Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Ubuntu CE v1.3 released!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Ubuntu CE v1.3 released!!

    We have just released Ubuntu Christian Edition v1.3.

    There have been some changes made to the web content filtering. The Firefox proxy settings have been "locked down" to prevent users from bypassing the filtering. You can also now use your Ubuntu CE system as a network proxy/filtering server by setting the other systems proxy settings to the IP address of the Ubuntu CE system and port 8080. An "Access Denied" log has been added to the Dansguardian GUI to allow users to view information on page requests that were denied as a text based or html based document.

    Three new programs have been added to this release. They include Planner Project Scheduler, Scribus Desktop Publisher, and Nvu Web Authoring System. These can all be very useful for Churches as well as individuals.

    Three games have also been added. They include Frozen Bubble, Breakout, and Sudoku. These were added by user request.

    Other changes include the addition of wallpapers provided by CarriedCross.org, new Usplash and Bootsplash, customized default Firefox homepage and bookmarks, some minor graphical adjustments, and a minor bug fix in the Ubuntu CE Installer.

    Check it out on the project site, ChristianUbuntu.com

    God Bless, Jereme

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    9

    Re: Latest Release Info:

    I would like to use Christian Linux, but I don't want my Firefox "locked down". Is it possible for the "administrator" of my Christian system to open up the settings?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Ubuntu CE v1.3 released!!

    Live CD boots up fine but I am having problems installing.

    I get to the partition part of the installer and when I choose manual partitioning option, it seems to go into a loop and then freezes up.

    MD5 checks out ok. Downloaded and burned another CD with same results. Not sure where to go from here.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Ubuntu CE v1.3 released!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bthumper View Post
    Live CD boots up fine but I am having problems installing.

    I get to the partition part of the installer and when I choose manual partitioning option, it seems to go into a loop and then freezes up.

    MD5 checks out ok. Downloaded and burned another CD with same results. Not sure where to go from here.
    Well, I am not sure what is going on there. I will check it out and see if I can repeat the behavior.

    Thanks, Jereme

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Beans
    95
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

    Re: Ubuntu CE v1.3 released!!

    Just upgraded to Ubuntu CE v1.3 and everything's running smoothly. I really like the boot splash and Scribus too.
    ~Jordan Montgomery

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Latest Release Info:

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian_Joe_Linux View Post
    I would like to use Christian Linux, but I don't want my Firefox "locked down". Is it possible for the "administrator" of my Christian system to open up the settings?
    Yes you can make the changes using your root account (sudo). PM me and I will give you instructions.
    God Bless, Jereme

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Ubuntu CE v1.3 released!!

    Quote Originally Posted by bthumper View Post
    Live CD boots up fine but I am having problems installing.

    I get to the partition part of the installer and when I choose manual partitioning option, it seems to go into a loop and then freezes up.

    MD5 checks out ok. Downloaded and burned another CD with same results. Not sure where to go from here.
    I just tested the iso using the Manual Partitioning and it works great. Have you installed Ubuntu CE before? It may be an issue with Ubuntu in general. Jereme

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Texas
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Ubuntu CE v1.3 released!!

    Quote Originally Posted by montgoej View Post
    Just upgraded to Ubuntu CE v1.3 and everything's running smoothly. I really like the boot splash and Scribus too.
    ~Jordan Montgomery
    Great! Thanks for letting me know.
    God Bless, Jereme

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    1
    Distro
    Kubuntu 6.06

    Question Re: Ubuntu CE v1.3 released!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mhancoc7 View Post
    Other changes include the addition of wallpapers provided by CarriedCross.org...
    Where can the new wallpapers be found? I looked in /usr/share/ and wasn't able to find them. I looked at the CarriedCross site and really liked their wallpapers, so if you'll reveal the secret location...

    But seriously, I really like what I've seen of the distro so far, your team has done a great job.

    Thanks,
    SLW 8)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Ubuntu CE v1.3 released!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mhancoc7 View Post
    I just tested the iso using the Manual Partitioning and it works great. Have you installed Ubuntu CE before? It may be an issue with Ubuntu in general. Jereme
    Used the "Check CD for defects" option and get 3 failed checksum errors. Hmmmm.

    Will try downloading again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •