Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How To Install 32 bit ZSNES without chroot on amd64

Beans

Re: How To Install 32 bit ZSNES without chroot on amd64

hmmm. so I did a reinstall of x86_64 (for one, upgraded to feisty but also to try the zsnes amd64 package on a fresh install). I'm having the exact same problems. Even the i386.deb (which runs fine in x86) seg faults when using --force-architecture.

I compiled zsnes using the following commands (after downloading source and cd to src directory within zsnes):
    Code:
    ./autogen.sh --enable-release --enable-libao
    make
    And then I simply wrapped the binary in a nice comfy *.deb. I will try to see if I can fix this, so for now the zsnes amd64 .deb's are broken.
    Last edited by dfreer; April 22nd, 2007 at 09:08 PM. Reason: wrong command name

Beans

Re: How To Install 32 bit ZSNES without chroot on amd64

it seems that if you compile zsnes with libao support it segfaults. Prolly has to do with libao dependencies. I will continue to work on libao support, but for now I will update my amd64 .debs so that libao is not included. the link in my profile should take you to them (check changes.txt for details)

compiling from svn (zsnes version 1.52), with libao and release enabled, produces binaries that don't seg fault. However, from the output it looks like it is using SDL instead of libao.
    Code:
    $ ./zsnes.svn.release.libao
    ZSNES v1.52, (c) 1997-2007, ZSNES Team
    Be sure to check http://www.zsnes.com/ for the latest version.

ZSNES is written by the ZSNES Team (See AUTHORS.TXT)
    ZSNES comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.  This is free software,
    and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions;
    please read 'LICENSE.TXT' thoroughly before doing so.

Use ZSNES -? for command line definitions.

Starting Mouse detection.
    Unable to poll /dev/input/event5. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
    Unable to poll /dev/input/event6. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
    Unable to poll /dev/input/event4. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
    Unable to poll /dev/input/event3. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
    Unable to poll /dev/input/event2. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
    Unable to poll /dev/input/event1. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
    Unable to poll /dev/input/event0. Make sure you have read permissions to it.
    ManyMouse: 0 mice detected.

Audio Opened.
    Driver: Simple DirectMedia Layer output
    Channels: 2
    Rate: 32000

ZSNES could not find any joysticks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123