Thread: Purchase Official Ubuntu CE CDs

Beans
    Hidden!

Purchase Official Ubuntu CE CDs

You can purchase the Ubuntu Christian Edition CDs from the Official Ubuntu CE distributor, Woven Thorns Productions. The CDs are printed using Direct Printing technology so you will receive a professional quality CD containing the complete Ubuntu CE operating system.

The CD can be used as a LiveCD or installed directly to your hard drive. Using it as a LiveCD is a great way to check out Ubuntu CE without touching your Windows installation.

You can, of course, download Ubuntu CE for Free and burn it to a CD yourself. However, those without a fast broadband internet connection may find it better to simply purchase the CD for only $5.00/each plus $0.75 shipping.

Visit the Purchase Official CDs Page

God Bless, Jereme

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: Purchase Official Ubuntu CE CDs

Just to see what the fuss was all about: I'll give you the cost of the CD + 10% profit for you + shipping. 5 bucks is a ripoff.
    Registered Ubuntu User # 4119
    Have you Prayed today?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by punkinside View Post
    Just to see what the fuss was all about: I'll give you the cost of the CD + 10% profit for you + shipping. 5 bucks is a ripoff.
    Well, you can buy the CDs from Ebay, Osdir, and many other sites that offer Distros on disc and yes many of them are cheaper.

However, buying the Official discs from the project site is a way to help support the Ubuntu CE project. I mean the user gets a fully functional Christian Operating System for $5.75 total and they get to support the project at the same time.

So if you think it is a ripoff, I am guessing that you do not support this project in general. Am I right?

Here is a pic of one of the original tests discs.

Jereme

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

It's just so...shiny. I actually think that it's a pretty good price for a full OS, seeing as how some OSs(which I won't mention, but we all know who they are) cost over $100. If you really think it's too much, you could always just pay a different site to burn it for you, as many other sites have programs set up where you can pay them to burn a cd for you.
    ~Jordan Montgomery

Beans
    Hidden!

"The Linux Store" has become the official Ubuntu CE distributor.

God Bless, Jereme