Thread: Adding tux to desktop

Beans

Adding tux to desktop

Hi,

Currently, I have no wallpaper - only a colored desktop. I'm interested in adding tux in the bottom right hand corner. That's all.. but I want to keep the desktop color that I have. Does anyone know how I would go about doing that?

I've also been looking around to find a simple background like that, but I can't find it. Either the backgrounds that I have founda are too elaborate, or I don't like the color that is used.

THanks so much!
    betty

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Adding tux to desktop

The simplest way I know of would be to first find a picture of Tux with a transparent background. For example, this one ( http://www.binaryshift.us/images/penguin-sit3.gif )could work, but it's a bit grainy. Then open it in GIMP. Once it's open, increase the canvas size to the size of your screen (Image -> Canvas Size) and in the same dialog, drag Tux to the bottom right corner. Save it, and set that image as your background. The transpareny will be respected and you'll just set Tux in the corner with the rest of the screen being whatever background color you choose. Alternatively, you could do the same as above and add a solid color background in place of the transparency.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

this is awesome! very funny, i sent it to my fienz...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa