Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Beans
    537

    Re: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

    im having a problem with this, it works great , i stick in my camera card, it pops up and gets all the jpg images. it's however not getting any of my pentax raw files off my camera. Any thing with the .pef extension is left on the card, and i have to manually get it off. is there anyway i can make f-spot get those images off?

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Beans
    192

    Re: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

    Quote Originally Posted by neildarlow View Post
    For Feisty you will need to replace:
    Code:
    gnome-volume-manager-gthumb %h
    with
    Code:
    f-spot --import %m
    I tried this in feisty. When I plug in my camera it mounts. Fspot import opens. I select panasonic from the import dialog and it automatically unmounts my camera. Gnome throws me a message about unsafe device removal. Fspot fails with a message "Error connecting to camera."

    On the other hand, when I plug in my camera and click ignore when it asks if I want to import photos, it mounts. I open f-spot manually and go to import and I have the option to import the photos from the mounted camera (labeled "disk").

    I have a panasonic fz8.
    Last edited by justinjstark; July 10th, 2007 at 06:32 PM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Beans
    7
    Distro
    Edubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

    Re: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

    Sweet thanks
    Last edited by joe007; October 19th, 2007 at 02:10 AM.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth, AUSTRALIA
    Beans
    28
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

    Re: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

    When uploading from my Nikon D70S memory card, I prefer to use gqview and for anyone else who would like to do this . . . . this is how.

    Make little script and put in /usr/local/bin

    Mine looks like . . .
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #!/bin/bash
    cp -ru "/media/NIKON D70S/DCIM/100ND70S" /home/username/nikon/
    gqview /home/username/nikon/100ND70S

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I called mine import_gqview.
    Then in System/Preferences/Removable Drives and Media/Cameras
    in the Command field I put

    /usr/local/bin/import_gqview

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Guyana
    Beans
    166
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

    Quote Originally Posted by justinjstark View Post
    I tried this in feisty. When I plug in my camera it mounts. Fspot import opens. I select panasonic from the import dialog and it automatically unmounts my camera. Gnome throws me a message about unsafe device removal. Fspot fails with a message "Error connecting to camera."

    On the other hand, when I plug in my camera and click ignore when it asks if I want to import photos, it mounts. I open f-spot manually and go to import and I have the option to import the photos from the mounted camera (labeled "disk").

    I have a panasonic fz8.
    Ubuntu 7.10
    Go to system->preferences->removable Drives and Media->Cameras and turn off the auto import feature to the right of Digital Camera.

    The camera will mount as a USB device. Now you can open whatever image program you want and select disk under import to import your photos.

    Also, you can switch your camera mode from PC to PictBridge (PTP) under Menu->setup->USB mode and pictures will be auto imported.

    This should work for many other cameras until a better solution is found.
    Metal head for life \m/
    http://www.ravalonline.com

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southeast US
    Beans
    100
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

    Many thanks!! Your how-to helped me with a different problem: I don't want F-Spot to run automatically-- I'm doing a little "nike" networking with my USB drive and don't want to have to let F-Spot load every time I plug it in to my Ubuntu box (from a WinXP box that doesn't connect to my printer-- long story .

    Thanks again. Write more How-To's! You're good at it!
    --
    System76 Gazelle Professional (gazp6)

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Guyana
    Beans
    166
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

    Quote Originally Posted by HunkirDowne View Post
    Many thanks!! Your how-to helped me with a different problem: I don't want F-Spot to run automatically-- I'm doing a little "nike" networking with my USB drive and don't want to have to let F-Spot load every time I plug it in to my Ubuntu box (from a WinXP box that doesn't connect to my printer-- long story .

    Thanks again. Write more How-To's! You're good at it!
    Happy to help.


    For the record in case anyone is wondering, the problem has been solved in Ubuntu 8.04

    Cameras do not USB automount. F-spot automatically opens and starts reading the images in the camera and once completed allows you to select what to import. This is when the camera is set to PicBridge.
    Metal head for life \m/
    http://www.ravalonline.com

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Beans
    135

    Re: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

    I haven't read this entire thread, so forgive me if this is already posted. The location of the photo folder can be changed by opening gconf-editor and going to apps -> f-spot -> import and changing the storage path to whatever you want. This way the home folder doesn't need to be cluttered with symlinks.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Guyana
    Beans
    166
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

    Quote Originally Posted by pmaconi View Post
    I haven't read this entire thread, so forgive me if this is already posted. The location of the photo folder can be changed by opening gconf-editor and going to apps -> f-spot -> import and changing the storage path to whatever you want. This way the home folder doesn't need to be cluttered with symlinks.
    It can be set in Ubuntu 8.04 from within the menu in F-Spot
    Metal head for life \m/
    http://www.ravalonline.com

  10. #20
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    161

    Re: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

    ...But you still can't change the folder naming convention. There is a Bugzilla thread about this issue.

    http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=329040

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •