Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: "Welcome, introduce yourself" Thread

Beans

Re: "Welcome, introduce yourself" Sticky Thread

Hi my name is Erik, I'm currently 19 and enrolled in college. I live in the suburbs in Illinois, and attend college at Purdue in Indiana.

I've been using Kubuntu since Breezy Badger. Before that I was mainly using Windows but muddled a bit with Linux, Gentoo was my first Linux experience and it was quite horrifying. I finally settled on Kubuntu due to Ubuntu's awesome community.

Last month I actually moved all of my machines to Kubuntu, which worked for me for a while. But I'll admit I'm a gamer at heart, so I had to switch back to doing a dual-boot with Windows. I still love Kubuntu but until there's more commercial-grade games on Linux it looks like I'm stuck dual booting.

I also bought a Zune recently (please don't hurt me!). I've enjoyed it very much so far, but I'm peeved that it doesn't work in linux as of yet (I guess they introduced some new things that aren't covered under libmtp yet).

I've been on the forums for quite a while, but I thought it'd be time to introduce myself.

~Erik

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

hey everyone,

i'm dave. i'm an undergraduate computer engineer dual majoring in electrical engineering. i've played with unix/linux plenty on the school system, i finally got around to installing it myself on my computer. i currently dual boot with windows xp.

my experience with ubuntu so far has been awesome. i'm in awe as to how much the community helps each other out and contributes to various projects. very impressed.

keep up the good work everyone

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by finer recliner View Post
    hey everyone,

i'm dave. i'm an undergraduate computer engineer dual majoring in electrical engineering. i've played with unix/linux plenty on the school system, i finally got around to installing it myself on my computer. i currently dual boot with windows xp.

my experience with ubuntu so far has been awesome. i'm in awe as to how much the community helps each other out and contributes to various projects. very impressed.

keep up the good work everyone
    Welcome!...and I really like your Speed Racer avatar.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Hello

I'm a 15 year old Pakistani Linux user named Ahmed.

I first read about Linux in a Pakistani science magazine called Sci-tech world.

Since then,I first tried Breezy Badger,and after that Dapper Drake,and after that and right now I'm using and loving Edgy Eft.

I also love cartoons,especially Marvel ones like Xmen,and anime like One Piece and Yugioh.

I also love Star Wars.

My favourite cartoon is Megas XLR,which you can read about here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megas_xlr

The main character,Coop,is my avatar and my forum name.

I also love Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi Show.

I would love to hear from more Pakistani Linux users.

If you want to add me to your contacts,especially if you're a Pakistani,you can see my email addresses in my signature.

Regards Coop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Hi everyone!

I'm Allan, a 17 year old Linux newb who was stuck with Linux because when I was trying to make this laptop dual boot with Linux and Windows XP, I accidentally deleted my XP OS.

I have big dreams. One of which is to customize Ubuntu completely to the point that it would look like a new OS built just for me.

I love this community so much because people give a damn to my problems even if they don't have to. I hope that this community can grow and people will treat other members warmer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hello, my name is Chris. I am a Network Admin in RL where I am forced to stare at boring old Windows desktops and servers all day long.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Hello

my Name is deRusett
    I have been a linux lurker for about 6 years after trying Mandrake 6.1 I believe, have played on and off with it since then, more recently SUSE and Mandriva 10.x, and Yoper Linux.

but after much reading about ubuntu, I figured I'd jump aboard, ubuntu will be my server. no matter how long it takes me to get it running, I am determined to start the migration away from windows.

I'm from Ontario Canada
    Drive a Firefly, and Caliber
    25 years old.

noobie extraordinaire

Beans

Whew,
    Hi, I am brand new to Ubuntu and having fun(?) finding my way about. Where might I go to seek some guidance?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Hello,

I am a 22 year old norwegian guy who suddenly got my eyes opened to linux and ubuntu. I just had to make sure I got my laptop all set up before I told my friends And thanks to the excellent help posts in this forum!

Anyway, it gives me a good feeling not to be loaded with a pirated Win XP etc..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hey, everyone, I'm geek_Man (in case you hadn't noticed). I joined the Light (Ubuntu ) Side a couple months ago and I love it. I've also been a member of the forums for a while and have found that it's a great source of info. I just saw this thread, so hello to all new Linux (even if it's not Ubuntu) users and see ya around to all the vets!
    thall

Page 22 of 43 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast