Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to create a wiki?

Beans

Re: How to create a wiki?

ok maybe I should re-explain the problem. Now I have created a wiki, and for the past couple days I been trying to figure out why it wasn't updating the edit correct until today I realized that the front page of the wiki (where I was trying to update), I realized that for some reason it had assigned 2 ID's to the page, so it was cycling between the update for each ID. Now I need to create a Validator method to Keep 1 ID to the page. This is what I mean by vadilate.

I hope this helps you, help me.

Thanks
    ~BT

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktalon View Post
    I am creating cause someoone has asked me to create it. And this has been bugging me for a while now.
    Just tell him there is no need to re-invent a bike (as we say it). Why wouldn't that someone just use a wiki that's already made?

Beans

I do appreciate everyones help and suggestions, but do I know the saying (why re-invent the wheel) and so does he, but this wiki need to go into a huge, and I mean huge web application, and we need it to do specific stuff. (and if you are wondering what huge is I am talking about over 1000 file web application, and nearly a 1 Gig of space it takes up)
    Last edited by Blacktalon; September 14th, 2006 at 08:30 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I too am creating a wiki 'style' thing, mostly to teach myself perl. If it works satisfactorily when I'm done, I'm gonna pass it on to my uni's English Dept. I'm sure they'd find a use for it. It's kind of a hybrid between a wiki and a forum, I'll show you guys when I'm done (shouldn't be too long now really) and you can be my bug testers

It's running on my home pc though so don't expect speed. At all :O

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Blacktalon View Post
    ok maybe I should re-explain the problem. [...]
    I guess I can't help as I've really understood little of what you're saying

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12