Thread: In need of suggestions

Beans

In need of suggestions

Hello all, I'm pretty new here (linux) and even newer to gaming on a linux machine. I found some links and checked out some native linux games but none of them really look like something I would be interested in. I was hoping that someone could suggest another game I might like, I do have cedega so it doesn't have to be local. I enjoy mmorpgs like Lineage 2 and Silkroad Online. I would play on a WoW private server but I was reading about problems with the fglrx ATI driver. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to let me know.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: In need of suggestions

If you are into turn-based strategy, definitely check this out: www.wesnoth.org

Hmm.. another one could possibly be Eternal Lands, a mmorpg: www.eternal-lands.com

Also, if you have never played it, Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory is an excellent online FPS. Just search for it in Google.
    Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies. - Till Lindemann

Ubuntu#9198

Beans

I'm sorry to say it but enemy territory is the only decent game I've found to run on linux. The rest are either terrible or look like they were made in 1973.
    Windows games never work for me under wine or cvscedega and I've tried about 1000 of them. Even the supposed ones which are supposed to work don't.

Hence if you want a good gaming experience I'd recommend dual booting with windows or get a game console.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by slimdog360 View Post
    Hence if you want a good gaming experience I'd recommend dual booting with windows or get a game console.
    I was worried someone would say that...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Enemy Territory is great fun! It seems to be the only "decent" game that is native on Linux, but there are some out there that can be fun at times.

(native in that context: able to be run without wine)
    Love is like a flower, even the most beautiful kind dies. - Till Lindemann

Ubuntu#9198

Beans

I should mention vdrift, its not too bad, but far from great. You really do have to get used to it and play it for a while before you start to like it.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge