Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Firefox can't remember my password

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Beans
    158

    Exclamation Firefox can't remember my password

    Hi to all ,

    I use Firefox and I love one functionality that Firefox remembers all login and passwords that i use for my websites.

    But in this forums , Firefox didn't remember my password only remember my login.

    I see that when i type my password and click into login , the password is cleaned and i think this is why firefox can't store it.

    When this bug in the forums would be fixed ?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Rubyville
    Beans
    743

    Re: Firefox can't remember my password

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanC
    I see that when i type my password and click into login , the password is cleaned and i think this is why firefox can't store it.

    When this bug in the forums would be fixed ?
    Ok, first of all, it's not a bug in the Forums.

    It's possibly a bug in the way you told firefox to remember your information. If you told firefox to never remember the password for this site, but yet accepted the cookie from the site, and told the site to remember you -

    You would have a login screen with your name and no password each time.

    To fix the problem, you'd need to remove the forum site from your list of sites in firefox and then come to the forums again, and tell firefox to remember your password.
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Beans
    158

    Re: Firefox can't remember my password

    Quote Originally Posted by kassetra
    Ok, first of all, it's not a bug in the Forums.

    It's possibly a bug in the way you told firefox to remember your information. If you told firefox to never remember the password for this site, but yet accepted the cookie from the site, and told the site to remember you -
    This doesn't the problem , I delete the site from the list and i went to the site i type the same and FireFox only remenber login i try it several times.Always said yes to FireFox store it.

    Because of this , i saw that when you type the password and click into login , the password is cleaned and i think save into other variable and send to the server.

    I think this is a bug , because , if the forum cleaned the password , FireFox wouldn't remember it.

    When this bug in the forums would be fixed ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Rubyville
    Beans
    743

    Re: Firefox can't remember my password

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanC
    Because of this , i saw that when you type the password and click into login , the password is cleaned and i think save into other variable and send to the server.

    I think this is a bug , because , if the forum cleaned the password , FireFox wouldn't remember it.

    When this bug in the forums would be fixed ?
    No, it is not a bug in the forums, firefox cleans out a password if you told it to NOT remember the password.

    You have to remove the site from the list of sites you've told firefox to remember passwords for, dump your cache, and then shutdown and restart firefox.

    If this were a bug in the forums, none of us would be able to keep signed on.
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Beans
    158

    Re: Firefox can't remember my password

    Quote Originally Posted by kassetra
    No, it is not a bug in the forums, firefox cleans out a password if you told it to NOT remember the password.

    You have to remove the site from the list of sites you've told firefox to remember passwords for, dump your cache, and then shutdown and restart firefox.

    If this were a bug in the forums, none of us would be able to keep signed on.
    But i tell to FireFox to remember it.

    Have you got FireFox ?

    My FireFox version is 1.0.2 and the password manager only don't remenber password in this site.

    When in the preferences tab in privacy i select to show all logins and passwords , only in this site the password field is null and the login is store correctly.

    I try that you say a lot of times and the password manager don't store it , i shutdown and restart firefox also.

    I don't say that anybody can sign-on , i only say that you have to type it manually because the password manager don't remenber the password.
    Last edited by JuanC; April 15th, 2005 at 10:35 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Beans
    57

    Re: Firefox can't remember my password

    It happens because vBulletin uses Javascript to clear the password field right after you press either enter or "Login" (or whatever the button is).

    Firefox only saves it after the input is cleared, and thus you have a problem.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    London
    Beans
    400
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

    Re: Firefox can't remember my password

    I have no problem on saving my password for this forum in firefox/konqueror on my pc at work and home!!!
    Linux Registered User: 381155

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Beans
    158

    Re: Firefox can't remember my password

    Quote Originally Posted by jensyt
    It happens because vBulletin uses Javascript to clear the password field right after you press either enter or "Login" (or whatever the button is).

    Firefox only saves it after the input is cleared, and thus you have a problem.
    Thanks jensyt , I think this is the bug.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Beans
    57

    Re: Firefox can't remember my password

    Quote Originally Posted by lao_V
    I have no problem on saving my password for this forum in firefox/konqueror on my pc at work and home!!!
    Do you have Javascript enabled? And just to clarify, he's trying to use Firefox's password-saving features, not vBulletin's use of cookies to remember your login.

    Quote Originally Posted by JuanC
    Thanks jensyt , I think this is the bug.
    I wouldn't call this a bug; I'm fairly certain it's meant to be a security feature. Disable Javascript for that one time you want to login and have it remember, and it may work. I can't make promises, though, since I'm not too well-versed in vBulletin's inner workings.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Beans
    158

    Re: Firefox can't remember my password

    Disable Javascript for that one time you want to login and have it remember, and it may work
    Thanks jensyt

    It works the fist time i do , if the second time you have enable javascript , the password were stored as null ...

    I am becoming crazy

    It so a mess that to enter to this forum , i have to disable javascript , it's more easy that the forum disable the option to clean the pass.
    Last edited by JuanC; April 15th, 2005 at 02:53 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •