Page 1044 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 4454494499410341042104310441045104610541094114415442044 ... LastLast
Results 10,431 to 10,440 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by mobilediesel View Post
    Hmmm... a slight re-wording makes that "When the sun burns out, I hope it takes you and your family with it!"

Heh.. I just like taking old "good luck" sayings and distorting them.

For example: "Live long and prosper" becomes "Die slowly and suffer."

Maybe I'm just a bit demented.
    I think maybe you've been sniffing too much mobile diesel fuel.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    I think maybe you've been sniffing too much mobile diesel fuel.
    I've been cooking a lot of veggies lately, especially broccoli, and as a result I have been producing a bit more methane.
    My wife doesn't think it's near as funny as I do.

Back closer to the topic, Yahoo! Weather changed something and now my text weather forecast no longer works.

Right after the conkyForecast output, I had output like this:
    Tonight: Generally clear. Low 31F. Winds NE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Tomorrow: A mainly sunny sky. High near 55F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Tomorrow night: Clear. Low 32F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
    Friday: Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. High 58F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
    Now it doesn't show up using curl, even when I set the user-agent string to be identical with Firefox. I'll probably have to use w3m again for that. If weather.com included that in their xml output it would probably be easy for Kaivalagi to add it to conkyForecast. I've looked through the un-edited xml myself and that data just isn't there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

anybody got an easy fix to reset the battery time. In my 9.04 it always used to give a rough estimation of how long the battery had. It doesn't seem to be working in 9.10.
    Code:
    ${goto 675}${font Verana:style=Bold:size=9}Battery Percent: ${font Verana:size=8}${if_match ${battery_percent} > 30}${battery_percent}$else${if_match ${battery_percent} < 10}${color red}${battery_percent}$color$else${color yellow}${battery_percent}$color$endif$endif%
    ${goto 675}${if_match ${battery_percent} > 30}${battery_bar 10,182 BAT0}$else${if_match ${battery_percent} < 10}${color red}${battery_bar 10,182 BAT0}$color$else${color yellow}${battery_bar 10,182 BAT0}$color$endif$endif
    ${goto 675}${font Verana:style=Bold:size=9}Battery Time: ${font Verana:size=8}${battery_time BAT0}
    Just wondering if anybody knows how to fix it. any help is appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm a super power user

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by mobilediesel View Post
    I've been cooking a lot of veggies lately, especially broccoli, and as a result I have been producing a bit more methane.
    My wife doesn't think it's near as funny as I do.

Back closer to the topic, Yahoo! Weather changed something and now my text weather forecast no longer works.

Right after the conkyForecast output, I had output like this:

Now it doesn't show up using curl, even when I set the user-agent string to be identical with Firefox. I'll probably have to use w3m again for that. If weather.com included that in their xml output it would probably be easy for Kaivalagi to add it to conkyForecast. I've looked through the un-edited xml myself and that data just isn't there.
    GAS! GAS! GAS! - Everyone down!

Ok, now that we have that cleared up (pun intended) lets get to the good stuff.

Since you asked, there are other options:

1. HOW TO: Conky weather info using Accuweather RSS - uses conkyForecast "fonts"
    2. HOW TO: Conky weather info using Accuweather RSS – Text Only
    3. HOW TO: Conky weather info using Weather Underground ICAL

You know, Conky Hardcore! isn't just a pretty face (YUK! did I just say that?), it truly is a CCCC - "Creative Collaborative Conky Community" with:

Admin:
    1. Bruce
    2. uncertain

Editors:
    1. arpinux
    2. Crinos512
    3. DjNeophyte
    4. helmuthdu
    5. jjgomera
    6. londonali1010 - coined the CCCC phrase!
    7. mobilediesel
    8. proxess

Alphebetically speaking who is that #7 - and 71 Subscribers, many of whom have their work online.

So when people say Conky Hardcore! is mine they are wrong. The idea that became CH! actually came from a post in this thread. Then www.linux-hardcore.com donated the space and IP address for CH! Uncertain and I went all out getting it started, and as time passed I invited people to be Editors - it was simply growing too fast to keep up.

And to my knowledge, the French section is 100% complete.

So now the air is clear, and you have options.

Have a GREAT Day.
    Bruce

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I'm thinking of creating a PHP (with CodeIgniter) and MySQL website for Conky-Hardcore / CCCC, seeing that WordPress isn't very practical. I'll be adding functionality like Conky/Lua code recognizing.

Tho I won't start without "everyone's" consent (mainly the people listed, Editors and Admins). Also some brainstorming would be nice. Perhaps we can set up an IRC channel on quake.net for the CCCC?
    Laptop: i7 4930MX @3.9GHz undervolted; 32GB 4x8GB Kingston HyperX Impact 1600MHz; Nvidia 780M 4GB; Samsung 840 EVO mSATA 250GB; Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10 Pro.
    Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448

Beans

Question:

How do I run conky when Compiz sets the background? Currently it does not work for me, since I unchecked "show desktop" in nautilus in gconf-editor for compiz to show the desktop.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    GAS! GAS! GAS! - Everyone down!

