Thread: Why is a thread being created in my name?

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: How do I remove Gnome/Xubuntu?

Aysiu, I would like to know why it's acceptable for others to create threads in my name???? I know I didn't start this thread, Petri has copied and pasted from a thread about removing Gnome from Xubuntu. I find this completely out of line and I would like something done about it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy79 View Post
    Aysiu, I would like to know why it's acceptable for others to create threads in my name???? I know I didn't start this thread, Petri has copied and pasted from a thread about removing Gnome from Xubuntu. I find this completely out of line and I would like something done about it.
    This thread was started on your user account?

If you would like to continue this, please post a thread in the Resolution Center with further details
    Last edited by PriceChild; October 13th, 2006 at 06:35 PM.
    Every time you install Jaunty, a kitten........ wait sorry what year is this again?
    Please don't PM support questions, post a thread so that everyone can benefit
    Join us in #ubuntuforums on irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by PriceChild
    If you would like to continue this, please post a thread in the Resolution Center with further details
    I've moved it to the Resolution Center.

I would like to know why it's acceptable for others to create threads in my name???? I know I didn't start this thread
    I moved your posts because the argument was getting out of hand and off-topic, so I moved the posts to a new thread with an appropriate subject heading.

You appear to have started the thread because yours was the first post that appeared to be wholly on the new topic.
    Last edited by aysiu; October 13th, 2006 at 06:45 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by aysiu View Post
    I've moved it to the Resolution Center.

I moved your posts because the argument was getting out of hand and off-topic, so I moved the posts to a new thread with an appropriate subject heading.

You appear to have started the thread because yours was the first post that appeared to be wholly on the new topic.
    This is a ubsurd and I don't agree with you or anyone just being able to pick up someones post and do what you want with it. Especially starting some bogus thread which I wasn't asking the entire forum community, I was only asking Petri. I am just gonna leave this alone now because I enjoy helping others as well as getting help when I need it.

Beans

Re: Why is a thread being created in my name?

This has been explained. The actions of the staff were within the guidlines.
    Here is an extrct from the guidlines

The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the web-master, administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic or post at any time should they see fit under the guidelines specified below. You agree that the web-master, administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to send a private message with a warning and or censor any forum user who is in violation of forum policy.
    1. Respect the Forum Staff. We provide a service in our free time to keep the forum running efficiently. We will occasionally ask for input, but in some cases we will not, please respect our decisions. Also, we do edit for content, if you have an issue with our moderation, please open a request in the forums resolution center.
    2. Profanity: Mild profanity/swearing is allowed in the context of general speech. Explicit profanity/swearing is not allowed, and under no circumstances will we allow any profanity to be directed toward another person. Please see the Code of Conduct:Be Considerate, and the Code of Conduct:Be Respectful for more exact specifications.
    3. Forum Threads and Flaming:
      • Flaming And Condescending Messages: Messages personally attacking, calling names, or otherwise harassing or being condescending to another forum member or any ethnic or religious group will be removed or moved to "The Backyard" based on the moderators decision.
      • If the thread is flame-bait, it will be locked or removed without notice. Individual flame-bait may be deleted or edited at the moderators' discretion. Certain users who continue to post flame-bait or engage in other questionable practices (such as trolling) may be subject to more serious sanctions.
      • If the thread turns into pure flaming, it will be locked or removed without notice. Sometimes a moderator may split the thread or delete certain portions in order to keep the discussion going.

I do suggest you read the guidlines again fully.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Why is a thread being created in my name?

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    This has been explained. The actions of the staff were within the guidlines.
    Here is an extrct from the guidlines

The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the web-master, administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic or post at any time should they see fit under the guidelines specified below. You agree that the web-master, administrators and moderators of this forum have the right to send a private message with a warning and or censor any forum user who is in violation of forum policy.
    1. Respect the Forum Staff. We provide a service in our free time to keep the forum running efficiently. We will occasionally ask for input, but in some cases we will not, please respect our decisions. Also, we do edit for content, if you have an issue with our moderation, please open a request in the forums resolution center.
    2. Profanity: Mild profanity/swearing is allowed in the context of general speech. Explicit profanity/swearing is not allowed, and under no circumstances will we allow any profanity to be directed toward another person. Please see the Code of Conduct:Be Considerate, and the Code of Conduct:Be Respectful for more exact specifications.
    3. Forum Threads and Flaming:
      • Flaming And Condescending Messages: Messages personally attacking, calling names, or otherwise harassing or being condescending to another forum member or any ethnic or religious group will be removed or moved to "The Backyard" based on the moderators decision.
      • If the thread is flame-bait, it will be locked or removed without notice. Individual flame-bait may be deleted or edited at the moderators' discretion. Certain users who continue to post flame-bait or engage in other questionable practices (such as trolling) may be subject to more serious sanctions.
      • If the thread turns into pure flaming, it will be locked or removed without notice. Sometimes a moderator may split the thread or delete certain portions in order to keep the discussion going.

I do suggest you read the guidlines again fully.
    Thank you for pointing out the fact that moderators have unjust privalages. I will read over the guidelines FULLY if you can go over the guidelines with your staff as he failed to mention to me that he took it upon himself to just cut and paste what he wanted from a thread and start a new one in my name. I only found out afthat a new thread was started in myname after pm'ing pricechild because I noticed that a post of mine had disappeared. If the moderators are gonna do this kind of thing they should at least inform the individual!! Thank you again for your help and professionalism regarding this matter.