Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: HOWTO: Nvidia nForce SoundStorm APU: Digital output, Surround and Hardware mixing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: HOWTO: Nvidia nForce SoundStorm APU: Digital output, Surround and Hardware mixing

Quote Originally Posted by zoso75 View Post
    Thank you jocko for your good job ...
    I'm a new linux user but unfortunately I' m running Ubuntu 10.04.1 LTS (Linux Version 2.6.32-25-generic) so your good guide need a little update ... The steps are clear, it's all corrects (including the exceptions like "if you get this error do this etc...", great!!!) but probably some stuffs are missing ...
    I have the 5. 1 Dolby digital led turned on on my apmplifier, I can hear the sound test by "gstreamer-properties" but no card is detected in the Hardware Audio Settings ... So any ideas ???
    I have A7N8X-E Deluxe ...
    I would appreciate any help you can give me
    Sorry, my old computer is now dead, so there is no way I can test it... but gnome's audio hardware setting only apply to pulseaudio+alsa.
    The instructions in this howto only works with oss (old oss, not the new oss4), so those settings will not help you in any way. You have to set every program to use oss instead of pulseaudio or alsa (and don't even try to force pulseaudio to start after you have followed this guide. It will cause a complete system freeze.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOWTO: Nvidia nForce SoundStorm APU: Digital output, Surround and Hardware mixing

Do you think you could make one last patch or give a suggestion for the new kernel? I keep getting an error that it can't build the module.
    I would be grateful if you were to help, I can't afford a new computer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by The Eight-Bit Link View Post
    Do you think you could make one last patch or give a suggestion for the new kernel? I keep getting an error that it can't build the module.
    I would be grateful if you were to help, I can't afford a new computer.
    Sorry, I don't have the hardware to try it on, so it would be very hard for me to get anything working. If you post the error you get, maybe someone else can help you...

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334