Page 1103 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1036031003105310931101110211031104110511131153120316032103 ... LastLast
Results 11,021 to 11,030 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by searchOne View Post
    Damn, I had this idea too!
    Good work mobilediesel.
    Maybe a few others can take a look and see if the script can be prettied up a bit more. Since nearly half of both scripts contained the same code it doesn't actually look too bad but I somehow think it could be improved.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by londonali1010 View Post
    EXCELLENT! Now, where did you get the source code from? Git?
    Yes.
    I might post HowTo if I figure it out how to build in clean basic pbuild chrot environment.
    Linux Debian Sid (Minted) x86_64/3.12.10, Conky 2.0_pre, Xorg 7.7/1.15.0, KDE 4.11.5, Lenovo T61, Intel X3100, HITACHI HTS722010K9SA00 100GB, WDC_WD5000BEVT 500GB
    Linux user No.: 483055 | My Conky Pitstop corner | One4All project

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by mobilediesel View Post
    I missed that post yesterday.
    Ok, how about this:

Code:
    ${execpi 3600 conky_calhoriz.sh} # for local default language
    ${execpi 3600 conky_calhoriz.sh es} # for Spanish
    The lang file is not required and the default language without the lang file is English.

Just put lang in the same directory with conky_calhoriz.sh.
    Good stuff.
    Thanks.

CHIMO!
    Bruce

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Hey guys, question here. I'm using ${top} and ${top_mem} to display the apps using the most of RAM and CPU in a very simple one-line conky. My problem is that those variables print a lot of spaces on the right. See a shot:

How to remove them?

This is the TEXT of my conkyrc:
    Code:
    TEXT
    $color0${pre_exec lsb_release -is} $color1${pre_exec lsb_release -rs} ${pre_exec uname -m}$color0 | RAM $color1$mem/$memmax$color0 (top: $color1${top_mem name 1}$color0) | CPU $color1$cpu%$color0 (top: $color1${top name 1}$color0) | Root $color1${fs_free /}/${fs_size /}$color0 | Home $color1${fs_free /home}/${fs_size /home}$color0 | Download $color1${downspeed wlan0}$color0 | Upload $color1${upspeed wlan0}$color0

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by danielrmt View Post
    Hey guys, question here. I'm using ${top} and ${top_mem} to display the apps using the most of RAM and CPU in a very simple one-line conky. My problem is that those variables print a lot of spaces on the right. See a shot:

How to remove them?

This is the TEXT of my conkyrc:
    Code:
    TEXT
    $color0${pre_exec lsb_release -is} $color1${pre_exec lsb_release -rs} ${pre_exec uname -m}$color0 | RAM $color1$mem/$memmax$color0 (top: $color1${top_mem name 1}$color0) | CPU $color1$cpu%$color0 (top: $color1${top name 1}$color0) | Root $color1${fs_free /}/${fs_size /}$color0 | Home $color1${fs_free /home}/${fs_size /home}$color0 | Download $color1${downspeed wlan0}$color0 | Upload $color1${upspeed wlan0}$color0
    You can't really "remove" the spaces as such...$top interprets the process name as a fixed number of characters, defined by the config setting top_name_width (default = 15 characters). You can shorten the length for all $top entries by specifying it in your config settings, e.g.
    Code:
    top_name_width 8
    Otherwise, maybe you can do a bash script with sed to delete out the spaces, but I'm hardly a bash expert
    - Samsung R519 Silver - Dual-Boot Windows 7/Ubuntu 9.10 -
    - The Official Conky Blog - Follow conkynews on Twitter -
    - My Launchpad PPA -
    - My blog: My Little Desktop -

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

conky needs a $trim feature to get rid of those spaces.
    Desktop: Quantal on Core2 Duo E8500/Asus P5Q
    Laptop: Precise on S76 Pangolin

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

You can't really "remove" the spaces as such...$top interprets the process name as a fixed number of characters, defined by the config setting top_name_width (default = 15 characters). You can shorten the length for all $top entries by specifying it in your config settings, e.g.
    Code:
    top_name_width 8
    Otherwise, maybe you can do a bash script with sed to delete out the spaces, but I'm hardly a bash expert
    I know how to do it using sed, but I didn't knew I could pass conky variables to a shell... I'll try it. Thanks for the tip.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by miegiel View Post
    try:
    • horizontal virtual size = 4
    • vertical virtual size = 1
    • number of desktops = 1
    did it with that, thanks... I kinda wanted to avoid the cube.. keeping CCSM seetings to best performance, and if you have 4 virtual desktops, then you can't change to another, unless you enable cube, and rotate cube.. but I will survive with those setting if that is the only way...

It is shown on all 4 virtual desktops now, thanks

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by djyoung4 View Post
    ok i just got my n900 today. im now determined to get conky running on this thing. it would be amazing. does anybody have any ideas. hopefully this doesnt get lost in the calendar challenge.
    Try:

Code:
    apt-cache search conky

Beans
    Hidden!

Code:
    top_name_width 8
    Problem with using a bash script to remove the spaces would be a conky that changes it's size as "firefox" becomes something like "xterm" - 2 characters shorter, causing conky to redraw and some mistakenly refer to their conky as "blinking".

Your first option was the best.

C H I M O!
    Bruce

Page 1103 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 1036031003105310931101110211031104110511131153120316032103 ... LastLast