Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kingston, Ontario.

Beans

Re: Kingston, Ontario.

I haven't signed up for the health card yet.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Chonnawonga View Post
    Hi Ivanat,

Welcome to the neighbourhood! From what I understand, the gov't of Ontario doesn't (yet) offer a generic ID card. Are you new to Ontario? To Canada? What brings you here? A passport or student card or something might be the best you can aim for without a driver's licence, sadly.
    moved from BC with my family..i don't have a passport. My student card is still BC.

Beans

not really from there but near

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Ivanat: a health card should do the trick, but you have to be here for three months before it's valid. That said, they will issue you one, picture and all, right away: you just can't use it yet.

The health card office is at 1055 Princess Street, and they're open M-F 8:30-5:00. You'll need to bring some documents. More information is here: http://www.health.gov.on.ca/english/...hipfaq_mn.html

Alternatively, you could get a G1 (learner's) license. That'll cost you $100 and be valid for five years. You have to write a test, and it takes them a few weeks to mail you the fancy card, although you can get a paper temporary license right away.

I hope that helps!
    I must be updating Ubuntu. How else could I be expected to take seriously the phrase, "Unpacking replacement gnome"?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I'm from Kingston too, moved a few years ago. Great town. I'm trying to start up a LUG at KCVI.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have been a ubuntu fan for about two weeks now.... I have ditched windows on all my home computers and I am looking how to switch over our server at work... SBS 2003 with Exchange Server and BlackBerry Enterprise Server... BES is the problem.

Anyway, I am located in Kingston Ontario too. Anyone interested in getting together to talk ubuntu/linux send me a PM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123