Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Logitech MX Revolution in Dapper

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: HOWTO: Logitech MX Revolution in Dapper

You can also use xev to look at what input is sent once you have configured a button. So if you set a button to press C, make sure xev sees the C and not extra modifier keys (ctrl, alt, etc).
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro

Another thing: when i restart btnx when the config file has been updated it says in konsole:
    Restarting MX Revolution mouse event rerouter btnx

argl...what's with that MX rev that's soooo great lol!
    You'll know once you get one (everything but the price). Theres still a lot of text sprinkled throughout the program that refers to btnx as a program for MX only. Obviously this has changed, so I'll fix them when I see them.
    Last edited by daou; May 27th, 2007 at 02:13 PM.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans

Hehe no i'm still here

I sent you the current settings file.

Beans
    Distro

# Thumb button
    # Does an Alt+LeftMouseButton. Useful for dragging windows.
    Button
    rawcode = 0x01011300
    type = 0
    keycode = KEY_I
    mod1 = KEY_I
    EndButton
    This part is wrong (same goes for the other parts). The mod keys are only for ctrl, alt, shift, and start. You can fix it by setting mod1 = NONE or removing the mod1 line altogether. Does this fix your problems?
    Last edited by daou; May 27th, 2007 at 02:41 PM.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans

hmm not really. in game it works fine most of the time but in konsole for instance (not that im going to be using these mousebuttons inthere) they act like copy-past somehow.

think it has something to do with the fact that x handles a few things itself also.

but i am so happy with the result so far

if you want translations in dutch or german i can help you aswell btw.

Beans
    Distro

Note that pressing the middle mouse button on a terminal (at least gnome-terminal) is the paste command.

Did you check xev to see what key events its sending when you press the buttons? I hope its not a serious issue.

But thanks a lot for helping add support for the G5 and ironing out the initial bugs. Your nickname is now in the SUPPORTED_MICE file (http://svn.ollisalonen.com/btnx/trunk/SUPPORTED_MICE).
    Actually your first post was the catalyst for adding support for multiple mice .

I made a new thread last night in the tutorials and tips section for btnx. Once (and if ) it gets approved by the forum staff, all discussion of btnx will be moved there. It's getting a bit off topic in the MX Revolution howto.

Once the btnx thread is up, you can add howto's to the Dutch and German forums based on it if you want.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans

ahh yet another thing i've learned!! thanks.

Glad to have been helpfull. At the moment it's working just fine so i'm all happy

Secretly i hope btnx will be implemented in (k)ubuntu gutsy release....living without
    those mousebuttons was the one thing holding me back from staying out of windows 95%
    of the time!

If you need me to do anything for you in the future just pm me.

yay!

Beans
    Distro

btnx now supports VX Revolution. Got hold of a friend's VX and did the hexdumping.

Also a bug-fix in 0.2.3: pressing some buttons while moving the mouse resulted in the loss of those events. This was the case for MX's wheel left and right tilts. Not a problem anymore.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans

i've updated to 0.2.3 and everything works just fine.

you got my vote to get btnx in kubuntu gutsy as a standard once it comes out

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I just bought an MX Revolution today, and I can't seem to get btnx to make any difference whatsoever...
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong...?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast