Thread: Trivial question about bean counts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Trivial question about bean counts

I know this may seem ridiculous but it's kind of important to me. I'm still a noob when it comes to Ubuntu but I've gotten hooked on it like a crack-ho. I've been in I.T. for about 18 years now supporting Windows NT, Windows 2000 and now Windows 2003 networks and have supported all the versions of Windows since 3.0. I really want to contribute to these forums and I try whenever I can to help people here out when I see a problem I think I know the fix to. I've also bookmarked many of the How-To's I've used so I can paste them in posts. My big concern is with the bean counts. At what point does the caption change from say, "Five cups of Ubuntu" to "A full carafe of Ubuntu" and so on. I don't really care what it says as long as it doesn't say, "Almond flavored soy latte" as I love coffee but I'm something of a purist. I don't care for flavored coffees at all. If others like them fine but I've been known to pay 30 bucks a pound for some medium roast Jamaican Blue Mountain (the best coffee in the world IMHO) and I just couldn't live with myself if I had to look at one of my posts with that Almond Soy crap on it. Is it possible to get special dispensation from the forum moderators if by chance my bean count ever gets to that level where it would switch to that caption? I know it seems silly but then I've always been a bit odd anyways and maybe it just comes from not eating my green vegetables as a kid or something.
    "I'm a leaf on the wind.....watch how I soar..."
    Registered Linux User #433722 || Registered Ubuntu User #8767

Beans

Re: Trivial question about bean counts

Scratching head...
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Mr. Monk surely has a point here. Nobody should be force to drink a coffe he does not like.
    My suggestion: as soon you get there, start helping people like crazy, before you notice you'll be on the way out.
    Mariano
    Ubuntu Linux User Group Argentina
    Let's all get up and dance to a song/ That was a hit before your mother was born/ Though she was born a long long time ago

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Hey, have you tried our brazilian coffe? We have some very good, search for the ones from the brazilian state called "Minas Gerais". They are the best!
    ASUS k8N motherboard(NVIDIA Chipset) amd64 3200+ 1024RAM
    ATI Radeon 9600 PRO 256mb
    Linux Mint Gloria (9.04 Ubuntu Equivalent)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    I know this may seem ridiculous but it's kind of important to me. I'm still a noob when it comes to Ubuntu but I've gotten hooked on it like a crack-ho. I've been in I.T. for about 18 years now supporting Windows NT, Windows 2000 and now Windows 2003 networks and have supported all the versions of Windows since 3.0. I really want to contribute to these forums and I try whenever I can to help people here out when I see a problem I think I know the fix to. I've also bookmarked many of the How-To's I've used so I can paste them in posts. My big concern is with the bean counts. At what point does the caption change from say, "Five cups of Ubuntu" to "A full carafe of Ubuntu" and so on. I don't really care what it says as long as it doesn't say, "Almond flavored soy latte" as I love coffee but I'm something of a purist. I don't care for flavored coffees at all. If others like them fine but I've been known to pay 30 bucks a pound for some medium roast Jamaican Blue Mountain (the best coffee in the world IMHO) and I just couldn't live with myself if I had to look at one of my posts with that Almond Soy crap on it. Is it possible to get special dispensation from the forum moderators if by chance my bean count ever gets to that level where it would switch to that caption? I know it seems silly but then I've always been a bit odd anyways and maybe it just comes from not eating my green vegetables as a kid or something.
    Hmm.. I think I will refer you to this thread. After you have a chance to read it, feel free to ask if any questions remain.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=239560
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Hidden!

You think u have problems? Because you like coffe this must be like heaven. I don't like coffe at all and I'm forced to post "beans" be named things saying I like coffe. It's hellish I tell you!

But instead of showing some respect to the suffering you come here posting crap like "oh I don't particulary like that flavour of coffe! You need to do an exception for poor me!"

Shame on you!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

strangest support question I've ever heard

-shows off his cappucinos-