Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast

Thread: How-to: Installing Torrent-Flux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: How-to: Installing Torrent-Flux

Is TorrentFlux dead or being developed elsewhere / under a different name? The main torrentflux website and package hasn´t been updated in a long time....

Beans

Hi,

I had a torrentflux working on my server for a long time, it was set up by a friend who had good skills with linux debian..

Now my server crashed and the torrentflux webpage gives me a 403 error, I 've read multiple guides and cant understand how I can start it again, as everything is set and working this shouldn't be too tricky but i'm noob :/

I understand this is ubuntu but its pretty similar and i'm pretty desperate, I hope someone can help me !

Thanks in advance

Beans

Hoping some one may be able to help.

I have installed Torrentflux and it was working fine now out of the blue the Torrent list has disappeared. I ma able to upload new torrents to the service but can not see the list to start the torrent downloading. Any ideas?

I have rebooted my server several; times and created new users but the new user accounts also do not display the torrent list...

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Excellent tutorial there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by peeyjay View Post
    Hoping some one may be able to help.

I have installed Torrentflux and it was working fine now out of the blue the Torrent list has disappeared. I ma able to upload new torrents to the service but can not see the list to start the torrent downloading. Any ideas?

I have rebooted my server several; times and created new users but the new user accounts also do not display the torrent list...
    I'm having the same problem since I upgraded from 10.04 to 10.10, same problem with 11.04

Beans

Question Re: How-to: Installing Torrent-Flux

Hi,
    I want to use TorrentFlux 2.4 on my free hosting plan for test it.
    Every things are ok;
    Perl, Phyton, PHP, MySQL....

I installed TorrentFlux. Database settings, TF files CHMOD's... etc. Installing is ok.
    But I'm getting these errors on site and I can't execute torrent files for download;

Code:
    Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/fthsglm/public_html/functions.php on line 1951
    Code:
    Warning: shell_exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/fthsglm/public_html/functions.php on line 1951
    Can anyone help me?
    Thanks..
    Last edited by silentwimble; July 23rd, 2012 at 11:49 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I believe TorrentFlux project is dead and out of maintenance, I'm using uTorrent, it works good so far

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

@silentwimble: see also TorrentFlux-NG

Beans

To anyone who had a problem with the MySQL part of this when getting to the database creation/find - this is what I had to do to get round it:

If you get his error:
    Query Error: CREATE TABLE tf_test ( tf_key VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL default '', tf_value TEXT NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (tf_key) ) TYPE=MyISAM

The bit at the end TYPE=MyISAM is no longer valid in the version of MySQL currently installed on Ubuntu Server 12.04 - you have to edit the following file in /var/www/torrentflux/html/inc/install/queries.install.php to replace TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM.

After that, provided you have got your other information correct, it should work fine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

My god... this, right here solved all my problems! Finding this answer was like finding a needle in a haystack. I've been pulling my hair out for the last few hours.

THANKS!

Quote Originally Posted by furiousanger View Post
    To anyone who had a problem with the MySQL part of this when getting to the database creation/find - this is what I had to do to get round it:

If you get his error:
    Query Error: CREATE TABLE tf_test ( tf_key VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL default '', tf_value TEXT NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (tf_key) ) TYPE=MyISAM

The bit at the end TYPE=MyISAM is no longer valid in the version of MySQL currently installed on Ubuntu Server 12.04 - you have to edit the following file in /var/www/torrentflux/html/inc/install/queries.install.php to replace TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM.

After that, provided you have got your other information correct, it should work fine.

Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast