Thread: Ubuntu MUD/MUX/MUSH Servers?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Ubuntu MUD/MUX/MUSH Servers?

I was just curious to know if anyone here is running a text-based MU* server of some sort on Ubuntu and what kind of luck they are having (if anyone fits this description).

Beans

Re: Ubuntu MUD/MUX/MUSH Servers?

Quote Originally Posted by Gtaylor
    I was just curious to know if anyone here is running a text-based MU* server of some sort on Ubuntu and what kind of luck they are having (if anyone fits this description).
    i ran circle mud eons ago on a redhat box(http://www.circlemud.org/). it was a snap to compile and setup. i imagine that running it ubuntu would be as easy as downloading, compiling and running it(it was that simple in fedora).

there is a mud in universe called "mordor" you could give that a whirl. i installed that in warty, though to be honest never connected to it. it was one of those "gotta get around to checking that out" and then never did anything with it.

as far as an offical ubuntu mud, i am not aware of any. would be cool to have though.
    Cheerful Ghost - build your game list, write about awesome games and share that with the world. join us!