Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HOWTO: Multimedia keys

Beans

Smile Re: HOWTO: Multimedia keys

Hi there folks,

I am a complete Ubuntu noob, I had a set of 5.04 disks that a lecturer at uni gave me. (lit major, hence noob) and yesterday after finally becomeing aggrivated enough with windows and the inability to get rid of a couple of virus short of siping it and starting from scratch I figured I would give Ubuntu a try. In a word; awesome!

My only complaint was my new fancy (read $15aus) logitech keyboard's media buttons didn't work, now they do. Thanks alot to piedamaro for starting the thread (and solving my problem in the first three lines) and everyone else for helping others with their problems, the Ubuntu community rocks!

Thanks alot

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Multimedia keys

If anyone is having the problem where xev doesn't show info on multimedia keypresses (ie. all zeros), one thing to try is disabling legacy USB support in your BIOS and retrying the keytouch approach mentioned at the top of this thread. There was a posting suggesting this found here: http://preview.tinyurl.com/3ysf85
    Apparently the latest kenel possible has issues with USB. I wish I'd found that posting a week ago. It worked for me.

Beans

Hello to all...
    I recently upgraded from 7.04 to 7.10...
    The multimedia keys volume up/down and the mute are not functioning in my keyboard. In 7.04, they worked out-of-the-box. Rest all the keys like Media, www, Play/Pause, etc. are working fine. I tried KeyTouch too, but that didn't help.
    How should I rectify the problem?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have an issue with Keytouch that I am having a really difficult time with. The problem is that Keytouch does its job too well.

I want Keytouch to work for my mutimedia keys (play-pause, stop, previous, next) which it does, but I want other actions--specifically the volume up and down--to be handled by Gnome as if Keytouch were not installed. The default command for Keytouch is through amixer, but even if I change that I cannot make Keytouch not handle the volume keys.

For my life I cannot seem to make this happen. I also tried Hotkeys, which I have used in the past, but it has the same problem. It will control everything or nothing.

Please let me know if you have a solution to this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234