Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Compile VICE in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 5.10

Re: HOWTO: Compile VICE in Dapper, Edgy, Feisty and Gutsy

Thanks for the info. However I did have some issues running vice on my laptop.

The problem was mainly with the joystick options, it seemed that you couldn't define your own keyset and I couldn't get the other two keysets to work. As my laptop doesn't have a number pad I could not use that option either.

The solution I found was to run "./configure --enable-gnomeui" after making and installing there is now the option to define your own keys under Settings>Joystick settings>Define keysets

I hope this helps any laptop users like myself with this or similar problems with the joystick options.

That is a bit annoying, isn't it? There used to be a version with customizable keypad controls; perhaps that was a Windows version I used a long time ago, but I know I did it. It would be great to be able to modify those keys again (without relying on the Gnome UI), since the number pad is usually an issue for laptop users.
    Ubuntu user #7247 :: Linux user #409907
    inconsolation.wordpress.com

Version 1.22 is compiling fine for me under 32-bit Ubuntu 8.04 on an AMD64 machine.

I've updated the guide for Hardy. Have fun!

Re: HOWTO: Compile VICE in Dapper and Edgy

It looks like the 2.0 version of VICE will compile and run normally under Hardy.

I've updated the howto to show that. Have fun!

P.S.: Don't ask me why my screen is at 800x600. It's been a long afternoon. ...

Re: HOWTO: Compile VICE in Dapper, Gutsy, Hardy and Intrepid

I built the 2.0 version of VICE under Ubuntu 8.10 and it's working fine. Which means this thread is now two years old and still works great!

Beans

Thanks for sharing this info . I nearly opened a new thread for compiling under 8.10.

Beans

hi - thanks for the instrctions.
    I just installed vice 2.0 on ubuntu 8.10 (which worked great using your instructions)

I just wondered about that full screen thing though. I see a double screen, but not sure about a full screen...

Oh darn, I can't remember off-hand how to get the full screen going. It's an option under one of the display submenus ... I can remember seeing xrandr and another option. ...

Give me a day and I think I can get an answer for you.

Beans
    Hidden!

Since VICE 2.1 is released, if you use Ubuntu 8.04 or 8.10 you can check my PPA for 2.1 debs. I would like to hear some feedback from users, so i could try to make debs better for wide-spread usefullness (if they not good enough already).

https://launchpad.net/~smoki00790/+archive

NOTE: All roms are mangled from original source, so neither .orig source nor debs packages include any of it!

VICE 2.1? The home page still only shows 2.0.

Or did you mean "when" it's released?

Edit: Ah, never mind. I see that it's been released, but the home page is late in being updated.
    Last edited by K.Mandla; December 22nd, 2008 at 01:42 AM.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast