Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's a good opensource free program for drawing and creating electronic schematics.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Question Re: What's a good opensource free program for drawing and creating electronic schemat

Eagle is in the repos, so it's a snap to install with Synaptic.

I don't know man.? , I believe one of us must be mistaken..

I don't see Eagle in synaptic.... ..
    Ubuntu 10.10 user..
    Registered Linux user #419240.
    "Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect." -- Linus Torvalds.

Beans
    Distro

Question Re: What's a good opensource free program for drawing and creating electronic schemat

I think i'll try this one...right here. How do i install it..?? , Like this.?

Code:
    sudo alien -i <package name>
    Like that..?
    Ubuntu 10.10 user..
    "Really, I'm not out to destroy Microsoft. That will just be a completely unintentional side effect." -- Linus Torvalds.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: What's a good opensource free program for drawing and creating electronic schemat

Quote Originally Posted by jason.b.c View Post
    I don't know man.? , I believe one of us must be mistaken..

I don't see Eagle in synaptic.... ..
    You probably don't have the right repo's enabled. Eagle is in multiverse. Enable that and there it is.

To do it in Synaptic, go Settings/Repositories. Go down the list and enable (I think this is the right one) Non-free (Multiverse). Close that dialog box and hit the Reload button in the upper left. Then search for Eagle.
    =======================
    Futz's Microcontrollers & Robotics
    =======================

Beans
    Distro

Arrow Re: What's a good opensource free program for drawing and creating electronic schemat

DAMN IT..!

Why won't this thing install..??

Synaptic output==>
    eagle:
    Depends: libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2 but it is not installable

Terminal output==>
    Code:
    jason@Hp-Vectra-VL:~$ sudo apt-get install libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2
    Password:
    E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)

jason@Hp-Vectra-VL:~$

Why is it that everytime i try this the http//us.archive....universe repo is down...

How in the hell can i get it manually...???
    Last edited by jason.b.c; September 9th, 2006 at 06:19 AM.
    Ubuntu 10.10 user..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: What's a good opensource free program for drawing and creating electronic schemat

Sounds like you need to install build-essential. Back to Synaptic again. Build-essential really should be in the standard install, IMHO.
    =======================
    =======================

Beans

wow, I just tried eagle, thats freaking awsome. At least compared to the others Ive tried in linux. I wish they had a simulation package with it. I saw that they have B2 spice which works with eagle but it costs and only has a windows and mac installer.
    Something with an oscilloscope which gave accurate results would be fantastic.
    Last edited by slimdog360; September 9th, 2006 at 07:24 AM.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by slimdog360 View Post
    wow, I just tried eagle, thats freaking awsome. At least compared to the others Ive tried in linux. I wish they had a simulation package with it. I saw that they have B2 spice which works with eagle but it costs and only has a windows and mac installer.
    Something with an oscilloscope which gave accurate results would be fantastic.
    It's a great program.

My crappy old web-site (desperately in need of a rebuild) at http://ghmicro.com has a couple of my little projects with Eagle files if you're interested. Go to Projects and look at "MAX7219 LED Display" and "PIC16F628 Board". The LED Display board page has fairly decent pictures of the whole prototyping/design/build process.

The LED display is a homemade double side board, so the layout has to be VERY carefully planned for absolute minimum number of top-side pads. All top-side components have to be mounted way high to allow soldering iron access underneath them to the top pads, and you still melt things!
    Last edited by futz; September 9th, 2006 at 08:15 AM.
    =======================
    =======================

Beans
    Distro

Arrow Re: What's a good opensource free program for drawing and creating electronic schemat

Quote Originally Posted by futz View Post
    Sounds like you need to install build-essential. Back to Synaptic again. Build-essential really should be in the standard install, IMHO.
    I have that...

I'm trying to install through synaptic...But it dosen't work..

What about the windows version..? You think it'll run under wine..?

Quote Originally Posted by futz
    All top-side components have to be mounted way high to allow soldering iron access underneath them to the top pads, and you still melt things!
    Sounds like you need one of these new one's that don't burn and melt things..
    Last edited by jason.b.c; September 9th, 2006 at 08:07 PM.
    Ubuntu 10.10 user..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by jason.b.c View Post
    I have that...
    You sure? Try reinstalling it.

What about the windows version..? You think it'll run under wine..?
    I don't know. Quite likely it will.

Sounds like you need one of these new one's that don't burn and melt things..
    What a joke those things are.
    =======================
    =======================

Beans
    Distro

Red face Re: What's a good opensource free program for drawing and creating electronic schemat

Quote Originally Posted by futz View Post
    You sure? Try reinstalling it.
    I'm sure.....

I don't know. Quite likely it will.
    It don't , I tried it...

What a joke those things are.
    W.I.T.F..?....Joke..?? What do you mean by that..???
    That thing is freakin awesome... I want one, I'm sure they work just fine...
    Ubuntu 10.10 user..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast