Thread: Onboard (Sok) question

Beans

Onboard (Sok) question

hello first of all I thank you for this great tool that onboard is , it is really formidable, very adapted to my needs and easy to use.

I'm actually using the xvkbd keyboard for my day to day computer use. resently i tried onboard on the edgy liveCd and i have been quite impressed. However i would have a question/remark/feature request :

Would it be possible ( or do you know a way ) to make a " Shift click " using onboard ? (for exemple in order to select large bunches of text)

I didn't find any official place to ask this question so please direct me if you know of a more appropriate place to post.

Thanks again

cheers

Beans

Re: Onboard (Sok) question

Hm, that's an interesting use case. At the moment out sticky key solution does not actually set the shift state of the keyboard so we avoid interfering with other applications. It just shifts they keys you press on onBoard.

We could implement this, though it might interfere with the built in StickyKeys facility.

On the layer that has function keys, there is a button used to change over the mouse buttons (left to right). Perhaps that would be the right place for a shift-click feature (and alt and ctrl)?
    Henrik Nilsen OmmaUbuntu QA Team Lead

Beans

hello

Thank you for your answer.

it would be terrific to have a shift-click (alt, ctrl...) in the function keys layer.

thanks again

cheers

Beans

I've found another work around to the problem so now modifiers do work in the way you expect in the newest version of onboard. Hopefully this will get in edgy.