Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Torrent Swapper Install how-to.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Torrent Swapper Install how-to.

Thanks for the howto but this app doesn't work properly for me. It seeds very bad, the downloading/seeding algorithm is behaving weird, it fails to launch when you edit the outside and local ip, you can't change priority (doesn't work) and if you look at the Sourceforge page it seems It's violating another projects license (seems to be a ripoff). I'm off with uTorrent now until a decent client comes.
    Last edited by RaZoR1394; October 31st, 2006 at 01:33 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

@ wiorka : Nice it worked for you, as for the icnos, I tried it in gimp but the image quality was poor. Nice workaround though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

M8 you must be unlucky, as me and a couple of friends have never noticed anyone from your issues. As for the license issues I wonder if there is a link you can provie to me, so I can get more info? If it is the tribbler app, there must be a connection within the two apps, can't make out what though... I 'll be checking it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Come on everybody, give it a try, and join the talk, let us know if it worked for you! Or if it didn't...

8)

Beans

You are a legend my friend! I just made the swap to Linux from Windows XP and have been trying to find a good torrent program that works. I used to use bitlord, but unfortunately it didn't work. Anyway, I had a look at the wiki comparisons of torrent clients and I thought I'd want to give torrent swapper a go. As you said the documentation is pretty crumby and then I found you're how-to. I followed it step by step and it installed fine. I gave it a shot and it works a treat! Thanks again man!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

I am very glad it worked for you too. You are welcome m8...

Beans

Now that I've tried to do the optional section so that I can just type "torrentswapper" in the terminal and it works, I get this message:

bash: /usr/bin/torrentswapper: Permission denied

I followed the instructions and typing:

#!/bin/bash

cd home/mooseus/programs/swapper && ./abc.py

after doing the gedit instruction. Any reason why this is happening?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

You have to make the script-file executable. in a terminal type "sudo nautilus", navigate to /usr/bin right click torrentswapper and select properties, there under permissions tab make it executable. Close nautilus.

You can now type torrentswapper or create a launcher that does the trick for you, or even better add torrent swapper to your applications/internet menu using right click on the menu, then edit menu. If you need any help ask for it, I 'll be glad to answer back.

Let me know how you did m8, Cheers, TJ.

Beans

Thanks it works fine, I just added it to my Internet menu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I'm behind a router. A Linksys type for that matter. What do I put in the application name so I can forward the ports? For example, the regular bittorrent is Torrent1, bittornado is Tornado1, Azureus is Azur1, etc.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast