Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pardus (Turkish)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Pardus (Turkish)

wonder if they are going to provide GNOME!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by cdmn View Post
    wonder if they are going to provide GNOME!
    Developers said that there wouldn't be an offical second desktop integration, until they manage to support that secondary desktop as well as KDE. They say that it's too much responsibility, for now, due to lack of developers / repo maintainers.

SOURCE: http://tr.pardus-wiki.org/23-03-2007...m.C4.B1na_Dair (Turkish)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by towsonu2003 View Post
    I take my words back. I'll have nothing to do with this distro. its devels are extremely rude.

in a bug I reported, I told them that their icon did not look nice. I even uploaded the same icon, edited to look nicer, to the bug report. Would ou like to know their answer?

the English of this is:

I'm done with them.
    Funny you say this, and it makes me chuckle. At first glance, I was horrified (well, not really, but sort of), but I completely understand where they're coming from. You're very spoiled by Ubuntu and possibly other distros that are trying their very best to get as many users involved and pleased as possible, because more users = more testers, and possibly = more developers.

Icon look is not a bug, and I agree with the devs 100% regardless of their profanity. Can you imagine if you called Apple with a "bug report" and said that your iChat logo was unappealing? This sort of recommendation should be directed towards the Artwork team and in the forums. It's still a small distro, and they have serious bugs to deal with. I'll have to remember the word SAÇMALAMAYIN if I'm ever around their forums though :^)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12