Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 478

Thread: HOW TO: Install and configure lm-sensors

  1. #371
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I'm lost ... HELP!
    Beans
    1,013
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: HOW TO: Install and configure lm-sensors

    Quote Originally Posted by cannon_dt View Post
    I did all the stuff as outlines in the posts but I get the foll:
    No sensors found!
    Make sure you loaded all the kernel drivers you need.
    Try sensors-detect to find out which these are.

    What could this mean?
    Mine is a new ASUS EVO motherboard and I just finished configuring all the stuff.

    also I tried computer temp and that did not work too?

    X sensors (from add software) also did not work.

    I am running the 64 bit version, btw.

    Please help.

    Cannon
    Run
    Code:
    sudo sensors-detect
    in a terminal. At the end of the detection process you get the option to let sensors-detect add the sensor to your /etc/modules file or (default) to do it yourself.

  2. #372
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Beans
    66

    Re: HOW TO: Install and configure lm-sensors

    It did do that miegiel, here is what is there in my modules file
    # Generated by sensors-detect on Mon Jan 4 20:44:35 2010
    # Chip drivers
    it87
    # no driver for AMD K10 thermal sensors yet

    So I dont know what else is missing.

    Ananth

  3. #373
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    106

    Re: HOW TO: Install and configure lm-sensors

    I think this must be the longest thread on the forum ?

    Is the original post still relevant (to the current release)?

    eddier.

  4. #374
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Beans
    45
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Talking Re: HOW TO: Install and configure lm-sensors

    Longest thread? Ha-ha-ha. Check this one out .. just as an example.
    One a more serious note -- yes, the OP has, perhaps, lost some relevance (now that lm-sensors is a package and could be installed through synaptic), but there's still quite a bit of useful info in the thread itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by eddier View Post
    I think this must be the longest thread on the forum ?

    Is the original post still relevant (to the current release)?

    eddier.
    Last edited by cyberkost; January 6th, 2010 at 04:09 AM.

  5. #375
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Beans
    4

    Re: HOW TO: Install and configure lm-sensors

    didn't work fo rme
    PHP Code:
    [root@homeserver ~]# ./mkdev.sh
    /dev/i2c-0
    mknod
    : `/dev/i2c-0': File exists
    [root@homeserver ~]# sensors-detect
    # sensors-detect revision 5291 (2008-06-23 23:40:46 -0700)

    This program will help you determine which kernel modules you need
    to load to use lm_sensors most effectively. It is generally safe
    and recommended to accept the default answers to all questions,
    unless you know what you're doing.

    We can start with probing for (PCI) I2C or SMBus adapters.
    Do you want to probe now? (YES/no):
    Probing for PCI bus adapters...
    Sorry, no supported PCI bus adapters found.

    If you have undetectable or unsupported I2C/SMBus adapters, you can have
    them scanned by manually loading the modules before running this script.

    We are now going to do the I2C/SMBus adapter probings. Some chips may
    be double detected; we choose the one with the highest confidence
    value in that case.
    If you found that the adapter hung after probing a certain address,
    you can specify that address to remain unprobed.

    Some chips are also accessible through the ISA I/O ports. We have to
    write to arbitrary I/O ports to probe them. This is usually safe though.
    Yes, you do have ISA I/O ports even if you do not have any ISA slots!
    Do you want to scan the ISA I/O ports? (YES/no):
    Probing for 
    `National Semiconductor LM78' at 0x290...       No
    Probing for `National Semiconductor LM78-J' 
    at 0x290...     No
    Probing 
    for `National Semiconductor LM79' at 0x290...       No
    Probing for 
    `Winbond W83781D' at 0x290...                   No
    Probing for `Winbond W83782D' 
    at 0x290...                   No