Ok, now that we have that cleared up (pun intended) lets get to the good stuff.

Since you asked, there are other options:

1. HOW TO: Conky weather info using Accuweather RSS - uses conkyForecast "fonts"
    2. HOW TO: Conky weather info using Accuweather RSS – Text Only
    3. HOW TO: Conky weather info using Weather Underground ICAL

You know, Conky Hardcore! isn't just a pretty face (YUK! did I just say that?), it truly is a CCCC - "Creative Collaborative Conky Community" with:

Admin:
    1. Bruce
    2. uncertain

Editors:
    1. arpinux
    2. Crinos512
    3. DjNeophyte
    4. helmuthdu
    5. jjgomera
    6. londonali1010 - coined the CCCC phrase!
    7. mobilediesel
    8. proxess

Alphebetically speaking who is that #7 - and 71 Subscribers, many of whom have their work online.

So when people say Conky Hardcore! is mine they are wrong. The idea that became CH! actually came from a post in this thread. Then www.linux-hardcore.com donated the space and IP address for CH! Uncertain and I went all out getting it started, and as time passed I invited people to be Editors - it was simply growing too fast to keep up.

And to my knowledge, the French section is 100% complete.

So now the air is clear, and you have options.

Have a GREAT Day.
    Bruce
    The accuweather script will probably be some use! Right after I clean it up a bit

The sed commands on lines 3 through 6 can be condensed into one line. The if...elif can be cleaned up by using case...esac instead. I'll probably also change from the hardcoded url and directory to commandline arguments or possibly a small config file. or option to use either one.

I'm just picky like that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by TheNessus View Post
    Question:

How do I run conky when Compiz sets the background? Currently it does not work for me, since I unchecked "show desktop" in nautilus in gconf-editor for compiz to show the desktop.
    Add this to your conky config above TEXT

Code:
    own_window yes
    own_window_type desktop
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorate,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager,below
    If you then see little drop shadows around your conky boarder you will need to go into ccsm and under window decoration / shadow windows input the following:

Code:
    any & !(name=Conky)
    You should then be all set. Let me know if you still have an issue.
    Registered Ubuntu User #29430

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by djyoung4 View Post
    anybody got an easy fix to reset the battery time. In my 9.04 it always used to give a rough estimation of how long the battery had. It doesn't seem to be working in 9.10.
    Code:
    ${goto 675}${font Verana:style=Bold:size=9}Battery Percent: ${font Verana:size=8}${if_match ${battery_percent} > 30}${battery_percent}$else${if_match ${battery_percent} < 10}${color red}${battery_percent}$color$else${color yellow}${battery_percent}$color$endif$endif%
    ${goto 675}${if_match ${battery_percent} > 30}${battery_bar 10,182 BAT0}$else${if_match ${battery_percent} < 10}${color red}${battery_bar 10,182 BAT0}$color$else${color yellow}${battery_bar 10,182 BAT0}$color$endif$endif
    ${goto 675}${font Verana:style=Bold:size=9}Battery Time: ${font Verana:size=8}${battery_time BAT0}
    Just wondering if anybody knows how to fix it. any help is appreciated.
    For BAT0 ${battery_time} should be sufficient. It's what I use anyway.

My battery .conkyrc :
    Code:
    #minimum_size 1366 768
    #maximum_width 1366
    gap_x 0
    gap_y 2
    alignment tr
    update_interval 15.0
    draw_shades no
    draw_outline no
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders no
    uppercase no
    own_window yes
    own_window_type override
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    own_window_colour black
    double_buffer yes
    use_xft yes
    xftfont Radio Space Bold:size=10
    default_color 333333

TEXT
    ${if_match "$battery" != "not present"}${battery_percent}% ${if_match "${execi 60 cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state | grep charged | awk '{print $3}'}" != "charged"} ${execi 60 cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state | grep capacity: | awk '{print $3 $4}'}  ${execi 60 cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state | grep rate: | awk '{print $3 $4}'}  ${battery_time}${else}Battery Charged${endif}${else}No Battery Present${endif}
    You might also find some useful info running
    Code:
    cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state
    cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/info
    cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/state
    cat /proc/acpi/battery/BAT1/info
    etc.
    in a terminal.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I'm having issues with Conky on my AA1 running Kuki...

First, it doesn't load at startup. I made the .ssc.sh executable via chmod, I loaded it into Sessions so it loads at startup, there's no sleep value (using XFCE).
    I used the same exact script as my Jaunty Conky (seen a page back).

When I load it manually (conky -c etc...) it makes my Desktop icons disappear. They reappear when I hover on them or when I select them. Then disappear again...

Any ideas...? :s the AA1 isn't a race horse (1GZ Atom, 512RAM) but it should be able to handle this I thought...

Page 1044 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 4454494499410341042104310441045104610541094114415442044 ... LastLast