Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast

Thread: How-to: Installing Torrent-Flux

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: How-to: Installing Torrent-Flux

Quote Originally Posted by leet_2k View Post
    TorrentFlux Database/SQL Error Database error: Access denied for user 'torrentflux'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I tried going to
    sudo nano /var/www/torrentflux/config.php

and got a blank page.
    Did you install torrentflux to "/var/www/torrentflux/" ? Browse to "/var/www/" and see if the "torrentflux" directory exists, and then check inside to make sure you see all the necessary files. In particular, check that "config.php" is there.

If the file is indeed there, try opening it with a different text editor and see what's inside. You can make the modifications with any text editor.

If the file is missing, you'll need to copy it from the install folder you un-tarred in a previous step.

If the file is there, but blank, you should also over-write it with the default "config.php" from the torrentflux installation tarfile.
    New users: Be sure you understand commands before using them (especially sudo and rm).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Cool Re: How-to: Installing Torrent-Flux

Is torrentflux still working? I got it up and running no problem but only torrent-portal gives results. none of the other ones work at all, and when I download something it just stays at 0. is there any way to add more search engines like kickasstorrents?

Beans

I always use torrentflux-b4rt because it has so much better functuality, and more tools for monitoring

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thank you Bigg2, I'll take a look into it and let you know how it turns out

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

It works fine. There are some functions that are deprecated in PHP 5.3 but they are easily replaced with the "preg_" equivalents + surrounding the match strings with "/".

Beans

I have been having this problem when I reboot my server all of my seeds say INCOMPLETE and there size goes to zero. When I try to restart them it makes an attempt then fails. I have to delete it then add the torrent again and start it again and it is fine. How can I make it restart on reboot?

Beans

Hi,

After i had a power-breakdown in my house the server is running just fine besides torrentflux.

When i try to login i get the following error :
    Debug SQL is on.

SQL: INSERT INTO tf_log ( USER_ID, FILE, ACTION, IP, IP_RESOLVED, USER_AGENT, TIME ) VALUES ( 'jakes', '/torrentflux/index.php', 'HIT', '192.168.111.7', '192.168.111.7', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/6.0.472.63 Safari/534.3', '1286944656' )

Database error: Duplicate entry '84305' for key 'PRIMARY'

Always check your database variables in the config.php file.
    Any ide to what to do to fix this?

Regards,
    Jacob

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I appear to have fully installed torrentflux properly. But I've run into a few problems. For one, not all torrents are working. Two are because I know there are no seeds, so I'm not worried about that one. But the other one is the recently released History Insurance by WikiLeaks, and it's not doing anything.

Then there's seeding. I put two sets of files, fully downloaded, on my torrentflux box with the intention of seeding them. But for some reason they won't seed. Under "Estimated Time" it says "Download Failed!" and under "Status" it says "DONE" and I'm have no idea why it won't work! What am I doing wrong.

My approach has gone thusly: I would place the files in the torrentflux download directory and then upload the .torrent files through the main torrentflux interface. Typically this works in other clients. Am I missing something like a crucial step? Is there a workaround? Can I alter the database directly and tell it the download has already completed so it should just seed? WHAT!?

I know torrentflux is fully installed and working properly because another torrent I aquired downloaded fine and is currently seeding fine as well.

Beans

I am trying to find a location to set two commonly used parameters.
    1) Incomplete torrent download directory (aka where the files sit as they are being downloaded)
    2) Complete Torrent download directory (where they are moved to upon completion)

I normally set both of these to a separate larger file system s to not crowd my main FS. But I do not see those params?
    Please advise thanks!

Beans

Hi! im trying to download a torrent from a torrent site there u have to register to download and now when I'm trying to copy the link adress to torrentflux it needs the password. Anyone know how u get so it never ask for the password when link adress is put in torrentflux =)

thnx!

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 LastLast