    Some Super I
    /O chips may also contain sensorsWe have to write to
    standard I
    /O ports to probe themThis is usually safe.
    Do 
    you want to scan for Super I/O sensors? (YES/no):
    Probing for Super-I/O at 0x2e/0x2f
    Trying family 
    `National Semiconductor'...                   No
    Trying family 
    `SMSC'...                                     No
    Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Fintek'
    ...                       No
    Trying family 
    `ITE'...                                      No
    Probing for Super-I/O at 0x4e/0x4f
    Trying family 
    `National Semiconductor'...                   No
    Trying family `SMSC'
    ...                                     No
    Trying family 
    `VIA/Winbond/Fintek'...                       Yes
    Found 
    `Winbond W83627DHG Super IO Sensors'                  Success!
        (address 0x290, driver `w83627ehf'
    )

    Some south bridgesCPUs or memory controllers may also contain
    embedded sensors
    . Do you want to scan for them? (YES/no):
    Silicon Integrated Systems SIS5595...                       No
    VIA VT82C686 Integrated Sensors
    ...                          No
    VIA VT8231 Integrated Sensors
    ...                            No
    AMD K8 thermal sensors
    ...                                   No
    AMD K10 thermal sensors
    ...                                  No
    Intel AMB FB
    -DIMM thermal sensor...                         No

    Now follows a summary of the probes I have just done
    .
    Just press ENTER to continue:

    Driver `w83627ehf' (should be inserted):
      Detects correctly:
      * ISA bus, address 0x290
        Chip 
    `Winbond W83627DHG Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

    Do you want to overwrite /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors? (YES/no): y
    Starting lm_sensors: No sensors found!
    Make sure you loaded all the kernel drivers you need.
    Try sensors-detect to find out which these are.
                                                               [FAILED]
    [root@homeserver ~]# 

  6. #376
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    germany
    Beans
    183
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: HOW TO: Install and configure lm-sensors

    how to install this driver for k10 thermal sensors?

    http://khali.linux-fr.org/devel/misc/k10temp/

    found on this page http://lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices

  7. #377
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I'm lost ... HELP!
    Beans
    1,013
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: HOW TO: Install and configure lm-sensors

    Quote Originally Posted by sander815 View Post
    didn't work fo rme
    PHP Code:
    [root@homeserver ~]# ./mkdev.sh
    /dev/i2c-0
    mknod
    : `/dev/i2c-0': File exists
    [root@homeserver ~]# sensors-detect
    # sensors-detect revision 5291 (2008-06-23 23:40:46 -0700)

    This program will help you determine which kernel modules you need
    to load to use lm_sensors most effectively. It is generally safe
    and recommended to accept the default answers to all questions,
    unless you know what you're doing.

    We can start with probing for (PCI) I2C or SMBus adapters.
    Do you want to probe now? (YES/no):
    Probing for PCI bus adapters...
    Sorry, no supported PCI bus adapters found.

    If you have undetectable or unsupported I2C/SMBus adapters, you can have
    them scanned by manually loading the modules before running this script.

    We are now going to do the I2C/SMBus adapter probings. Some chips may
    be double detected; we choose the one with the highest confidence
    value in that case.
    If you found that the adapter hung after probing a certain address,
    you can specify that address to remain unprobed.

    Some chips are also accessible through the ISA I/O ports. We have to
    write to arbitrary I/O ports to probe them. This is usually safe though.
    Yes, you do have ISA I/O ports even if you do not have any ISA slots!
    Do you want to scan the ISA I/O ports? (YES/no):
    Probing for 
    `National Semiconductor LM78' at 0x290...       No
    Probing for `National Semiconductor LM78-J' 
    at 0x290...     No
    Probing 
    for `National Semiconductor LM79' at 0x290...       No
    Probing for 
    `Winbond W83781D' at 0x290...                   No
    Probing for `Winbond W83782D' 
    at 0x290...                   No

    Some Super I
    /O chips may also contain sensorsWe have to write to
    standard I
    /O ports to probe themThis is usually safe.
    Do 
    you want to scan for Super I/O sensors? (YES/no):
    Probing for Super-I/O at 0x2e/0x2f
    Trying family 
    `National Semiconductor'...                   No
    Trying family 
    `SMSC'...                                     No
    Trying family `VIA/Winbond/Fintek'
    ...                       No
    Trying family 
    `ITE'...                                      No
    Probing for Super-I/O at 0x4e/0x4f
    Trying family 
    `National Semiconductor'...                   No
    Trying family `SMSC'
    ...                                     No
    Trying family 
    `VIA/Winbond/Fintek'...                       Yes
    Found 
    `Winbond W83627DHG Super IO Sensors'                  Success!
        (address 0x290, driver `w83627ehf'
    )

    Some south bridgesCPUs or memory controllers may also contain
    embedded sensors
    . Do you want to scan for them? (YES/no):
    Silicon Integrated Systems SIS5595...                       No
    VIA VT82C686 Integrated Sensors
    ...                          No
    VIA VT8231 Integrated Sensors
    ...                            No
    AMD K8 thermal sensors
    ...                                   No
    AMD K10 thermal sensors
    ...                                  No
    Intel AMB FB
    -DIMM thermal sensor...                         No

    Now follows a summary of the probes I have just done
    .
    Just press ENTER to continue:

    Driver `w83627ehf' (should be inserted):
      Detects correctly:
      * ISA bus, address 0x290
        Chip 
    `Winbond W83627DHG Super IO Sensors' (confidence: 9)

    Do you want to overwrite /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors? (YES/no): y
    Starting lm_sensors: No sensors found!
    Make sure you loaded all the kernel drivers you need.
    Try sensors-detect to find out which these are.
                                                               [FAILED]
    [root@homeserver ~]# 
    2 things :
    • I wouldn't run sensors-detect as root. Instead do :
      Code:
      sudo sensors-detect
    • I don't know what sensors-detect wants with /etc/sysconfig/lm_sensors, but for me the sensor module that should be loaded during boot up is listed in /etc/modules

  8. #378
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I'm lost ... HELP!
    Beans
    1,013
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: HOW TO: Install and configure lm-sensors

    Quote Originally Posted by pulpo69 View Post
    how to install this driver for k10 thermal sensors?

    http://khali.linux-fr.org/devel/misc/k10temp/

    found on this page http://lm-sensors.org/wiki/Devices
    AFAIK the k10 module comes with karmic (and should be detected with sudo sensors-detect), so you shouldn't need to install it.

  9. #379
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I'm lost ... HELP!
    Beans
    1,013
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: HOW TO: Install and configure lm-sensors

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberkost View Post
    Longest thread? Ha-ha-ha. Check this one out .. just as an example.
    One a more serious note -- yes, the OP has, perhaps, lost some relevance (now that lm-sensors is a package and could be installed through synaptic), but there's still quite a bit of useful info in the thread itself.
    Good example almost 1.7 million thread views !!!

    Yeah, the OP is not up-to-date anymore. It's just 3 easy steps now :
    1. Code:
      sudo apt-get install lm-sensors
    2. Code:
      sudo sensors-detect
      Note of the detected sensor module (take the "confidence" into account when more than 1 sensor is detected).
    3. Code:
      sudo nano /etc/modules
      Add the detected sensor from step 2 to the list.

  10. #380
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    I'm lost ... HELP!
    Beans
    1,013
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: HOW TO: Install and configure lm-sensors

    Quote Originally Posted by cannon_dt View Post
    It did do that miegiel, here is what is there in my modules file
    # Generated by sensors-detect on Mon Jan 4 20:44:35 2010
    # Chip drivers
    it87
    # no driver for AMD K10 thermal sensors yet

    So I dont know what else is missing.

    Ananth
    Hmmm ... maybe I'm wrong and the k10 isn't supported yet. When I run sensors-detect I get the output below, but I don't have a k10 to test (32bit karmic on a core 2 duo laptop here).

    Code:
    ...
    VIA VT82C686 Integrated Sensors...                          No
    VIA VT8231 Integrated Sensors...                            No
    AMD K8 thermal sensors...                                   No
    AMD K10 thermal sensors...                                  No
    Intel Core family thermal sensor...                         Success!
        (driver `coretemp')
    Intel AMB FB-DIMM thermal sensor...                         No
    ...

Page 38 of 48 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •