Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: driver for OKI B4100 printer

Beans

Re: driver for OKI B4100 printer

Quote Originally Posted by Easterly Wind View Post
    Hi,

For all those owners of OKI B4100 printers and other lower models in B series, I composed a ppd file and attach it to this post.

I checked it works with Dapper and Breezy, might work with other distributions, doesn't work on FC5 (don't know why).

Basically, it's a heavily modified ppd for hp laserjet 6, and uses hpijs driver.

With the attached ppd you can use all OKI options, and you can set paper type, weight, 2 toner saver modes, tray/manual feed, etc.

With this ppd OKI prints at 600dpi. You can tell your printer to use 1200dpi too but hpijs doesn't support resolutions over 600dpi.

DON'T FORGET to switch off duplex printing in printer properties, otherwise each page you print will be followed by a blank one.

For those completely new to Ubuntu <like me >, download the attachment and double-click on it, then extract the .ppd file to a convenient location. Then go to System->Administration->Printing, Double-click on 'Add new printer', then follow instructions, when asked for printer model, click on 'install driver' and open your ppd file, then follow instructions again.

I am certainly jealous with the success several of you have had! I downloaded the driver. I went to the add printer option. However, unfortunately there is nothing I can do to get the printer to communicate with my HP mini. I have the printer on and the cable is plugged in! But the dialog box read, among others " Stopped - unplugged or turned off!! I am thoroughly .....
    Pls help.

Beans

Hi
    I just want to know if this driver can be used for Windows as well. I have Windows 7

Regards
    Anyone can help me with this??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Smile Re: driver for OKI B4100 printer

By the way. Linux kernel 2.6 and 2.4 drivers are available for some of these printers. Look up your printer on the okidata website below and check the os. If not, try a similar printer. Best of luck.

http://my.okidata.com/dsdownWeb.nsf/...8?OpenDocument

Gooogle search:

http://www.google.com/search?client=...utf-8&oe=utf-8

Beans

Thanks for this...

Worked on the first attempt for me...

Beans

OkiData released official printer driver
    http://my.okidata.com/PP-B2200.nsf?opendatabase

Beans

fine with b2200, thanks!

Beans

Smile Re: driver for OKI B4100 printer

Thanks it worked first time. It is also my first request for assistance on Ubuntu and is most encouraging.

Any chance of you doing something similar for a Canon scanner N640P?
    Mike

Beans

The driver works pretty good with my OKI B2200 under Ubuntu 10.10, Ubuntu 10.04 and also OpenSuSE 11.4.

Only problem is: The printer only prints. There's no option to clean the printheads or print a self-test hardcopy like there was with the original OKI driver and software under Windows. And I'm badly in need of cleaning the printheads since the hardcopies I'm printing are getting stripes.

There's also no option to see the charging level of the toner cartridge using this ppd-file under Linux. Well, at least the printer does the job...

Thanks for the upload!!

Beans

Works great with my OKI B2200 on Ubuntu 11.04!

Thanks a lot!

Beans

Hi, I need to install the OKI B420dn in Unix using the parallel port. I don't have driver.
    What to do???

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast