Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

Quote Originally Posted by staubi View Post
    Hi, thanx for the HowTo!

I had just changed the "gthumb %h" for "f-spot %h" which of course didn't work..

But has someone a clue on how to prevent F-Spot from saving all files in that stupid ../2007/5/13/ folder structure? Would be great to have all files in the same folder...

Thanx staubi
    My gripe is similar, I already had a folder structure of /Year/Year_MM_DD, It's great that F-Spot makes these folders based on the day that I took the photo,and not on the day taht I sync my camera... This is exactly what I want, but can I change f-spot settings to match my existing folder structure when I sync my camera?? Many thanks in advanced.

Beans

Re: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

Actually I import my pictures using Windows Media Gallery, as I still keep WinXP (for my wife) and Ubuntu for me.
    The problem is that I got used to the YYYY-MM-DD model for folder names. I couldn't find yet a replacement for that in Ubuntu, and I don't want to start a different way of naming folders, or I may get my 17000+ photos messed.

Is there any script or software that allows me to import photos and videos from my card, using a custom folder name, and which deletes already imported files?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Admoseley View Post
    My gripe is similar, I already had a folder structure of /Year/Year_MM_DD, It's great that F-Spot makes these folders based on the day that I took the photo,and not on the day taht I sync my camera... This is exactly what I want, but can I change f-spot settings to match my existing folder structure when I sync my camera?? Many thanks in advanced.
    You can have it the other way around. If you first move your existing photos/folders to another location and then re-import those photos with F-Spot all the old photos would be structured the F-Spot way.

I use to use the Picassa way but I got use to the F-spot was and am happy with it.

Sometimes its a lot easier to accept the way a program does it instead of trying to pull your hair out because it won't do it the way you are accustomed too.
    Metal head for life \m/
    http://www.ravalonline.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123