Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

Beans

Re: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

im having a problem with this, it works great , i stick in my camera card, it pops up and gets all the jpg images. it's however not getting any of my pentax raw files off my camera. Any thing with the .pef extension is left on the card, and i have to manually get it off. is there anyway i can make f-spot get those images off?

Beans

Re: HOWTO: F-Spot - importing from camera's memory card to folder of your choice

Quote Originally Posted by neildarlow View Post
    For Feisty you will need to replace:
    Code:
    gnome-volume-manager-gthumb %h
    with
    Code:
    f-spot --import %m
    I tried this in feisty. When I plug in my camera it mounts. Fspot import opens. I select panasonic from the import dialog and it automatically unmounts my camera. Gnome throws me a message about unsafe device removal. Fspot fails with a message "Error connecting to camera."

On the other hand, when I plug in my camera and click ignore when it asks if I want to import photos, it mounts. I open f-spot manually and go to import and I have the option to import the photos from the mounted camera (labeled "disk").

I have a panasonic fz8.
    Last edited by justinjstark; July 10th, 2007 at 06:32 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Sweet thanks
    Last edited by joe007; October 19th, 2007 at 02:10 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

When uploading from my Nikon D70S memory card, I prefer to use gqview and for anyone else who would like to do this . . . . this is how.

Make little script and put in /usr/local/bin

Mine looks like . . .
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #!/bin/bash
    cp -ru "/media/NIKON D70S/DCIM/100ND70S" /home/username/nikon/
    gqview /home/username/nikon/100ND70S

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called mine import_gqview.
    Then in System/Preferences/Removable Drives and Media/Cameras
    in the Command field I put

/usr/local/bin/import_gqview

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by justinjstark View Post
    I tried this in feisty. When I plug in my camera it mounts. Fspot import opens. I select panasonic from the import dialog and it automatically unmounts my camera. Gnome throws me a message about unsafe device removal. Fspot fails with a message "Error connecting to camera."

On the other hand, when I plug in my camera and click ignore when it asks if I want to import photos, it mounts. I open f-spot manually and go to import and I have the option to import the photos from the mounted camera (labeled "disk").

I have a panasonic fz8.
    Ubuntu 7.10
    Go to system->preferences->removable Drives and Media->Cameras and turn off the auto import feature to the right of Digital Camera.

The camera will mount as a USB device. Now you can open whatever image program you want and select disk under import to import your photos.

Also, you can switch your camera mode from PC to PictBridge (PTP) under Menu->setup->USB mode and pictures will be auto imported.

This should work for many other cameras until a better solution is found.
    Metal head for life \m/
    http://www.ravalonline.com

Beans
    Distro

Many thanks!! Your how-to helped me with a different problem: I don't want F-Spot to run automatically-- I'm doing a little "nike" networking with my USB drive and don't want to have to let F-Spot load every time I plug it in to my Ubuntu box (from a WinXP box that doesn't connect to my printer-- long story .

Thanks again. Write more How-To's! You're good at it!
    --
    System76 Gazelle Professional (gazp6)

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by HunkirDowne View Post
    Many thanks!! Your how-to helped me with a different problem: I don't want F-Spot to run automatically-- I'm doing a little "nike" networking with my USB drive and don't want to have to let F-Spot load every time I plug it in to my Ubuntu box (from a WinXP box that doesn't connect to my printer-- long story .

Thanks again. Write more How-To's! You're good at it!
    Happy to help.

For the record in case anyone is wondering, the problem has been solved in Ubuntu 8.04

Cameras do not USB automount. F-spot automatically opens and starts reading the images in the camera and once completed allows you to select what to import. This is when the camera is set to PicBridge.
    Metal head for life \m/

Beans

I haven't read this entire thread, so forgive me if this is already posted. The location of the photo folder can be changed by opening gconf-editor and going to apps -> f-spot -> import and changing the storage path to whatever you want. This way the home folder doesn't need to be cluttered with symlinks.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by pmaconi View Post
    I haven't read this entire thread, so forgive me if this is already posted. The location of the photo folder can be changed by opening gconf-editor and going to apps -> f-spot -> import and changing the storage path to whatever you want. This way the home folder doesn't need to be cluttered with symlinks.
    It can be set in Ubuntu 8.04 from within the menu in F-Spot
    Metal head for life \m/

Beans

...But you still can't change the folder naming convention. There is a Bugzilla thread about this issue.

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=329040

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast