Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Logitech MX Revolution in Dapper

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: HOWTO: Logitech MX Revolution in Dapper

Michal (not 'ae', is it?),

Thanks for the VX info. I added all the necessary bits into the howto. It's an MX/VX Revolution howto now. Plus I clarified a few bits you pointed out, at least I think I did .

About the receiver being plugged in and out into the same port: apparently it's not a problem. However, when I was testing the MX in Windows XP and switched to receiver port to different one, and then back to the original one, the physical location had changed. Apparently if it gets recognized in a different port, it rearranges the physical locations somehow. Anyway, better safe than sorry and always keep it in the same port .

If you see anything else that needs cleaning, don't hesitate to point it out.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Is there anyway to swap the right and left wheel tilt? It's a bit annoying in firefox having it the other way around.

I know I could use xvkbd and xbindkeys but I remember there a few options in xorg.conf that could do the trick.

Beans

Nice work with the how-to.
    I was having issues with my xserver crashing on every other boot.
    Your edit resolved that problem.
    Would be nice if we could figure out how to increase the resolution now.

Beans
    Distro

Is there anyway to swap the right and left wheel tilt? It's a bit annoying in firefox having it the other way around.

I know I could use xvkbd and xbindkeys but I remember there a few options in xorg.conf that could do the trick.
    No other way that I'm aware of. The tweaks made to the input device section in xorg.conf probably won't allow whatever trick it was that you saw. I'll try looking into this.

Nice work with the how-to.
    I was having issues with my xserver crashing on every other boot.
    Your edit resolved that problem.
    Would be nice if we could figure out how to increase the resolution now.
    Good to hear the howto helped. I've been trying to look into the lomoco utility that detyabozhye's guide mentioned (for added resolution). When I installed lomoco it simply recognized my Revo as an unsupported device (it did recognize my older optical one though). We might just have to wait for the developers to add support. We should probably inform them about the lack of support.
    echo -e "\x6f\x61\x73\x61\x6c\x6f\x6e\x65\x6e\x40\x67 \b\x6d\x61\x69\x6c\x2e\x63\x6f\x6d"
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans

Lomoco author ("They") asks to mail him the /proc/bus/input/devices and lsusb -v output, so we only need to mail him lsusb -v

For me it seems that Rev VX "boots" as an 800 dpi device, as it's so much faster and responsive comparing to the old 300 dpi mouse - as far as I know there's no resolution switching like G5 in the win drivers, so the Revolutions may just be one resolution - 800 dpi (IMHO, of course).

Cheers
    Michał

Beans
    Distro

Michał,

Could you take care of sending the lsusb and /proc/.../devices to the developers of lomoco (for both the MX and VX Revolution) because you apparently got hold of them already?

I've attached the following:

mxrevo_devices : contains MX Revolution section of cat /proc/bus/input/devices
    mxrevo_lsusb: contains MX Revolution section of lsusb -v
    Attached Files Attached Files
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    Michał,
    (for the sake of US-ASCII only guys let's stay with Michal, that doesn't hurt that much ).

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    Could you take care of sending the lsusb and /proc/.../devices to the developers of lomoco (for both the MX and VX Revolution) because you apparently got hold of them already?
    Sure, if only I get a working email adress. The one I found is not promising, but I'll try anyway.

Michal

Beans
    Distro

for the sake of US-ASCII only guys let's stay with Michal, that doesn't hurt that much

Michal,
    I'll try subscribing to the lomoco dev. mailing list as well. Tell me if you run into to trouble sending the info. I'll take care of it then. I just want to avoid double posting the same issue there.
    It compiles! Ship it!

Beans

Thanks for the very helpful HowTo. Have everything working as I'd like except this: I want the "search" button on the mouse to work as a middle-mouse button.

At a guess, I remaped keycode "122" as "Pointer_Button2" using Xmodmap. It looks like it took ("xmodmap -pk" prints "keycode 122 = Pointer_Button2") but it doesn't actually work as a middle mouse click.

Since all the existing guides work on the "map mouse click to keyboard shortcut" direction, I'm at a loss for going the other way.

Any ideas?

Beans

Lost Creation -

You need xkbset to make it work:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install xkbset
    Then assign it:
    Code:
    xmodmap -e "keycode 122 = Pointer_Button2"
    xkbset m
    Enjoy!

Thanks to hajk
    Last edited by NobodySpecial; November 19th, 2006 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Fixed keycode.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast