thing I can think is that one is including cache/buffers and one isn't...You can use the $cache and $buffers variables to output the amount of memory in each...Does that make up the difference?

Alternatively, you can try using the
    Code:
    no_buffers yes
    config setting, if you're not already.
    You beat me to it, I was busy with another post.

CHIMO!
    B

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Bruce M.,

Thank you for your work. I truly appreciate it. I came up with something pretty similar to yours but yours is much, much nicer.

Thank you again.

Also, just because ${goto foo} has been in Conky forever, doesn't mean I knew about it. I'm sort of behind on things

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks to Bruce M. I went from this:

conky.jpg

To this:

conky2.jpg

Much better. The layout is much cleaner!

Beans
    Hidden!

Bruce M.,

Thank you for your work. I truly appreciate it. I came up with something pretty similar to yours but yours is much, much nicer.

Thank you again.
    You're welcome. You didn't ask but it was an easy fix.

Also, just because ${goto foo} has been in Conky forever, doesn't mean I knew about it. I'm sort of behind on things
    Oh I've been there and done that. Not long ago I posted that I "knew what I was doing and that's not it."

The next day I apologized to a whole thread (not here) because while what I said was right in one respect, I didn't take into consideration the addition of another command acting on it.

RED <<-- colour me!

I was really behind on that one and it was a command that existed before I even knew conky existed. So don't feel bad, been there, done that, and we're in good company.

Have a nice day.
    Bruce

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks to Bruce M. I went from this:

conky.jpg

To this:

conky2.jpg

Much better. The layout is much cleaner!
    Oops! - Missing your "Data" partition.

Was that me? or you?

Beans
    Distro

done all I wanted from conky...

but I have one problem...

see photo :

my text part of conky is ending right bellow that big clock...
    that shadow and border for conky, is done on wallpaper directly, conky has no shadow, borders ...etc

But my conky "window" is not ending bellow that text, it is ending, more than 100 pixels bellow...

so my desktop icon is half covered...

Now, is ther a way to limit height of conky, or something else ...

here is my .conkyrc

Code:
    # Conky configuration
    background yes
    use_xft yes
    xftfont DejaVu Sans:size=7
    xftalpha 1
    text_buffer_size 5000
    out_to_console no
    update_interval 5
    total_run_times 0
    own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    double_buffer yes
    draw_shades yes
    draw_outline no
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders no
    stippled_borders 5
    border_margin 4
    border_width 1
    default_color grey
    default_shade_color black
    default_outline_color 474848
    alignment top_right
    gap_x 20
    gap_y 149
    no_buffers yes
    uppercase no
    cpu_avg_samples 2
    net_avg_samples 2
    override_utf8_locale yes
    use_spacer none

TEXT
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=8}SYSTEM${font}     ${hr 2}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=8}${alignr}.......::Ubuntu 9.04^Мастер Чода${font}
    ${voffset -5}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=6}${alignr}............................................................${font}
    ${voffset -2}${font OpenLogos:size=10}${font}${offset 35}Kernel: ${alignr}${kernel}
    ${voffset -5}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=6}${alignr}............................................................${font}
    ${voffset -3}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${offset 37}used${font}${alignr}used / total${font}
    ${voffset -7}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=6}${alignr}..................................................${font}
    ${font StyleBats:size=10}${font} Cpu:${offset 10}${cpu cpu0}% ${alignr}${cpubar cpu1 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=10}${font} Ram${offset 10}$memperc%${alignr}${membar 8,60}
    ${font StyleBats:size=10}${font} Swap:${offset 9}$swapperc%${alignr}${swapbar 8,60}
    ${voffset -5}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=6}${alignr}..................................................${font}
    ${font StyleBats:size=10}${font} Uptime:${alignr}${uptime}
    ${font StyleBats:size=10}${font} Processes: ${alignr}$processes ($running_processes running)
    ${voffset -7}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=6}${alignr}..................................................${font}
    ${voffset -2}${alignr}   name         cpu% ram%${font}
    ${voffset -2}${alignr}${top name 1}${top cpu 1} ${top mem 1}
    ${voffset -2}${alignr}${top name 2}${top cpu 2} ${top mem 2}
    ${voffset -2}${alignr}${top name 3}${top cpu 3} ${top mem 3}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=8}HD${font}     ${hr 2}
    ${voffset -3}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${alignr}used / total${font}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}Home:${font}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${fs_free /home}/${fs_size /home}${font}${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /home}
    ${voffset 2}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}System:${font}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${fs_free /}/${fs_size /}${font}${alignr}${fs_bar 8,60 /}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=8}NETWORK${font}    ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}${font} Up: ${upspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${upspeedgraph eth0 8,60}
    ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}${font} Down: ${downspeed eth0} kb/s ${alignr}${downspeedgraph eth0 8,60}
    ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}${font} Upload: ${alignr}${totalup eth0}
    ${font PizzaDude Bullets:size=10}${font} Download: ${alignr}${totaldown eth0}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=8}WEATHER${font}     ${hr 2}
    ${voffset 2}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=8}${alignr}......::::Beograd^Srbija, bre${font}
    ${voffset -5}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=6}${alignr}................................................${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=8} ${alignr}.....::Current${font}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7} ${alignr}Conditions: ${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=CT}${font}
    ${font} ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}Temp:${font} ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=15}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=HT --hideunits}${font}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=8}c${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=32}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=WF}${font}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${voffset -32}      Feels like: ${font} ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=8}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=LT --hideunits}${font}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=8}c${font}
    ${voffset -1}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}                 Wind Speed:${font}  ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=8} ${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=WS --locale=RO --hideunits}${font}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7} km/h${font}
    ${voffset 1}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}                 units: 1 km/h=0.277 m/s${font}
    ${voffset -3}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=6}${voffset 1}${alignr}............................................................${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=8} ${alignr}.....::Today${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}Lowest Temp:${font} ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=12}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=LT --hideunits --startday=0}${font}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=8}c${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${alignr}Sunrise: ${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=SR}      Sunset: ${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=SS}${font}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=8}${alignr}.....::Next Days${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${offset 9}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=DW --startday=1 --shortweekday}${offset 53}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=DW --startday=2 --shortweekday}${offset 53}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=DW --startday=3 --shortweekday}${font}
    ${voffset 1}${font ConkyWeather:style=Bold:size=28}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=WF --startday=1}${offset 35}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=WF --startday=2}${offset 35}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=WF --startday=3}${font}
    ${voffset 1}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${execi 1800 conon_bottom yes
    kyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=HT  --hideunits --startday=1}^${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=LT  --hideunits --startday=1}${font}${offset 31}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=HT  --hideunits --startday=2}^${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=LT  --hideunits --startday=2}${font}${alignr}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=HT  --hideunits --startday=3}^${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=LT  --hideunits --startday=3}${font}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${alignr}Last Update: ${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=LU}${font}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${alignr}Last Fetch: ${execi 1800 conkyForecast --location=SRXX0005 --datatype=LF}${font}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=8}DATE & TIME${font}     ${hr 2}
    ${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=7}${alignr}${time %A,  %d.%B %Y}${font}
    ${voffset -7}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=6}${alignr}..............................${font}
    ${voffset -5}${font Dejavu Sans Considered:size=22}${alignr}${time %H:%M}${font}
    what am I mistaking, please help ..?

conky is running with no errors

now, I know it is about all "${voffset} I did, so conky window is actualy larger... can I limit it's dimensions ?
    Last edited by DachaArh; December 20th, 2009 at 03:31 AM.

Page 1111 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1116111011106111011109111011111112111311211161121116112111 ... LastLast