Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How To Install 32 bit ZSNES without chroot on amd64

Beans

Re: How To Install 32 bit ZSNES without chroot on amd64

Thanks for the guide, I am on Edgy and is working for me, just the sound is not the best quality, but it doesn't matter, any possibilty for a newer deb? for instance the last wip, or a svn release?

EDIT: I installed the Ubuntu deb (its v.1.42) and the sound now is working great!!
    Last edited by janfsd; December 18th, 2006 at 10:58 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by janfsd View Post
    Thanks for the guide, I am on Edgy and is working for me, just the sound is not the best quality, but it doesn't matter, any possibilty for a newer deb? for instance the last wip, or a svn release?

EDIT: I installed the Ubuntu deb (its v.1.42) and the sound now is working great!!
    oh that version always gave me problems

Beans

hmmm... I'm running a Intel Core 2 Duo (with Edgy 64-bit), so maybe that makes a difference. But I was able to download all of the dependencies, and then install the zsnes package without a problem. Works great! Thanks for the guide.

Beans

Well, I managed to compile the last version (1.50).
    However the svn version has implented libao support, I think it is better than sdl (and gives me a better quality of sound), and it's no hard to compile

Beans

Well I am posting one of the latest svn builds (it includes libao) so if you have problems with sdl, then this works better:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/11407904/zsnes.tar.gz

To run, with libao, type:
    Code:
    ./zsnes -ad oss
    you can change oss with alsa, esd ,arts,etc. but for me oss works the best (i get some sound delay with alsa option)
    Don't forget to install the libao libraries (32 bit) Just extract them in /usr/lib32 and sudo ldconfig

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by janfsd View Post
    Well I am posting one of the latest svn builds (it includes libao) so if you have problems with sdl, then this works better:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/11407904/zsnes.tar.gz

To run, with libao, type:
    Code:
    ./zsnes -ad oss
    you can change oss with alsa, esd ,arts,etc. but for me oss works the best (i get some sound delay with alsa option)
    Don't forget to install the libao libraries (32 bit) Just extract them in /usr/lib32 and sudo ldconfig
    that didn't work for me but the one i have is working just fine

Beans

here's zsnes stable version 1.51 *.debs with libao compiled in (I compiled them both in Ubuntu Feisty, although they should install on Dapper and Edgy).

zsnes 1.51 for amd64
    zsnes 1.51 for i386

Oh yeah, they should both launch from Applications > Games > zsnes

Let me know if they help anyone/if there is any problems with them!
    Last edited by dfreer; April 11th, 2007 at 05:23 AM. Reason: forgot info

Beans

updated the .deb files so that they are official builds (recompiled with both --enable-release and --enable-libao). Same links as before.

Beans

dfreer: Tried your method on a AMD64 bit install of Feisty, ZSNES promptly seg-faults with a core-dump I have lib32ncurses installed and have the libao libraries in /lib32, even did an ldd to check and make sure it has all the required libraries, stumped myself, but if you could pass along how you compiled it on AMD64 Fiesty, please let me know, ok?

Beans

hmmm I'll check it out. It isn't compiled in amd64, it is a x86 build using a AMD64 package. For now you can use the i386 build with:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture zsnes_latest_i386.deb
    Since that is basically the same as the AMD64 package (although the AMD64 package would install things *nicely*). I'll try to create a how-to and update the amd64.deb here really quick.

Could you post all output, in case I can't get it to reproduce? Also, what version of Ubuntu are you using?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast