Hi,

I have a loptop, Compaq Parario c5000

I can't get it to do wifi or even get on my local network

can you help?

thanks

Angelo

Beans

Re: HOWTO - Basic Network Troubleshooting / Understanding

1.i have problem with my connection information i cant click at icon if want to see my ip address ,subnet gateway.

2. i cant browse my modem Billion Bipac 5112s 192.168.1.254

3. if i set my modem in window from bridge mode to pppoe my connection internet not work ubuntu.

So anybody can help me to solve it. Sorry my bad english not my mother tongue

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by nazrysamaratin View Post
    1.i have problem with my connection information i cant click at icon if want to see my ip address ,subnet gateway.

2. i cant browse my modem Billion Bipac 5112s 192.168.1.254

3. if i set my modem in window from bridge mode to pppoe my connection internet not work ubuntu.

So anybody can help me to solve it. Sorry my bad english not my mother tongue
    Hi there!

Could you please be a little bit more specific?

Also, this is quite an old thread

Best regards!

Beans

OK I really don't know what to do, I have been using Windows for too long and my mind has become to stuborn about it.

So I have IP adress 192.168.0.1 (default I guess) for my router.
    That should be my default gateway.

eth0 is the only ethernet adapter I find at the network connections

In this whole tutorial, there is no way you can view or test if your hardware is actually working. Because in that same PC with Windows it wasn't detecting the RJ45 cables with the router at the other side.

I really need some help. Ubuntu without internet connection seems useless(video driver from NVidia downloadble from their site, etc.)
    Ubuntu 9.04 | Intel Celeron D 2.26 Ghz, 256 KB L2 Cache | 2 GB RAM | Motherboard ECS 661 GX-M | Nvidia Geforce 6200 AGP | USB Lambda Lexicon audio interface.

Beans

Smile Re: HOWTO - Basic Network Troubleshooting / Understanding

hi, i'm a newbie for networking, i got problem for home networking. i got 4 computers at home, one is running ubuntu 8.04 lts, the rest are running xp, among them is laptop using wireless which is old stuff. i got one linksys broadband router which is connected with 2 xps and 1 ubuntu, 3 xps can see eachother and share their folders, vnc is running perfect. the problem is ubuntu machine can ping 3 xp machines, but xps cannot see ubuntu machine. i tried ubuntu networking tools and network under places menu, i cannot see 3 xps in windows network which is empty. anybody can help me? i'm worried about that. thanks.

Beans

dataw0lf,
    did you ever post the intermediate course?

Beans

Talking Re: HOWTO - Basic Network Troubleshooting / Understanding

I have a di624 router that i am trying to make it work like a range extender. I am running ubuntu linux. I am trying to connect to the eth01 but not getting any where, question is two fold. 1 how can i connect to the di624 router enabling what ever properties on the linux box and 2 how do i make the di624 more of a range extender. btw i am connecting directly from the ethernet port on the pc to the lan port 1 on the wireless router.

thanks for reading this

ps still trying to get the Raylinktech usb to be recognized but to no avail.. trying something different.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Talking Re: HOWTO - Basic Network Troubleshooting / Understanding

Thanks for the 1st post.
    Did you get well?, your link = 404 page not found.
    Crash is for me life changing.
    Encouraged enough to do the intermediate?
    Ubuntu User 28375. Ubuntu, Kubuntu, XPpro x5, Multi boot x7 Boxes.Still a beginer.

Beans

Great article.

Thanks!

Beans

Yes, great thread! But wanted to point out, please check also the hardware side. Had issue with network, connecting just at 10MB/s. Issue was, somehow broken cable, too many errors on the cable, so that was the reason why the nic was going down to 10MB/s. Changed cable and all was good.
    Please check cables, ports on router, switch, cross-change cable and ports to check functionality. You get the point.
    That's what i wanted to say about TS, do not forget the HW side

Best regards

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234