Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ubuntu CE v1.3 released!!

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Ubuntu CE v1.3 released!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian.Sportsman View Post
    Where can the new wallpapers be found? I looked in /usr/share/ and wasn't able to find them. I looked at the CarriedCross site and really liked their wallpapers, so if you'll reveal the secret location...

But seriously, I really like what I've seen of the distro so far, your team has done a great job.

Thanks,
    SLW 8)
    They are located in /usr/share/backgrounds/

Thanks for your kind words. I hope you find Ubuntu CE useful.

God Bless, Jereme

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by bthumper View Post
    Used the "Check CD for defects" option and get 3 failed checksum errors. Hmmmm.

Will try downloading again.
    I used Reconstructor as well as UCK to create this release. I just read something about getting checksum failures on the Reconstructor site. At least I think it was on the Reconstructor site. I will definitely be looking into this. Thanks and let me know what else you find.

Thanks, Jereme

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by mhancoc7 View Post
    I used Reconstructor as well as UCK to create this release. I just read something about getting checksum failures on the Reconstructor site. At least I think it was on the Reconstructor site. I will definitely be looking into this. Thanks and let me know what else you find.

Thanks, Jereme
    Ok, I was wrong. It is UCK that is causing the issue. Here is the link to the launchpad bug report.
    https://launchpad.net/products/uck/+bug/61600

I will be following this closely. I am still not sure why you are not able to install with using the Manual Partitioning.

Thanks, Jereme

Beans
    Hidden!

Ok there has been a fix for the UCK script. I will be working to make sure it fixes the issue and if so I will be releasing the fix with the next release which will probably come sooner than I had planned.
    Thanks, Jereme

Beans
    Hidden!

Ok there has been a fix for the UCK script. I will be working to make sure it fixes the issue and if so I will be releasing the fix with the next release which will probably come sooner than I had planned.
    Thanks, Jereme
    Yep, getting the same results... checksum failures and freezing during partitioning.

Will try it again on the next release.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I too got the 3 items check sum error when I did a check cd, however my iso check sum is ok? How can that be? I'll try burning it again to see if it makes any difference.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by silvagroup View Post
    I too got the 3 items check sum error when I did a check cd, however my iso check sum is ok? How can that be? I'll try burning it again to see if it makes any difference.
    I am not sure, but I am wrapping up testing on v1.4 that fixes the issue.
    God Bless, Jereme

Beans

Re: Latest Release Info:

Yes you can make the changes using your root account (sudo). PM me and I will give you instructions.
    God Bless, Jereme
    Jeremy,
    I am in the same situation, could you provide me with the instructions to unlock the Firefox Proxy as well. I am not able to connect at all. Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Latest Release Info:

Quote Originally Posted by cre8ivgil View Post
    Jeremy,
    I am in the same situation, could you provide me with the instructions to unlock the Firefox Proxy as well. I am not able to connect at all. Thanks
    I just sent you instructions by PM.
    Jereme

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12