Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Howto: [Edgy] Fix crashes with Xgl+fglrx on r200 cards (e.g., Mobility Radeon 9000)

Beans

Re: Howto: [Edgy] Fix random xgl crashes with Mobility Radeon 9000 + fglrx

Misha,

I'm using your patch and I followed your howto to use gdb with Xgl, here is the output for the bt command in gdb:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
    [Switching to Thread -1212475728 (LWP 10086)]
    0xb7f0c520 in glitz_context_make_current () from /usr/lib/libglitz.so.1
    (gdb) bt
    #0 0xb7f0c520 in glitz_context_make_current () from /usr/lib/libglitz.so.1
    #1 0xb7915e03 in xglxUseXorgMsg () from /usr/lib/xorg/modules/xgl/libxglx.so
    #2 0xb791b7a9 in xglxUseXorgMsg () from /usr/lib/xorg/modules/xgl/libxglx.so
    #3 0xb796e06d in __glXForceCurrent () from /usr/lib/xorg/modules/xgl/libglxext.so
    #4 0xb798d403 in DoGetString () from /usr/lib/xorg/modules/xgl/libglxext.so
    #5 0xb798d65c in DoGetString () from /usr/lib/xorg/modules/xgl/libglxext.so
    #6 0xb796e5d0 in __glXFreeContext () from /usr/lib/xorg/modules/xgl/libglxext.so
    #7 0x08089aea in Dispatch ()
    #8 0x0809ac89 in main ()

Could this help?

Thanks,
    Felipe

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Hello Misha,
    I've noticed that ATI dropped support for the 9000 a couple releases ago. Are you using the last supported driver for the 9000, 8.28.8 or are you still able to use the newer versions (8.31.5) even without official support?

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

I am using 8.28.8. Haven't tried 8.31.5, I would believe it wouldn't work anymore, but I haven't tried either so I can't be sure.

Misha

p.s. as for the openGL bug I will try to look into it this weekend. The debugging output is helpful fsalum, but unfortunately I will have to recompile the package with debugging symbols (it's actually pretty easy you just have to comment out dh_strip in debian/rules) as that way it gives the actual line numbers in the code and not just the functions.

Quote Originally Posted by shizeon View Post
    Hello Misha,
    I've noticed that ATI dropped support for the 9000 a couple releases ago. Are you using the last supported driver for the 9000, 8.28.8 or are you still able to use the newer versions (8.31.5) even without official support?

Thanks!

Beans

Thanks Misha!!

It will be great to run it without crashing!!

Beans

I have the latest beryl and it keeps crashing and crashing no matter what I do.
    Your patch made it work better but it still crashes.I hate ati.I'm using the fglrx driver with a radeon card.

Does anyone have any ideea ?

Beans

Hi! I'm running Dapper right now, but I have the same problem with my video card. I have an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 of 32 mb and in addition I have 1 Gb of RAM. When I try to start the XGL session the error that gives me is: No display found. Any ideas? Do you know if the patch that you used can be applied to Dapper??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Hi I think you are having a different error although this patch may be useful later if you get it working and Xgl still crashes. You need to ensure that Xgl is running (you will notice things redraw slower, and also if you do
    Code:
    env | grep DISPLAY
    in Terminal it should tell you you are running on Display :1). Do you see that?

Misha

Quote Originally Posted by andre_txk View Post
    Hi! I'm running Dapper right now, but I have the same problem with my video card. I have an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 of 32 mb and in addition I have 1 Gb of RAM. When I try to start the XGL session the error that gives me is: No display found. Any ideas? Do you know if the patch that you used can be applied to Dapper??

Beans

Hey Misha, thanks for the patch. Having some random issues compiling that .deb package (patched). I think I'm missing some random build tools though I can't identify which.

Can you post a link again to the deb package you made??
    "Oh bother," said the Borg, "we've assimilated Winnie the Pooh."

BerylOnEdgy

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by plush View Post
    Hey Misha, thanks for the patch. Having some random issues compiling that .deb package (patched). I think I'm missing some random build tools though I can't identify which.

Can you post a link again to the deb package you made??
    NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVERMIND. It worked. Great patch! So far works great. For wobbly windows set resolution to be like 1 for a super-smooth window.

BerylOnEdgy

Beans

Any way to get rid of that SLOOOOOOOW 2D window open from opening a panel applet? It looks like how it does on gnome GDM.
    Last edited by plush; December 1st, 2006 at 09:34 PM.

BerylOnEdgy

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast