Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don't hold me hostage

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Don't hold me hostage

OK new users:

Ubuntu didn't work for you. Something is broken. You don't understand it. Who you gonna call? Ubuntu Forums!

We're happy to help you. But please don't hold us hostage. "Wow, nobody has helped me. This community sucks/ they lied when they said the community was excellent."

Last I checked, your signature wasn't on my paycheck. If you want to push someone around, find the neighbor's dog and kick it. Don't take it out on the fine people who are taking time out of their days to help you for nothing.

/rant.

Beans

Re: Don't hold me hostage

Oh, and as I said in another post:

Just as insulting one's religion insults them, or as insulting one's God, or just plainly insulting them, insulting my OS insults me!

Beans

Users that will most likely post something like that will probably never read your rant.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by henriquemaia View Post
    Users that will most likely post something like that will probably never read your rant.
    I know. But I really needed to say something already

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Brunellus View Post
    OK new users:

Ubuntu didn't work for you. Something is broken. You don't understand it. Who you gonna call? Ubuntu Forums!

We're happy to help you. But please don't hold us hostage. "Wow, nobody has helped me. This community sucks/ they lied when they said the community was excellent."

Last I checked, your signature wasn't on my paycheck. If you want to push someone around, find the neighbor's dog and kick it. Don't take it out on the fine people who are taking time out of their days to help you for nothing.

/rant.
    So, let me get this straight:

We'll help you, except when we don't feel like it, in which case you can go to hell. Then tell us how great we are.

Did I get that right?
    Knows difference between vibrato and tremolo.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Bezmotivnik View Post

We'll help you, except when we don't feel like it, in which case you can go to hell. Then tell us how great we are.

Did I get that right?
    Not at all. I'm just a bit irritated at this sort of attitude:

USER: I have $Problem. I can't solve it. So solve it for me, or else you all suck.
    All it takes is a rephrase to turn a surly and peremptory post into something very different:

USER: I have $problem. Can you solve this?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Bezmotivnik View Post

Did I get that right?
    People shouldnt get mad at free help. It happens alot. If people dont answer your post some use of the search should be done. Not bitching and whining about not getting help.

Honestly, I dont think Ive had one problem that someone else already didnt have and has been solved already.

Beans

To me, this reflects something about the age/social background of the user. With ubuntu reaching more and more people, this will tend to happen more. And I do understand your feeling, Brunellus.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.06

OMG SOME1 REPLY TO MY THREAD IN TEH N00B SECTION INSTEAD OF WASTING TIME IN THE OFFTOPIC FORUM!!!11ONE

</sarcasm>

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by æþeling View Post
    ...EAD IN TEH N00...

</sarcasm>
    I didnt know that was correct l33t. I do that all the time because I cant type.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast